[mod] Character Body Overhaul

12 hours ago, buxxuc said:

Thank you for your response, I'm gonna try a few more experiments on it.

Update: I tried to disable both "Undress" and "No physical modification from prowess" and created a new female character on a new game, copied DNA in the Ruler Designer, pasted it right away there and the issue still persists. ?

Do I need a certain amount of Prowess or weight to make it look normal like any other females in the game? It only happens to my created character.

Update 2: This time, I removed Undress and No physical modification from prowess and then went to use your mod "Physical Attributes" instead. The female seem to look more... normal now with a bit of weight? Except for the skelly arms, but I can live with it. The males, though, has strange clippings on his body. Is it because he's too muscular? His prowess is like 23. I've attached a picture, NSFW still!

I really appreciate your help Mange!

Hide contents

2.jpg

So I'm really not sure why buy it really looks like you have body_shape_average_clothed applied to the models. See the below screenshots taken from my game with the portrait editor. Both are identical weights/muscularity. But one has body_shape_average_clothed applied the other just has body_shape_average. Its basically a way for the developers to prevent clipping through clothing. I don't have the undress mod but certain methods of removing clothing may leave the portrait modifier that changes it. My advice would be to look in your save game file. It should show you your character's portrait info. If you see something like this.

gene_bs_body_shape={ "body_shape_average_clothed" 217 "body_shape_apple_half" 0 }

That's the source of the issue.

As to the neck issue on the muscular character, unfortunately that's a known issue. It shouldn't be a constant thing though. It was something that I began noticing when I first started messing with the models, and I thought I messed something up but if you closely at the models in the base game you will see the same seam. I tried to reduce the seams as much as possible but some (but not all) animations will still have that problem.

2021_04_03_8.png

2021_04_03_7.png

10 hours ago, benmazalan92 said:

the character body is a bit lumpy. Combine with carnalitas big tits trait the boobs became monster size. Especially since I edit Daddy Pika Cheat Menu to spawn characters with big tits trait. Any idea how to fix this? Not sure if any other mods cause this.

Unfortunately I have no idea. I suppose it would depend on what lumpy means,, humans are lumpy creatures so without an image I can't tell you if they are intended lumps or not. As to the big tits this mod with the Carnalitas big tit trait should only make characters as big as the screenshots that accompany this post. I designed these models to match up to the full range observed in humans (you can find examples of humans that large) but I've seen the intended size described as "monster". Either way its fixable via either the gene file or the portrait modifier, but without knowing what you mean by monster I can't tell you how to do it specifically. 

Hi Mange2020!

First of all, wanna congratulate you for your amazing work, plus you seem very active and helpful... thus why I'm coming to you even though you tried explaining it multiple times already :D

I can't for the life of me understand Carnalitas explanations on how to code an event. Their example seems written for fellow modders, not absolute noobs who usually drag and drop stuff in Vortex :D

I have found all the event logs (carnalitas, the game itself) and half understand that i gotta copy paste your stuff somewhere, but... yeah... total noob.  Is there any way to get a file copy of already coded events for your animations that I could just replace from the original? 

Thanks!

Edit : I have exactly the same problem from a guy you answered this to :

The animation itself needs to be coded into an event to work. The toggle changes the way animations are viewed so that the characters are in the right position but doesn't by itself make the animation appear. 

That's the part I've been reading about for about 2-3 hours now, and I feel really dumb for not getting any of it :( 

7 hours ago, Korbac said:

Hi Mange2020!

First of all, wanna congratulate you for your amazing work, plus you seem very active and helpful... thus why I'm coming to you even though you tried explaining it multiple times already :D

I can't for the life of me understand Carnalitas explanations on how to code an event. Their example seems written for fellow modders, not absolute noobs who usually drag and drop stuff in Vortex :D

I have found all the event logs (carnalitas, the game itself) and half understand that i gotta copy paste your stuff somewhere, but... yeah... total noob.  Is there any way to get a file copy of already coded events for your animations that I could just replace from the original? 

Thanks!

Edit : I have exactly the same problem from a guy you answered this to :

That's the part I've been reading about for about 2-3 hours now, and I feel really dumb for not getting any of it :( 

Hi there,

if you've downloaded this mod and installed it correctly, all you would have to do is change the animation in the event you like.

1. Go to the mod folder of a mod you want to change

2. Go to the /events/ sub-folder

3. Find the event you want to change, this will be denoted something like event_name.001 = { ....... }

4. There wil be a section with left_portrait = { }  and right_portrait = { }. This is where it is defined what characters are shown in the event, what they wear, and what animation they are playing

For example from a very simple DWToska mod:

left_portrait = {
        character = root
        animation = admiration # happiness # schadenfreude
    }
    right_portrait = {
        character = scope:recipient
        animation = prisondungeon # fear
    }

This means that left character will be root (the character who started the event - your player character), and the right character will be the recipient of the interaction in this case. You don't need to change those.

