[mod] Character Body Overhaul

22 minutes ago, YarskiPl666 said:

I can't promise that he will agree, but i'm sure he would't mind it.(of course i could ask him if it is okey with him, but i don't want to interfere without ur permission. Afterall moders should support themself on the misson which is making the game better in all "various" ways.

Also, yes i may did underestimated how much work it can cause to make it compatible, sorry!

Feel free to ask and lmk, I'm always interested in adding more content. And I'm holding off on working on the animations more until the update anyway, since the royal court feature will probably add stuff that's better than my work arounds.

I'm sorry, I am completely  confused.   Do you need to copy it to the folder, and then modify the genes file in the game as well?  Or does it just need to be unzipped in the correct place?  I thought it was in the correct place, maybe it's a load order issue?

Sorry, it's just an awesome mod, and I've been trying to get it work.

9 hours ago, DecaySociety said:

I'm sorry, I am completely  confused.   Do you need to copy it to the folder, and then modify the genes file in the game as well?  Or does it just need to be unzipped in the correct place?  I thought it was in the correct place, maybe it's a load order issue?

Sorry, it's just an awesome mod, and I've been trying to get it work.

Ignore the modifying gene file stuff, that's just for how you can customize the mod if you like. I try to make it easily customizable, but it requires some modding on the part of the user. If you want to do that, that's fine but I would recommend getting it to work first.

The only thing that's different about this mod versus other mods is that I needed to split it up into 3 folders to make the files small enough to upload. I kept the paths the same though. So you open up male_zip/female_zip and everything that goes inside the gfx folder in there goes inside thte gfx folder in the main char_body_overhaul. Besides that you just place the combined char_body_overhaul and the mod file in the mod folder in documents like any other mod.

Hi @Mange2020 how do we integrate more than one animations in a single trigger event? I was able to play the "hom_sex" animation into the "Make Love" event from Carnalitas following the manual you mentioned in the original post. I just wanna see your other 6 animations that you provided with the latest update and have them all play with a single option/event. Is there any way to play these animations one after another in a sequential order something like this 

triggered_animation = {
                                trigger = { scope:carn_sex_target = { sex_same_as = scope:carn_sex_player } }

animation = hom_sex
                  animation = sex_standing
                  animation = sex_reverse_cowgirl
                  animation = sex_cowgirl        
                  animation = sex_standing_doggy

}

Or multiple instances for each animations like carn_sex_scene.0001 for hom_sex and carn_sex_scene.0002 for sex_standing and options to trigger them separately on the event window. I'm still trying to figure it out and look more into it and thanks for this amazing mod.

Edited by dWarden18
4 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

Ignore the modifying gene file stuff, that's just for how you can customize the mod if you like. I try to make it easily customizable, but it requires some modding on the part of the user. If you want to do that, that's fine but I would recommend getting it to work first.

The only thing that's different about this mod versus other mods is that I needed to split it up into 3 folders to make the files small enough to upload. I kept the paths the same though. So you open up male_zip/female_zip and everything that goes inside the gfx folder in there goes inside thte gfx folder in the main char_body_overhaul. Besides that you just place the combined char_body_overhaul and the mod file in the mod folder in documents like any other mod.

Hmmm.  I'll try it again on a test run.  I wasn't able to get it to load, but I fixed that but when I did, it didn't seem to have any effect, except that the one character I had used a spouse designer for went completely flatchested, and I'm thinking it might have done the same for the genes for the ruler designer character that I made (but male, so no way to see.)  I had a cheat menu I use generate a new female character but that looked normal as well.

2 hours ago, DecaySociety said:

Hmmm.  I'll try it again on a test run.  I wasn't able to get it to load, but I fixed that but when I did, it didn't seem to have any effect, except that the one character I had used a spouse designer for went completely flatchested, and I'm thinking it might have done the same for the genes for the ruler designer character that I made (but male, so no way to see.)  I had a cheat menu I use generate a new female character but that looked normal as well.

The issue is probably that cheat menu. Its a known problem. It seems to get the game to generate characters with the gene template average_clothed applied to them. Don't know why. Usually it just makes characters look skinnier than they should so people don't notice. Its what the developers use to make sure characters don't clip out of their clothing. 

