[mod] Character Body Overhaul

47 minutes ago, Zukzukarr said:

Thanks for the answer, looked at the photos now. Yeah they're similar to my game. They're just too extreme for my taste. Thanks for the groundwork btw.

So this defines file should be a quick fix. It eliminates the base weight so that characters aren't basically born obese or underweight. (I use it so I happen to have it ready) just create a mod and create a folder named "common" and then "defines" and throw this in there.

weight_defines.txt

1 hour ago, LueRV said:

Can you change the body shapes with console commands?

specifically the breast and butt sizes?

At the moment no. Size is still determined in the same way it was in vanilla, if you have the carnalitas dick and tit size traits you can give and remove those traits for the breast sizes. 

So i have this bug or mod conflict that make animation not alignig correctly, i didn't had this problem with old version of your mod and used your sample code to integrate animation into another mod. Both Bed Relations and Carnalitas scenes have this problem.

Spoiler

aaah.png.a784a4f984cd95e472593739b03e5708.png

5 minutes ago, Blai said:

So i have this bug or mod conflict that make animation not alignig correctly, i didn't had this problem with old version of your mod and used your sample code to integrate animation into another mod. Both Bed Relations and Carnalitas scenes have this problem.

Hide contents

aaah.png.a784a4f984cd95e472593739b03e5708.png

Have you clicked the heart icon button in the top left hand corner of the screen?

15 minutes ago, conner686 said:

Why all my events are like this

无标题.png

Well my mod would cause this if you haven't deselected the sex event view toggle. Its the ball and chain icon in the top right hand corner. The theme icon for every event has been turned into a button. If it was caused by a different mod though, I don't know.

14 hours ago, megamorph014 said:

I know its a lot to ask but do you think you could add support for the community flavor pack mod? a lot of armors are clipping

Probably not, tbh I don't know what that is. But in general I shouldn't have time for the next couple of months. Although I have a tendency to mod as a procrastination tool that I really need to shake. 

1 hour ago, 420Edon said:

How do you intend to handle 3+ characters animation?

Do you think it would be possible to create more space akin to what Fullscreen Barbershop does?

So I just have vague intentions for 3+ characters as something in general for the future tbh. I just know its theoretically possible, but I want to actually modify the actual game play to make it possible first. Like right now there are a coupe threesome events but its just you getting the have sex effect with two characters simultaneously. I kind of want to add support for like, actual polyamory and thruples etc first.

But in general in terms of making extra space the toggle I added resolves a bunch of those issues. It basically allows the player to select their view. Right now I've only coded one view in but you should be able to toggle between multiple views and even pull up something like the full screen barbershop.

The biggest issue would be balancing the number of overlapping windows. Right now there are 10. 5 for each character. It used to be 20, so we know it can handle that. There's essentially a small space in the middle of the screen where the characters can overlap in a realistic looking way. If they leave that space they will overlap like in the fullscreen barbershop. The more windows you add the more likely you are to have performance issues, the larger the space between windows the more likely you are to have weird looking stuff happen (body parts overlapping in unrealistic looking ways). 

@Mange2020 fair enough.

I have an another question this time:

I made a simple animation to test this out, and the animation does load and move, however the characters are kind of floating ? also don't seem to be lined up well either:

image.png.844ea855fa65d4482a99ed947b6765b2.png

'non-toggle' view looks about as expected:

image.png.6a1e5f35bf90c028cbad52b86c1403d4.png

I don't really think it's related to perspective as moving the whole thing around in blender doesn't seem to make any difference:

image.png.19eef3dfe47c9c61126380be88cdd2e0.png

I could not get the versions of blender / PDX Blender Tools you specified to work, but i was able to import / edit / export & run your animation using the latest versions anyway, so i would be surprised if that was the issue.

Just wondering if this is an issue you've run into in the past to save myself some time investigating further.

Thanks!

10 minutes ago, 420Edon said:

@Mange2020 fair enough.

I have an another question this time:

I made a simple animation to test this out, and the animation does load and move, however the characters are kind of floating ? also don't seem to be lined up well either:

image.png.844ea855fa65d4482a99ed947b6765b2.png

'non-toggle' view looks about as expected:

image.png.6a1e5f35bf90c028cbad52b86c1403d4.png

I don't really think it's related to perspective as moving the whole thing around in blender doesn't seem to make any difference:

image.png.19eef3dfe47c9c61126380be88cdd2e0.png

I could not get the versions of blender / PDX Blender Tools you specified to work, but i was able to import / edit / export & run your animation using the latest versions anyway, so i would be surprised if that was the issue.

Just wondering if this is an issue you've run into in the past to save myself some time investigating further.

Thanks!

The problem I ran into with importing/exporting animations was specific to the height additive animation. Parts of the body shrunk like they were supposed to and parts didn't it was real weird. Might work fine for other animations. The top animation looks like its mostly fine. The only issue is that you need to move the camera down a bit. From your blender screenshot it seems like their feet are on that grid. They need to be below that. The camera is focused on 0,0 so that will be the center of your shot. For reference I've taken a screen of what my animation looks like in blender. It's not necessarily intuitive but after struggling to get an animation on screen for a while I decided it was the easiest frame of reference.

Besides the floating thing I'm pretty sure them not being lined up is just the clothing. The clothing doesn't have independent bones/vertices like you would like so the distance between the leg and the edge of the skirt is the same if the character is standing or sitting. And since paradox made the blendshape for standing it looks a bit off in that position. You should be able to compensate by raising the other character.

sex animation.PNG

3 minutes ago, Moomoomaster69 said:

I have a problem where whenever I try to install this mod it says that the mod descriptor file is missing or nonexistent. I followed all the steps you did though. Do you know what might be causing this?

My guess would be that you haven't combined the files correctly. If you send a screenshot of the inside of the folder I can tell you for sure based on the names I see.

13 minutes ago, Mange2020 said:

The problem I ran into with importing/exporting animations was specific to the height additive animation. Parts of the body shrunk like they were supposed to and parts didn't it was real weird. Might work fine for other animations. The top animation looks like its mostly fine. The only issue is that you need to move the camera down a bit. From your blender screenshot it seems like their feet are on that grid. They need to be below that. The camera is focused on 0,0 so that will be the center of your shot. For reference I've taken a screen of what my animation looks like in blender. It's not necessarily intuitive but after struggling to get an animation on screen for a while I decided it was the easiest frame of reference.

Besides the floating thing I'm pretty sure them not being lined up is just the clothing. The clothing doesn't have independent bones/vertices like you would like so the distance between the leg and the edge of the skirt is the same if the character is standing or sitting. And since paradox made the blendshape for standing it looks a bit off in that position. You should be able to compensate by raising the other character.

sex animation.PNG

Thanks for getting back so quickly.

The whole thing is well bellow the floor:

image.png.c88b68284713c585a45bad44e14ea32b.png

I've moved it up, and moved it down too, im not really getting anywhere it still looks much the same.

I'll look into it further tmrw