3 hours ago, someoneww1 said:

can the selection for creatures and NPC types that can be predator be put in the MCM, like a list with checkbox? It's rather hard to configure currently, say I don't want dwarven constructs to go around devouring things.

No.

What I CAN do is:

• Add an exception for automatons and ghosts to the keyword file. That really should have been there all along.
  • Add a keyword called DevourmentBlockVorish that can be added to anything to prevent it from getting the predator power, to make it easier to patch races and individual NPCs to not use vore.

So...no help on the issues I'm having with the locuses? That's quite disappointing. ?

Got some good news, however:

I've attached the NIF and slider files/folders for cockvore. Never done this before, so I have no idea how to get this packaged up and working in-game.

If anyone's willing to at least tell me how to do that, and/or see if it works, I'd appreciate it a whole lot. This is, of course, a WIP, since I haven't a clue how good this'll look in-game, mesh-wise, but I think it's at least a pretty good start.

Equippable CBBE CV Cock.zip

5 minutes ago, vincentoroscoe said:

So...no help on the issues I'm having with the locuses? That's quite disappointing. ?

Got some good news, however:

I've attached the NIF and slider files/folders for cockvore. Never done this before, so I have no idea how to get this packaged up and working in-game.

If anyone's willing to at least tell me how to do that, and/or see if it works, I'd appreciate it a whole lot. This is, of course, a WIP, since I haven't a clue how good this'll look in-game, mesh-wise, but I think it's at least a pretty good start.

Equippable CBBE CV Cock.zip 945.62 kB · 1 download

Remind me, what exactly isn't working for you? My memory and attention span are highly impaired a lot of the time, and I've been away from my dev PC for a while.

1 hour ago, markdf said:

Remind me, what exactly isn't working for you? My memory and attention span are highly impaired a lot of the time, and I've been away from my dev PC for a while.

I was having trouble with the 5/4 version, as the breast and butt locuses aren't working at all for me. For whatever reason, they only target the belly/balls locus, which really is putting a damper on the update.

As for the cockvore sliders and stuff, exactly what I said; I have the sliders built and named properly, as far as I can tell, but I don't know what needs to be done to package them, or any other cock/ball NIF file/sliders I do this to (which would be to the both of SOS' ones and the SAM one too). 

This is what I used to made the additional sliders, too, if that helps.

I've never made a slider set before, so I don't know how to get what I made to, y'know, get used in-game.

1 hour ago, vincentoroscoe said:

As for the cockvore sliders and stuff, exactly what I said; I have the sliders built and named properly, as far as I can tell, but I don't know what needs to be done to package them, or any other cock/ball NIF file/sliders I do this to (which would be to the both of SOS' ones and the SAM one too). 

This is what I used to made the additional sliders, too, if that helps.

Look man, I'm going to be blunt.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but a few comments:

• Your area of interest is unfortunately not something that is super widely requested right now. We've got our hands full with the core functionality of the mod, this is low down on our priority list, sorry, but that is the fact of it.
  • I realize that it may not be intentional, but the way your write frequently comes across as rude and demanding. This is a voluntary project for all of us, we're not going to respond well to that sort of thing, so it pushes you even further down as a result.

To throw you a small bone:

You did package that correctly to have it load into bodyslide. But. It looks like you've baked some of the sliders at non-zero values (your dick shape with everything at 0 doesn't match the ERF shape) this might be okay if you do so intentionally, and if you're doing it for personal use only. But if you want to share it with others, that could be a problem since it will prevent people from using the included sliders the way they want.

In terms of general functionality, it looks fine for a first pass, but as I noted, the mesh is just too low poly for the bumps to be smooth, again, that might be fine for you, but I guarantee it will get complained about if you want to share it. Additionally, there are some dirty morphs; areas are moving with the morph that don't look like intentional edits. I'd recommend using the wireframe view ( "w" on your keyboard) to show the mesh connections, makes it easier to spot what all is moving.

As to getting it to work in game, building the outfit with morphs checked is all that the game needs, but to make it do anything with devourment, the scripts need to be created/edited to target those slider names. That is where we come to the issue of priorities; unless you want to make those edits yourself, it comes down to when we can get around to writing those systems into the mod, and I've already made my comments about that.

