[Dev thread] further development of Namira's Goat

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2022 at 8:04 AM, lk74 said:

Its not an update. 

I just ran into some stuff that I think anyone that followed this thread might be interested in.

https://arca.live/b/tullius/49075445

A gory clutter replacer, in the same vein of Namira's Decoration.

Replace cooking spit model, archery target model, and hagraven/forsworn related decoration model.

few things to keep in mind:

- author messed up some of the hair texture path, you'll need to fix it manually.

- it used 3BA asset with default body texture path, so BHUNP user will need to manually edit the textures.

Hi everyone, is this link still  working or safe, please ? So sad the mod is abandonned though :( 

Edited by Hazraogh6

Ok, thank you anyway IK74, for all the work you did for the mod. :) I don't have any scripting skills, otherwise i'd work on it, but I love this mod :)

I have an issue though, could you help me with that, please ? When I  roam randomly in game, I have a big freeze, I'm forced to kill the process. It happens all the time with the mod active (even with your cleaned version) do you have another ESP or updated scripts for Namiras Goat that could work on AE, ?

Or do you have an idea about why those freezes would happen, so I can try to fix it myself ? ^^

3 hours ago, Hazraogh6 said:

Or do you have an idea about why those freezes would happen, so I can try to fix it myself ? ^^

Sorry, Im not playing AE so I have no idea what could go wrong. Which 2 versions of NSG did you try ? but I guess you cant trace back their source now...

Make sure you have Papyrus Extender for AE, run SSEEDIT on the esp check for errors, delete NPC records in the esp. If it still freezes, then... ?god help you I guess.

1 hour ago, lk74 said:

Sorry, Im not playing AE so I have no idea what could go wrong. Which 2 versions of NSG did you try ? but I guess you cant trace back their source now...

Make sure you have Papyrus Extender for AE, run SSEEDIT on the esp check for errors, delete NPC records in the esp. If it still freezes, then... ?god help you I guess.

Thank you for the lead, I'm gonna try ! :D

8 hours ago, lk74 said:

I checked for error in SSEdit and I found that, how can I fiwx that please ?I'm not really used to use that ::/

- name: 'Namira'sGoat.esp'
    clean:
      - crc: 0x63685194
        util: 'SSEEdit v4.0.4'
[00:00] Quick Clean mode finished.
[00:03] Background Loader: finished
[00:00] Start: Checking for Errors
[00:00] Checking for Errors in [02] Namira'sGoat.esp
[00:00] aaTestbodycutSlim "BodyCut Slim" [MGEF:0200FCD0]
[00:00]     MGEF \ VMAD - Virtual Machine Adapter \ Scripts \ Script \ Properties \ Property \ Value \ Object Union \ Object v2 \ FormID -> [02017EB4] < Error: Could not be resolved >
[00:00] aaTestbodycutNormal "BodyCut Normal" [MGEF:0200FD05]
[00:00]     MGEF \ VMAD - Virtual Machine Adapter \ Scripts \ Script \ Properties \ Property \ Value \ Object Union \ Object v2 \ FormID -> [02017EB4] < Error: Could not be resolved >
[00:00] aaTestbodycutFat "BodyCut Fat" [MGEF:0200FD06]
[00:00] Done: Checking for Errors, Processed Records: 278, Errors found: 3, Elapsed Time: 00:00

19 hours ago, GGsimida2077 said:

Is this project still going on? I saw the latest reset version for 2022 on 9dm, maybe you can refer to it.

【新提醒】提示信息 - 9damao 9dm玖大猫游戏mod论坛 - Powered by Discuz! (9damaogame.net)

nope, this project is dead.

16 hours ago, Hazraogh6 said:

I checked for error in SSEdit and I found that, how can I fiwx that please ?I'm not really used to use that ::/

that was the original script
what was missing there is a placeholder spell that does nothing, its use was to tell the mod this actor is already used and should not be cut again

but this implementation has its own bugs, and I suggest you dont try to fix it. maybe just wait for the previous mentionned chinese website to update.

if you really want to fix this, make a copy of any (harmless or blank) spell in the game, and put that spell in place of this missing record.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/5/2021 at 1:57 AM, lk74 said:

just a heads up that im still alive.... sorry, new games out, and ive been busy grinding pso2ngs...

anyway, now the works will resume in the following days... gotta rebuild my game first, since last time i port everything to 3ba trying to fix hdt bones...

---

In response to Sillius' reasoning about pricing issues... from his perspective, it does make sense.

Though, as a skyrim player, there are unlimited amount of supply (outside town, of course)

Desecrating a corpse might be taboo, but generating corpses certainly isnt. And the enemy count is near endless.

Inside city though that's another story. Guess anyone using SL Survival knows the pain of smuggling in-out of town, there the prices certainly could get quite high...

---

For now, ill try to find a way to make limb parts match skin color.

the clutter objects will never match, that's for sure, and no matter what color I pick, they will look ugly, so I'll choose colors that are softer on the eyes.

In the meantime, ill keep the og models.

Once most stuff is sorted out i'll take a look at how skeleton's death animation and bones work, that might give me a hint or two.

• 4 months later...
On 5/7/2021 at 4:37 PM, lk74 said:

a little progress report.

- integrated chinese dev's description systems into the new esp. just need to translate everything tho....

this week AND next week is gonna focus on finding out is there any problem with item meshes, and if there are (i highly suspect the UV is broken again) then find out how to fix it.

looks like only some specific models have broken uv, the rest... only look dark because of the texture. trying something...

---

been messing with meshes the whole day.

managed to remap the texture and have a working version in-game. 

(warning, graphic content)

Reveal hidden contents

left is remapped texture w/ bhunp asset

right is original texture.

455625043_QQ20210507230419.png.5b3ecdb02cb24b28dfdc7ef53fe74b05.png

original nipple model is really rough, with the knowledge I gather today, probably could make it more detailed using bhunp asset.

or I could replace the whole model. original breast is quite low-poly .....

as for my reason behind making all this despite existing textures.... simple. original texture color is way too dark for all races.

once I make a good mesh for one race I could easily replace skin color or even skin texture sets, since I remapped this on a full femalebody.dds.

I see today's progress quite promising, so next one or two weeks this'll be what I work on.

---

FLIPPED NORMALS

so i made a model w/ bhunp asset and made it work in-game, physics and lighting etc. took me 5 hours to find out about FACE NORMALS, damn....

Reveal hidden contents

left is new model, right is old model. notice the obvious poly count ?

also, right-side model you might think it's from a redguard, but nope this is the color for imperial model, wow.....

1042878018_QQ20210508235126.png.2a288ebd4c8e71a661edd8d747cdab08.png

tried to alter collision box but no success. seems i have to use pre-determined types (with preset box sizes) and cannot alter at will...

tmr is going to spent on texturework. gotta find a way to add blood decals in texture but without touching skin texture...

ok this prob wont work. gotta drop that.

instead, make one .psd file with base skin + all race skin color filter + blood decals, then export different files for texturesets.

so tmr gotta be spent on mixing colors.... and if that goes well, on to adding blood decals.

And I just got news from Pickle_Juice that I have his permission to use his amazing work ! yes !

did you ever post the download for these anywhere?  it looks great...

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...