Request: Face Contortion! Your Being Raped!

Demonwise

So here is a thought. Right now I still switch back and forth between Oblivion and Skyrim quite a lot. Even though there aren't many modders still working on Oblivion anymore it still has one thing that, I think, make many of its sex based mods fantastic. FACE CONTORTION! In most instances in Oblivion whenever my player was having sex it was because she had been knocked down and raped by some foul beast or man. Now what made it some much more satisfying and realistic was that your character's face was contorted in a grimace of pain during sex and it would change based on the different stages of the sex. This is one of the greatest features that, again in my opinion  set Obivion's sex mods apart from those of Fallout New Vegas or Skyrim. Now I realize that someone may already of dreamed up this little nugget of greatness and is already working on making it a reality but if not... I HEREBY HUMBLY AND FORMALLY REQUEST FACE CONTORTION DURING SEX... YOUR BEING RAPED FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!!

I know in oblivion it was a simple matter of adding some text keys to the .kf animations. Something even a beginner modder could do with blender or sometimes just nifskope. It may be just that simple in Skyrim. I'm not sure though; I haven't modded up my Skyrim yet. Need to finish more Vanilla content first. :P

Could you post a few screenshots to show us what this contorted face looked like in Oblivion? I've never played it. I think in Sanguine's Debauchery, your facial expressions alternate between several vanilla expressions during sex, but I'm not sure if that's the kind of thing you wanted.

So here is a thought. Right now I still switch back and forth between Oblivion and Skyrim quite a lot. Even though there aren't many modders still working on Oblivion anymore it still has one thing that, I think, make many of its sex based mods fantastic. FACE CONTORTION! In most instances in Oblivion whenever my player was having sex it was because she had been knocked down and raped by some foul beast or man. Now what made it some much more satisfying and realistic was that your character's face was contorted in a grimace of pain during sex and it would change based on the different stages of the sex. This is one of the greatest features that, again in my opinion  set Obivion's sex mods apart from those of Fallout New Vegas or Skyrim. Now I realize that someone may already of dreamed up this little nugget of greatness and is already working on making it a reality but if not... I HEREBY HUMBLY AND FORMALLY REQUEST FACE CONTORTION DURING SEX... YOUR BEING RAPED FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!!

Afaik the Sexis plugin does that partially already.

At least my characters face looks rather "raped" when getting defeated unlike with the normal sexings, which is actually just a weird duckface.

Other than text keys, if you learn how to edit .tri files, you can make custom expressions and text keys rather than rely on the default ones that come with the game. That is going to be much more work though because it is basically 3D sculpting. I know how to do the latter but not the former. Not yet. There are tutorials out there for both oblivion and Skyrim though and someone actually just made a tool for Skyrim which might make it easier.

But it should be done at some point because the default happy/sad/angry expressions Skyrim are not expressive enough IMO and I think many people agree. And then there is of course the bug lordofthedead mentioned which needs to be overcome before anyone can do anything.

• 1 month later...

As I know the 1.9 patch has broken the facial expressions, but for testing I have installed AP and I think these facialexpressions are bound in the animation.

-> I could not imagine that a girl, which is being raped and brutally fucked in her ass would have a slightly smile on her face.

Hopefully there is a solution ... a soon as possible

Hmm rather odd. I'm using the latest version of Skyrim, and my facial expressions work just fine.

If you want to check it, use Estrus on yourself or anyone else. The facial expressions definitely work for that mod, to the point of my girl looking like she is going to start crying afterwards.

mfg expressions is the only thing that functions semi correctly (the effects of it are not a great pre-1.9)

mfg phoneme (phonetics used for lipsyncing, also broken in 1.9 IIRC) and modifier (direction of eyes, position of eyebrows, etc.) do not work.

Noob question, if there are some expressions that work (at least I saw a few very subtle expressions that work) were changed to something more drastic, wouldn't that suffice ? I don't know what is the implementation difference between the ones that work versus the others.

Request: Face Contortion! Your Being Raped!

My being was raped?

YES YOU ARE! TRY TO BE MORE ANIMATED ABOUT IT!!!  :D

You missed it.

'Your', in your context, means that whatever it is is owned by me. According to the statement, the thing that I own is a "Being". Excellent, so I have a Being of some sort. and then Raped. Like a newspaper headline, the word "was" was left out . . . for example... 

"2 killed in car crash. Drivers not drunk." is fine for a headline, but on the tv news they'd say "2 people killed in a car crash. Drivers were not drunk."

So therefore, I ask the question. . .

My being was raped?

Or... wait... did you mean "you're" as in "you are"? Is that what you meant?

Or... wait... did you mean "you're" as in "you are"? Is that what you meant?

Heh, yes I meant you're being raped! ;)  Now that we have clarified what exactly is happening to use we can be properly surprise, agast, apalled, horrified,  horror-stricken, etc. BE MORE ANIMATED ABOUT IT!!!  :D

Yes. I love how Beth fucked our facial animations in 1.9 .. Cool they FINALLY fixed a bunch of bugs themselves, but the facial animations/lip sync bugs the hell out of me.

Other than "rape face," I'd love to see MORE/better facial expressions in general.

... Damn I miss my character blinking : (

So the bad news is that yeah, facial expressions and lip sync are broken in Skyrim1.9, The folks doing the UOP have said they are unable to fix it, it is in the engine and that we have to wait for bethsoft. Unfortunately Bethsoft will not be creating any more patches despite their desire to continue to squeeze every last dime out of Skyrim that they can. What this means is that the only hope is that some Mod god can create a standalone facial animation system or we are stuck with blank, expressionless faces.

I for one held off upgrading to 1.9 for just this reason, however I expect I will have to soon relent as updates for mods I use as well as new mods all seem to need 1.9. What this will most likely end up meaning for me is finishing out my current playthrough and either go back to TES4 to explore the 40,000 mods I haven't yet played or just drop the genre altogether and get back to FPS.

Frankly I think Bethsoft has pushed me over the edge, breaking their own game as a final act. I don't think they will see my money again as this is a pattern of theirs stretching back more than a decade now. And they wonder why they can't win the war on piracy.

Archived