Is Nemesis framework dead? Creature support ETA?

https://github.com/ShikyoKira/Project-New-Reign---Nemesis-Main

Doesn't seem like there has been much activity in their GitHub in the past year. Should we even expect creature support?

And to piggy-back off that so that this thread properly belongs under "Technical Support", I'm having issues trying to get FNIS and Nemesis to work together to get said creature support. I'll admit I've been on a long hiatus and recently came back to modding Skyrim SE, and I'm lost lol. From the bit of research that I've done, it seems like it's pretty confusing right now in terms of getting FNIS and Nemesis to work together for creature animations. Is there a more straightforward guide out there?

Edit: Whoops, I should mention that the issue I'm having is that the humans are animating but the creatures aren't, so that tells me that I didn't install things properly which is why I'm asking if there's a clean straightforward guide for this.

On 5/13/2021 at 2:56 PM, Alessia Wellington said:

Did you check this guide here?

Okay, so I read that thread some more and apparently someone found a way to get it to work using Vortex, which is what I'm using. Followed the instructions and it worked! ? It's actually simpler on Vortex than MO2, but no less messy. And still time consuming if there's a lot of animation mods. So here's hoping that the guys at Nemesis will implement native Creature support. I mean it's about time we all switched over from FNIS at this point, honestly...

• 1 year later...

i know this is a 1 year old comment but, Nemesis Engine mod is already dead and abandoned by it's PoS of a creator Shikyokira and their team A-holes

Due to a Ton of problems that they claimed to be "User Error" when even some of their team members had already claimed that the problem still persists

now that S-Bag is hiding behind patreon to scam people to pay for another bug infested mod. 

The nemesis can be installed beside fnis-but you have to understand, how both do work for your game. I would not let a mod-manager try to do this job as you need to have impact on the behavior-files, manually.

Nemesis can not generate  aa-animation-behaviors of FNIS straight out of the box. Also furniture-animations, which come by fnis can be transferred to become a part of the target behavior-file (mt_behavior...) for the gameplay. Anyway are such generated idles not anymore suiting to the size of the character(s). Nemesis is not working in scale and sadly lowering the scale by a little issure, which is solved ONLY if you enter the RACEMENU once inside of a furniture. Weird and same time simply odd as the behavior-graph is visually/data-technically showing same stuff, which is generated by FNIS. And btw. is nemesis not able to generate different stuff without a FNIS-file at all. Means FNIS is the enter-tool and NEMSEIS is an executation-tool while causing some issures/error. Nemesis is fun for those, who additionally want some more attack-animations and some new motion-relevant stuff which can not be made valide by FNIS. As it is not scale-compatible, it is not working for furnitures. Furnitures means the furnitures, which are officially classified by Creation Kit in game. AA animations of FNIS can not being made available via nemesis, so endless mods simply can not work compatible with nemesis as well. Conversions are not always working-not without dedicated WORK on details.

As FNIS is also not correctly adding furniture-behaviors into the skyrim-platform and also edits on those behavior-files are simply not possible as the users always run FNIS after a next update or different mod´s animation-additions, all further editing inside of the FNIS-created behavior-file for the game is OBSOLETE and becomes overwritten as soon FNIS is being started again. Means that furniture-idles and their structure will allways and in future is been created in a WRONG way with those artefacts, which could be solved so easy if FNIS would add them correctly. This is the payment for the way how FNIS has being made and how the structure of the behavior-files of the game have being developed. Means I can solve issures on my system as long I am not any more doing changes. This is a stage of very personal game-modding which can not become shared at all.

None of those mods are perfect, but FNIS is a BEST CHOICE and nemesis is as soon you don´t need new fighting stuff or some experimental stuff quite obsolete. Of course can you use both to get maybe some stuff to become working together, which is not working by using FNIS all alone. Quite a pity that I had no chance to participate at the development of FNIS in the past-I would add a modulary behavior-section and some other features and those mentioned corrections...PITY !!!

Edited by t.ara
14 hours ago, psydeffexx said:

i know this is a 1 year old comment but, Nemesis Engine mod is already dead and abandoned by it's PoS of a creator Shikyokira and their team A-holes

Due to a Ton of problems that they claimed to be "User Error" when even some of their team members had already claimed that the problem still persists

now that S-Bag is hiding behind patreon to scam people to pay for another bug infested mod. 

