Daughter of Coldharbour

A daughter of Coldharbour is a female offering to Molag Bal, those who survive this offering ritual will be granted the gift of a pure blooded Vampire, aye? 

I was wondering how exactly is this Ritual prepared? How is it executed? What happens?

.. so I made this thread hoping to find a few Lore freaks that know anything more in depth, the Vanilla Game never really gets into detail, Serana just skips it over and I dont know of any books that properly explain it

(Maybe therell be a LAL Add on if I get a proper story together *shrugz)

From the wiki...

Pure-blooded vampires are those who were granted vampirism directly from Molag Bal, the creator and patron deity of Vampires. The process is somewhat similar to the creation of the first vampire, Lamae Beolfag—mortals gain their vampirism through a ritual in which members of a family pledge themselves to Molag Bal. Women who survive the horrific ordeal, such as Serana and her mother Valerica, are dubbed "Daughters of Coldharbour."

And 'officially' that's all there is.  So evidently you'd have to be a rabid cultist in a family of rabid cultists (probably degenerate multigenerational ala H.P. Lovecraft) to even be considered for the ritual.  And since you'd have to be willing that precludes you being sane, and I doubt Molag Ballsax would approve of of his victims being drugged or otherwise made to feel less pain.

Unless you're making a goro/horror/snuff mod I'd pick something else.  There's nothing sexy about being raped to death by a 9' tall lizard-bull.

1 hour ago, Scrab said:

I was wondering how exactly is this Ritual prepared? How is it executed? What happens?

.. so I made this thread hoping to find a few Lore freaks that know anything more in depth, the Vanilla Game never really gets into detail, Serana just skips it over and I dont know of any books that properly explain it

I don't think there is any official description of the ritual, given that you get the impression the offering/victim/supplicant is raped, either by Molag Bal or for Molag Bal's viewing pleasure and the event is probably not a particularly private affair,  it's not something Bethesda is likely go into further detail as that would not be a good idea in todays "climate."

I imagine there is plenty of "fan" fiction of it about.

So I think you've pretty much got Carte Blanche to go where and as far as you want with it.

44 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

a rabid cultist in a family of rabid cultists (probably degenerate multigenerational ala H.P. Lovecraft) to even be considered for the ritual.  And since you'd have to be willing that precludes you being sane, and I doubt Molag Ballsax would approve of of his victims being drugged or otherwise made to feel less pain.

Going by Lamae Bals story (its taking it pretty far but this mod aint lore friendly anyway, its more about avoiding to go against what we know for sure), you dont need to be a willing subject to be turned

Lamae, going by uesp, wasnt a willing subject but just unfortunate enough to meet Molag which granted her the Blood of a Vampire after being raped to close death, probably out of pure amusement considering what happened afterwards but still, not a willing subject

Going by that & what you two wrote, I guess my current question would be how do I write it to give Molag a reason a turn you - if I go through with it that is

13 minutes ago, Scrab said:

Going by Lamae Bals story (its taking it pretty far but this mod aint lore friendly anyway, its more about avoiding to go against what we know for sure), you dont need to be a willing subject to be turned

Lamae, going by uesp, wasnt a willing subject but just unfortunate enough to meet Molag which granted her the Blood of a Vampire after being raped to close death, probably out of pure amusement considering what happened afterwards but still, not a willing subject

Going by that & what you two wrote, I guess my current question would be how do I write it to give Molag a reason a turn you - if I go through with it that is

I got the impression that since Lamae, the ritual has been just that, something organised by his followers that Molag Bal partakes in because he is just a little bit rapey.

But, to your question about how the PC would end up, unwillingly, as part of this ritual the only thing that comes to mind at the moment is based on something that Serana said about the ones offering themselves having to be powerful in their own right to be considered. So how about they were short of applications or they hadn't had anyone strong enough to survive ordeal in a while and decide "shanghai" the PC into being their offering. I don't imagine Molag Bal to be the sort to care about things like Consent.

29 minutes ago, Mez558 said:

Serana said about the ones offering themselves having to be powerful in their own right to be considered. So how about they were short of applications

That actually got me an idea:

1) Youre a farmers child of some sort

2) Cultists kidnap you and burn down the farmhouse 

3) Youre being forced to participate in a ritual

4) That ritual teleports you to Coldharbour

Its all SFW till here, Somewhat cruel perhaps but not overly gory, nothing out of Vanilla cruelty at least Id say

The 9ft tall lizard I have to avoid somehow I guess. Unless someone comes around and gives me a cool mesh I dont think thatll happen. Maybe one could deform an Argonian until he looks like that and I just scale him up a lot? Maybe I could edit him so that SL considers him a Giant, would that be fun? Still needed the Argonian preset though

5) After exploring this cell for a while, you come to a small but open area

6) I could do NSFW bits here, I could also make a SFW patch with Dialogue boxes. The hard part here is the Dialogue. How would Molag approach a human victim in his realm