5. Change the animation line:

left_portrait = {
        character = root
        animation = sex
    }
    right_portrait = {
        animation = sex
    }

That's all you need to do to change the animation to the 'sex' animation that OP has provided. Once you are in game and in the event, you will also need to click the event icon button on the top left of the event window to change the view to 'animation view'.

6. If you want them to be naked you can also add outfit tags:

left_portrait = {
        character = root
        animation = sex
        outfit_tags = { no_cloak no_hat no_pants no_clothes }
    }
    right_portrait = {
        animation = sex
        outfit_tags = { no_cloak no_hat no_pants no_clothes }
    }

@Mange2020

don't you think the penis sizes get a bit too large on average? it's hard to adjust for all sizes lmao.

punctured throat:

Untitled.jpg

Changing erection_size_animation_correction max = from 0.5 to 0.4 makes things a lot easier to handle

Also, do you know why head animation sometimes doesn't loop and only plays once? I can't figure it out

On 4/3/2021 at 5:45 AM, benmazalan92 said:

the character body is a bit lumpy. Combine with carnalitas big tits trait the boobs became monster size. Especially since I edit Daddy Pika Cheat Menu to spawn characters with big tits trait. Any idea how to fix this? Not sure if any other mods cause this.

Hi. Could you explain how you edited the Daddy Pika menu to do that? Thanks. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain! It does sound very simple, but I can't find which event to code the animation in for probably the simplest one :D 

I want to code an animation for the Carnalitas Make Love option (thought there would already be one, but they just looking at each other naked and the toggle button  just makes them stand up in the air, I just see 2 pairs of overlapping ankles :D )

If I read the carn_example_sex_scene_event , am I understanding correctly that I have to go in the game events and modify seduce_outcome.2309 ? Because even then, in there, all I see is a left portrait section.  If I can simply make the Make Love animation work, I'll be good and yet I can't figure out which event it is tied to.

Thought it could have been carn_sex_scene_events, but it just contains this :

namespace = carn_sex_scene

#
# 0002. Fallback event for when no scene matches the provided parameters.
# This simply resets flags and fires the paradox sex scene
#

carn_sex_scene.0002 = {
    hidden = yes
    immediate = {
        debug_log = "Carnalitas: No appropriate sex scene could be found for requested flags. Fell back to generic PDX sex scene."
        carn_clear_sex_scene_flags_effect = yes
        carn_sex_scene_request_consensual = yes
        trigger_event = { id = carn_sex_scene.0001 }

# clear list again to prevent consensual flag leaking into next request
    }
}

Which looks nothing like the code Mange2020 and you have shown :(

Could I bother you once more just to take back the example you made with the DWToska mod, but for the event i'm looking for? If I wanna do more after, I promise I'll figure it out :D 

1 hour ago, Korbac said:

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain! It does sound very simple, but I can't find which event to code the animation in for probably the simplest one :D 

I want to code an animation for the Carnalitas Make Love option (thought there would already be one, but they just looking at each other naked and the toggle button  just makes them stand up in the air, I just see 2 pairs of overlapping ankles :D )

If I read the carn_example_sex_scene_event , am I understanding correctly that I have to go in the game events and modify seduce_outcome.2309 ? Because even then, in there, all I see is a left portrait section.  If I can simply make the Make Love animation work, I'll be good and yet I can't figure out which event it is tied to.

Thought it could have been carn_sex_scene_events, but it just contains this :

namespace = carn_sex_scene

#
#

carn_sex_scene.0002 = {
    hidden = yes
    immediate = {
        debug_log = "Carnalitas: No appropriate sex scene could be found for requested flags. Fell back to generic PDX sex scene."
        carn_sex_scene_request_consensual = yes
        trigger_event = { id = carn_sex_scene.0001 }

# clear list again to prevent consensual flag leaking into next request
    }
}

Which looks nothing like the code Mange2020 and you have shown :(

Could I bother you once more just to take back the example you made with the DWToska mod, but for the event i'm looking for? If I wanna do more after, I promise I'll figure it out :D 

Okay so the event you found is called carn_sex_scene.002 and unfortunately it isnt an actual event you can see. You can observe the notes written in what you yourself pasted:

"Carnalitas: No appropriate sex scene could be found for requested flags. Fell back to generic PDX sex scene."

you can also notice it says hidden = yes - this means the window won't show.

the important thing for you here is that it says trigger_event = { id = carn_sex_scene.0001 } - this means that this event will open another event, called carn_sex_scene.0001

You're lucky that this one is the 'make love' event you were looking for.

carn_sex_scene.0001 is located in /events/sex_scenes/carn_example_sex_scene_event.txt

so if you look into that file you will find it along with the portrait that's there.  I'm attaching the modified file for you so you can see what's inside and copy it. It goes into the events/sex_scenes/ folder

image.png.1ca420039aec63cb692f58e40d25e574.png

carn_example_sex_scene_event.txt

Hi @Mange2020! Thank you so so much for making this mod and for keeping it updated and making sure clothes are compatible as well ?

