Are you ready to collaborate to create a BDSM mod?

5 hours ago, REB85 said:

I have fixed the bugs with the bones you mentioned. Does it look like it should now?

Do you mean you attached fixed mounts instead of straps? Or what mistakes? The shackles on the arms and legs themselves must be made clothes. They should be part of the body, not furniture. You also need to experiment with bones in the future. I wonder what happens if you attach cbp bones to the arms, manually paint the mesh weights and set physics to them in ocbp.ini. How exactly they will behave. ) How to do the same as with the physics of the boobs but with the belts. Maybe they will drag on without animation? I do not know. We need to experiment with all sorts of pendants, earrings and all that to start.

2 hours ago, South8028 said:

Do you mean you attached fixed mounts instead of straps? Or what mistakes? The shackles on the arms and legs themselves must be made clothes. They should be part of the body, not furniture. You also need to experiment with bones in the future. I wonder what happens if you attach cbp bones to the arms, manually paint the mesh weights and set physics to them in ocbp.ini. How exactly they will behave. ) How to do the same as with the physics of the boobs but with the belts. Maybe they will drag on without animation? I do not know. We need to experiment with all sorts of pendants, earrings and all that to start.

I mean a mistake when there were 4 skeletons. Now he is 1. And the pillows on the bed (if desired) can also move a little, but the backs of the bed slightly bend. And the same bones have a logical name.

If you do it like clothes, it will require pre-put clothes, but not as in the case of "torture of the device", simply build and assign NPS.

Can this be a separate NPS animation and a separate furniture animation?

9 hours ago, REB85 said:

I mean a mistake when there were 4 skeletons. Now he is 1. And the pillows on the bed (if desired) can also move a little, but the backs of the bed slightly bend. And the same bones have a logical name.

If you do it like clothes, it will require pre-put clothes, but not as in the case of "torture of the device", simply build and assign NPS.

Can this be a separate NPS animation and a separate furniture animation?

I don't understand why these bones are needed in furniture. ) I don't know what to do with them.yes, probably it can be a separate animation of furniture and a separate person. Take a look at the package "bad end", there are animations with furniture, you need to see how everything is implemented there and do about the same. But complex things, such as synchronous animation of the movement of the belts of the mechanism and the hands of a person, are most likely physically impossible. Even the best animations for aaf have done don't have the precision you need. ) We must look for simpler ways.

15 hours ago, South8028 said:

I don't understand why these bones are needed in furniture. ) I don't know what to do with them.yes, probably it can be a separate animation of furniture and a separate person. Take a look at the package "bad end", there are animations with furniture, you need to see how everything is implemented there and do about the same. But complex things, such as synchronous animation of the movement of the belts of the mechanism and the hands of a person, are most likely physically impossible. Even the best animations for aaf have done don't have the precision you need. ) We must look for simpler ways.

You did not understand. I cannot do anything in the game. I can't "look and do the same". I can only model, so I am looking for those who can do the rest. If we talk about "easy ways", then the question is: why are they needed? When we work for a customer, we are interested in doing it as simply and quickly as possible, since motivation is profit. But when we create something, not for the sake of profit, but for the sake of aesthetic pleasure, self-realization and other things, the main motivator is quality, not simplicity and speed. Or am I wrong?

1 hour ago, REB85 said:

You did not understand. I cannot do anything in the game. I can't "look and do the same". I can only model, so I am looking for those who can do the rest. If we talk about "easy ways", then the question is: why are they needed? When we work for a customer, we are interested in doing it as simply and quickly as possible, since motivation is profit. But when we create something, not for the sake of profit, but for the sake of aesthetic pleasure, self-realization and other things, the main motivator is quality, not simplicity and speed. Or am I wrong?

the main thing is to do something instead of nothing. ) If you knew how to animate, that would make sense, because you could answer 5w1h's questions about what is possible to do in fo4 and what is not. But you don't know how, and there is not even a beginner animator. ) Accordingly, it is necessary to look for such solutions that while it does not exist (if it appears at all) can be implemented on our own. Synchronous animation of complex movements in a hawk, which is not very good for a professional, besides, ultra-precise animation between a person and a piece of furniture, which no one did at all, clearly does not apply to what we are able to do even after a year of work. )

anyway, i will learn to animate objects in fo4. But the animation of the actors is not interesting to me. I have long had a desire to drag and drop animated manipulators, assembly lines and all that into the game. fo4 for me is mainly a construction workshop, like minecraft without pixels. ) Therefore, here our interests coincide.