7) After a.. uh.. long eternity you could have a choice

The things that have happened thus far: Youre whole family has been killed, your home has been burned down, you essentialy lost everything. On top of that, youve been forced to particiapte in a ritual that sended you to Coldharbour where you were "tortured" for a long while

Molag Bal isnt interested in the humiliation of a single being per se, its more about witnessing utter domination of humanity in general, if I get that right. So you could have 3 choices here:

You could either just give up and die OR

you swear revenge on either Molag Bal, going the same path Lamae did, in which case Molag would turn you into a Vampire out of pure amusement OR

you swear revenge on humanity/the divines for letting you go through this, in which case Molag would gift you to allow you to express this hatred in proper fashion

15 minutes ago, Scrab said:

The 9ft tall lizard I have to avoid somehow I guess. Unless someone comes around and gives me a cool mesh I dont think thatll happen. Maybe one could deform an Argonian until he looks like that and I just scale him up a lot? Maybe I could edit him so that SL considers him a Giant, would that be fun? Still needed the Argonian preset though

Either that or giving him a sort of an Subsitute Avatar. I mean he is a Deadric Prince, they don't really have a "true" Form as we know it. He could show up as a vampire Lord or just Sheo Like in a Human form. Not saying a giant argonian with Giant Animations wouldn't be a sighte to see.

17 minutes ago, Scrab said:

The hard part here is the Dialogue. How would Molag approach a human victim in his realm

That's not that hard actually. considering he is the King of Rape and Domination he would somewhat talk like a vampire to his cattle. Everything is beneath him so he wouldn't ever ask a question, he would always demand answers and i think he has a No Bullshit attitude, the moment you try to stall for time would be the moment he kills you and looks for another toy? I mean that´s what he do, playing with mortals right? (if he is not in one of his "I want to conquer nirn" Moments that is)

I think Molag Bal is one of the Daedra we pretty much can understand the most because he is basically a Devil Like Existence ?

@Scrab

Pretty sure Lamae was the exception since she was the first 'vampire' created BUT the ordeal killed her.  By implication in Dawnguard and the wiki most people don't survive a giant scaly Daedra raping them.  Take that for what it is.

Making Molag Bal:  What I would do...

Use a dremora and there's a mod running around somewhere (the author of EEO made it) that has deer/goat legs.  Add the goat legs tp your esp as footwear and add the Sexlab Keyword for no strip during sex.  You'd get a demonic looking NPC with horns and hooves, which is better than nothing or just a plain dremora.  The only issue could be the dremora spawning in without a penis.  One way around that is to make your dremora female, BUT vanilla female dremora don't have hair with horns and the face paint.  To avoid all that nonsense use a Dark Elf and make its skin black.  That can be done in the CK.  OR I have custom face paints and assorted hair with horns for Dremora.

dremoraF.png.efdbfbbfd752bcff668a7e217c310787.png

dremoraM.png.330315f7cf60a5011d28ecc9ac83ed1b.png

39 minutes ago, Scrab said:

1) Youre a farmers child of some sort

I would drop the word child and replace it with daughter, just to avoid any confusion.

1 hour ago, Scrab said:

2) Cultists kidnap you and burn down the farmhouse 

You lost me there. With the caveat that this mod isn't going to be Lore Friendly you a can do what you want but... Molag Bal, or his followers, interested in some farmers?
Doesn't exactly follow the impression that Serana gives of being offered to or offering yourself to Molag Bal is considered a privilege amongst his followers and only those with power in their own right are considered worthy of his attention.
Unless, maybe, those followers were looking for suitable sacrifices around Whiterun... Their List had the likes of the Jarl (+offspring), Harbinger of the Companions, Greymane/Battleborn clans and then they heard Nazeem bragging and believed his BS. So they left Whiterun with an over-inflated opinion of Farmers. That works for me :)

1 hour ago, Kendo 2 said:

most people

ye, but most people arent dragonborn either, most people wont be offered to join Clan Volkihar and most people arent offered a daedric relic by a daedric lord directly. Most people prbly wouldnt even manage to clear out entire bandit groups all by themselves for a daily meal

Storytelling is about making things happen that most people cant experience, so most people is kinda w/e

Thanks for the input on Molags design :)

39 minutes ago, Mez558 said:

You lost me there

Ye, this is why I made the thread kind of. I dont care about being picture perfect lore friendly but it should be somewhat believable, not feel disruptive to the game flow

How would you start it? Make the player be part of some crazy cult and going back into consent and make the player undoubtetly crazy from the start?

How much do we know about Seranas pre vampire childhood? How much was she involved in the worshipping? She doesnt sound overly fond of and fanatic towards Molag Bal in game

The issue with the actual turning is another thing, Lamae was the first one, though does that mean that its also the only case in which someone was turned into a pure blooded Vampire unwillingly?

