Hip Up sliders

Hi all!

I have been satisfied with simmies' body with tones of sliders users have made so far, except for their hip. I've searched for slider that can solve this problem so long, but I couldn't meet it. So I decided to make one, even though I had no idea at all about using any of cc programs.

On this page, there are two sliders here. They look very similar, but they do have differences, though it's hard to notice.

Pelvis Height Slider

495391828_ezgif.com-gif-maker(2).gif.8d0a9c90247dd294bbea56de0af94cb9.gif

849039330_ezgif.com-gif-maker(3).gif.19b0c8c1d1d0d58070589d5626f36a57.gif

Vertical Hip Slider

696331720_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1).gif.1baaed811ca3bfb6954ef190fa251487.gifezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.a7262a3d832a3ddc660e20df4b004723.gif

Pelvis Height Slider adjusts line between thigh and butt. and feet are stable. Meanwhile, Vertical Hip Slider works with whole bottom body, which means there's slight shaking in their feet. I have no idea how to fix it, it looks more tricky than making slider.(In MTS they said that it's joint problem.)

So I personally recommend you to use two sliders together to make your simmies' hip up.

The 'pelvis' height slider looks very promising for users of sexual animations. It, unlike the second slider, doesn't appear to make any noticeable changes to the foot position on the floor. This mean there is a good chance it won't cause unwanted leg positions when the slider is used more 'force-ably'.

Given the way a Sims 'crotch' bulges out when bending at the hips (severe kneeling/pulling the legs 'back') causes the ass to all but disappear. Perhaps I can find a combination of slider settings to help 'ease' this.

BTW - Gratz on stepping up to the plate, making sense of tools you've never messed with before, and ultimately 'doing it yourself'.

30 minutes ago, CHboom! said:

Feet trembling issue

I'm not claiming your CC does this. I only refer to my own experience with other sliders that move the feet forward or backwards on the floor when adjusted always seem to cause a mis-alignment with the bending of the knees. They will generally not allow the knee to bend to the default angle and change the final angle to more or less of the target value. Less means the legs appear 'straighter' when sitting, and more can cause the feet to pass into/beyond the thighs when bending in many of the sex animations - appearing to have bent in the 'opposite' direction as if knee caps don't exist. The Butt Mass sliders are notorious for this.

As always, small changes to these sliders can be acceptable, while using them to create specific body shapes will have a negative affect on animations which push the skeleton beyond the default ones used by EA. The following screen shot shows a woman with an amazing 'booty' and her walking and general appearance is fine. I also know every time she engages in Woohoo animation where her knees bend, that her feet WILL pass through the thighs creating some visuals I could do without. Sliders were 'made' for visual effect, not animation friendly.

Spoiler

Screenshot-878.jpg.f5ca85925cd83c4b6d6190a133e3f0c2.jpg

The Sim above with black hair/pink highlights is the one. Looks fine walking but geesh - when the woohoo begins - it isn't pretty. This is why I became a fan of custom bodies which incorporate non-default appearances, but accept animations without issue. The main problem with these is a lack of clothing options reflecting the new body shape. JoshQ has been addressing this with his 'Med-Bod' line of CC, and Nonsequitur has been slowly increasing options for various downloads as well. "Paint-on clothes" (I call them) don't suffer if created as an accessory since they are just a texture added to the shape used from one of the 3 clothing options (top/bottom/full)

I do use these, but very specifically:

Spoiler

Screenshot-117.jpg.abb0e9c5565989e47336299b47a880f2.jpgScreenshot-821.jpg.50a4513e551d7cf47c47114eb85be542.jpg

Even raising the hips too much will cause the legs to do funny things when just 'dancing'for example. Been playing with sliders enough to appreciate the aesthetics, while also being witness to the 'dark side'.

1 hour ago, landess said:

I only refer to my own experience with other sliders that move the feet forward or backwards on the floor when adjusted always seem to cause a mis-alignment with the bending of the knees.

1 hour ago, landess said:

I also know every time she engages in Woohoo animation where her knees bend, that her feet WILL pass through the thighs creating some visuals I could do without.

I do have same experience as well!!! Weirdly distorted legs, no calves and feet at all. So I tried to avoid that problem because woohoo animation is quite important as well. :) Thanks for sharing your experience!

9 hours ago, ~Hela~ said:

There so little sliders

I always wonder sometimes if I'm playing the same game as others....?

Below I made a shot combining all the options I have when looking in 'mouth'. This doesn't include the sliders in 'upper' lip and 'lower' lip.

Head, Cheeks, Jaw, Chin, Ears, Eyes, Eyelid, Eyeshape, Brows, Nose, Nose tip, Nose bridge, Nostrils, on and on - and CC makers have to decide which section to list their creations in - sometimes odd choices because of saturation in a location or possible name duplication, etc.

Regardless, I agree to disagree with the statement - 'so little'....     I myself have so many I have never sat down and simply counted them all just for a total number. I also admit I have NOT downloaded all I have found - and probably have way more than I need (who 'needs' 2 completely different amputation slider sets? The other set I have is located in Nose)

1542922693_BasicMouthSliders.png.46a281e378540d57bffacaf1adbda23b.png

>>>> Yes - I'm still thankful when anyone spends time creating CC for the Sims 3. It IS my Sims game of choice!  I sometimes am envious of the Sims 4 - but then I stop and remember the majority of that CC is either shit, or made only to pad 'paywall/patreon' locked CC. When the Sims 5 launches and the gravy train ends because 5 will likely deny use of player made CC, it will be interesting to see what happens.....  ?

Well I guess, I didn't express myself properly. When I say that there " is little sliders", I meant for female body and particular parts such as butt, abdominal, breasts. And my comment was to admire creator who did goob job on giving more options to improve certain parts. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Awesome job! I especially love the Vertical Hip Slider that seems to compact the ass a little into a more bubble butt shape.

Question - Will this hip slider conflict with any other hip sliders that you know of?

On 4/1/2021 at 2:11 PM, Pelaotranquilo said:

Wich sliders do you recommend for butt, hips and waist shape ?

Any sliders will work well :) There are bunch of sliders you can get, and they will do work perfectly.

3 hours ago, TAman said:

Will this hip slider conflict with any other hip sliders that you know of?

I can’t tell you exactly, but I think all of hip sliders will not conflict with these sliders. I don’t have any trouble so far. So fell free to use them :)

2 hours ago, CHboom! said:

I can’t tell you exactly, but I think all of hip sliders will not conflict with these sliders. I don’t have any trouble so far. So fell free to use them :)

Looks to me you are right. I got around to testing it and no conflicts that I noticed. At least not with the related hip sliders I got. BTW here are the related sliders I got in case anyone wants to know whether your hip sliders will work with them or not;

1. Jonha's 10 New CAS Sliders.
  2. Anderson.gsm's BodyShapeSliders.
  3. OneEuroMutt's  Butt-Waist Height Sliders (and just case I checked this too) Leg Height Sliders.

( and just in case to be really sure, although I can't think why it would conflict with this one )

1. Cmar NYC Sims Height Slider.

So there you go! Now we all know.? No conflicts with those sliders.

P.S. Any chance you might do so more sliders sometime in the future? Say for example, like a belly slider that slides vertical? There is already one made, but it doesn't quite give a sim the hanging pot belly look, if you know what I mean. ? BTW, thanks for doing this. I love it!

• 2 years later...