Excessive Bumping :) :D

Ah. As an OCD mod creator it is often necessary to change the description to either fix a typo, add some useful information or add Q&A to an FAQ etc. 

I have actively avoided doing all these things in the past that would actually be helpful to users because I'm aware it bumps it up and I suspect it pings all followers? Wouldn't it be better to add some way for me to edit the page without pinging or bumping etc. 

Edited by Monoman1
2 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Ah. As an OCD mod creator it is often necessary to change the description to either fix a typo, add some useful information or add Q&A to an FAQ etc. 

I have actively avoided doing all these things in the past that would actually be helpful to users because I'm aware it bumps it up and I suspect it pings all followers? Wouldn't it be better to add some way for me to edit the page without pinging or bumping etc. 

True :)  and Thanks for those Mods Mono!!

Skyrim Download area isn't bad at all... However over on The Sims 4 downloads is terrible... Every time something new comes up, you have to go to the 2nd page because the same few modders just keep bumping their months old mods to the top every few hours....

While that would be a good option, couldnt you note these changes and enact them in bigger batches instead of fixing them as they come along? To be clear im not trying to shoot you down or anything but it seems like a fairly easy thing to work around, especially if you enact the text edits when you update the mod.

All that has to change is adding a decay timer and file size check.

1 hour ago, Terrafide said:

Every time something new comes up, you have to go to the 2nd page because the same few modders just keep bumping their months old mods to the top every few hours....

Exactly. It's so annoying. I'm glad this update came out.

1 hour ago, indolu said:

While that would be a good option, couldnt you note these changes and enact them in bigger batches instead of fixing them as they come along? To be clear im not trying to shoot you down or anything but it seems like a fairly easy thing to work around, especially if you enact the text edits when you update the mod.

Sure. In a perfect world where I release mods without bugs ;)

And thats exactly the approach I'm using right now (I don't change anything until I've a version update  to post) but my point is that between updates users are going without useful information and more than likely by the time I actually do an update I'll have forgotten half of what I wanted to change. Or the information is now obsolete because a certain bug is now fixed with the update for example. 

On 5/27/2021 at 8:53 PM, Monoman1 said:

As an OCD mod creator it is often necessary to change the description to either fix a typo, add some useful information or add Q&A to an FAQ etc. 

I love the hell out of well maintained mod descriptions.  There are a lot of mods out there that are simply unusable because of poor mod descriptions.

I think the real question here is why does updating your mod description need to bump your mod?

On 5/30/2021 at 11:59 AM, Darkwing241 said:

I love the hell out of well maintained mod descriptions.

I've been watching this and it isn't so much about updated mods and updated info regarding those mods, but a lot of what I noticed are TS4 (and other) Patreon account holders who create sims to sell and are constantly bumping their page to hock their "exclusive" join and pay for stuff. I saw one "update" that was only a repeat of the text from the original post from the week before.

I make TS3 CC, which isn't a cluster fudge page of "updates", as people playing TS3 know how to download sliders and use CAS to make their own Sims. They just need some clothes and accessories. ) Also, being so old of a game, not as many making things for it these days.

And to be honest, if a game mod has been updated and made better, it should be highlighted on the update billboard so people who use that mod can see it was updated, take a look at the changelog and have a chance to download the newer version... THAT is exactly what I think updates should be for, not because "custom sim Kim's panties are now red instead of pink... visit my Patreon page."