In short, you're on the right track, but you're stabbing yourself in the back a bit with your communication.

2 hours ago, vincentoroscoe said:

I was having trouble with the 5/4 version, as the breast and butt locuses aren't working at all for me. For whatever reason, they only target the belly/balls locus, which really is putting a damper on the update.

I'm not sure about the breasts, but as of a few updates ago the Butt locus was changed to inflate the stomach (where the prey ends up) and the 'Elimination Locus' was added which causes a digested person inflate the butt and the belly shrinks. I disliked the change a lot as well, but at the end of the day it's a vore mod, and people can't store stuff in their butt cheeks (unfortunately).

1 hour ago, Macross. said:

Look man, I'm going to be blunt.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but a few comments:

• Your area of interest is unfortunately not something that is super widely requested right now. We've got our hands full with the core functionality of the mod, this is low down on our priority list, sorry, but that is the fact of it.
  • I realize that it may not be intentional, but the way your write frequently comes across as rude and demanding. This is a voluntary project for all of us, we're not going to respond well to that sort of thing, so it pushes you even further down as a result.

To throw you a small bone:

You did package that correctly to have it load into bodyslide. But. It looks like you've baked some of the sliders at non-zero values (your dick shape with everything at 0 doesn't match the ERF shape) this might be okay if you do so intentionally, and if you're doing it for personal use only. But if you want to share it with others, that could be a problem since it will prevent people from using the included sliders the way they want.

In terms of general functionality, it looks fine for a first pass, but as I noted, the mesh is just too low poly for the bumps to be smooth, again, that might be fine for you, but I guarantee it will get complained about if you want to share it. Additionally, there are some dirty morphs; areas are moving with the morph that don't look like intentional edits. I'd recommend using the wireframe view ( "w" on your keyboard) to show the mesh connections, makes it easier to spot what all is moving.

As to getting it to work in game, building the outfit with morphs checked is all that the game needs, but to make it do anything with devourment, the scripts need to be created/edited to target those slider names. That is where we come to the issue of priorities; unless you want to make those edits yourself, it comes down to when we can get around to writing those systems into the mod, and I've already made my comments about that.

In short, you're on the right track, but you're stabbing yourself in the back a bit with your communication.

Yeah, you're right, I think. I'm just frustrated with the issues I've been having with both the update and making this, uh...additional content. My apologies for that. Thank you for giving it a look, too! If possible, giving feedback or answers to the stuff below would make fixing some of the problems with the morph so far.

---I'm not sure why it saved my personal settings as the, er...normal ones. That's rather odd. How would I change that, if that's even possible at this point?

---What areas don't look like intentional edits? I think I found and fixed a few, but any pointed out would be helpful.

---I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do about this being low-poly, either, or if the standard SOS shlongs are better. This is only a first try, with what is, from what I've seen, the best equippable SOS mod here. I plan on doing something similar to the two built-in SOS ones, as well as the SAM one. If they are all similar, poly-wise, that's not something I'm capable of fixing.

---This is one of the things that's a bit frustrating: I've been told this both does, and does not, require script integration. So long as the sliders are named properly, Mark stated it would work. I can handle either one, so long as I know, for sure, which it is. I would be willing to try editing the scripts too, but my skill with script making/editing is only one step above my 3D model making.

---Lastly, in case I didn't mention this yet: I'm not a 3D modeler.  Never have been, never will be. The best I can do in that regard is editing what already exists. I'll do my best to round out the bulges a bit, but that's the extent of my skill here.

If the meshes themselves are too low poly for the bumps to be smooth with this sort of thing, then that's just how they're going to be. At least until someone who IS a 3D modeler decides to put one out.

1 hour ago, vincentoroscoe said:

Yeah, you're right, I think. I'm just frustrated with the issues I've been having with both the update and making this, uh...additional content. My apologies for that. Thank you for giving it a look, too! If possible, giving feedback or answers to the stuff below would make fixing some of the problems with the morph so far.

---I'm not sure why it saved my personal settings as the, er...normal ones. That's rather odd. How would I change that, if that's even possible at this point?

