[Dev thread] further development of Namira's Goat

For those of you using Namira's Goat, this mod hasn't been updated in a very long time.

This thread's main focus is to report on the progress made by all parties (including I suppose the original creators ?)

...and to announce a remake project on my part.

I'm not a native english speaker, and I'm new to modding, so I thank you in advance for sticking with my rambling.

What's been done so far (by other parties)

Spoiler

As you might be aware, Namira's goat was created by chinese modders for OldRim. 

I've been tracking their progress, and from what I could gather, the original dev (Zakuran and al.) stopped working on it, and the mod's development was given to another group of people
Thread announcing dev transfer (will require 9DM account and sufficient level to read)

Their last update was made before October 25 2020, and their progress mainly lies on adding Lore to mod items, and adding more items using the pre-existing meshes and textures.

I've tried to contact them (since they said they no longer have a scriptwriter), but so far no response.

On LL side, I'm aware that many tried to fix Namira's Goat broken meshes (seems the original had serious problems with UV) AND broken scripts.

I'm also aware its meshes had been recycled by many mod authors and further developed in different mods.

There are also attempts to implement Male content, but so far no concrete result.

My main goal is to make Namira's Goat a more feature-complete mod, fix the left-over bugs...

...and attempt to flesh out some of the half-completed idea left inside the esp by 'multiple generations' of modders :)

What I'm currently doing (and what's done)

Spoiler

- Knife

In original NsG, 3 knifes were supposed to 'work magic' on enemy. sadly, 2 knives had broken script (not working at all), and the working one had weird coding so the 'magic' is quite... unstable. Now it's fixed.

Also, I removed some game-breaking feature (decapitation, to be precise) in favor of game stability.

I really tried to implement decapitation, I swear. But the most stable decap method I found will cause CTD when I use it twice or thrice. Maybe I'm missing something, but if I could get CTD then I assume at least 1 user out of 3 would get CTD as well (unless they play vanilla Skyrim without 200+ mods) so... nope :( 

- Body Mesh

Original body mesh has 2 problem.

One is broken UV. I'm not into modeling, so fixing UV is not a priority. I will return to this later (and probably asking permission for integrating existing UV fixes)

Second is body scale. Original body mesh were made back when BodySlide probably wasn't a 'industry standard' like it is today. As a result, the body mesh (I suppose they were based on CBBE) were resized and heavily tweaked in shape. If you equip their body mesh together with clothes, you'll notice how they do not conform at all.

I remade one of the 3 body mesh with BHUNP (plump), fixing both problems at once.

But it really wears on my mind, so not gonna remake the other 2 meshes. I will leave the option open in game : (can be toggled at will) whether to use the new model, or use the old   models which I will try my best to implement some fix once I'm done with the rest

new body type will need to be built in BodySlide, and will respond to wearer's BHUNP morph (so if you run something like Interesting Bodies BHUNP....

(bug 1 : has a very small seam between body and hand mesh, will try to fix it)

(bug 2 : I put breast bone on the ribcages so the latter jiggles like crazy. will fix this)

(bug 3 : since new body can be morphed, the ribcages can seriously get messed up under extreme slide value. I CANT FIX THIS !)

(bug 4 : some spiky polygons are really noticeable, will fix it)

And as a sidenote, I just became aware of this awesome mod, will look in to it and hopefully get author's permission.

Preview (WARNING GORY CONTENT)

Spoiler

hand_seam.png.98f8a990abc581c6a9b0014b7d4d29e3.png

Hand seam

no-strip.png.4f9c25c66205d7ed1dd016343bd06dd3.png

Testing no-strip

- MCM

Mostly done.

- Progression and Quest

Instead of having the mod started with buying items from a merchant, I made it to be integrated with Taste of Death, everything will begin once some poor priest is dead.

Or skip it via MCM.

The merchant will also cause CTD for some people (probably due to head mesh missing) so this part is removed.

No serious questing, just some light script to track player progression.