Was wondering if you could do an achievement-friendly version of this mod. I tried using your current one but without the "common" folder because anything that touches that folder changes the checksum of the game, invalidating achievements, and while I'm a fan of big boobage.....

Spoiler

capture01.JPG.68bbe38f20f87b821f55a627f61368e5.JPG

Spoiler

capture02.JPG.e1e33f6e1598692f8aeeb4fbeac0c935.JPG

capture03.JPG.1069c8b666f4862203d13ddbb30e5b2a.JPG

Spoiler

capture04.JPG.669662bdf9af3c2038bf9f077f2f35a1.JPG

capture05.JPG.dab430b31c628e49880ac4429bfb43d6.JPG

It's uhm.... a bit too much hehe. Probably something you did on the genes files is what's preventing this from normally happening and contain them into a manageable size, but obviously the gene files can't be used without the game thinking it violates the sanctity of checksum purity. So yeah, was wondering if you could do a "geneless" version with a somewhat reduced size? Think around 3/4 or 2/3 of that size would be okay? We don't want them too small either don't we? ?

EDIT: ACTUALLY now that I think about it the size is not the problem, it's more how they jut forwards like they're torpedoes that's weird. Could this be changed so they grow more in size without growing forwards that much? ?

11 hours ago, 420Edon said:

Okay so the event you found is called carn_sex_scene.002 and unfortunately it isnt an actual event you can see. You can observe the notes written in what you yourself pasted:

"Carnalitas: No appropriate sex scene could be found for requested flags. Fell back to generic PDX sex scene."

you can also notice it says hidden = yes - this means the window won't show.

the important thing for you here is that it says trigger_event = { id = carn_sex_scene.0001 } - this means that this event will open another event, called carn_sex_scene.0001

You're lucky that this one is the 'make love' event you were looking for.

carn_sex_scene.0001 is located in /events/sex_scenes/carn_example_sex_scene_event.txt

so if you look into that file you will find it along with the portrait that's there.  I'm attaching the modified file for you so you can see what's inside and copy it. It goes into the events/sex_scenes/ folder

Hey Thanks I managed to get farther and got it working and Thank Mange2020 for the mod, the future is interesting. I did what you stated before and got no results, I looked over your entry for the code and it pretty much matched mine. Thought maybe it was a mod messing with it because I just got floating bodies. I had to click the upper left button "CK2 event window icon" once and its in an "animation mode", Then I had to trigger the event again and it loaded the animation.

As a side note to anyone trying it, you should change some of the game options to help debug faster. An example would be if you modify the code Makelove(carn_sex_scene.0001) to display animations, set the rules to "no cooldown". It may help you from trying to play around with mods with debug like removing half of your 50+ mods  and moving mods back and forth on the playset for an hour. Another option is to look at the event name directly and attempting to run it on demand with the CKIII console. Thanks guys!

So, I am not very smort, clearly. I've gone through this thread and the Carnalitas thread, but I just don't understand what I am doing wrong. I am getting similar issues to other posters, but I don't see a lot of solutions being offered. Or at least none that I understand.

I've added screenshot of my mod load order and the make love screen. I'm basically still getting the two naked participants staring at each other, and when I toggle the heart button on the top left they just pup above the window and all I can see is their legs. Am I missing something? Am I supposed to download the files spread out in this thread and add them to the mod folder?

Spoiler

My Load order. I think it said on the Carnalita thread that this animation and body overhaul should go on top. I added the Male and Female files into the gfx folder of the char_body_overhaul folder.

Untitled.png.3236b01d1a01f63e8e737824425824d7.png

This is the default window before I click the heart icon

20210405135841_1.jpg.ee662367b9a87cfc6ca61bef052c0764.jpg

And this is what happens when I click the heart icon.

20210405135844_1.jpg.2371e40747d9c2dbdf13f412f75d711b.jpg

On 4/4/2021 at 8:22 AM, 420Edon said:

@Mange2020

don't you think the penis sizes get a bit too large on average? it's hard to adjust for all sizes lmao.

punctured throat:

Untitled.jpg

Changing erection_size_animation_correction max = from 0.5 to 0.4 makes things a lot easier to handle

Also, do you know why head animation sometimes doesn't loop and only plays once? I can't figure it out

Do you use my physical attribute mod? Because that's how I'm planning on dealing with that. Basically it should allow us to either layer additive animations (which is something that I don't know how to do but will look into eventually) or to make different animations that trigger at different sizes (like the game does with fat animations.

