[mod] Character Body Overhaul

Thank you for your response. I appreciate all of the information, i wish i was half as proficient as you at the graphical side of this game, all i understand is the code.
I made the edit you suggested above and im not sure i notice any difference? what is this supposed to achieve?:
setting = { attribute = "bs_body_breast_shape_1" value = { min = -3.0 max = 3.0 } age = age_preset_puberty  }
min went from .5 and max from 1.5. everything else is the same.

Is there a line that can limit the maximum amount of your new morph gets shown? like can i limit the sliders to only go to 80% of what your current maximum is?

3 hours ago, megamorph014 said:

Thank you for your response. I appreciate all of the information, i wish i was half as proficient as you at the graphical side of this game, all i understand is the code.
I made the edit you suggested above and im not sure i notice any difference? what is this supposed to achieve?:
setting = { attribute = "bs_body_breast_shape_1" value = { min = -3.0 max = 3.0 } age = age_preset_puberty  }

Is there a line that can limit the maximum amount of your new morph gets shown? like can i limit the sliders to only go to 80% of what your current maximum is?

Happy to help, all this stuff seems really intimidating until you start to understand it. I downloaded Blender (the modelling software) in October, and couldn't figure out how to get it to work. I didn't actually start doing anything until like January, just learned by poking around. Stuff like GUI editing is still super intimidating to me, I've done it a few times but I'm always sure I'm gonna somehow break everything. 

Also, I'm pretty eager to teach other people how to get the gene file to work. I'm hoping that we can get an active animating community together, and I feel like that will be helped by having a standardized set of shapes (so the animator can more easily predict how things will interact with each other). So I made the shapes to be versatile, but that only works if individuals are able to modify it to their personal preference.

So a quick rundown of how the game determines character shapes. Every shape adjustment is determined by a blendshape or an additive animation, and each of these is tied to an attribute. Not gonna get into the additive animation at the moment. But with a blendshape any attribute with a value of 0 looks like the base model, everything with a value of 1 looks like the blendshape (anything in the gene file that starts with a "bs") anything between 0 and 1 is a mix. And of course you can apply multiple blendshapes so you have a muscular shape and a big breast shape combine to create a muscular woman with big breasts. And these attributes are determined in the genes.

Every character has two of every morph gene, one dominant one recessive. The exceptions are "special genes" like pregnancy that characters can be given. Each gene has a template and a value. I honestly don't know where in a character's DNA the gene value is, and I've tried to find it, but I know you can use portrait modifiers to change it. Each gene's value is on a scale from 0 to 1. You'll get an error if your portrait modifiers go outside this scale. 

What that gene does to the character is determined by the template of the dominant gene and the value of the gene. From here it's just math so the example I gave you. 

bust_shape_1_full = { 
        visible = no
        index = 3 
        female = { 
            setting = { attribute = "bs_body_breast_size_min" value = { min = 1.0 max = -1.0 } age = age_preset_puberty  } 
            setting = { attribute = "bs_body_breast_size_2_max" value = { min = -0.5 max = 0.5 }  age = age_preset_puberty } 
            setting = { attribute = "bs_body_breast_shape_2" value = { min = 0.5 max = 1.5 } age = age_preset_aging_secondary_full  } 

The min tells the game what value of the attribute to apply at a gene value of 0 and the max tells the game what to apply at a gene value of 1.0 with the caveat that a gene can't actually do anything less than 0 (except height is unique). So the reason what the game uses negative numbers is apply the blendshape only between specific values. So what I was trying to do for you hear was apply more of bs_body_breast_shape_1 to small breasts. -3 and 3 are balanced so the the gene isn't going to apply until 50% of the gene value. At that point the perky breast shape applies rapidly, until at 66% of the gene value its fully applied and can't be applied any more. My bs_body_breast_size_2_max blendshape is equal to the paradox one at about 67.5 so that should mean that a character with that gene template and that gene value should look like a character in the base game with this gene template and full breast size. 

However, none of this would matter if you weren't looking at a character with this specific gene template. And no clothed character is given this template. All clothed characters are given bust_clothed (bs_body_shape does something similar).