4 hours ago, Scrab said:

How much do we know about Seranas pre vampire childhood? How much was she involved in the worshipping? She doesnt sound overly fond of and fanatic towards Molag Bal in game

She sounds outright disgusted actually. If we take another mod about her in consideration.. And yeah nobody in his right mental state would be full willingly let a monster rape them so we can think of her becoming a daughter of coldharbor more a matter of pressure then everything else.. But let's not get into that or your mod idea won't get further discussed and we all end up talking about a character nobody cares about right now.

And being 100 Pro Lore is a bad thing in my opinion. If everything where lore friendly we wouldn't have most of the awesome quest mods we can enjoy now ^^

If you want to take the farmgirl route go for it. gives me some justified Revenge vibes. (and lets really be honest her, the background of our Pc´s are thin as Paper what the ingame world concerns so you would give some players a good reason to go full psycho or scared Hero route.)

Would it be possible to make it some what gender neutral tho? I mean not being the daughter part of course, but a way to get to the torture part as a male and molag just lets you go without turning like "i am bored now. fuck off."  Would be nice to have a real background story mod :/ If not i fully understand.

(Sometimes I feel like Im stalking this forum ah)

32 minutes ago, Gukahn said:

And being 100 Pro Lore is a bad thing in my opinion. If everything where lore friendly we wouldn't have most of the awesome quest mods we can enjoy now ^^

Agreed, but if someone like Molag is depicted as a cruel tyrann I dont want to design him with a tutu and maxed out restoration. I usually try to respect Lore and unfortunately there doesnt seem to be a lot of it regarding this Ritual.. or rather fortunately?

32 minutes ago, Gukahn said:

Would it be possible to make it some what gender neutral tho? I mean not being the daughter part of course, but a way to get to the torture part as a male and molag just lets you go without turning like "i am bored now. fuck off."  Would be nice to have a real background story mod :/ If not i fully understand.

Thats why phrased it "farmers child" instead of "farmers daughter" :) The idea will be centered around a female player - though I wont put any gender restrictions on anything, not even the dialogue lines

The reason why I chose a farmer is because ruining a farmer existence is something that doesnt need a lot of explanasion inGame. I can create a small house and burn that down somewhere in the world and no1 would really care. If I make you a noble that has their land burned down and no1 is talking about it, that just kinda feels weird

Though I guess with this Voice synthesizer I could create a few lines here and there. "Arent you that noble whose property got burned down, how are you still alive?"

In general, I feel like there should be more aggressive mods now with that Tool to really go and improve dialogue quality by 500%. So much you could do, new racial slurs, more vampire lines, werewolf lines, etcpp. But thats topic for a different mod

.. anyway. My idea was to allow to immerse a bit into this world as a farmers daughter/son. I wanted some sort of backstory that you could develop, a chilled out live n stuff and once that timer ticks down, I would take that all away in a single night

That would be much more immersive, interesting, than simply having you start out in a cell and just have a journal explain everything for you. I wouldnt just tell you about your reason but have you actually play through it. You would also be able to visit that place later

.. thinking about it, making you a noble could technically work really well.. I dont like silent voice Idle Talk but if I can synthesize a few cool lines for Guards.. though then my design philosophy would require me to make this mod far, far more than just a LAL story, prbly coming back to this beginning a few times in your journey but .. dunno

Spoiler

image.png.4cc9bc2fefd35bb593cd1ea50a3fe11a.png

Scary. I assume the guy uses the same Skeleton as a Werewolf? 

Thanks for the lead, Ive also got a PM from someone who made a custom Molag mesh, so maybe the 9ft tall lizard will come into play after all, though how much adult stuff hes capable off Im unsure *shrugz

3 hours ago, Scrab said:

Scary. I assume the guy uses the same Skeleton as a Werewolf? 

Thanks for the lead, Ive also got a PM from someone who made a custom Molag mesh, so maybe the 9ft tall lizard will come into play after all, though how much adult stuff hes capable off Im unsure *shrugz

I added it the CK and yeah, that thing is a werewolf as far as skeleton and base game animations go (idle, turn right, turn left, etc.)  It's like a Dragonborn DLC werebear;  a reskin of something we already had.  If you're planning on spawning it in with your mod you could use the model version that already has a penis and not have to worry about the scripted skin swap from aroused to not aroused.

5 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

@Scrab About Molag Bal...There's a Balrog in More Nasty Critters v9.0. meshes\actors\werewolfbeast\character assets and the files are demon and demonnude.  I've never seen it used in a mod.  Might be worth your time to look at it.

Thanks for reminding me of him again. He pretty much fits for a Molag Avatar. Pro there are enough Werewolf animations you can use for the adult stuff.

Only thing he misses is molags  Blue color sheme.