But yeah the penis size is a bit too big. I measured it out for the physical attribute mod (which is why I probably don't want to change it tbh) and its about 7 inches. Funny thing is this is the size most guys claim they are, but actual average is like 5. Range in this mod is like 2-11 inches but actually like 95% of the population is 4-7 with 5 as average. Apparently penis anxiety is enough of a thing that we have numbers on this.

I personally haven't had the problem of the head animation only playing once. How does the code look in your asset file?

18 hours ago, HerChianti said:

Hi @Mange2020! Thank you so so much for making this mod and for keeping it updated and making sure clothes are compatible as well ?

Was wondering if you could do an achievement-friendly version of this mod. I tried using your current one but without the "common" folder because anything that touches that folder changes the checksum of the game, invalidating achievements, and while I'm a fan of big boobage.....

Reveal hidden contents

capture01.JPG.68bbe38f20f87b821f55a627f61368e5.JPG

Reveal hidden contents

capture02.JPG.e1e33f6e1598692f8aeeb4fbeac0c935.JPG

capture03.JPG.1069c8b666f4862203d13ddbb30e5b2a.JPG

Reveal hidden contents

capture04.JPG.669662bdf9af3c2038bf9f077f2f35a1.JPG

capture05.JPG.dab430b31c628e49880ac4429bfb43d6.JPG

It's uhm.... a bit too much hehe. Probably something you did on the genes files is what's preventing this from normally happening and contain them into a manageable size, but obviously the gene files can't be used without the game thinking it violates the sanctity of checksum purity. So yeah, was wondering if you could do a "geneless" version with a somewhat reduced size? Think around 3/4 or 2/3 of that size would be okay? We don't want them too small either don't we? ?

EDIT: ACTUALLY now that I think about it the size is not the problem, it's more how they jut forwards like they're torpedoes that's weird. Could this be changed so they grow more in size without growing forwards that much? ?

Yeah, so I purposefully made most of the blendshapes huge, larger than I would personally use just because I figured its easier to limit sizes in the gene file than to have to make a whole new blendshape if you want something a little larger, which would hypothetically allow people to adjust what's here to their preferences. Hadn't really considered an achievement friendly version tbh because that would make many of the shapes and animations basically impossible. IIRC muscular, fat, and breast size should still work with rather extreme results. 

Unfortunately making a new blendshape is a lot easier said than done. But your torpedo issue is actually a bit easier than that. The reason those screenshots look like torpedos is because that character is has bust_clothes applied. So naked characters are essentially never meant to look like that, there is basically an invisible dress holding them in that position.

3 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

Yeah, so I purposefully made most of the blendshapes huge, larger than I would personally use just because I figured its easier to limit sizes in the gene file than to have to make a whole new blendshape if you want something a little larger, which would hypothetically allow people to adjust what's here to their preferences. Hadn't really considered an achievement friendly version tbh because that would make many of the shapes and animations basically impossible. IIRC muscular, fat, and breast size should still work with rather extreme results. 

Unfortunately making a new blendshape is a lot easier said than done. But your torpedo issue is actually a bit easier than that. The reason those screenshots look like torpedos is because that character is has bust_clothes applied. So naked characters are essentially never meant to look like that, there is basically an invisible dress holding them in that position.

Yeah those screenshots were from the achievement friendly version without the gene files. The first screenshot is actually the proper naked version since that's from the ruler designer though.

I honestly only wanted to be able to have big chests when I was running the achievement friendly version, didn't care about animations and whatnot ?. I already have a modified checksum variant where I'm running your full mod and it works perfectly.

I guess I'll have to live without this for ironman/achievement runs. Thanks though!

I think something you changed in the latest update might have broken everything ?

Spoiler

image.png.6f5b0c390e63ce192712b5729b3c5ec2.png

Nothing changed from before to today in my mod loadout except for installing your most recent update. Now they not only look like they're emaciated like if they're using the clothed mesh while naked (which didn't happen before in the ruler designer) but now also the breasts are completely borked ?

(I mean when they're clothed it's still all good but now naked just does not work at all hehe)

EDIT: I rolled back to the previous version of char_body_overhaul_zip.zip and and it seemed to at least fix the booby craziness. Character still has the noddle arms but I can live with that ? (I'm so glad I kept the older copy of that zip file lol).

Spoiler

image.png.77ee5b13249e54c643faa95afda2482a.png

Also you might be onto something here, since by combining the older char overhaul zip with the new male and female gfx zips it made the breasts look great while naked (before they were sagging too much downwards if they were at max).

EDIT 2: After some additional QCing I found more weird stuffs. When the weight slider is over the default (half the bar) a neck seam starts appearing, and it gets worse the more you go into the weight slider. Actually you can kind of already see it in the second picture I uploaded, here.

Spoiler

image.png.b202a565370ddf8b4da992119cf34c13.png

I uploaded examples of the seam as it gets more visible the higher you go in the weight slider.