I wonder how you really feel... ?

I'm running SSE 1.5.97, skse 2.0.20, "Toys" and "SLF 163" in Vortex with FNIS only, no Nemisis. And a LOT more!

I have all the creatures and furniture sex I can handle (snicker)! Is there some benefit or addition to modding by running both FNIS (complete mod set) AND Nemisis together at the same time?

My game is running pretty damn well the way it is. I just finished rebuilding it (again) with new and updated mods, 700+ of 'em. Yeah buddy, cum, cum and more cum, that's what my PC wants!!!

ScreenShot298.png

1 hour ago, BDNelson said:

I have all the creatures and furniture sex I can handle (snicker)! Is there some benefit or addition to modding by running both FNIS (complete mod set) AND Nemisis together at the same time?

There is an entire line of combat and movement mods that rely on features of Nemesis that FNIS can't do. If you've managed to avoid said mods entirely, keep doing what you're doing. You won't benefit from using both.

1 hour ago, Just Don't said:

There is an entire line of combat and movement mods that rely on features of Nemesis that FNIS can't do. If you've managed to avoid said mods entirely, keep doing what you're doing. You won't benefit from using both.

That's basically what i did too, i was interested in some combat overhaul mods but seeing the Nemesis dependency so many times just made me lose interest. Then i kinda figured if i wanted to play Dark Souls i could just go do that, better to keep the combat relatively true to vanilla and it's way less hassle anyway. And from what i hear Nemesis is now kinda abandoned so no point going back to it.

I wonder if there's a way to create a tool that does what Nemesis does while seamlessly integrating with FNIS, that'd be kinda cool.

On 5/13/2021 at 1:52 PM, HentaiGnome said:

Yeah I saw that, but it seemed a bit daunting. It doesn't help that it was written specifically for MO2 users. I may have to refer to it though if there's nothing else lol.

Shikyokira despises bestiality, there will never be 1st party creature support. ever.

21 hours ago, psydeffexx said:

Citation needed.

4 hours ago, Just Don't said:

You won't benefit from using both.

Except you literally will. Mod 1 uses X so you have X installed Mod 2 uses Y so you install that as well. If you intend to use content from both, you need both. It is entirely under the perview of user capability and experience.

Edited by 27X
1 hour ago, Mr. Otaku said:

That's basically what i did too, i was interested in some combat overhaul mods but seeing the Nemesis dependency so many times just made me lose interest. Then i kinda figured if i wanted to play Dark Souls i could just go do that, better to keep the combat relatively true to vanilla and it's way less hassle anyway. And from what i hear Nemesis is now kinda abandoned so no point going back to it.

I wonder if there's a way to create a tool that does what Nemesis does while seamlessly integrating with FNIS, that'd be kinda cool.

FNIS is simply not "open source"-merging different stuff to suiting skyrim behavior-files, compared with nemesis...But without FNIS, nemesis is not interesting as there are only those combat and some different other creations existing for it. Ladder-climbing and jumping over boxes as another example...like you can download for se in between-question always, if that is a fun-spender inside of skyrim...to me it is useless...but nemesis´s opened architecture to allow different new behaviors for combat and other stuff being able all to become merged is the clou of this software, compared with FNIS. FNIS doesn´t allow that and there are only some default mods prepared to work with FNIS in that way. This could only being changed if you have the source-code, and a coder who is willed and able to edit FNIS to become modular-and how I mentioned needs FNIS an error correction inside it´s structure, how the furnitures become created inside of the dedicated behavior-file-this is all put into SKYRIM´s file in a wrong way, which is causing trouble since FNIS is available. 

You can of course use both SIDE BY SIDE and let FNIS do the animations for creatures and let NEMESIS do those combat stuff and other stuff, which is not using AA-animations. It´s for normal users mostly not the common way but it is possible.

As we can see is NOTHING of this stuff working perfect, depending on a single-person-creation and their few missing experiences, which are not always known, during the time of the development of those mods as the behavior files have been very, very HARD to become readable in the past.

14 minutes ago, 27X said:

Except you literally will. Mod 1 uses X so you have X installed Mod 2 uses Y so you install that as well. If you intend to use content from both, you need both. It is entirely under the preview of user capability and experience.