4 hours ago, South8028 said:

the main thing is to do something instead of nothing. ) If you knew how to animate, that would make sense, because you could answer 5w1h's questions about what is possible to do in fo4 and what is not. But you don't know how, and there is not even a beginner animator. ) Accordingly, it is necessary to look for such solutions that while it does not exist (if it appears at all) can be implemented on our own. Synchronous animation of complex movements in a hawk, which is not very good for a professional, besides, ultra-precise animation between a person and a piece of furniture, which no one did at all, clearly does not apply to what we are able to do even after a year of work. )

anyway, i will learn to animate objects in fo4. But the animation of the actors is not interesting to me. I have long had a desire to drag and drop animated manipulators, assembly lines and all that into the game. fo4 for me is mainly a construction workshop, like minecraft without pixels. ) Therefore, here our interests coincide.

If we talk about a construction workshop, then I think our interests coincide here, since I'm interested not only in fashion for adults. How do I understand your native language Russian? In my profile on the nexus, you can see one model for the generator in the form of a "motor car" SZA. You might be interested in this. There are also several ideas (which I can implement in the form of models) that make everyday life more logical. But I think it's worth discussing in private messages.

11 hours ago, REB85 said:

If we talk about a construction workshop, then I think our interests coincide here, since I'm interested not only in fashion for adults. How do I understand your native language Russian? In my profile on the nexus, you can see one model for the generator in the form of a "motor car" SZA. You might be interested in this. There are also several ideas (which I can implement in the form of models) that make everyday life more logical. But I think it's worth discussing in private messages.

you can hardly help me, I can model also. I'm not a fan of realism or retrofuturism, but of Masamune Shirow concepts. Interior Design Ghost in the Shell Innocence is my favorite and I try to make building pieces, furniture and stuff in a similar design. In general, like everyone who is trying to do something on ce, I have one goal, just to learn how to work with game resources and be able to do what I want to do for my game for the sake of, as you said for aesthetic pleasure. Helping you, I may be able to master the export of animation, or make new bones, or pick up some other new ideas. I don't need anything else.

On 4/18/2021 at 6:21 AM, VonHelton said:

If I could get Blender & Niftools to work together, I could start animating. I'll install Blender, install Niftools, go into Blender and..........Nothing. Can't import 3DMax files. If someone would kindly tell me which version of Blender & which version of Niftools work together, I'd be appreciative!

:bawling:

I don't know anything about animating, but I don't think this is going to work for you. There was a recent thread about animating in FO4 and one of the things that is needed is a certain release of Havoc tools to translate the files in and out. And that the file set is only available in 3dsMax 2012 (Not even a current version)

I don't recall the thread, but you'd probably want to poke around in AAF threads. I'm not an AAF user so I can't help more than that.

On 5/2/2021 at 5:44 PM, Vader666 said:

So you want to have these objects buildable ingame + animations so AAF could do its thing to the actor inside the furniture correct ?

Yes

1 hour ago, poblivion said:

Something new ?  Some progress ?

a tutorial in pdf format will be a progress, or otherwise on setting up and exporting animated objects from 3ds max, because the tutorial videos are useful only for native English speakers. If anyone has seen the normal tutorials, post links. I export furniture with animation from 3d max 2013 to animated nif. Everything works fine in nifscop, but in the game the furniture is static. And there is no one to find out what I am doing wrong. ) The people who made the animated furniture probably did it secretly from everyone and put the stamp "top secret" on all information. (

On 5/6/2021 at 5:00 PM, South8028 said:

I export furniture with animation from 3d max 2013 to animated nif. Everything works fine in nifscop, but in the game the furniture is static.

If i remember correctly you need to add a behaviorgraph setup to the nif if you use skeleton animation in the nif.

Overall the game is quite picky when it comes to in .nif animations, i spend quite some time figuring out the needed export settings and flags.

Im currently re-setting up and see what i can come up with.

31 minutes ago, Vader666 said:

If i remember correctly you need to add a behaviorgraph setup to the nif if you use skeleton animation in the nif.

Overall the game is quite picky when it comes to in .nif animations, i spend quite some time figuring out the needed export settings and flags.

Im currently re-setting up and see what i can come up with.

no, I'm not talking about animation with bones. I need a simple animation of objects with helpers. I animate furniture in the same way as animated doors. I link the mesh to the dummy, specify it as an actor in the animation manager, set the parameters as a loop, and export it. In the game, the meshes are dead, the objects are static, the animation does not play even if I try to add an object like a door or an activator. I do not know why.At the same time, the animations of opening and closing doors are reproduced without problems, but not animations that differ in any way from doors, such as rotations or cyclic actions.