Spoiler

image.png.28d7dc0ac2c58d5c8fb9119981ebed91.png

image.png.1ddcc6db44ccbef96d5d4ad3cdea438e.png

This seam happens whether I use the old or the new char_body_overhaul_zip.zip so this must be related to some changes you did on the meshes themselves.

2 hours ago, HerChianti said:

I think something you changed in the latest update might have broken everything ?

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.6f5b0c390e63ce192712b5729b3c5ec2.png

Nothing changed from before to today in my mod loadout except for installing your most recent update. Now they not only look like they're emaciated like if they're using the clothed mesh while naked (which didn't happen before in the ruler designer) but now also the breasts are completely borked ?

(I mean when they're clothed it's still all good but now naked just does not work at all hehe)

EDIT: I rolled back to the previous version of char_body_overhaul_zip.zip and and it seemed to at least fix the booby craziness. Character still has the noddle arms but I can live with that ? (I'm so glad I kept the older copy of that zip file lol).

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.77ee5b13249e54c643faa95afda2482a.png

Also you might be onto something here, since by combining the older char overhaul zip with the new male and female gfx zips it made the breasts look great while naked (before they were sagging too much downwards if they were at max).

EDIT 2: After some additional QCing I found more weird stuffs. When the weight slider is over the default (half the bar) a neck seam starts appearing, and it gets worse the more you go into the weight slider. Actually you can kind of already see it in the second picture I uploaded, here.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.b202a565370ddf8b4da992119cf34c13.png

I uploaded examples of the seam as it gets more visible the higher you go in the weight slider.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.28d7dc0ac2c58d5c8fb9119981ebed91.png

image.png.1ddcc6db44ccbef96d5d4ad3cdea438e.png

This seam happens whether I use the old or the new char_body_overhaul_zip.zip so this must be related to some changes you did on the meshes themselves.

Believe it or not this was expected behavior. In my own play I noticed some characters clipping through their clothing, the additive animations are a good way to fix this issue with all the models and once without having to remodel every outfit (which is a massive pain and may make the clothing look deformed).

But I also think this helps with debugging. The skeletal issue was something that has been mentioned across a couple of my mods by a few people and I suspected that it wasn't really an issue with one of my mods so much as making a separate issue look worse, this kind of confirms it. Most people assumed it was just my models being too skinny leading them to try solutions that didn't really help, I figure that by making it look more obviously buggy it helps us more quickly identify the problem and the proper solution.

So this screenshot looks like its in the ruler designer. I don't really use the ruler designer, but my understanding is that characters aren't naked in there. So what mod are you using to make that happen? I suspect this is fixable using a portrait modifier. Or perhaps modifying the ruler designer to let you manually select the body_shape.

Also the neck seam is always there. It just matters how close you look. Just to illustrate what I mean this screenshot is from the base game with zero mods.

2021_04_08_2.png

9 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

But I also think this helps with debugging. The skeletal issue was something that has been mentioned across a couple of my mods by a few people and I suspected that it wasn't really an issue with one of my mods so much as making a separate issue look worse, this kind of confirms it. Most people assumed it was just my models being too skinny leading them to try solutions that didn't really help, I figure that by making it look more obviously buggy it helps us more quickly identify the problem and the proper solution.

So this screenshot looks like its in the ruler designer. I don't really use the ruler designer, but my understanding is that characters aren't naked in there. So what mod are you using to make that happen? I suspect this is fixable using a portrait modifier. Or perhaps modifying the ruler designer to let you manually select the body_shape.

Oh yeah I knew pretty quickly the looking skeletal thing issue wasn't because of your mod at all which is why I didn't even mention it the first time when I was asking about an achievement-friendly version hehe, no worries.

As for the mod, I was using one that let me look at characters naked in the Ruler Designer, but upon code comparison that file was outdated and missing some lines from an updated version of the game (mainly since it's a mod pre-Northern Lords expansion so yeah). The file in question is located in gfx\portraits\portrait_modifiers and it's 01_clothes.txt, I noticed this file wasn't in your mod before the last update, so for compatibility's sake I grabbed your version and compared it with the mod's one and located what piece of code did the change to the Ruler Designer and found it:
image.png.497c190e114fba8bcec9f4b1224a6d9a.png

So, all I did was what the mod did which is change western_bedchamber to no_clothes, just like that mod did to have naked people in the Ruler Designer, but also keep your file intact. This is when the weird boob squash bug happened. But after going back to a previous version of your mod (without the 01_clothes.txt file) the boob squash from the first picture was gone though, like I showed in my previous post. They didn't look skeletal in the Ruler Designer before so I'm guessing something in here caused it? Probably the body_shape_average_clothed morph? I have a lot of experience debugging and editing Skyrim mods since I've been doing it for years but I'm new to CK3 so I'm still trying to find my way around how everything works and what does what ?.