2 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

The issue is probably that cheat menu. Its a known problem. It seems to get the game to generate characters with the gene template average_clothed applied to them. Don't know why. Usually it just makes characters look skinnier than they should so people don't notice. Its what the developers use to make sure characters don't clip out of their clothing. 

YEah, and the it's the Daddy Pika cheat menu, so probably to big and complex to fix/make compatible . . . ugh.  Wonder what would happen if I let it load without it, and then re-enabled it. . .I wouldn't be able to do a custom character, but I could change their traits later . . . 

9 hours ago, dWarden18 said:

Hi @Mange2020 how do we integrate more than one animations in a single trigger event? I was able to play the "hom_sex" animation into the "Make Love" event from Carnalitas following the manual you mentioned in the original post. I just wanna see your other 6 animations that you provided with the latest update and have them all play with a single option/event. Is there any way to play these animations one after another in a sequential order something like this 

triggered_animation = {
                                trigger = { scope:carn_sex_target = { sex_same_as = scope:carn_sex_player } }

animation = hom_sex
                  animation = sex_standing
                  animation = sex_reverse_cowgirl
                  animation = sex_cowgirl        
                  animation = sex_standing_doggy

}

Or multiple instances for each animations like carn_sex_scene.0001 for hom_sex and carn_sex_scene.0002 for sex_standing and options to trigger them separately on the event window. I'm still trying to figure it out and look more into it and thanks for this amazing mod.

So there's a way to do what you are talking about but not in that way. Adding an animation to the the game is a multi step process, coding it into the event is just the last step, I've just done all the previous steps in this mod. But stringing animations together needs to be done earlier in the process. 

Basically the animations are .anim files that you find in gfx\models\portraits divided between male/female head/body. Inside these folders are asset files, basically everything that goes into the character models are defined in these asset files. In the asset files you assign each .anim file an animation Id.

animation = { id = "body_AI_honorable"                type = "female_body_AI_honorable_1.anim" }

Further down in the asset file you assign the animation states and this is where you can string different animations together

state = {    name = "AI_honorable_entry"                animation = "body_AI_honorable" chance = 10 looping = no next_state = "AI_honorable_2" }

So this state will always start with body_AI_honorable and then go to AI_honorable_2.

These states are then used in the animation files in gfx\portraits\portrait_animations where it defines what state to use for both the head and torso animation.

AI_honorable = {
            animation = { head = "AI_honorable_entry" torso = "AI_honorable_entry" }

So this allows you to use the AI_honorable animation in events (its actually just included in ambient animations) that strings together AI_honorable_1 and AI_honorable_2.

This is a bit complicated to do in practice but I'm thinking about using it to create more full scenes if I ever actually get better at animation to the point where I can make that many. I'm kind of hoping the new royal court expansion will help.

46 minutes ago, nobuyussa said:

So I'm certain I missed something or did something

I tested the "make love" event copying and pasting the "carn_example_sex_scene_event.txt" in page 8.  and got this

honestly I thought it was pretty funny to share but I'd like to know what exactly went wrong

You didn't click the button.

"(Edit: I realized this needed to be placed somewhere visible. If you have the animation coded into an event you will now need to click on the event theme icon in the top left hand corner of the event window. I've turned this icon into a button that toggles whether to use the multi character cameras or the vanilla cameras. This will prevent any issues with floating characters, enable you to code your animations to any of the five portrait character slots, and eventually it will enable up to five characters per animation (if the engine can handle it) without messing up every vanilla event animation.)"

This is a great mod, thanks mange.

A recommendation for yourself or others making animations, since its looped, it looks weird if you have the intro of them crawling over every time. Best to just have them engaging in intercourse from the beginning.

Edited by SittingDuck
12 hours ago, SittingDuck said:

This is a great mod, thanks mange.

A recommendation for yourself or others making animations, since its looped, it looks weird if you have the intro of them crawling over every time. Best to just have them engaging in intercourse from the beginning.

