19 hours ago, markdf said:

Are you trying to spam the struggle keys? Because the struggle system was designed so that spamming the keys wont work.

Uh... The current system encourages you to spam A and D with a rhythm. Did you go back to the Dance Dance Revolution method for struggling? Because it doesn't prompt you at all for inputs.

Am I missing something?

Previously, you could alternate A and D rapidly to struggle out. You would make very little progress per button press even at high amounts set in the MCM. Now, using the same method, you usually lose too much progress to struggle out in time, even with the same inputs. I think I missed a patchnote, there's certainly no indication ingame that I need to be doing something else.

Edited by HopefullyAnonymous
added details
27 minutes ago, HopefullyAnonymous said:

Ok figured it out - You can't mash as hard as you did before, it needs to be a slower steady rhythm. Even then, for whatever reason, it'll still repeatedly read a failed struggle input despite exactly the same delay. But struggling properly seems to have been buffed enough to compensate?

All that changed was the responsiveness of the struggle script...

43 minutes ago, mnonyhc said:

I found it easier to fill the bar just just alternating as if I was doing circles A-S-D-W-A-S...

I did try A-D spam initially but that wasn't rly filling the struggle bar.

The system isn't that complicated. 

1. A keypress isn't registered until you release the key.
  2. There is a very short delay until it will acknowledge the next keypress, just a fraction of a second.

No particular rhythm is necessary. Just don't press the keys too quickly.

58 minutes ago, markdf said:

The system isn't that complicated. 

1. A keypress isn't registered until you release the key.
  2. There is a very short delay until it will acknowledge the next keypress, just a fraction of a second.

No particular rhythm is necessary. Just don't press the keys too quickly.

I've seen a hint for struggle in the UI in ForgetfullHater's tutorial, but it doesnt appear in new versions.

Also, i've seen an "Automatic rebirth" check in the "toggles" on Devourment Menu. Does it mean i can start it manually? How?

53 minutes ago, AP_rrom said:

I've seen a hint for struggle in the UI in ForgetfullHater's tutorial, but it doesnt appear in new versions.

Also, i've seen an "Automatic rebirth" check in the "toggles" on Devourment Menu. Does it mean i can start it manually? How?

That was the old struggle system -- which I actually brought back as an option in the most recent update.

"Automatic Rebirth" is part of the skull reformation system. If prey was unbirthed, AND is eligible for skull collecting, AND "automatic rebirth" is enabled, their skull will be automatically reabsorbed and reformed. It's really just a feature for unbirth/rebirth fans.

34 minutes ago, FalloutFree said:

Yo straight up someone should fine some way to make tail vore a thing  in Skyrim and animate it into an actual vore scene like with the dragons and mammoth in the one animation pack

You can download Blender for free. Have at 'er.

I can't get enemies to use combat vore.

NPCs do vore when prompted to via dialogue or with the compel vore command.

But even with maximum likelyhood of them using it, lowest cooldown and 100% base success chance I can't get them to use it on me.

I have every listed requirement installed and even added Bug Fixes SSE from the dependencies tab in the MCM. Still nothing.

I started a completely new game to try out the mod.

I would really appreciate some help here, since I like the mod and how it uses a skilltree to make its mechanics a fun and worthwhile playstyle.

Tell me if i can provide any more information to narrow the problem down.

Edited by Hessi
15 minutes ago, Hessi said:

But even with maximum likelyhood of them using it, lowest cooldown and 100% base success chance I can't get them to use it on me.

I have every listed requirement installed and even added Bug Fixes SSE from the dependencies tab in the MCM. Still nothing.

I would really appreciate some help here, since I like the mod and how it uses a skilltree to make its mechanics a fun and worthwhile playstyle.

Does the dependencies tab show that they are all detected and working?

28 minutes ago, markdf said:

Does the dependencies tab show that they are all detected and working?

That is harder for me to answer than for most other mods.

Most mods show a number on the right (some with more numbers in brackets). I have no idea what these actually mean. Bug fixes and CustomSkillFramework show as "Found"

Only "Scrambled Bugs" shows as missing. From what I read in that description I think it does fix the same problem "Bug Fixes SSE" already does. Or did I misinterpret that?

