Devious Carriages -Continued-

On 4/17/2021 at 6:35 PM, lastbytescout said:

Public Whore 1.0-1.02 - lots of "can't do X on none-objects" from PW, DC stopps equipping devices, in some cases events weren't called at all.

Is it still the case with V1.0.3? In case, will it be fixed with the weekend update?

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/24/2021 at 6:20 AM, lastbytescout said:

Broken equipping is a load order problem, placing PW before DC/BFT fixes it. I'm currently testing v1.03 and all seems to work side by side.

Log spam was from a bug fixed in PW 1.03.

I placed DC/BFT in various places in my LO - on top, just below cosmetic overhauls and on the bottom. Equipping didn't work, period. Also, I don't have PW in my LO.

4 hours ago, kapibar said:

I placed DC/BFT in various places in my LO - on top, just below cosmetic overhauls and on the bottom. Equipping didn't work, period. Also, I don't have PW in my LO.

PW is one part of the problem. There also were two bugs in my equipping code, skipping devices and outfits as a whole under some circumstances.

On 4/28/2021 at 5:10 PM, rulethirtyfor said:

Is there any work towards making this special edition compatible?

Neither planned or worked on. But there were reports that the mod runs on SE as is.

Short update, the small fixes that were planed instead of a rewrite ended up in... a small rewrite. DCc is now done, has been tested for about one and a half weeks and all seems to be working again. 

Edit: New version comes tomorrow.

I actually recently put in PW into my load order and took a carriage ride that dumped me in the wilderness with devices equipped and everything.

PW is also later in my load order than devious carriages.

The caveat is that I am still using version 0.3 of this mod with the BFT patch for 0.2.5 and DD5. Everything seems to work just fine though.

New version is up on the downloadpage. The forum currently does not let me save my changes to the description page, I'll update that later.

16.05.21 (0.3.2)
- partial rewrite of scene starter
- partial rewrite of equipper functions
- fixed a bug that prevented outfits from being equipped
- fixed missing DDxLibs for outfits, cuffs and gags
- fixed some missing parts in questscripts
- fixed restraintschecker from storing NPC data instead of PC
- restored old restraintschecker as it's used by BFT patch/quest
- moved new restraintschecks to separate functions for (N)PCs
- added option to select fix outfits for PC and NPCs
- added cleanup and stopping quest when transitioning to SS+
- added a remote stop/restart for "Scent of Sex" to prevents SSX from running rules while DC is active.
- merged device probabilities for bandit and driver events
- cleaned up device selection in equipscript
- proper names for the bandit chief and his four Stooges
- removed Ghost-flag from drivers, ensures proper insemination in FertMode
- removed DD4 fallback code. Outdated and makes adding more devices harder.
- not reproducable: DC quest only runs once, must be terminated manually
- BFT Patch: small edit to retrieve none-vanilla drivers for wip fix

4 minutes ago, lastbytescout said:

The forum currently does not let me save my changes to the description page, I'll update that later.

the description (you mean the frist page of the support thread, no?) is updated automatically after some time. 

other than that:
any plans to move the location of the bandit event to another place? 

I gave up using the carriages for now because the place is as bad as possible for sex scenes. no flat spot anywhere nearby, so you always clip with the ground or hover in the air.

would be nice to have a more remote place that is not that open (like something with trees/bushes or stones around) and a suitable flat spot that is big enough to support even a group scene. 

thx alot :D

Then let's wait if it updates. It always gave me a server gateway error when clicking on save changes.

The locations are strange indeed, but for another reason as only the most stupid driver will end up close to Markarth when you paid him for a trip from Solitude to Dawnstar. I was thinking about incorporating that into the dialogue, but... well.

I'll look for some other places that make more sense for the given route and that are rather unpopulated to avoid someone crashing the party.

But first I'd like to see if the scripts are now working correctly.

On 5/20/2021 at 12:40 PM, Yukitemi said:
  Hide contents

In "too chatty" scenario I got locked with steel "shackles" but they're just bands, they don't lock hands behind. I assume that not right :)

They are correct, it's the generic cuffs from DD Assets. They don't connect, but they do work even without DDi and DDx installed.

But you're also right, they don't fit the dialogue and should not be applied if "proper" cuffs are available. Will be changed.

Edit: Added link to french translation by Cerral to first post

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Equip doesn't work for me and I really have no idea what PW is or if I have it, otherwise great mod. (Discovered that I'm guessing PW is public whore?) I do not use that mod but equip doesn't work for me.

Edited by Lenore
13 hours ago, Lenore said:

Equip doesn't work for me and I really have no idea what PW is or if I have it, otherwise great mod. (Discovered that I'm guessing PW is public whore?) I do not use that mod but equip doesn't work for me.

Do you have DD5? DD4 is not compatible.

2 hours ago, Zaflis said:
15 hours ago, Lenore said:

Do you have DD5? DD4 is not compatible.

Ohh, no i was using DDa, DDi, DDe. I've been away from Skyrim for a while and didn't even realize there was a new one. I will try that, does DD5 include all of them? I'll figure it out, thank you so much for the quick response!!

On 6/6/2021 at 7:23 AM, DisarmingSnail said:

@lastbytescout Hi there, I seemed to have encountered bug where the bandits would attack me as soon as they spawned. I managed to circumvent this by setting relationship between PlayerFaction and PBDCBanditFaction to allies.

Hi, may I ask how exactly you did that? I seem to have the same problem...

Having an Issue where everything seems to trigger, except for the actual transportation part; Get into carriage, Gold gets taken, Screen fades to black, Then fades back in, No loading screens and still in the same place, sat in the carriage.

Disabling Devious Carriages and its BFT Patch "Fixes" the issue, in that BFT now actually does the fast travel bits.

Could be something I've screwed up on my end as Im quite prone to doing that, but any help resolving this would be appreciated?

Edit: I seem to have resolved it by resolving issues I had with a different mod; Turns out I hadnt caught the part where all of the devious devices mods had been merged into devious devices 5, So I had three old and outdated mods overwrite DD5. Knew it was on my end ?

Edited by Tiritsis
Fixed the problem
  • 1 month later...

I feel like this would pair really well with Riding Styles 2. I'm thinking an event where the carriage driver tells you you cant travel with him anymore cause he needs to change destinations, the best he can do is give you a horse, but it's overworked so you're gonna have to ride it like this (insert Riding Styles 2 animation) if you want it to go anywhere.

Just a thought.

• 2 weeks later...