As for Progression system (currently implementing) I'll save the detail for the official release. Not gonna implement anything major tho. Basic functions for progression is done, now stuck at 'math and balancing' stage (due to the HELP REQUIRED stated below :( 

- Reverse-engineer the 'Lore' added by the current chinese modder team

What Im currently doing. Not hard, it just takes time to read through the item descriptions and references.

- Mod integrations

No more 'RND dependency'. 

I dont like making direct dependencies, so I will make all mod integrations indirect and optional.

Right now it is compatible with iNeed (injecting food list, no need classify them by hand)

Some light integration with Better Vampires w/ Sacrosanct integration

Once the progression system is completed I'm planning to do integration w/ Wintersun

- make the 'body models' no-strip in SexLab

currently in the works, have 2 idea in mind as to how implement this feature.

will make my mind once I take a look at how SL stores no-strip equipment data. prob in 2 week.

I'm aware there is a demand for male content, more specifically to apply the 'NsG knife magic' on male 'wieners'.

But I hate modeling, and I do not have the fetish to fuel me for this extra mile. So for that, I will need specific resources provided (detail in spoiler)

Spoiler

- A working model of the body part you want removed.

- A body model without said removed part.

- and possible uses for said bodypart. If you want make wiener sandwich, I'll need the mesh and textures.

If anyone could provide these, I'm happy to implement it.

And here is the bad news and help request.

Sadly, I'm a lone modder. I'm learning CK stuff and Papyrus. I somehow managed to get through BS and OS and even mess around with Blender.

BUT I CANT LEARN HOW TO COOK LIKE A CHEF.

I only have experience in cooking instant noodles... so basically I need idea for 'food recipe based on body parts'. Original NsG recipes are heavily focused on genitalia but I'm open to all suggestions.

.....if anyone has idea and lore for recipes (based on NsG's existing racial body parts) please HELP ME IM SO LOST

Dont worry about food models, worst case I'll just take free-to-use food picture and make 'cardboard' food :( 

Anyway.

From how I progressed so far, a presentable version of the remake would be completed in one month or two (It mostly depends on how long I will be stuck at the recipe part)

As for what I plan to add to NsG in the future...

Spoiler

- (Campfire integration)

there is a cooking spit model in NsG, but the model had bugs as well.

I plan on remake the spit and, instead of summoning the spit out of thin air, make it placeable via campfire's custom furniture feature.

I'll package this into a separate esp with direct dependency to Campfire, hopefully I could make it esl too

And also add some NsG recipe to campfire (since campfire crafting has unique keyword)

- add argonian and khajit into the mix.

Original NsG doesnt have them, and in order to add it I'll have to play around meshes and textures, which I dont have much experience. 
   But it's on the list.

- make Markarth's hall of the dead a player base (once some poor priest is dead)

- (in the far, far future) learn how to make NPC follower.

And also, if anyone played with NsG and found bugs I did not mention, please notify me so I could learn and try to fix it too !

Edited by lk74
remove the help needed part from the title

I think broadly there are two basic types of recipes.

Soups
Steaks.

There are of course plenty of variations and varieties of soups and steaks.

Males and females have more meat in common than they do differently.  Not a doctor but in real life, im thinking you could take lungs from a male donor and put them in a female recipient.

One of the things I was toying around with (dont remember how far i got) but  basically..

Each race has 5 basic recipes:
A soup recipe
A steak recipe
A bread recipe.
A special female part recipe
A special male part recipe

Then, there are two-three more recipes that require chopped meat from all races...  
There are 10 races in skyrim?  This means there are now 50 recipes, + a few more...

Admittedly even 50 seems a bit much giving how overloaded spell/crafting/inventory menus already are when you run even a few basic mods.. that list spirals out of control even more if you start making different types of stew, or different levels...   "basic stew, super healthy stew, never go hungry again stew"  basically, kills the game with too much stuff and begins looking too much like a modern cookbook, and less like a "skyrim fantasy cook book"

So the work around in my offline notes was  there are basic recipes that pretty much - anyone has access too.
A soup, steak, bread recipe for each race.  (30 total) + a soup recipe using contributions from all races (1 total) = 31 total recipes.
Then, lock it behind some progression mechanic, or optional mechanic (like buying a recipe from a vendor)  but recipess with sex specific body parts..
A recipe with female body parts for each race 
A recipe with male body parts for each race

on to recipes though- regardless of how many recipes..