22 minutes ago, Hessi said:

That is harder for me to answer than for most other mods.

Most mods show a number on the right (some with more numbers in brackets). I have no idea what these actually mean. Bug fixes and CustomSkillFramework show as "Found"

Only "Scrambled Bugs" shows as missing. From what I read in that description I think it does fix the same problem "Bug Fixes SSE" already does. Or did I misinterpret that?

Scrambled Bug is optional. The numbers are version numbers, which means they are present.

Hello, I have the mod installed and it seems to be functioning well, I haven't tested everything yet, but so far so good. When I look at the "dependencies" Tab however, it says that skills framework is missing (it's installed, loads before DR) and another one I can't remember is also installed above DR but is listed as missing. It's working but it says they are not there. The skills menu wont appear I have to use the alt version. Any thoughts I checked that all dependencies were the latest version

10 minutes ago, southpawrc said:

Hello, I have the mod installed and it seems to be functioning well, I haven't tested everything yet, but so far so good. When I look at the "dependencies" Tab however, it says that skills framework is missing (it's installed, loads before DR) and another one I can't remember is also installed above DR but is listed as missing. It's working but it says they are not there. The skills menu wont appear I have to use the alt version. Any thoughts I checked that all dependencies were the latest version

Best guess, NetscriptFramework (which CSF requires) isn't installed correctly.

45 minutes ago, sean017 said:

My devourment refractor isn't working, all it does is display nom nom nom when I ask an NPC to swallow me. Any way to fix that?

I would suggest you start by installing all the dependencies and making sure that they are working correctly.

First off, thanks markdf for the great updates, some great QOL features coming out!

Second: 

5 hours ago, Hessi said:

I think this is actually a bug in the PsuedoAI code.

Line 174 has an AssertNotNone on the prey, which I believe is inverted. It's a quick and easy fix if that's right (as long as that doesn't break anything else...)

Finally: 

I have an odd bug of my own. I've noticed that creatures (and NPC's I think) are unable to vore more than once per combat. 

What I mean is, once a single target has been nommed, no others are targeted, and combat is just like normal Skyrim.

This also happens when there are more than one pred in combat: they dont' seem to eat more than one target between all of them.

To debug, I spawned two (super buffed) wolves on the poor imperials near riverwood, and found that they actually never switch targets away from the first prey.

Here's the logs:

[10/10/2021 - 06:54:35PM] DevourmentPseudoAI.OnEffectStart(wolf 0xFF0013A7, [None, None, None, None, None, None, None, None, None])
[10/10/2021 - 06:54:35PM] DevourmentPseudoAI.OnEffectStart(wolf 0xFF0013F9, [None, None, None, None, None, None, None, None, None])
[10/10/2021 - 06:54:36PM] DevourmentPseudoAI.OnActorAction(wolf)
[10/10/2021 - 06:54:36PM] DevourmentPseudoAI.OnActorAction(wolf)
[10/10/2021 - 06:54:36PM] DevourmentPseudoAI.isWeakened(Imperial Soldier 0xFF0013AF, Lower level than predator)
[10/10/2021 - 06:54:36PM] DevourmentPseudoAI.isWeakened(Imperial Soldier 0xFF0013AF, Lower level than predator)
[10/10/2021 - 06:54:37PM] DevourmentPseudoAI.OnAnimationEvent(wolf, COOLDOWN)
[10/10/2021 - 06:54:37PM] DevourmentPseudoAI.DoANom_Combat(Too far, Imperial Soldier 0xFF0013AF, 536.275940, 373.335510)
[10/10/2021 - 06:54:37PM] DevourmentPseudoAI.DoANom_Combat(wolf, Imperial Soldier, Nomming)
[10/10/2021 - 06:54:38PM] DevourmentPseudoAI.OnActorAction(wolf, COOLDOWN, 0, Imperial Soldier 0xFF0013AF, Imperial Sword 0x135B8, 1)
[10/10/2021 - 06:54:38PM] DevourmentPseudoAI.OnActorAction(wolf, COOLDOWN, 0, Imperial Soldier 0xFF0013AF, Imperial Sword 0x135B8, 1)
[10/10/2021 - 06:54:38PM] DevourmentPseudoAI.OnActorAction(wolf, COOLDOWN, 0, Imperial Soldier 0xFF0013AC, Imperial Sword 0x135B8, 1)
[10/10/2021 - 06:54:38PM] DevourmentPseudoAI.OnActorAction(wolf, COOLDOWN, 0, Imperial Soldier 0xFF0013AC, Imperial Sword 0x135B8, 1)
[10/10/2021 - 06:54:38PM] DevourmentPseudoAI.OnUpdate(wolf, WAIT A BIT)
[10/10/2021 - 06:54:38PM] DevourmentPseudoAI.OnUpdate(wolf, WAIT A BIT)
[10/10/2021 - 06:54:39PM] devourmentmanager.Running:OnBeginState(Prey added. Starting main loop.)
[10/10/2021 - 06:54:40PM] DevourmentPseudoAI.OnUpdate(wolf)
[10/10/2021 - 06:54:40PM] DevourmentPseudoAI.isWeakened(Imperial Soldier 0xFF0013AF, Health is below 50%)
[10/10/2021 - 06:54:40PM] DevourmentPseudoAI.OnActorAction(wolf)
[10/10/2021 - 06:54:40PM] DevourmentPseudoAI.DoANom_Combat(Too far, Imperial Soldier 0xFF0013AF, 340282346638528859811704183484516925440.000000, 373.335510)
[10/10/2021 - 06:54:40PM] DevourmentPseudoAI.OnActorAction(wolf, COOLDOWN, 0, wolf 0xFF0013A7, None, 1)
[10/10/2021 - 06:54:40PM] DevourmentPseudoAI.isWeakened(Imperial Soldier 0xFF0013AF, Health is below 50%)
[10/10/2021 - 06:54:40PM] DevourmentPseudoAI.OnActorAction(wolf, COOLDOWN, 0, Imperial Soldier 0xFF00139E, Imperial Sword 0x135B8, 1)
[10/10/2021 - 06:54:40PM] DevourmentPseudoAI.OnActorAction(wolf, COOLDOWN, 0, Imperial Soldier 0xFF00139E, Imperial Sword 0x135B8, 1)
[10/10/2021 - 06:54:40PM] DevourmentPseudoAI.DoANom_Combat(Too far, Imperial Soldier 0xFF0013AF, 340282346638528859811704183484516925440.000000, 373.335510)
[10/10/2021 - 06:54:41PM] DevourmentPseudoAI.OnAnimationEvent(wolf, COOLDOWN)

So they're just targeting the same person (0xFF0013AF) even though he's already been eaten and is now a stupid distance away (is that meant to happen?)

Sadly that's as far as I've got - no idea how the target switching works, and where it's broken. I'll go and test it on a fresh install just in case it's my mod stack (though I'm running fairly light).

Any idea?

Just a followup:

Tested with a fresh minimal install (after applying the AssertNotNone fix) to test. Same effect of preds never switching targets.

On further inspection, I never find any OnCombatStateChanged Events in my Logs, and that is the only Event which changes the currentTarget.

Looking at the old scripts, they used to identify the target in each Update/AnimationUpdate using pred.GetCombatTarget()

I mean - it makes sense to change that to minimise target checks, but... I think that the OnCombatStateChanged is never triggering (makes sense if they're in combat with multiple targets), so currentTarget never actually switches to a new target until the pred goes in and out of combat. 

8 hours ago, markdf said:

I would suggest you start by installing all the dependencies and making sure that they are working correctly.

its working now but the belly meshes isnt working as in it doesnt expand after the vore scene

Edited by sean017
6 minutes ago, SilverWolfington said:

i've updated my version from 07-05 version to the newest one, 10-09, but now i theres a few problems, namely i cant see devourment in the mcm menu, i cant vore anyone, and all the bars showing me my prey and their health appears, what can i do to fix this?

update, i've reverted back to 07-05, it SEEMS to work as devourment is back on the mcm menu, but now i cant seem to interact with half the menus, cant tick on or off anything, and still cant vore