That sentence is in direct relation to the previous statement in my reply, which assumes the user doesn't use Nemesis related mods at the moment. Like BDNelson says. Because it was a direct reply to their question (it would be a different scenario if they do have mods requiring Nemesis and think they can make it work by using FNIS alone).

1 hour ago, Mr. Otaku said:

Well, one is abandoned and open source. The other is abandoned, no open permissions and no source available either. I guess both are still serviceable enough to not compel people to create or release something new.

Edited by Just Don't
1 hour ago, t.ara said:

FNIS is simply not "open source"-merging different stuff to suiting skyrim behavior-files, compared with nemesis...But without FNIS, nemesis is not interesting as there are only those combat and some different other creations existing for it. Ladder-climbing and jumping over boxes as another example...like you can download for se in between-question always, if that is a fun-spender inside of skyrim...to me it is useless...but nemesis´s opened architecture to allow different new behaviors for combat and other stuff being able all to become merged is the clou of this software, compared with FNIS. FNIS doesn´t allow that and there are only some default mods prepared to work with FNIS in that way. This could only being changed if you have the source-code, and a coder who is willed and able to edit FNIS to become modular-and how I mentioned needs FNIS an error correction inside it´s structure, how the furnitures become created inside of the dedicated behavior-file-this is all put into SKYRIM´s file in a wrong way, which is causing trouble since FNIS is available. 

You can of course use both SIDE BY SIDE and let FNIS do the animations for creatures and let NEMESIS do those combat stuff and other stuff, which is not using AA-animations. It´s for normal users mostly not the common way but it is possible.

As we can see is NOTHING of this stuff working perfect, depending on a single-person-creation and their few missing experiences, which are not always known, during the time of the development of those mods as the behavior files have been very, very HARD to become readable in the past.

That's good to know, thanks for the insight. I'm just glad ZAZ doesn't use Nemesis cause that would've been a mega problem for me and many others. You're working on ZAP still right? Is it just for LE or SE or both?

1 hour ago, Just Don't said:

Well, one is abandoned and open source. The other is abandoned, no open permissions and no source available either. I guess both are still serviceable enough to not compel people to create or release something new.

Did the FNIS creator just dip out of the modding scene? I think it's kinda wack that some modders can create useful stuff like that but never bother to make the code public when they're done with modding. Nemesis also never took off like FNIS so that also doesn't help.

2 hours ago, Mr. Otaku said:

Did the FNIS creator just dip out of the modding scene?

don't know the full details but he retired, fore was in his 70's when he left so it's understandable why he would not want to deal with other peoples shit anymore.

6 hours ago, Mr. Otaku said:

That's good to know, thanks for the insight. I'm just glad ZAZ doesn't use Nemesis cause that would've been a mega problem for me and many others. You're working on ZAP still right? Is it just for LE or SE or both?

Did the FNIS creator just dip out of the modding scene? I think it's kinda wack that some modders can create useful stuff like that but never bother to make the code public when they're done with modding. Nemesis also never took off like FNIS so that also doesn't help.

Fore is a german programmer, I had some smalltalk with him in the past. I guess he simply is not "interested any longer" or "ready with modding at all", which is quite understandable. A pity, that I did not ask him for the code of fnis. I guess he is not reachable any longer-his account on nexus is gone. FNIS is now being offered by a nexus robot-account. If he still would read here around, he surely would start to get into dialogue-but this is not happening. If I would be little more in code, I´d maybe also try to create something like FNIS which is open handable and merging the idles of mods into the existing gameplay...in between I have a nice overview of the skyrim behavior graph-but I would need a programmer to realize the stuff. A cool software would be something between FNIS and a visible and editable behavior-graph to overtake and merge new stuff, maybe with some more parameters. But I guess I only waste my time because I can not also learn also to work with windows development software now.  For such stuff you have to find a professional programmer who has time and who is interested in such a task. From my point of view is FNIS perfect, as soon you have your animation-setup ready-means you never again start FNIS. If it is in such a way, it´s possible to directly change some MISTAKES, which FNIS is producing inside of the files and it is then also possible to edit wanted data - and after all of this you get a rock solid stuff with some more features. The main problem I had with furniture-creations has been the alignment issures, which I can solve in between. But all this edits are being made on a behavior-file, which is becoming corrupted, as soon you start FNIS again. This is exactly the problem and as long FNIS is not offering those edits by default, this changes are useless for others. Also FNIS is merging all the wanted animations into their suiting target-behavior-files for the game-but this software is doing that in a moderate and good quality at all. Depending on the very complex havok-behavior system, FNIS is a masterpiece of mod-hack-creations. "Hacking" is here finally something very serious and positive inmeaning. FORE himself used this term inside of his guide.