First step i think - imagine skyrim humanoid meat as deer meat in the real world.

now, what are some basic recipes or things to do with deer meat?

take a look here: https://honest-food.net/wild-game/venison-recipes/  (especially under section "recipes by cut of meat")  (notice, i don't think any of those recipes require a male or female deer)

deer tenderloin (regular steak essentially)
deer sandwich (bread + meat)
deer soup:  (meat + water + veggies)..  veggies in skyrim == leeks, cabbage, potatoes, etc..
deer wobbly bits ( heart, liver, etc..  here is where you might introduce genitalia, and "gender" requirements)
The bread for the deer sandwich- made from bones and wheat?  /shrug

Maybe the bones, are not race specific?

So - orcs and elves both just drop "bone", not "elf bone/ orc bone"

13 hours ago, Sillius_Maximus said:

First step i think - imagine skyrim humanoid meat as deer meat in the real world.

now, what are some basic recipes or things to do with deer meat?

take a look here: https://honest-food.net/wild-game/venison-recipes/  (especially under section "recipes by cut of meat")  (notice, i don't think any of those recipes require a male or female deer)

I really cant thank you enough now that you have opened my eyes this could solve all my problems (beef goat duck chicken traditional chinese recipe has it all you name it

and i just forgot NsG did not include khajit or argonian recipe. gotta add that to TODO list too.

and also for the 'crafting menu'

I try to uniform all recipe names, so even if the menu got cluttered one could recognize what recipe are from NsG, and also that using SKYUI filter bar would quickly sort out all stuff

on top of name uniformization AND progression unlock,

(I dont know yet who would need this feature but) I could implement a MCM toggle to hide specific crafting recipes even if player 'unlocked' them.

well once a more fleshed-out recipe tree has been made I'll post the detail, and if anyone asks I could implement such feature quite easily.

A small progress update:

- NoStrip keyword implemented.

I tried to add these item to Sexlab's internal no-strip formlist, but SL did not recognize the changes I made (despite my form did exist in SL list)

Fortunately SL will scan for 'NoStrip' string in keyword so I made a custom keyword and SL did recognize it. 

One may ask, why not use SL nostrip keyword directly. then you got me.

dunno why I did that. cuz no one playing NsG is not gonna use Sexlab. 

- Reverse engineering of the Chinese team's progress

I have a clear idea of what they did and altered. Mostly simple stuff (a script for randomizing specific loot) that I implemented in different ways.
Though, translating all the lore text will be quite time consuming, I'll add placeholders and save translation for the last.

And, some of the lore text are quite weird... not sure if a non-chinese audience would get that vibe. 

And, the lore text has many inconsistencies in style, as if written by 2 people having different minds on mod direction... so I'll need to sort that out too.

probably could keep the 'full translation' as a future project and offer a simplified translation text in the incoming release.

Next week I probably wont have any concrete progress, real life schedules... sigh

a little progress report.

- integrated chinese dev's description systems into the new esp. just need to translate everything tho....

this week AND next week is gonna focus on finding out is there any problem with item meshes, and if there are (i highly suspect the UV is broken again) then find out how to fix it.

looks like only some specific models have broken uv, the rest... only look dark because of the texture. trying something...

---

been messing with meshes the whole day.

managed to remap the texture and have a working version in-game. 

(warning, graphic content)

Spoiler

left is remapped texture w/ bhunp asset

right is original texture.

455625043_QQ20210507230419.png.5b3ecdb02cb24b28dfdc7ef53fe74b05.png

original nipple model is really rough, with the knowledge I gather today, probably could make it more detailed using bhunp asset.

or I could replace the whole model. original breast is quite low-poly .....

as for my reason behind making all this despite existing textures.... simple. original texture color is way too dark for all races.

once I make a good mesh for one race I could easily replace skin color or even skin texture sets, since I remapped this on a full femalebody.dds.

I see today's progress quite promising, so next one or two weeks this'll be what I work on.

