Devious Carriages -Continued-

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if its the AI or something, when the chief bandit is raping my character, the bandits always turn hostile, and everything goes haywire, is there any way the bandits can be non-hostile/stay neutral during rape? this is driving me nuts

41 minutes ago, clesh2311 said:

I don't know if its the AI or something, when the chief bandit is raping my character, the bandits always turn hostile, and everything goes haywire, is there any way the bandits can be non-hostile/stay neutral during rape? this is driving me nuts

Which version are you playing on? The mod is build for LE but it work more or less in SE (except the patches). The issue you mentioned is appeared in older version of the mod. Not sure why you still encounter it. But for now you should disable the rape feature in mcm.

Well I can't seem to get this to work on AE/SE anymore. A lot of LL mods dying these days and I'm getting used to letting them, but still I really hope someone continues this, no pun intended. It's just so weird. It was working great and now I can start as many new games and load orders as I want, it just ceases to function at all. I'm not even altering the drivers at all, weirdly enough. I'm seeing only the Skyrim.esm editing them in fact, which is weird. I feel like it should say Devious Carriages, but Idk.

This was always like the one and only LL mod I never had problems with. Thanks for your amazing work on this regardless.

All I know is, when using this now, my Papyrus log gets spammed with this: 
    [DialogueCarriageSystem (00017F01)].carriagesystemscript.SkipToDestinationSimple() - "carriagesystemscript.psc" Line 117
    [DialogueCarriageSystem (00017F01)].carriagesystemscript.PlayerIsSitting() - "carriagesystemscript.psc" Line 100
    [alias CurrentSeat on quest DialogueCarriageSystem (00017F01)].PlayerRiderScript.OnActivate() - "PlayerRiderScript.psc" Line 9
[06/19/2022 - 11:48:49AM] Error: Cannot call SetStage() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [DialogueCarriageSystem (00017F01)].carriagesystemscript.SkipToDestinationSimple() - "carriagesystemscript.psc" Line 118
    [DialogueCarriageSystem (00017F01)].carriagesystemscript.PlayerIsSitting() - "carriagesystemscript.psc" Line 100
    [alias CurrentSeat on quest DialogueCarriageSystem (00017F01)].PlayerRiderScript.OnActivate() - "PlayerRiderScript.psc" Line 9
[06/19/2022 - 11:48:49AM] WARNING: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp22"
stack:
    [DialogueCarriageSystem (00017F01)].carriagesystemscript.SkipToDestinationSimple() - "carriagesystemscript.psc" Line 118
[06/19/2022 - 11:48:49AM] Error: Cannot call Start() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [DialogueCarriageSystem (00017F01)].carriagesystemscript.SkipToDestinationSimple() - "carriagesystemscript.psc" Line 119
[06/19/2022 - 11:48:49AM] WARNING: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp22"
stack:
    [DialogueCarriageSystem (00017F01)].carriagesystemscript.SkipToDestinationSimple() - "carriagesystemscript.psc" Line 119
[06/19/2022 - 11:48:49AM] Error: Cannot call GetAlias() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [DialogueCarriageSystem (00017F01)].carriagesystemscript.SkipToDestinationSimple() - "carriagesystemscript.psc" Line 144
[06/19/2022 - 11:48:49AM] Error: Cannot call ForceRefTo() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [DialogueCarriageSystem (00017F01)].carriagesystemscript.SkipToDestinationSimple() - "carriagesystemscript.psc" Line 144
[06/19/2022 - 11:48:49AM] Error: Cannot call SetStage() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [DialogueCarriageSystem (00017F01)].carriagesystemscript.SkipToDestinationSimple() - "carriagesystemscript.psc" Line 181
[06/19/2022 - 11:48:49AM] WARNING: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp25"
stack:
    [DialogueCarriageSystem (00017F01)].carriagesystemscript.SkipToDestinationSimple() - "carriagesystemscript.psc" Line 181

Edited by LynErso666
On 5/28/2022 at 3:51 PM, notwavman said:

They usually attack if your character has plug, which goes off and vibrates. Also they will attack if you close the dialog without giving answer, so they assume you want to fight.

Otherwise they do not attack.

I'm using SexLab Hormones, and I've found that the bimbo curse updating causes them to become hostile. Unfortunately traveling via carriage takes long enough that this is guaranteed to happen while the curse is active.

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, nigwriter said:

Has anyone found a fix to the "Carriages not doing anything" bug?

Start a new game and try going to the carriage again. That "wild papyrus stream error" I was talking about causes the carriages to do nothing. I started a new game and it worked. 