All of this is a long winded wat of saying if you want to go back the original size change every gene with bs_body_breast_size_2_max to 
setting = { attribute = "bs_body_breast_size_2_max" value = { min = -0.17 max = 0.17 }  age = age_preset_puberty } 
and bs_body_breast_size_max to
setting = { attribute = "bs_body_breast_size_max" value = { min = -0.17 max = 0.17 }  age = age_preset_puberty }  

Since it balances the breast size max shape would only start to apply at 0. And the maximum that will apply is 0.17, which is about the same size as the base paradox mesh.

and I would also change bs_body_breast_shape_1 in "bust_shape_1_full" back to the paradox original 
setting = { attribute = "bs_body_breast_shape_1" value = { min = 0.5 max = 1.5 } age = age_preset_puberty  } 

In making these I tried to come up with a size that (to me) seemed vaguely realistic. Like obviously not many people are walking around with asses, tits, and dicks this big but I think they exist (I actually think the penis is too big, but its too late now). But I also left a bunch of slack on the other end, so if people wanted things cartoonishly big they can (I'm kind of planning on using the rest of the mesh for magic/mystic events).

4 hours ago, megamorph014 said:

To get back to relatively vanilla breast shapes, replace every instance of

setting = { attribute = "bs_body_breast_size_2_max" value = { min = -0.5 max = 0.5 }  age = age_preset_puberty }

with

setting = { attribute = "bs_body_breast_size_2_max" value = { min = -0.2 max = 0.2 }  age = age_preset_puberty }

Test it out using the "pe" or "portrait_editor" console command and see if the scale is to your liking.

Personally I use min = 0 and max = 0.25 to get a bigger range than vanilla without getting ridiculous. Body shapes/types, fat and pregnancy add to the size, so I like to leave some leeway.., and it makes the average breasts actually average (vanilla's are a bit too small at 50%).

I also change every instance of

setting = { attribute = "bs_body_breast_size_min" value = { min = 1.0 max = -1.0 } age = age_preset_puberty  }

to

setting = { attribute = "bs_body_breast_size_min" value = { min = 1.0 max = -4.0 } age = age_preset_puberty  }

This second change combined with min = 0 for bs_body_breast_size_2_max will make the breast distribution much more linear, rather than having anything below <33% basically be flat.

To get to 80% of the author's max, go with min = -0.4 max = 0.4 in the bs_body_breast_size_2 .

I'm currently working on finding some good values for butts, since they scale way too hard and are way too big even before other modifiers like fat/muscle/bodyshapes are applied.

On 3/6/2021 at 9:48 PM, Mange2020 said:

Fair question, I included some basic stuff but I can be more detailed about how to code in the animations. Below is what I currently have scripted in my events that use this animation. This would only work for heterosexual sex because I separate homosexual and heterosexual sex into different event chains. If you replace the scopes with whatever scope is relevant to that particular event it should work.

right_portrait = {
        character = scope:sex_event_root_character
        animation = sex
        triggered_outfit = {
            trigger = { should_be_naked_trigger = no }
            remove_default_outfit = yes
            outfit_tags = { no_clothes }
        }
    }
    lower_right_portrait = {
         character = scope:sex_event_partner
        animation = sex
        triggered_outfit = {
        }
    }

You could however use a triggered animation so that the event will work for either heterosexual or homosexual sex. Like this.

lower_right_portrait = {
        CHARACTER = scope:sex_event_partner

triggered_animation = {
                trigger = { scope:sex_event_partner = { sex_opposite_of = scope:sex_event_root_character } }
                animation = sex
            }

triggered_animation = {
                trigger = { scope:sex_event_partner = { Not = { sex_opposite_of = scope:sex_event_root_character } } }
                animation = hom_sex
            }
        triggered_outfit = {
        }
    }

Anything more specific kind of relates back to why I didn't include any default events in the mod. In order to include a default event I would need to write an event from the bottom up. Any event requires a bunch of parts, how is it being fired? what does it say? what does it do? how does it effect your gameplay? Writing localization (my least favorite thing). All of these parts would be a bunch of work for me and provide ways where the mod might conflict with other mods. It's comparatively easy to modify an event that you are already writing to use the animation. 

I'm writing mods that will use this stuff, but they aren't ready. What's included here is mainly stuff that I wrote for those other mods I'm working on that I realized could be used by other people by itself.