---

FLIPPED NORMALS

so i made a model w/ bhunp asset and made it work in-game, physics and lighting etc. took me 5 hours to find out about FACE NORMALS, damn....

Spoiler

left is new model, right is old model. notice the obvious poly count ?

also, right-side model you might think it's from a redguard, but nope this is the color for imperial model, wow.....

1042878018_QQ20210508235126.png.2a288ebd4c8e71a661edd8d747cdab08.png

tried to alter collision box but no success. seems i have to use pre-determined types (with preset box sizes) and cannot alter at will...

tmr is going to spent on texturework. gotta find a way to add blood decals in texture but without touching skin texture...

ok this prob wont work. gotta drop that.

instead, make one .psd file with base skin + all race skin color filter + blood decals, then export different files for texturesets.

so tmr gotta be spent on mixing colors.... and if that goes well, on to adding blood decals.

And I just got news from Pickle_Juice that I have his permission to use his amazing work ! yes !

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I too was a fan of this mods original work, and now that there is a port to SSE I wanted to see if I could be of some use since there are already some active participants.  I have never made a mod before, but I am an engineer by trade so I think I can be of some assistance especially in the scripting department.  From the initial tutorials I have seen, I think have a basic grasp and obviously would still need to learn the Papyrus environment before I can produce anything complex.  Let me know what I can do.

In my local, one thing I noticed and did was adjust the values of the new stews that were added did not seem to have any ingrededient requirements and were worth 8k for some of them which is quite game breaking since you essentially have unlimited high values to sell, also, if we are making this lore friendly, as Namira is looked down upon as 'gross', I don't think cannibal food items would be worth much to the uninitiated.

I also wanted to start reverse engineering how the decap scripts work and are triggered.  That might help in learning. Cheers.

On 5/19/2021 at 10:16 AM, blakbro2k said:

I also wanted to start reverse engineering how the decap scripts work and are triggered.  That might help in learning. Cheers.

thanks for your reply !

(sry I had been away doing other stuffs for the past few weeks (mostly Monster Hunter and Pathfinder and Anime...

If you are willing to contribute, I'm all for it.

The existing scripts, for the most parts, I have trimmed them down. I abandoned all scripts related to 'decap' due to stability issue. If you want, perhaps find a better and more stable way to do it ? 

If you have other ideas of 'functions that you want to implement', please go ahead, so long as implementing those functions do not require heavy esp-editing (so you could write the script on your end and I plug them on my current build)...

...meddling with CK is a lot of busywork, and I have never used Git (one day I'll have to that's for sure), depending on what you want to do, maybe Git will soon end up on my to-do list.

for the soup items, I havent touch the values yet, and indeed 8k a bit problematic. what are the range of value you deem acceptable ? 0 to 8 gold ?

(decap related)

Spoiler

I didn't look up hard enough for the reasons game would break

basically what I did was implement the same codes from this amazing work 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/22850

but then even this one is not stable : first decap in an area works fine, second one game breaks. no idea why.

perhaps without all the mods it would be stable, but for anyone installing body mods and face mods... guess they'd be in my boat.

I'll probably not have any progress in scripting department soon, fixing textures is now priority one.

So if you are interested, there are other functions on my list you could poke around ?

Spoiler

- make all mod-related items limb part illegal, that is, if player get caught by the guards, all those parts would be confiscated.

- make the limb parts register in Sexlab Survival so that Toll guards would recognize them ? (low priority

- make some plugins for Werewolf related mods, when player consume parts they would gain progress in Werewolf skills and progress (really low priority, as I do not play Werewolf at all....

On 5/21/2021 at 4:47 AM, lk74 said:

thanks for your reply !

(sry I had been away doing other stuffs for the past few weeks (mostly Monster Hunter and Pathfinder and Anime...

If you are willing to contribute, I'm all for it.

The existing scripts, for the most parts, I have trimmed them down. I abandoned all scripts related to 'decap' due to stability issue. If you want, perhaps find a better and more stable way to do it ? 

If you have other ideas of 'functions that you want to implement', please go ahead, so long as implementing those functions do not require heavy esp-editing (so you could write the script on your end and I plug them on my current build)...

