Is Nemesis framework dead? Creature support ETA?

56 minutes ago, Mr. Otaku said:

Cool stuff. That reminds me that DAR for Skyrim is still not updated, in the Nexus comments i saw some people say that the author is still working on it but there are no guarantees. There are some fantastic animation packs that only use DAR but they're all unusable now, do you think it'll be easy or hard for someone to recreate DAR functionalities? Cause we could use a replacement if it never gets updated again which would be really sad.

Just another victim of Bethesda's meddling with the executable for no good reason. There is still a fully functional DAR version for LE, SE, and AE 1.6.629, just not the latest AE version. Even if the author gave up on the mod, updating the dll shouldn't be too difficult. 

Well, I just tried to install "Sanguine's Debauchery" in my build and TOTALLY screwed the pooch! Racemenu stopped working, my PC got stuck in an A-pose and I couldn't get her out of it. So... I gotta do a little repair work to get my game working again. shit!

So... would anyone mind giving me the names of some of those "Nemisis" mods. I'd like to explore the side-by-side usage of FNIS and Nemisis as animation controllers. 

How would I go about installing Nemisis in my current build?

Should I even do that?

Will the installation of Nemisis alone give my game something it doesn't have right now?

How does my FNIS\DATA folder effect this whole thing?

ANY assistance would be appreciated.

50 minutes ago, BDNelson said:

Well, I just tried to install "Sanguine's Debauchery" in my build and TOTALLY screwed the pooch! Racemenu stopped working, my PC got stuck in an A-pose and I couldn't get her out of it. So... I gotta do a little repair work to get my game working again. shit!

So... would anyone mind giving me the names of some of those "Nemisis" mods. I'd like to explore the side-by-side usage of FNIS and Nemisis as animation controllers. 

How would I go about installing Nemisis in my current build?

Should I even do that?

Will the installation of Nemisis alone give my game something it doesn't have right now?

How does my FNIS\DATA folder effect this whole thing?

ANY assistance would be appreciated.

For all practical purposes as an end user, Nemesis and FNIS do the exact same thing. Using one or the other isn't going to help you or make your animations better. The only major difference is Nemesis doesn't support creature animations but FNIS does. Also, there are some newer mods that require Nemesis patches to work. Mainly combat related stuff, things like DMCO or SCAR. 

Anyway, the only reason to use both Nemesis and FNIS together is if 

1. You are using mods that require Nemesis
  2. You are using mods that require FNIS for creature animations

Otherwise, just stick to whichever one you are used to. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Otaku said:

Cool stuff. That reminds me that DAR for Skyrim is still not updated, in the Nexus comments i saw some people say that the author is still working on it but there are no guarantees. There are some fantastic animation packs that only use DAR but they're all unusable now, do you think it'll be easy or hard for someone to recreate DAR functionalities? Cause we could use a replacement if it never gets updated again which would be really sad.

FNIS has a DAR function but it's a bitch to setup, it needs in game papyrus scripts to work and is nowhere near as reliable/fast as the DAR skse plugin.

THANK YOU, "MadMansGun" for your link to the "SexLab Dragons" animations pack, the last set to complete my build... FINALLY found it thx to you, muchos grassyass! (that's my really bad fake Spanish)

Is that the dragon speak below the hidden comments?

HEY, bnub345, thx to you as well for the rapid response to my "Nemisis" questions, I will take your advice and stick with FNIS alone, frankly, I'm a video game enhancement engineer (my personal description), I'm not a modder in any sense of the word. If they don't work when I install 'em, they go bye bye. I don't fix or repair any mods, I leave that to the author's. 

i do have over 19,000 animations in my build (so far, but that's about to change thx to you), my FNIS is, of course, the 7.6 XXL version with all the fixes for up to 32,000 animations... allegedly. I'm not going to push that limit though.

OK, back to fixing my screw-up. Here's a pic of my girl, Blaze. She's a looker!!!

ScreenShot298.png

3 hours ago, Mr. Otaku said:

About DAR i do nt have enough info and at the moment I do not care about that-BUT my friend is more actual creating and using the moderner SE-AE stuff and as soon I maybe know little more about DAR, I can tell something about that-this is maybe depending to play with SKYRIM SE or higher. The latest skyrim versions off very crazy mods, which put HAVOK-collision into a very different light inside of SKYRIM, which is absolutly FUN to play with...but that´s only working with those last game-versions...that stuff is all available on NEXUS...there´s lot of stuff in between, which I all do not know and not play with. Same is for DAR.

3 hours ago, BDNelson said:

THANK YOU, "MadMansGun" for your link to the "SexLab Dragons" animations pack, the last set to complete my build... FINALLY found it thx to you, muchos grassyass! (that's my really bad fake Spanish)

Is that the dragon speak below the hidden comments?

HEY, bnub345, thx to you as well for the rapid response to my "Nemisis" questions, I will take your advice and stick with FNIS alone, frankly, I'm a video game enhancement engineer (my personal description), I'm not a modder in any sense of the word. If they don't work when I install 'em, they go bye bye. I don't fix or repair any mods, I leave that to the author's. 

i do have over 19,000 animations in my build (so far, but that's about to change thx to you), my FNIS is, of course, the 7.6 XXL version with all the fixes for up to 32,000 animations... allegedly. I'm not going to push that limit though.