---What areas don't look like intentional edits? I think I found and fixed a few, but any pointed out would be helpful.

---I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do about this being low-poly, either, or if the standard SOS shlongs are better. This is only a first try, with what is, from what I've seen, the best equippable SOS mod here. I plan on doing something similar to the two built-in SOS ones, as well as the SAM one. If they are all similar, poly-wise, that's not something I'm capable of fixing.

---This is one of the things that's a bit frustrating: I've been told this both does, and does not, require script integration. So long as the sliders are named properly, Mark stated it would work. I can handle either one, so long as I know, for sure, which it is. I would be willing to try editing the scripts too, but my skill with script making/editing is only one step above my 3D model making.

---Lastly, in case I didn't mention this yet: I'm not a 3D modeler.  Never have been, never will be. The best I can do in that regard is editing what already exists. I'll do my best to round out the bulges a bit, but that's the extent of my skill here.

If the meshes themselves are too low poly for the bumps to be smooth with this sort of thing, then that's just how they're going to be. At least until someone who IS a 3D modeler decides to put one out.

The scripting part: if your SOS plugin uses the same struggle slider names as the vore belly, then they'll work without any extra scripting. If it has dedicated sliders that are meant to animate separately from the belly, then they do require extra scripting. Does that make sense?

4 hours ago, Catastrophic said:

I'm not sure about the breasts, but as of a few updates ago the Butt locus was changed to inflate the stomach (where the prey ends up) and the 'Elimination Locus' was added which causes a digested person inflate the butt and the belly shrinks. I disliked the change a lot as well, but at the end of the day it's a vore mod, and people can't store stuff in their butt cheeks (unfortunately).

That feature can be disabled. And, time permitting, the next update will allow the option of analvore producing anal inflation.

I'm trying expand the complexity of the morphvore system in a slow, controlled way -- because the powerful generalized method used in DevourmentRefactor alpha was a nightmare to manage and maintain, and incredibly slow.

18 hours ago, someoneww1 said:

14 hours ago, markdf said:

If I might chime in on a potential low-effort tweak to the Dwarven Automaton discussion, I might have a bit of a lore-hack for this one - why not justify an automaton predator by using Soul Gem sounds instead of the standard swallow-and-digestion? Nearly every single Dwemer machine has Soul Gems in their loot, so maybe their version of 'devouring' would actually be some advanced Soul Trap that shoves the victim into the Gem physically. Alternatively, if you wanted to stick with the mod's themes of belly expansion, maybe remodel the automatons so that they have a rubber stomach-sac or some sort of capsule to hold prospective "batteries".

Just my two cents on the subject. I run Immersive Creatures in my save, and a couple of the added Automatons actually make great predators conceptually. The Dwemer Custodian and Dwemer Mechanical Dragon in particular stand out.

I'm having an issue with the vore dialog. Some of the dialog options don't seem to work. The dialog to ask if you can swallow them works. When I talk to the victim in my belly. The how are you doing gets a reply. The pleasure me inside activates a sexlab scene. But when I tell them I'm going to let them out, nothing happens. I just get a reply from them and they never pop out. Also none of the digestion options causes digestion to occur. I just get a reply and nothing happens afterwards. The minor power abilities work with no issues. I can eat, fart, barf and poop all the same. LOL

Side note. For people having issues with the skill not showing, I found that .net was blocking the dll file for custom skills. I unblocked it in it's properties and the skill tree shows now. Maybe this will help somebody who is having this issue.

3 hours ago, lafon231 said:

I'm having an issue with the vore dialog. Some of the dialog options don't seem to work. The dialog to ask if you can swallow them works. When I talk to the victim in my belly. The how are you doing gets a reply. The pleasure me inside activates a sexlab scene. But when I tell them I'm going to let them out, nothing happens. I just get a reply from them and they never pop out. Also none of the digestion options causes digestion to occur. I just get a reply and nothing happens afterwards. The minor power abilities work with no issues. I can eat, fart, barf and poop all the same. LOL

Side note. For people having issues with the skill not showing, I found that .net was blocking the dll file for custom skills. I unblocked it in it's properties and the skill tree shows now. Maybe this will help somebody who is having this issue.