33 minutes ago, South8028 said:

the animations of opening and closing doors are reproduced without problems, but not animations that differ in any way from doors, such as rotations or cyclic actions.

I think doors are handled a bit different than others.

I remember trying out the "How to make animated doors" routine, which has given me no result on my stuff.

Honestly, i was never able to get somthing working right out of the exporter, it was always export the nif to get the animation data, then build the whole setup in nifscope...

which is why im looking forward to take a dive into skeletal anims with a havok setup.

In addition to that, i've never used dummys to do the .nif animation, i always used the object directly.

Linkages in .nif animations proved to be very bitchy to me.

But... its been 4 years since i did FO4 stuff so getting back into it might take some time.

4 hours ago, Vader666 said:

I think doors are handled a bit different than others.

I remember trying out the "How to make animated doors" routine, which has given me no result on my stuff.

Honestly, i was never able to get somthing working right out of the exporter, it was always export the nif to get the animation data, then build the whole setup in nifscope...

which is why im looking forward to take a dive into skeletal anims with a havok setup.

In addition to that, i've never used dummys to do the .nif animation, i always used the object directly.

Linkages in .nif animations proved to be very bitchy to me.

But... its been 4 years since i did FO4 stuff so getting back into it might take some time.

not one engine directly works. (because for the engine, the dummy is the same bone. Either a bone or a dummy is what the engine can grab the mesh for) In fo4 (judging by theory), everything is exactly the same as in ue4, except that the plugin is used to configure and export the animation. I think that if something does not work out, it just means that the person does not know how to do it correctly. So far, absolutely everything I did on the tutorials for the official Bethesda plugins in 3ds max 2013 worked like a clock. But there are no tutorials for creating animations. There is only for doors. Well ... The doors work, but no one knows how to properly assemble animations.

On 4/28/2021 at 9:13 AM, REB85 said:

I have fixed the bugs with the bones you mentioned. Does it look like it should now?

Speaking of beds, I made a bunk bed in Max, and when I exported the nif, I could see right through the top bunk as if it was transparent. Obviously, I did something wrong on export. Can someone tell me the parameters again? I've been out of the loop for a few years.

:cry:

On 4/18/2021 at 11:21 AM, VonHelton said:

If I could get Blender & Niftools to work together, I could start animating. I'll install Blender, install Niftools, go into Blender and..........Nothing. Can't import 3DMax files. If someone would kindly tell me which version of Blender & which version of Niftools work together, I'd be appreciative!

As it happens, I have a Blender script to extract pose information and generate HKX XML files. Feed them to HKXPack and, in theory you get working animations. Granted, in practice, I just get t-pose idles out of it, but for a couple of days work that's not too bad.

So blender animations may not be as far off as people think :)

On 5/11/2021 at 8:53 AM, DocClox said:

As it happens, I have a Blender script to extract pose information and generate HKX XML files. Feed them to HKXPack and, in theory you get working animations. Granted, in practice, I just get t-pose idles out of it, but for a couple of days work that's not too bad.

So blender animations may not be as far off as people think :)

.......and once again, you rescue the community! BRAVO!

:thumbsup:

On 5/11/2021 at 7:04 AM, South8028 said:

Either a bone or a dummy is what the engine can grab the mesh for

You don't need a bone if your changing the position or orientation of the whole mesh.

Which means if you split your mesh into 2 shapes in the same .nif the animation data in the same .nif moves the desired shape relative to the scene root.

In UE4 you can achieve the same thing by putting 2 static meshes in a blueprint and move one of the statics by code.

On 5/11/2021 at 2:53 PM, DocClox said:

Granted, in practice, I just get t-pose idles out of it, but for a couple of days work that's not too bad.

Do you have a HCT exported XML of the same animation ?

I'd guess that would be pretty handy to find the culprit.

10 minutes ago, Vader666 said:

Do you have a HCT exported XML of the same animation ?

I'd guess that would be pretty handy to find the culprit.

I do. Further I pruned the HCT bone list down to root and COM, and hacked my exporter script to ignore all but those bones. So for a two frame export, that gives me four sets of three tuples for Havok, and the same again for my exporter.

Nevertheless, it is still managing to pummel my brain somewhat.

I have a dev thread detailing what I've tried and what I've learned, if you're interested.