----------------------------------------------

EDIT on the above: I tried deleting both morph sections and it went back to just how they looked before the latest update with the arms being correctly displayed and all. Upon further inspection, the older Ruler Designer mod I was using lacked those morphs, so yeah. it was that. I'm learning!

Spoiler

image.png.838797f0246e357b64567b8b0ac1a4a4.png

Managed to avoid the overly saggy breasts while also keeping the non-skeletal look by only removing the second morph and keeping the bust morph.

(Mind you this is all with the older version of your char_body_overhaul_zip.zip file, because the newer one squashes the boobs together really badly regardless and I have no idea what causes that)

9 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

Also the neck seam is always there. It just matters how close you look. Just to illustrate what I mean this screenshot is from the base game with zero mods.

2021_04_08_2.png

Ewwwww, that's nasty. I honestly didn't notice it before. I could swear making them fatter made the seam a lot more visible now though. Would you perchance still have the version of female_zip.zip before your latest update so I could check? Sadly I deleted that one. I always tend to save older versions just in case, I'm a dummy.

Hello, I wanted to say thank you for your mod, since it brings a lot of new possibilities for the game. However, I have a problem.

I'm developing a weight gain mod for CK3 and thus I need to have very fat people. I decided you use your mod to make it happen. I took your mod and changed the gene file to double the possible maximum size. I managed to achieve this, but for some reason in the game people don't really look their weight. For example, some people who are less than 0 weight look quite chubby, as fat as some people who are 20-30. I don't really understand why. In the ruler designer there's no such problem, but for some reason weight doesn't change in a certain range, something like 15-25. It stays the same, then if you increase it by one more point the change is drastic and visible.

So please, Mange2020could you help me with this issue? I just doubled all the values for "fat body" and left "gaunt body" unchanged. Example:

Was:

# Fat body from 0.5 to 1.0 gene value
setting = { attribute = "bs_fat_1"    value = { min = -0.2 max = 0.2 }  age = age_preset_child_fat    } # Head fat
setting = { attribute = "bs_fat_1_body"    value = { min = -0.3 max = 0.3 }  age = age_preset_child_fat    } 
setting = { attribute = "bs_body_fat_1"    value = { min = -0.5 max = 0.5 }  age = age_preset_child_fat    } 

Became:

setting = { attribute = "bs_fat_1"	value = { min = -0.4 max = 0.4 }  age = age_preset_child_fat	} # Head fat
setting = { attribute = "bs_fat_1_body"	value = { min = -0.6 max = 0.6 }  age = age_preset_child_fat	} 
setting = { attribute = "bs_body_fat_1"	value = { min = -1 max = 1 }  age = age_preset_child_fat	} 

I did it for all versions of fat. It seems I messed something up.

Also, just an idea, maybe you should decrease the default out of the box values for breast size and butt size? They are too damn huge IMO.

Thanks again for your, I wish you well and hope you will continue working on it, since my mod relies on it. Would also love to integrate your Physics Attributes mod too, but that would be later.

19 hours ago, HerChianti said:

Oh yeah I knew pretty quickly the looking skeletal thing issue wasn't because of your mod at all which is why I didn't even mention it the first time when I was asking about an achievement-friendly version hehe, no worries.

As for the mod, I was using one that let me look at characters naked in the Ruler Designer, but upon code comparison that file was outdated and missing some lines from an updated version of the game (mainly since it's a mod pre-Northern Lords expansion so yeah). The file in question is located in gfx\portraits\portrait_modifiers and it's 01_clothes.txt, I noticed this file wasn't in your mod before the last update, so for compatibility's sake I grabbed your version and compared it with the mod's one and located what piece of code did the change to the Ruler Designer and found it:
image.png.497c190e114fba8bcec9f4b1224a6d9a.png

So, all I did was what the mod did which is change western_bedchamber to no_clothes, just like that mod did to have naked people in the Ruler Designer, but also keep your file intact. This is when the weird boob squash bug happened. But after going back to a previous version of your mod (without the 01_clothes.txt file) the boob squash from the first picture was gone though, like I showed in my previous post. They didn't look skeletal in the Ruler Designer before so I'm guessing something in here caused it? Probably the body_shape_average_clothed morph? I have a lot of experience debugging and editing Skyrim mods since I've been doing it for years but I'm new to CK3 so I'm still trying to find my way around how everything works and what does what ?.

EDIT on the above: I tried deleting both morph sections and it went back to just how they looked before the latest update with the arms being correctly displayed and all. Upon further inspection, the older Ruler Designer mod I was using lacked those morphs, so yeah. it was that. I'm learning!

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.838797f0246e357b64567b8b0ac1a4a4.png

Managed to avoid the overly saggy breasts while also keeping the non-skeletal look by only removing the second morph and keeping the bust morph.