Yeah it was the first animation I ever made so I wanted to see if I make that motion look realistic (its difficult from an animation standpoint). The newer animations included are actually made to loop. It also helps because they tend to get out of sync in game.

hey, u know why my guy looks like this. I kind of only want the animations and not the neck tumors and deformed chest. I have your physical attributes mod enabled too and no other mod that *should affect character genes. The second image is the guy without this mod enable but still with physical attributes. The portrait looks much more normal. 

wat.PNG

normal.PNG

I feel like im just stupid and didn't extract and paste the correct files

Edited by Moomoomaster69
4 hours ago, Moomoomaster69 said:

hey, u know why my guy looks like this. I kind of only want the animations and not the neck tumors and deformed chest. I have your physical attributes mod enabled too and no other mod that *should affect character genes. The second image is the guy without this mod enable but still with physical attributes. The portrait looks much more normal. 

wat.PNG

normal.PNG

I feel like im just stupid and didn't extract and paste the correct files

A different mod you have working is not correctly undressing your character in the character creation screen. There's a character shape that the game uses prevent clipping through clothing and that's what you are seeing. Probably a mod that effects clothing. A ton of other mods seem to not notice, but my mod adds additional things that prevent clipping through clothing. So that's basically a combination of a body builder's traps and a body that's not meant to be visible. If you look earlier in this thread you'll see people with similar issues. Unfortunately not really my mod's problem.

18 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

Yeah it was the first animation I ever made so I wanted to see if I make that motion look realistic (its difficult from an animation standpoint). The newer animations included are actually made to loop. It also helps because they tend to get out of sync in game.

Am I able to access the newer animations in the current file, or are they coming in another update?

2 hours ago, SittingDuck said:

Am I able to access the newer animations in the current file, or are they coming in another update?

2 hours ago, IvanKyoshiro said:

So I see there is new sex animations in the changelog, but how do we trigger it?

Current file, in the change log I give a list you in order to code for them its the same as the example, just instead of 

animation = sex

replace with

animation = sex_missionary (or which ever one)

As I said none of them are completed, still feel like I haven't made a good animation yet, but its at least some variety.

On 6/3/2021 at 5:02 PM, anotherone123 said:

So, i'm really new to this so still a bit lost.

So to change Carnalitas example sex scene.

Do I just replace
left_portrait = {
        character = scope:carn_sex_target
        animation = flirtation_left
    }

with the example given?

Yes.

Left_portrait, right_portrait etc. refers to a position in the event window. Then you specify the character in that position and what they are doing/wearing. 

17 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

A different mod you have working is not correctly undressing your character in the character creation screen. There's a character shape that the game uses prevent clipping through clothing and that's what you are seeing. Probably a mod that effects clothing. A ton of other mods seem to not notice, but my mod adds additional things that prevent clipping through clothing. So that's basically a combination of a body builder's traps and a body that's not meant to be visible. If you look earlier in this thread you'll see people with similar issues. Unfortunately not really my mod's problem.

Would community flavor pack do that

18 hours ago, Moomoomaster69 said:

Would community flavor pack do that

Absolutely. My fix for this issue is in 01_clothes in portrait modifiers. That's the file in the base game that determines a character's clothing and changes their body shape. The community flavor pack's 01_clothing is overwriting the one in this mod that makes it so characters in the ruler designer don't have the clothed (weird) body shape. Then you have a third mod that removes the clothing in the ruler designer. The community flavor pack assumes a clothed ruler designer like the base game. The community flavor pack may cause other issues because the clothing doesn't have the right animation rig or character shapes. I'm working on compatibility since it seems to be a popular thing.

8 hours ago, konstrukter said:

I think you made it not just compatible with Simple Shaft/Slit. You made them a requirement. Without them especially the woman just spaz out. 

This isn't true. My models have a higher vertex count than other models (gives you fewer sharp angles) and won't work with other models (that's why the spazing out happens). You have some other conflict, though without seeing what else you have running I have no clue what it is. 

2 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

Absolutely. My fix for this issue is in 01_clothes in portrait modifiers. That's the file in the base game that determines a character's clothing and changes their body shape. The community flavor pack's 01_clothing is overwriting the one in this mod that makes it so characters in the ruler designer don't have the clothed (weird) body shape. Then you have a third mod that removes the clothing in the ruler designer. The community flavor pack assumes a clothed ruler designer like the base game. The community flavor pack may cause other issues because the clothing doesn't have the right animation rig or character shapes. I'm working on compatibility since it seems to be a popular thing.

So I disabled all my mods except carnalitas and this mod. I tested it and the man still looks like a nightmare demon. 

Capture.PNG