...meddling with CK is a lot of busywork, and I have never used Git (one day I'll have to that's for sure), depending on what you want to do, maybe Git will soon end up on my to-do list.

for the soup items, I havent touch the values yet, and indeed 8k a bit problematic. what are the range of value you deem acceptable ? 0 to 8 gold ?

No problem, So as I have never modded before, it makes sens that I start out small and expand.

For the Namira stews that I saw added I did the following:

- Made the value of all of them 2 - 3.

- I added ingredients to them

-- Each now require garlic, potato, salt, and a tenderlion and thightmeat of the respective stew race.

Right now the stews are craftable in any cookpot

I can next start on the following

- make the ingredients of people stolen. (found an idea on how to do it)

I had an idea that I wanted to throw out.  Instead of having three knives, what if there was another spell called maybe 'Namira's Harvest' and that spell depending on the weight of the victim calls the Body cut slim, normal, fat.

That spell could be attached to one of the knives, or all three.  and make the knives have different properties, like the big one grants bonus to one handed strikes, the smaller one grants bonus to sneak, or something.

On 5/26/2021 at 9:36 AM, blakbro2k said:

No problem, So as I have never modded before, it makes sens that I start out small and expand.

For the Namira stews that I saw added I did the following:

- Made the value of all of them 2 - 3.

- I added ingredients to them

-- Each now require garlic, potato, salt, and a tenderlion and thightmeat of the respective stew race.

Right now the stews are craftable in any cookpot

I can next start on the following

- make the ingredients of people stolen. (found an idea on how to do it)

I had an idea that I wanted to throw out.  Instead of having three knives, what if there was another spell called maybe 'Namira's Harvest' and that spell depending on the weight of the victim calls the Body cut slim, normal, fat.

That spell could be attached to one of the knives, or all three.  and make the knives have different properties, like the big one grants bonus to one handed strikes, the smaller one grants bonus to sneak, or something.

yet- in the real world - consider illegal drugs- crack for example.

Its expensive - and illegal.
To possess it does not make one guilty of theft.

The reason for the high price (in my mind) was because:

1) being illegal, it is very dangerous to collect.
2) given the danger involved in collecting, the price..
3) there is not a huge market for it, and the limited market there is- is "taboo, in the shadows"

On 5/29/2021 at 4:50 PM, Sillius_Maximus said:

The reason for the high price (in my mind) was because:

1) being illegal, it is very dangerous to collect.
2) given the danger involved in collecting, the price..
3) there is not a huge market for it, and the limited market there is- is "taboo, in the shadows"

To your point #3, the lack of a market would drive the price down as most vedors wouldn't want to sell it.  In you're example, Skooma is Skyrim's crack.

In this case with illegal ingredients to make human meals, the desidens of Skyrim look down on cannibalism as well so I doubt they would want them either.

What would make sense but I don't know if it could be done yet would be raise the sell value for vendors who belong to a cannibal faction as they would want your illegal product.

- Lastly, I did figure out how to make the human parts illegal.

8 hours ago, blakbro2k said:

To your point #3, the lack of a market would drive the price down as most vedors wouldn't want to sell it.  In you're example, Skooma is Skyrim's crack.

In this case with illegal ingredients to make human meals, the desidens of Skyrim look down on cannibalism as well so I doubt they would want them either.

What would make sense but I don't know if it could be done yet would be raise the sell value for vendors who belong to a cannibal faction as they would want your illegal product.

- Lastly, I did figure out how to make the human parts illegal.

well, its a small but dedicated market.

not that hyper-realism has to be present in everything but:

Consider what you would need to smuggle a  intact heart -  vs what you would need to smuggle the same weight worth of baby powder?
Consider the price of blackmarket body parts (for realsie), 
Consider the price of a gram of illicit drugs, multiply that times enough grams to == a heart..

but sure...

I mean- maybe grinding up a leg to make it look like regular hamburger meat would make it easier/ cheaper to so..  I would just submit that there are plenty valid reasons for skyrim human meat to cost so much. as well.  and again hyper realism not required, etc etc etc..