(Mind you this is all with the older version of your char_body_overhaul_zip.zip file, because the newer one squashes the boobs together really badly regardless and I have no idea what causes that)

Ewwwww, that's nasty. I honestly didn't notice it before. I could swear making them fatter made the seam a lot more visible now though. Would you perchance still have the version of female_zip.zip before your latest update so I could check? Sadly I deleted that one. I always tend to save older versions just in case, I'm a dummy.

Yeah the body_shape_average_clothed gene template is the culprit. In base game every character is given a two of every morph gene, one of which is dominant and they can get

average

half_rectangle

full_rectanlge

half_hourglass

full_hourglass

half_triangle

full_triangle

half_apple

full_apple

half_pear

full_pear

half_triangle

full_triangle

There all refer to the various body shapes that people can have although most are relatively subtle differences. Each have an associate morph attached. Average has no extra shape, rectangle increases waist size while decreasing shoulders and hips, Apple increases waist size, hourglass increases hips and shoulders while making the waist smaller, triangle increases shoulders while making the waist and hips smaller, pear increases hips while making the shoulders smaller. Half and full refer to the blend shape being at half strength and full strength.

However unlike every other body morph on the game none of these shapes have clothing equivalents that’s because when the game puts clothing on a character it uses modify_multiply to change the gene template from whatever they are born with to average_clothed. This modifier is in 01_clothes. The only exceptions to this are outfits with significant skin showing these outfits are changed to the average template (like the Indian female clothing, that you may notice seem thicker, this is why). So you only see rectangle, triangle etc. when a character is naked.

The clothed template exists in the vanilla game and is essentially paradox’s shortcut to prevent characters clipping out of their clothing. It adds a blend shape called “slim” slim is the reason for the character’s skeletal arms. It essentially just makes every part of the body so skinny that it won’t clip through clothing, it looks weird but paradox knows you can’t see it anyway.

At first I really wanted to do away with it, but that’s easier said than done. Eventually I realized that you just cannot make clothing that looks good and won’t clip. So I added an additive animation body_suck_in_stomach to prevent fat characters clipping out of their clothing. I noticed something similar with the chest so using the bones I added to the chest I created another additive animation. I’m essentially taking Paradox’s concept and expanding it to help me give y’all a greater variety of body shapes. But that is what you are seeing. The arms are 100% paradox’s slim blend shape, the stomach and chest being compressed is me, but both are attached to the same gene that you shouldn’t see.

This is why I did a full replacement of the 01_clothes file. I added a new outfit tag called “topless” because the default no_clothes outfit tag includes bedchamber as a valid naked option (this is for people with the nudity setting set to off). For topless only actually being naked is valid. But unlike the other outfit tags I created (no_pants etc.) 01_clothes is where the game switches to body_shape_average_clothed. So creating a separate file means that they are switched to the deformed body shape and THEN have their clothing removed. So I needed to prevent that from happening with a full overwrite.

That is what I suspect is happening here. What is the mod you used to remove clothing in the ruler designer? If I can poke through the files I can probably just fix it for you.

Also as to the neck thing it’s because the head and body are rendered seperately. I actually did some work to decrease the seam. But some of the game’s default animations move the head around in a way that opens the seam back up. The only solution would be to go through all 400 or so animations making minute adjustments so . . . Probs not happening.

18 hours ago, vocon said:

Hello, I wanted to say thank you for your mod, since it brings a lot of new possibilities for the game. However, I have a problem.

I'm developing a weight gain mod for CK3 and thus I need to have very fat people. I decided you use your mod to make it happen. I took your mod and changed the gene file to double the possible maximum size. I managed to achieve this, but for some reason in the game people don't really look their weight. For example, some people who are less than 0 weight look quite chubby, as fat as some people who are 20-30. I don't really understand why. In the ruler designer there's no such problem, but for some reason weight doesn't change in a certain range, something like 15-25. It stays the same, then if you increase it by one more point the change is drastic and visible.

So please, Mange2020could you help me with this issue? I just doubled all the values for "fat body" and left "gaunt body" unchanged. Example:

Was:

setting = { attribute = "bs_fat_1"    value = { min = -0.2 max = 0.2 }  age = age_preset_child_fat    } # Head fat
setting = { attribute = "bs_fat_1_body"    value = { min = -0.3 max = 0.3 }  age = age_preset_child_fat    } 
setting = { attribute = "bs_body_fat_1"    value = { min = -0.5 max = 0.5 }  age = age_preset_child_fat    } 

Became:

setting = { attribute = "bs_fat_1"	value = { min = -0.4 max = 0.4 }  age = age_preset_child_fat	} # Head fat
setting = { attribute = "bs_fat_1_body"	value = { min = -0.6 max = 0.6 }  age = age_preset_child_fat	} 
setting = { attribute = "bs_body_fat_1"	value = { min = -1 max = 1 }  age = age_preset_child_fat	} 

I did it for all versions of fat. It seems I messed something up.