Edited by LynErso666
  • 3 weeks later...

Small update on the upcoming version I mentioned some weeks ago. It's done and in final testing.

It will not add new content. I tried, but CK does not like me. Every ESP I edited sofar ended up in unloadable saves right after character creation, DCC is no exception from that and thus I gave up on trying. What it will bring is fixes for the script bugs that appeared while playing over the last months along with updated dialogues and messages, that should offer a better representation of what actually happens on the current scenario. Also the Sexlab integration was rewritten to choose animations fitting the scene as close as possible while taking worn DDs into account.

Compatibility for SE is still there, anything used is vanilla and no external assets are required (asides from the BFT patch where needed). Can't test it though, I'm currently trying out AE with a collection that came with OSex and does not include SL/DD/BFT.

For those reporting a "DCC not doing anything" problem, haven't had this sofar, the closest thing were conflicts with mods that edit the carriage driver dialogues, like "More to say". These mods alter/replace the dialogue for chosing destinations and can result in event scripts not being triggered. As a rule of thumb, load dialogue overhauls first, then BFT and DCC last. If you're using LOOT, using the "Load after" setting in the meta data settings is a nice way to automatize that part.

17 hours ago, lastbytescout said:

Small update on the upcoming version I mentioned some weeks ago. It's done and in final testing.

It will not add new content. I tried, but CK does not like me. Every ESP I edited sofar ended up in unloadable saves right after character creation, DCC is no exception from that and thus I gave up on trying. What it will bring is fixes for the script bugs that appeared while playing over the last months along with updated dialogues and messages, that should offer a better representation of what actually happens on the current scenario. Also the Sexlab integration was rewritten to choose animations fitting the scene as close as possible while taking worn DDs into account.

Compatibility for SE is still there, anything used is vanilla and no external assets are required (asides from the BFT patch where needed). Can't test it though, I'm currently trying out AE with a collection that came with OSex and does not include SL/DD/BFT.

For those reporting a "DCC not doing anything" problem, haven't had this sofar, the closest thing were conflicts with mods that edit the carriage driver dialogues, like "More to say". These mods alter/replace the dialogue for chosing destinations and can result in event scripts not being triggered. As a rule of thumb, load dialogue overhauls first, then BFT and DCC last. If you're using LOOT, using the "Load after" setting in the meta data settings is a nice way to automatize that part.

That sounds amazeballs. Thanks, lastbytescout, I appreciate ya.

It's working great for me on AE personally. I'm using 1100 plugins right now, only about 30 of them are Sexlab plugins, with Nemesis, and Mator/Wrye Bash Synthesis, and am working on making it into a massive collection. lol. After a couple months I think I've almost got it perfect.

I can't tell you how much I love Devious Carriages though. I love travel being difficult and have a hard time finding challenging enemies for me and my NFF managed warband, and oml, I have had some of the most epic fights with those bandits from this mod. After a year and a half of using this mod, I did finally test out the devious aspects of it, and it all seems to work, but omg, I love using this mod as an excuse to get into extremely awesome fights where I may lose a follower or three permanently. What a glorious mod. I wish I had so many more encounters in the game like this.

Idk if you know, but with Better Melee AI and a slew of Combat mods for block-recoil, stagger systems, and knockdown, wow, these bandits fight like jedi, no joke. lolz

On 8/4/2022 at 2:03 PM, lastbytescout said:

Just as an aside, and in case it helps anyone, I can get 3 carraiges appear at some places.  There are

Base Game/CFTO,

SLUTS, and

DCL

I always check which is which by simply checking the driver in the console, to see which mod they come from.  For Devious Carraiges compatibility, use the game/CFTO carraige+driver and ignore those from SLUTS and DCL 

New Version is out. It does not add new stuff as stated before, but fixes and tunes lots of small stuff that needed a hand. This version is officially compatible with SSE and AE.

Sadly it comes without source files. I lost/overwrote those while moving anything over to AE. Doesn't matter much, they can be decompiled quite easily when getting back to it.

Also there's a disabled check for ToysFW in the MCM, though there is no support for it (yet). Using Toys would be nice in the future, but doesn't make much sense as long as DD is a hard requirement and you'd have to have both installed.

hey,

do you have any plans to change the location of the bandit rape scenario?

it is a bad spot for sex scenes because its sloped and not flat. 

Plus with landscape mods there can be a lot of grass.

Also would be nice to have different spots that can happen randomly.

would really love to get back to this mod and the location thing was one of the biggest issues that I remember.