• 1 month later...

just a heads up that im still alive.... sorry, new games out, and ive been busy grinding pso2ngs...

anyway, now the works will resume in the following days... gotta rebuild my game first, since last time i port everything to 3ba trying to fix hdt bones...

---

In response to Sillius' reasoning about pricing issues... from his perspective, it does make sense.

Though, as a skyrim player, there are unlimited amount of supply (outside town, of course)

Desecrating a corpse might be taboo, but generating corpses certainly isnt. And the enemy count is near endless.

Inside city though that's another story. Guess anyone using SL Survival knows the pain of smuggling in-out of town, there the prices certainly could get quite high...

---

For now, ill try to find a way to make limb parts match skin color.

the clutter objects will never match, that's for sure, and no matter what color I pick, they will look ugly, so I'll choose colors that are softer on the eyes.

In the meantime, ill keep the og models.

Once most stuff is sorted out i'll take a look at how skeleton's death animation and bones work, that might give me a hint or two.

Edited by lk74
On 5/26/2021 at 10:36 AM, blakbro2k said:

This is a good idea, but there is one problem, that "how does the 'weight' slider reflects an npc's actual size/shape".

... and with player-made character, or npc replacers, this could get messy.

and also I see this no longer a concern, as I figured out how to make the cuts conform to target's (bhunp) bodyslide values. to make more would only costs time, but its doable.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2021 at 7:57 PM, lk74 said:

In response to Sillius' reasoning about pricing issues... from his perspective, it does make sense.

Though, as a skyrim player, there are unlimited amount of supply (outside town, of course)

Desecrating a corpse might be taboo, but generating corpses certainly isnt. And the enemy count is near endless.

Inside city though that's another story. Guess anyone using SL Survival knows the pain of smuggling in-out of town, there the prices certainly could get quite high...

That is assuming the nobles of the city does not want it in the city.

I must say I liked the plot in Meat Farm where the elves have human cattle in their land, and how some nobles in Skyrim liked it and had allowed a "cultural exchange" test farm.

So it might be acceptable in some places.

Falkreath: With a Jarl this decadent, it probably would be acceptable here. Could even see him start use it as a capital punishment for tasty looking people.

Whiterun: They seemed acceptable at the end of slaverun, if I remember correct.

Solitude: A lot of mods describe the noble of Soletude as extremely decadent, and if one use idea from Meat Farm combined with the elven embassy, it probably would be at least somewhat acceptable here as well.

I know I'm late to the party here, but though I'm not a Modder, I am a specialist Cook (I cook for people with serious food limitations), which means I have to be super creative and imaginative in the Kitchen, so I have quite a creative perspective when it comes to unique dishes, if I can help at all with ideas on dish types, I would love to, so just let me know if you would be interested in any ideas I can come up with :) ...I use Namira's Goat myself in my Game, I love that Mod :)

Here is a list of some medieval dishes.......http://medievalcookery.com/recipes/

Just remember- its possible to get too carried away with too many recipes that you miss out on the core features of a mod.    It is entirely possible and rather easy to make an addon mod that is nothing but recipes,  but its harder to strip down an over bloated crafting menu where every race has 15 different recipes

Also, Not every person in Skyrim would have access to a full kitchen and be able to make some exotic dish <insert some medieval dish that likely only the rich and famous ever really had access too> or whatever.. but "Every" person could throw chopped meat, onions, and leeks in a pot of water.

I mean consider "real life" for a minute.    

a CEO - billionaire, etc.  They probably hire a full time chef. Why? because they are so busy they dont have time to cook, much less cook fine foods - so they hire someone to do it.

A transportation worker (Truck driver) - they dont hire a full time chef, because they dont have that kind of money. They also dont have a lot of time, and are constantly on the move. (or one the move 2-3 weeks straight and then get 3-4 days off).  Since they dont have full kitchens in their trucks (most dont) what do they "cook" when they do cook on the road?