Also, just an idea, maybe you should decrease the default out of the box values for breast size and butt size? They are too damn huge IMO.

Thanks again for your, I wish you well and hope you will continue working on it, since my mod relies on it. Would also love to integrate your Physics Attributes mod too, but that would be later.

Honestly glad someone is getting use out of it. My goal in making the default values was to try to represent a more complete range of body shapes for what generally exist in humans. The problem is that even if the maxes are technically possible, I've noticed they appear too much. I took some steps to dealing with it in my attributes mod but its not an easy balance. So fat obviously presents its own problem since its based on lifestyle (and genetic factors) it isn't technically limited in the same way so much as people have escalating health issues. 

Glad you figured out your issues, just a couple things that may be helpful to keep in mind, current_weight is tied to a bunch of triggers around the game (including animation triggers to prevent clipping). Also the fat body shapes aren't the only shapes that make characters look fatter. bs_body_old, essentially makes someone look fatter and saggier. I have tried to use a less extreme version of this to make characters look soft and weak (negative muscularity). Also if you use the physical attributes mod there are some gene files that overwrite the files in this mod, (because I was no longer beholden to the ethnicities files I evened out the distribution).

3 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

Yeah the body_shape_average_clothed gene template is the culprit. In base game every character is given a two of every morph gene, one of which is dominant and they can get

average

half_rectangle

full_rectanlge

half_hourglass

full_hourglass

half_triangle

full_triangle

half_apple

full_apple

half_pear

full_pear

half_triangle

full_triangle

There all refer to the various body shapes that people can have although most are relatively subtle differences. Each have an associate morph attached. Average has no extra shape, rectangle increases waist size while decreasing shoulders and hips, Apple increases waist size, hourglass increases hips and shoulders while making the waist smaller, triangle increases shoulders while making the waist and hips smaller, pear increases hips while making the shoulders smaller. Half and full refer to the blend shape being at half strength and full strength.

However unlike every other body morph on the game none of these shapes have clothing equivalents that’s because when the game puts clothing on a character it uses modify_multiply to change the gene template from whatever they are born with to average_clothed. This modifier is in 01_clothes. The only exceptions to this are outfits with significant skin showing these outfits are changed to the average template (like the Indian female clothing, that you may notice seem thicker, this is why). So you only see rectangle, triangle etc. when a character is naked.

The clothed template exists in the vanilla game and is essentially paradox’s shortcut to prevent characters clipping out of their clothing. It adds a blend shape called “slim” slim is the reason for the character’s skeletal arms. It essentially just makes every part of the body so skinny that it won’t clip through clothing, it looks weird but paradox knows you can’t see it anyway.

At first I really wanted to do away with it, but that’s easier said than done. Eventually I realized that you just cannot make clothing that looks good and won’t clip. So I added an additive animation body_suck_in_stomach to prevent fat characters clipping out of their clothing. I noticed something similar with the chest so using the bones I added to the chest I created another additive animation. I’m essentially taking Paradox’s concept and expanding it to help me give y’all a greater variety of body shapes. But that is what you are seeing. The arms are 100% paradox’s slim blend shape, the stomach and chest being compressed is me, but both are attached to the same gene that you shouldn’t see.

This is why I did a full replacement of the 01_clothes file. I added a new outfit tag called “topless” because the default no_clothes outfit tag includes bedchamber as a valid naked option (this is for people with the nudity setting set to off). For topless only actually being naked is valid. But unlike the other outfit tags I created (no_pants etc.) 01_clothes is where the game switches to body_shape_average_clothed. So creating a separate file means that they are switched to the deformed body shape and THEN have their clothing removed. So I needed to prevent that from happening with a full overwrite.

That is what I suspect is happening here. What is the mod you used to remove clothing in the ruler designer? If I can poke through the files I can probably just fix it for you.

Also as to the neck thing it’s because the head and body are rendered seperately. I actually did some work to decrease the seam. But some of the game’s default animations move the head around in a way that opens the seam back up. The only solution would be to go through all 400 or so animations making minute adjustments so . . . Probs not happening.

That's the one I used, originally, but after realizing it's very old and outdated, I grabbed the file and compared it with the game's own, updated file and used a comparison plugin in N++ to spot what did the mod actually change. And that's where I saw what I shared as a screenshot on my last post.

So, what I did was grab the game's own 01_clothes.txt, change that little bit of code to make people naked in the Ruler Designer and overwrite the mod's outdated file with the new one. So you could say I'm not really using the mod anymore, I updated by myself. But if I switch to your latest version of char_body_overhaul_zip.zip that's when the breast squash happens.

EDIT: Actually let me just upload the clothes file I made to save you the hassle.

01_clothes.txt