People can we please speak up a voice for this chad here making this mod avaible, lets spread the word so more modders can take this animation mod and learn the hot stuff

20 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

So in order to work with Simple Shafts/Slits my mod needs to be loaded after those mods. So it needs to be lower in the load order.

i have tried again but it still failed.what about your previous upload one?am i have to use it? there's still some saved games in could,are they influence the game running?

4 hours ago, inexpertus0483 said:

i have tried again but it still failed.what about your previous upload one?am i have to use it? there's still some saved games in could,are they influence the game running?

I would use the most recent upload but that's just because it fixes an issue with the animations in game. Both should run. I don't think the save games should be an issue, I still have save games that were created before making this mod. I would suggest turning off all mods and running them one at a time to see what happens. Also if you can send me an English version of your error log, I can give it a look to see where the problem is (I honestly don't know how the language difference would work there).

14 hours ago, keksdik said:

To get back to relatively vanilla breast shapes, replace every instance of

setting = { attribute = "bs_body_breast_size_2_max" value = { min = -0.5 max = 0.5 }  age = age_preset_puberty }

with

setting = { attribute = "bs_body_breast_size_2_max" value = { min = -0.2 max = 0.2 }  age = age_preset_puberty }

Test it out using the "pe" or "portrait_editor" console command and see if the scale is to your liking.

Personally I use min = 0 and max = 0.25 to get a bigger range than vanilla without getting ridiculous. Body shapes/types, fat and pregnancy add to the size, so I like to leave some leeway.., and it makes the average breasts actually average (vanilla's are a bit too small at 50%).

I also change every instance of

setting = { attribute = "bs_body_breast_size_min" value = { min = 1.0 max = -1.0 } age = age_preset_puberty  }

to

setting = { attribute = "bs_body_breast_size_min" value = { min = 1.0 max = -4.0 } age = age_preset_puberty  }

This second change combined with min = 0 for bs_body_breast_size_2_max will make the breast distribution much more linear, rather than having anything below <33% basically be flat.

To get to 80% of the author's max, go with min = -0.4 max = 0.4 in the bs_body_breast_size_2 .

I'm currently working on finding some good values for butts, since they scale way too hard and are way too big even before other modifiers like fat/muscle/bodyshapes are applied.

Yeah I was trying to be inclusive of the larger side of natural breasts that I've seen, which is like an L but that's definitely the exception and not the rule. I would guess that the vanilla max is like a D or DD. Thing is the modern average is a 34DD (saw some things saying DDD). The game seems to have the base model around a B (which is what most people think of as average) and its what was average like 50 years ago. Thing is we don't really know why, could be that birth control is making breasts larger (in which case medieval breasts should be smaller) or it could just be that women 50 years ago weren't empowered to talk about cup sizes and they were systematically wearing the wrong size (in which case the modern estimate is more accurate). This isn't super relevant since its really about your preference just interesting.

Anyway, I agree that any combination of blendshapes that hits the same body part ends up being problematic. I'm planning on creating a method to deal with that using portrait modifiers in the upcoming mod I'm working on.

16 hours ago, Bustanut2 said:

Sorry to ask this mate, But how do I install it?

No worries. Once you download the file you will need to unzip it. Inside the unzipped folder is another folder and a MOD file. Select both and copy/paste those into your mod folder. Your mod folder should be located at Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod the game uses that file for stuff like save games and mods. Once those files are in the right place you just start the CK3 launcher. 

In the launcher there is a list on the left side, select playset. In that window there should be a button that says "ADD MORE MODS". You should be able to select it and add it from there.

On 3/11/2021 at 7:56 PM, Mange2020 said:

No worries. Once you download the file you will need to unzip it. Inside the unzipped folder is another folder and a MOD file. Select both and copy/paste those into your mod folder. Your mod folder should be located at Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod the game uses that file for stuff like save games and mods. Once those files are in the right place you just start the CK3 launcher. 

In the launcher there is a list on the left side, select playset. In that window there should be a button that says "ADD MORE MODS". You should be able to select it and add it from there.

Hey man, for some reason the mod isn't showing up in my "Add More Mods" section.

Did I do something wrong?

can you post a couple pictures of what the sex scenes look like, besides the one you psoted above? 

Also, would this be compatible with the futanaris in Simple Shafts for her/carnalitas?

And finally, is there a version of the penis with less of a head shape, it looks very angular. 