ZAP has been tested and checked with NEMESIS and I can tell you-and this is for all the mods you want to transfer to become readable by nemesis:

-animated objects do not be supported

-else if the created graph of nemesis is looking the same like FNIS´s graph, it simply produces animations in a scale-down - version, so that furnitures do not work in scale: a correction can be checked out by using RACE-MENU and exiting racemenu again-after the exit, the character is then in scale again (in any case not serious to be used)

-alignment issures are also with NEMESIS happening, because the wrong info for furnitures is happening maybe on a same code inside of NEMSESIS, i guess it is "overtaken" from FNIS....that code has sadly some nonsence inside of it (the txt-file info of FNIS is simply becoming a "working", but lacking furniture-the behavior-structure of those results are all WRONG.

-AA animations can not being "converted-NEMESIS can not generate suiting behaviors of FNIS´s info-files as it (NEMESIS) is not being ready for that task...so all your mods, which have aa-files, won´t work !! - or you quit those aa-animations.

In a short result: NEMESIS is not handling furniture-animations and can not offer a correct scale for it´s animations. It can not handle AA-animation-sets and it also can not handle Animated Objects, which are connected to animation-idles. NEMESIS offers a chance to add combat-stuff without a need to ask the creator (open source), compared with FNIS-but that´s the only single advantage here-for some users is this important, for others it is NOT.

I´m with a friend on some workarounds and tests, concerning editing the behavior-graph...in between I can add furnitures, which work professional like the integrted stuff works-but all this is not available to become shared as long there will be no engine for it...more easy would be, to edit the code of FNIS.

Edited by t.ara
11 hours ago, Just Don't said:

You won't benefit from using both.

This is wrong. The game(s) can share compatible, created behavior files of nemesis/and FNIS same time. Benefit is an open system, which has the ability of nearly endless additions of idles....a playground without limits, depending on the engine´s capability.

About NEMESIS again: it can of course add mods by spending the prepaired behaviors in a NAKED way. Those creations will follow to the commands of your own created behavior-files and can be merged by NEMESIS also with FNIS-stuff side-by-side. This means if I would prepare the whole ZAP stuff by dedicated behavior-files, all those content would be working like a charme and tight sitting, like the parts of the original behavior content works. Every modder, which is going this route can name her/his mod and make the content tight working.

The pic shows an example of my own test-mod, which can officially being merged by NEMESIS, together with all other authors, which create their content in such a way.

NEMESIS can read FNIS-files, which is not working ideal-how I mentioned above AND it can add independent new creations of behaviors and merge them all together for a working game. In that case are also furnitures working with animated objects, spend tight solid animations without issures compared with the originals and you can also add lot of other parameters, including sound effects and more. I learned that in between for furnitures, but it is a lot of work. For a ZAP 7 this would be fine for about 12-16 furnitures, but not for some hundreds of furnitures like I have in between inside of ZAP.

I guess that in future I´ll offer some non-sex furnitures as an additional mod for skyrim, which offer the integration via NEMESIS. This aspect is underlining the strength of NEMESIS, but it has a hard learning curve because you have to integrate the assets piece by piece into the behavior-graph....it´s like you open the havok animation tool and you need every step of it to become readable as an xml-file. That nemesis-pillory-creation you can watch on my ZAP-thread if interested.

Unbenannt.JPG

Unbenannt.JPG

TESV 2022-11-21 20-23-29-34.jpg

Edited by t.ara
5 hours ago, t.ara said:

This is wrong. The game(s) can share compatible, created behavior files of nemesis/and FNIS same time. Benefit is an open system, which has the ability of nearly endless additions of idles....a playground without limits, depending on the engine´s capability.