A customer service worker - they dont have the money to hire a full time chef, but unlike the transportation worker they likely do have access to atleast a usually more stable cooking area- you know, a stove, an oven, a microwave. and unlike the CEO, they dont have the money to support a whole lot of fancy dishes that take 3 hours to make.. *after i get done with an 8-9hr shift, im sure as hell not gonna spend 3 more hours cooking a meal every day*

Yet, im sure there is a menu and menu options that all three probably have in common.   The menu options they have in common- is what in my opinion the base mod should support.

THe addon recipe mod - can support more recipes.

Edited by Sillius_Maximus
  • lk74 changed the title to [Dev thread] further development of Namira's Goat

A small status update.

(Not because it's so hard to do modding, but because it's so hard not to get distracted by games anime manga etc...)

I've been trying to get body parts attached to an actor for the last few days... 

Began looking into Maximum Carnage, didnt worked out. Then tried poking into Deadly Mutilation, realize this didnt work with XPMSSE. Then I tried modifying skeleton, but the toolset, knowledge and experience required are out of my capacity.

But I might have stumbled onto a solution...

( messy graphical content, warning )

Spoiler

Untitled.png.a33a8170109b4c6361da60dcaf35f340.png

It looks awful, but I know exactly why it looks so awful, so it can be fixed (just need to erase some bone-weight from the two models). 

For starters, this means I could use a 'Skeleton' as a base and fit body parts onto it.

Of course, these bodyparts wont be able to be 'picked up' by the player, but I hope they could achieve a better asthetic.

Next I'll try modifying skin tone with... probably NiOverride.

If I couldnt, then the whole plan is buried again (I might come back to it later)

If I could, then next step would be attempting to copy bodyslide setting with... probably NiOverride once again ? but the script load might gets out of control.

Will update this part as soon as I get results.

------------------------

Update:

after 10 hours of research, i almost made my mind about burying this whole stuff...... until i stumble upon PO3's papyrus extender.

Now Im capable of making exact color copies from the victim. no longer need 10 copies of the same mesh.

Next step will be to attempt making bodyslide out of it .... or do i ?

come to think of it...is it really necessary ? these bodyparts are considered un-interactable clutter, and there is no way player could carry them around... 

guess not really necessary... so long as the color conforms ?

(a preview of the color copy, warning, messy graphics, and some ideas...)

Spoiler

we have an orc, an imperial, a breton, a redguard, and a modded creature.

so long as they have a skin tone color, it will be copied.

the darker body pieces are from og NG, see how the color doesnt match at all?

still, I will keep the og pieces, since those can be carried around (potions with limb as model)

whereas the pieces I'm working on cannot be carried (clutter)

Though, from an asthetic pov, I really dislike the fact player could drop those og pieces everywhere they want....

maybe i'll add an option to disable them.

1124097009_QQ20210729013324.png.22c6293f82dbe01db790ceac07b264b0.png

Now I could close my eyes in piece, knowing that I could go forward with this.

Next step would be... hmmm... rethinking what body models I could use to build. I wasnt really satisfied with the first bodymodel I made, and now I have access to the amazing Gore Body for UUNP...

Sleep first.

-----

another small update.

PO3 has a beheading function, and it works perfectly.

but now i found a bug regarding the previous body mesh i've built.... researching.

that bug was related to shadows and was hard to notice in dark areas, so i didn't notice it back then.

problem solved. got a few unweighted verticles, a trip back into OS fixed the problem.

but then I found more problem... basically i fucked up texture mapping when i create new nodes in Blender...
well, now that I know there are problems....

Edited by lk74
adding new updates
22 hours ago, DrinkYourBlood said:

Is it possible that there will be some mini quests in the modification? How about adding whole body cooking capability, or even voluntary cooking? (well, or not entirely voluntarily, but under the influence of the dragon shouts "Bend Will"

I think I may have an idea how to implement this.

"voluntary" is doable.

making furniture is not that doable, but I'm also interested in DM3 so anyway this is on to-do list.

only problem, from what I can see now, is that I cannot kill the victim, to hold the victim in place inside grill furniture it must remain alive. Killing would mean dropping the actor and let havok do its job...

But this is not what I'm working on right now, and probably wont be for a quite long time...