OK, back to fixing my screw-up. Here's a pic of my girl, Blaze. She's a looker!!!

ScreenShot298.png

As I said, nice........Here's one of mine.

:cool:

20200420061624_1.jpg

Oh my, that's an elven honey, VERY nice indeed. I presume the hair is HDT\SMP, long hair that flows and moves is one of my favorites. Blaze's hair does that too.

What's her name?

Well, I'm done with the MCM, the Dragon anim's went in very nicely. Blaze is out of the prison cell, out of the Sleeping Giant and roaming around Riverwood doing the little stuff first. The game is running 5X5 (VERY well) ... so far.

Say... uh... where is she? That's not the prison cell! Is it?

17 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

FNIS has a DAR function but it's a bitch to setup, it needs in game papyrus scripts to work and is nowhere near as reliable/fast as the DAR skse plugin.

I had no clue that's even a thing, but if it's a bitch to set up then i can see why i never saw this come up on related topics. My game feels incomplete without some of those DAR dependant animations : (

16 hours ago, t.ara said:

About DAR i do nt have enough info and at the moment I do not care about that-BUT my friend is more actual creating and using the moderner SE-AE stuff and as soon I maybe know little more about DAR, I can tell something about that-this is maybe depending to play with SKYRIM SE or higher. The latest skyrim versions off very crazy mods, which put HAVOK-collision into a very different light inside of SKYRIM, which is absolutly FUN to play with...but that´s only working with those last game-versions...that stuff is all available on NEXUS...there´s lot of stuff in between, which I all do not know and not play with. Same is for DAR.

Interesting, can you list a few of those SE/AE mods so i can check them out?

18 hours ago, bnub345 said:

Just another victim of Bethesda's meddling with the executable for no good reason. There is still a fully functional DAR version for LE, SE, and AE 1.6.629, just not the latest AE version. Even if the author gave up on the mod, updating the dll shouldn't be too difficult. 

I see, do you figure that some other modders haven't updated the dll due to not having permission from the DAR creator then? I can't imagine such an essential mod would be left to collect dust for so long if it was that simple to update it's dll but i don't know too well so i can't tell either way. Hell at this point i'm willing to learn this stuff solely to update it lol i'm kinda desperate.

5 hours ago, Mr. Otaku said:

I can't imagine such an essential mod would be left to collect dust for so long if it was that simple to update it's dll but i don't know too well so i can't tell either way.

unlike SOS & JCon the source files for DAR's dll never got released, so no one knows how the mod worked let alone how to recreate it.

On 5/14/2021 at 1:42 PM, HentaiGnome said:

Okay, so I read that thread some more and apparently someone found a way to get it to work using Vortex, which is what I'm using. Followed the instructions and it worked! ? It's actually simpler on Vortex than MO2, but no less messy. And still time consuming if there's a lot of animation mods. So here's hoping that the guys at Nemesis will implement native Creature support. I mean it's about time we all switched over from FNIS at this point, honestly...

Been using them side-by-side off and on for a year or so, and generally speaking it works fine. The only real issues I've noticed are all related to DAR animations. There's probably a way to fix it, but I haven't taken the time to figure out how, or to look around to see if someone else has.

Call me a complete noob but one thing I noticed about nemesis is that it can be "brute forced" to work by simply running it repeatedly. It will crash several times but then at it will finish eventually(between 10-20 tries). And the result will work so there is some definitive functionality in it. However reading through the nexusmod page I got the impression that its main fault is that the author essentially has no idea what environment is he even running the damn thing as one of the "pro-tips" on how to trouble shoot is to install every single runtime, framework or java or whatever else the author may have installed on to his machine and hope that it will fix the issue. 

• 1 year later...
On 12/11/2022 at 8:25 AM, Fake438 said:

However reading through the nexusmod page I got the impression that its main fault is that the author essentially has no idea what environment is he even running the damn thing as one of the "pro-tips" on how to trouble shoot is to install every single runtime, framework or java or whatever else the author may have installed on to his machine and hope that it will fix the issue. 

Exactly! and earlier this year the mod author has now completely blocked the comments section as well as the bug's tab on his page as a means to avoid all the flack that they are getting. from both user's and their dev. team members. (who has actual common sense.) only reason it's popular is it's the only animation framework that works for now atleast. 

yes you can try and brute force it to work but. that is a  Longshot due to the fact the NE itself is the root of the issue. even if you install whatever mod or program it requires it will still refuse to work properly. as in you'll still get the constant issues in where male character wont use melee attacks, not being able to move when dodging, and if you have skysa or whatever it's name is nowadays. your character is stuck in place when they attack. 

and recently someone found out that it's the NE's generated "Animationdatasinglefile.txt" as i said NE is the root of the problem is, it keeps generating the wrong "Animationdatasinglefile.txt" file size.

often NE will generate a file size of "17xxx" which is the wrong one, the file size should be "19XX" or even higher. this is an issue the NE team and the mod author continues to ignore to this day.

and it's almost 2024 and no news or update NE is dead and will never be fixed no'r updated.

Edited by psydeffexx