3 hours ago, IndianaTK said:

Hey man, for some reason the mod isn't showing up in my "Add More Mods" section.

Did I do something wrong?

Have you downloaded and installed a different mod from here before? It should be the same process I think. My ability to troubleshoot on this is limited because any mod I make is automatically installed in my game. My only thought is that you might have pasted the wrong files. There are two folders labelled "char_body_overhaul" one inside the other, you need to paste the inside folder. 

Other than that I would try to download a different file and see if you can.

2 hours ago, bobgasyon said:

can you post a couple pictures of what the sex scenes look like, besides the one you psoted above? 

Also, would this be compatible with the futanaris in Simple Shafts for her/carnalitas?

And finally, is there a version of the penis with less of a head shape, it looks very angular. 

Sorry, the events I used to pull the animations up and test it aren't really working right now. A result of moving code around. I will upload some pictures when I can.

I haven't tested compatibility with simple shafts for her personally but that is an attachment so there is no reason it wouldn't be compatible. The female penis would be the simple shafts original.

It is compatible with Simple Shafts Carnalitas this mod needs to be lower in the load order than Simple Shafts Carnalitas. My files would overwrite most of the simple shafts files, except having both would create compatibility for the Carnalitas penis size traits, and allow it to be modifiable in the ruler designer.

If you are asking about Carnalitas itself, it should be 100% compatible. The two mods don't touch the same files. Part of the reason I didn't include events or anything was to make sure I only touched files dealing with graphics.

I'm curious whether you mean the erect or flacid penis. Regardless the answer is no. Everything I have I put in here. When I started doing this I kind of obsessed over stuff being too angular but at a certain point you just don't have enough vertices. I eventually realized that even the paradox models are a bit angular if you look closely enough. I honestly think the head does more to hide this than anything else. 

when trying to extract the files, im also getting a repeated error message that a  script is too long, specifically related to a file which had something to do with catholic clothes and breasts. Not sure the exact file name while im writing this, but not sure how to fix it. 

12 hours ago, bobgasyon said:

when trying to extract the files, im also getting a repeated error message that a  script is too long, specifically related to a file which had something to do with catholic clothes and breasts. Not sure the exact file name while im writing this, but not sure how to fix it. 

Only file named like that is female_clothes_religious_catholic_devoted_01_bs_breast_size_max but that's a .mesh file. Meaning I didn't add any script to it just imported and exported it from the modeling software. What compression program are you using? Since I think its working for most other people that might be the issue. I'm using 7 zip. I could create a zipped folder without that one file and just send a non compressed version of that one file separately, but I suspect you would just see the same error with a different file.

7 hours ago, cassidymurphy82@gmail.com said:

Downloaded several times. Same dozen or so errors pop up in unzip. Wont appear in mod list after unzip. Certain its going into right folder for unzip, any idea what the problem can be ?

Sounds like two problems the unzipping and the installing.

As to the unzipping I have no clue except to suggest you download 7-Zip it is free and that is the only program I can say with certainty will not give you those errors.

The installation may be related to the unzipping process. But still I would suggest you try to install a different mod from this site in order to isolate the issue.

18 hours ago, Barcat12 said:

how to I make an event with the animations 

I posted the code you would need earlier in this thread to put into the events earlier in this thread. If you mean how to make an event from scratch the game files have helpful walkthroughs included to help modders, which I've attached.

_events.info

2 hours ago, ramar9531 said:

Any update as to if this was added to Carnalitas or a ETA for a possible update. The moment I saw your mod I thought this would be a great addition to it. Looking forward to a possible integration.

I just discussed some stuff with Mange2020 and I'm planning to make this mod a prerequisite for Carnalitas when the next Carnalitas update comes out.

i resolved the earlier issue using winrar rather than the inbuilt windows extractor, which seemingly worked

im now having an issue with load order. If i put it behind simple slits/shafts, it reapplies the fig leaf and also fucks with the size of the male penis, but if i put it ahead of them, then it’s fine for the women, but it yeets the man out of existence. 

whether it precedes or succeeds simple shafts for carnalitas and simple shafts for her is irrelevant. 

My working theory is carnalitas, which activates penis size variety through traits and genetics, has some issue with how this mod does penises, which causes the fig leafs to reappear and the penis to be messed with in the models. I’m not a modder and i don’t understand programming so this could be very much off-base.