In the meantime, I think this thread might offer something you'll be interested in

Cant remember where exactly, but in this post someone shared a "cooking-themed" slave tats pack

1 hour ago, lk74 said:

Думаю, у меня есть идея, как это реализовать.

«добровольно» выполнимо.

изготовление мебели не так уж и возможно, но меня также интересует DM3, так что в любом случае это в списке дел.

Единственная проблема, насколько я могу судить сейчас, состоит в том, что я не могу убить жертву, чтобы удерживать жертву на месте внутри гриль-мебели, она должна оставаться живой. Убить означало бы бросить актера и позволить хавоку делать свое дело ...

Но это не то, над чем я сейчас работаю, и, вероятно, не надолго ...

А пока я думаю, что эта ветка может предложить то, что вас заинтересует

Не могу вспомнить, где именно, но в этом посте кто-то поделился пакетом рабских тату на "кулинарную" тему.

If I understand correctly, then the problem is that after the death of the character, his body will be thrown out of the object on which the NPCs were fried? In mods from Pamatronic, dead bodies are not thrown out of the gallows, guillelotins. Maybe his method of solving the problem is suitable for your modification?

P.S Thanks for the link to the discussion . I wish you success in development. Good luck!

6 hours ago, DrinkYourBlood said:

If I understand correctly, then the problem is that after the death of the character, his body will be thrown out of the object on which the NPCs were fried? In mods from Pamatronic, dead bodies are not thrown out of the gallows, guillelotins. Maybe his method of solving the problem is suitable for your modification?

P.S Thanks for the link to the discussion . I wish you success in development. Good luck!

the problem is, once actor is dead, game physics will take over the body, so you'll see body collapsing and ragdoll.

I could bind a living actor in one place, ignoring all physics. but once said actor is dead, the body will collide with everything in touch and it will get messy.

Yes I totally forgot Pamatronic's deadly furnitures.

Indeed his gallows are permanent if i remember correctly.

but the guillotines are not, it's simply havok not messing up a lot of things thanks to body positioning. the garotte are not permanent either, they'll drop the body after game load and let havok do its job.

gallows are, I guess, easier since there isn't that much physics involved. but if I want something like restraining npc's body on a platform or simply on a line it will probably be a living hell... I could froze NPC corpse in place to avoid havok, but having physics is the goal isn't it ? no ? come to think of it maybe it's indeed a no....hmmmmm...

anyway, food for thought. in the mean-time hope you enjoy what's available on the forum !

Edited by lk74

Ravenous has a cooking scene both for an NPC and player using the zaz spit roast.

A bit messy at death though, when body fall of the spit and pieces of meat falls everywhere.

Could it be possible to replace the character death with a freeze of lowering health to just 1 health, and then add a layer for cooking effect?

I assume Pamatronic's deadly furnitures do something like that, since my character got up after a beheading before falling to the floor again with a defeat idle.

Edited by xtro334
On 8/3/2021 at 11:42 PM, xtro334 said:

Ravenous has a cooking scene both for an NPC and player using the zaz spit roast.

A bit messy at death though, when body fall of the spit and pieces of meat falls everywhere.

Could it be possible to replace the character death with a freeze of lowering health to just 1 health, and then add a layer for cooking effect?

I assume Pamatronic's deadly furnitures do something like that, since my character got up after a beheading before falling to the floor again with a defeat idle.

from what I remember, the bound-cooking pose was part of ZAZ pack. I just went back into ZAZ and unfortunately, actor can go into the spit, but not use the spit as a cooking station... would be helpful (in the future) to look at how Ravenous was able to move the spit with the actor on it... probably just playing animation command....

I just ran Ravenous out of curiosity, the body disappear completely when the cooking animation is completed. I suppose the mod remove the corpse and add a stack of meat in the pot nearby... nice idea.

locking character at 1 hp to avoid death, that is a neat idea ! 

Spoiler

after cooking animation is completed, simply add a 'cooked' tattoo on the character and leave it on the spit, waiting for player to interact with the spit.

when player interact, remove the actor and then add pieces.... hmmmmm

food for thought...

Edited by lk74