My fault, I left a testing option enabled.

On 5/10/2021 at 12:27 AM, markdf said:

The scripting part: if your SOS plugin uses the same struggle slider names as the vore belly, then they'll work without any extra scripting. If it has dedicated sliders that are meant to animate separately from the belly, then they do require extra scripting. Does that make sense?

Yes, it does, thanks!

Got this right after I was going to rest 1 hour to digest a female NPC, from the papyrus log.

Spoiler

[05/11/2021 - 12:48:35PM] [[commonmeterinterfacehandler <DevourmentPlayerFullnessMeter (FE000800)>]][ERROR] Couldn't determine the current attribute value zone. (Value: 0.977193). This is bad and you should let the author know.
[05/11/2021 - 12:48:37PM] [[commonmeterinterfacehandler <DevourmentPlayerFullnessMeter (FE000800)>]][ERROR] Couldn't determine the current attribute value zone. (Value: 0.968088). This is bad and you should let the author know.
[05/11/2021 - 12:48:39PM] [[commonmeterinterfacehandler <DevourmentPlayerFullnessMeter (FE000800)>]][ERROR] Couldn't determine the current attribute value zone. (Value: 0.959724). This is bad and you should let the author know.
[05/11/2021 - 12:48:41PM] [[commonmeterinterfacehandler <DevourmentPlayerFullnessMeter (FE000800)>]][ERROR] Couldn't determine the current attribute value zone. (Value: 0.950578). This is bad and you should let the author know.
[05/11/2021 - 12:48:42PM] VM is freezing...
[05/11/2021 - 12:48:42PM] VM is frozen

45 minutes ago, seetruck-2000 said:

Got this right after I was going to rest 1 hour to digest a female NPC, from the papyrus log.

Hide contents

[05/11/2021 - 12:48:35PM] [[commonmeterinterfacehandler <DevourmentPlayerFullnessMeter (FE000800)>]][ERROR] Couldn't determine the current attribute value zone. (Value: 0.977193). This is bad and you should let the author know.
[05/11/2021 - 12:48:37PM] [[commonmeterinterfacehandler <DevourmentPlayerFullnessMeter (FE000800)>]][ERROR] Couldn't determine the current attribute value zone. (Value: 0.968088). This is bad and you should let the author know.
[05/11/2021 - 12:48:39PM] [[commonmeterinterfacehandler <DevourmentPlayerFullnessMeter (FE000800)>]][ERROR] Couldn't determine the current attribute value zone. (Value: 0.959724). This is bad and you should let the author know.
[05/11/2021 - 12:48:41PM] [[commonmeterinterfacehandler <DevourmentPlayerFullnessMeter (FE000800)>]][ERROR] Couldn't determine the current attribute value zone. (Value: 0.950578). This is bad and you should let the author know.
[05/11/2021 - 12:48:42PM] VM is freezing...
[05/11/2021 - 12:48:42PM] VM is frozen

Well THAT'S a new one. It appears to be coming from Chesko's meter code (which is what I use to make the meters work). I'll look into it.

3 hours ago, iamyourdaddy said:

i am curious, does this mod conflict with creature mods? have yet to test myself since i started a new mod list and am currently doing the bare bones stuff

Yes. If they replace creature bodies, then Devourment's creature meshes will overwrite or be overwritten by them. If they change the mesh paths (which HCOS and MNC both do) then Devourment's creature scaling won't work.

As long as you don't mind not having creature belly scaling and ensure that Devourment is near the top of your load order, your other creature mods should work fine.

29 minutes ago, DracoMan671 said:

does devourment refactor have unbirth?

Yes, and rebirth.

However:

* Unbirth doesn't have its own animation yet.

* Rebirth requires you to run Nemesis or FNIS to make the animation work.

* There is no unbirth dialogue. There might be some in one of the dialogue add-ons, but I'm not sure.

1 hour ago, markdf said:

Without a NetscriptFramework crashlog, I can't do anything for you.

So i found the problem mod (not your mod) sorry about that, just didn't do all my normal passes and checks on my list. can somebody remind me how do you find a crashlog if you use MO2? for further ease of use.