Again. That's a direct reply to BDNelson who's not using any Nemesis related mods nor has found any of them interesting enough to add Nemesis to their game. It's almost like every statement is related to the previous ones, forming a context in which the text can have an useful sense.

Edited by Just Don't
9 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

don't know the full details but he retired, fore was in his 70's when he left so it's understandable why he would not want to deal with other peoples shit anymore.

Ohh man, that's not what i was expecting. Yeah that's completely understandable and i hope he's doing alright, at that age i can't imagine anyone dealing with the hassle of modding on a regular basis.

5 hours ago, t.ara said:

Fore is a german programmer, I had some smalltalk with him in the past. I guess he simply is not "interested any longer" or "ready with modding at all", which is quite understandable. A pity, that I did not ask him for the code of fnis. I guess he is not reachable any longer-his account on nexus is gone. FNIS is now being offered by a nexus robot-account. If he still would read here around, he surely would start to get into dialogue-but this is not happening. If I would be little more in code, I´d maybe also try to create something like FNIS which is open handable and merging the idles of mods into the existing gameplay...in between I have a nice overview of the skyrim behavior graph-but I would need a programmer to realize the stuff. A cool software would be something between FNIS and a visible and editable behavior-graph to overtake and merge new stuff, maybe with some more parameters. But I guess I only waste my time because I can not also learn also to work with windows development software now.  For such stuff you have to find a professional programmer who has time and who is interested in such a task. From my point of view is FNIS perfect, as soon you have your animation-setup ready-means you never again start FNIS. If it is in such a way, it´s possible to directly change some MISTAKES, which FNIS is producing inside of the files and it is then also possible to edit wanted data - and after all of this you get a rock solid stuff with some more features. The main problem I had with furniture-creations has been the alignment issures, which I can solve in between. But all this edits are being made on a behavior-file, which is becoming corrupted, as soon you start FNIS again. This is exactly the problem and as long FNIS is not offering those edits by default, this changes are useless for others. Also FNIS is merging all the wanted animations into their suiting target-behavior-files for the game-but this software is doing that in a moderate and good quality at all. Depending on the very complex havok-behavior system, FNIS is a masterpiece of mod-hack-creations. "Hacking" is here finally something very serious and positive inmeaning. FORE himself used this term inside of his guide.

ZAP has been tested and checked with NEMESIS and I can tell you-and this is for all the mods you want to transfer to become readable by nemesis:

-animated objects do not be supported

-else if the created graph of nemesis is looking the same like FNIS´s graph, it simply produces animations in a scale-down - version, so that furnitures do not work in scale: a correction can be checked out by using RACE-MENU and exiting racemenu again-after the exit, the character is then in scale again (in any case not serious to be used)

-alignment issures are also with NEMESIS happening, because the wrong info for furnitures is happening maybe on a same code inside of NEMSESIS, i guess it is "overtaken" from FNIS....that code has sadly some nonsence inside of it (the txt-file info of FNIS is simply becoming a "working", but lacking furniture-the behavior-structure of those results are all WRONG.

-AA animations can not being "converted-NEMESIS can not generate suiting behaviors of FNIS´s info-files as it (NEMESIS) is not being ready for that task...so all your mods, which have aa-files, won´t work !! - or you quit those aa-animations.

In a short result: NEMESIS is not handling furniture-animations and can not offer a correct scale for it´s animations. It can not handle AA-animation-sets and it also can not handle Animated Objects, which are connected to animation-idles. NEMESIS offers a chance to add combat-stuff without a need to ask the creator (open source), compared with FNIS-but that´s the only single advantage here-for some users is this important, for others it is NOT.

I´m with a friend on some workarounds and tests, concerning editing the behavior-graph...in between I can add furnitures, which work professional like the integrted stuff works-but all this is not available to become shared as long there will be no engine for it...more easy would be, to edit the code of FNIS.

3 hours ago, t.ara said:

About NEMESIS again: it can of course add mods by spending the prepaired behaviors in a NAKED way. Those creations will follow to the commands of your own created behavior-files and can be merged by NEMESIS also with FNIS-stuff side-by-side. This means if I would prepare the whole ZAP stuff by dedicated behavior-files, all those content would be working like a charme and tight sitting, like the parts of the original behavior content works. Every modder, which is going this route can name her/his mod and make the content tight working.

The pic shows an example of my own test-mod, which can officially being merged by NEMESIS, together with all other authors, which create their content in such a way.

NEMESIS can read FNIS-files, which is not working ideal-how I mentioned above AND it can add independent new creations of behaviors and merge them all together for a working game. In that case are also furnitures working with animated objects, spend tight solid animations without issures compared with the originals and you can also add lot of other parameters, including sound effects and more. I learned that in between for furnitures, but it is a lot of work. For a ZAP 7 this would be fine for about 12-16 furnitures, but not for some hundreds of furnitures like I have in between inside of ZAP.

I guess that in future I´ll offer some non-sex furnitures as an additional mod for skyrim, which offer the integration via NEMESIS. This aspect is underlining the strength of NEMESIS, but it has a hard learning curve because you have to integrate the assets piece by piece into the behavior-graph....it´s like you open the havok animation tool and you need every step of it to become readable as an xml-file. That nemesis-pillory-creation you can watch on my ZAP-thread if interested.

Unbenannt.JPG

Unbenannt.JPG

TESV 2022-11-21 20-23-29-34.jpg

This was a very insightful and interesting write-up so thanks a lot, i learned about stuff here that i had no clue about before. Man you guys are way too smart lol.

10 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

WHOA!

I didn't know that!~

No wonder he skipped out!

Well, I hope he's in good health & the gods keep him that way.

:thumbsup:

19 hours ago, BDNelson said:

I'm running SSE 1.5.97, skse 2.0.20, "Toys" and "SLF 163" in Vortex with FNIS only, no Nemisis. And a LOT more!

My game is running pretty damn well the way it is. I just finished rebuilding it (again) with new and updated mods, 700+ of 'em. Yeah buddy, cum, cum and more cum, that's what my PC wants!!!

ScreenShot298.png

Nice.......!!

:cool:

3 hours ago, Just Don't said:

Again. That's a direct reply to BDNelson who's not using any Nemesis related mods nor has found any of them interesting enough to add Nemesis to their game. It's almost like every statement is related to the previous ones, forming a context in which the text can have an useful sense.

Okay:-)

3 hours ago, Mr. Otaku said:

This was a very insightful and interesting write-up so thanks a lot, i learned about stuff here that i had no clue about before. Man you guys are way too smart lol.

No, it ´s only scapping around the surface to USE the creations, which are brought by some very cool creators. But for NEMESIS, even if there are cute guidelines written down, I am sure that only some few persons will create suiting stuff. With lot of interest, you can get to create stuff by the help and "lessons" of some semiprofis. I have luckily met such a NICE man in the past. But this things around those stuff to "feed" nemesis with is hardCORE-modding:-)))

But a good thing is that also as I had a break from that stuff some weeks ago, I since now did not forget about the workarounds and what I did during the time before. I simply could keep everything in mind. I can only hope that we (there are some people around creating mods by using nemesis on NEXUS) can in future also add some stuff by using NEMESIS, which I have in mind.

The answer to the question on top can be done ONLY in a positive way: NEMESIS is not "dead" and can be used in a very SERIOUS way beside or also alone to get tight and professional animation-behaviors being added to skyrim, as long you do not "feed" the thing with "FNIS-data".

?

Edited by t.ara
5 minutes ago, t.ara said:

No, it ´s only scapping around the surface to USE the creations, which are brought by some very cool creators. But for NEMESIS, even if there are cute guidelines written down, I am sure that only some few persons will create suiting stuff. With lot of interest, you can get to create stuff by the help and "lessons" of some semiprofis. I have luckily met such a NICE man in the past. But this things around those stuff to "feed" nemesis with is hardCORE-modding:-)))

But a good thing is that also as I had a break from that stuff some weeks ago, I since now did not forget about the workarounds and what I did during the time before. I simply could keep everything in mind. I can only hope that we (there are some people around creating mods by using nemesis on NEXUS) can in future also add some stuff by using NEMESIS, which I have in mind.

Cool stuff. That reminds me that DAR for Skyrim is still not updated, in the Nexus comments i saw some people say that the author is still working on it but there are no guarantees. There are some fantastic animation packs that only use DAR but they're all unusable now, do you think it'll be easy or hard for someone to recreate DAR functionalities? Cause we could use a replacement if it never gets updated again which would be really sad.