AAF Family Planning Enhanced Redux

If these questions have been asked I apologize as I could not find any reference. Search skills may be bad, bein late an all.

So, If you get a girl pregnant that is not in a settlement, like Ellie from the detective agency, where does the child wind up? Tried to steal the baby, 0% chance, and failed so I had to kill Ellie. Valentine said the kid was his, put a hit out on me, there was a showdown, I did not want to kill him, ugh, just a big mess. If she keeps the baby, does it stay in Diamond City, can I interact with it? Does it go to a settlement or am I given a choice, or do I lose any rights to the child. Child support caps, hope THAT is not a thing. Could be implemented tho.... father on the run, child avenging, what a story. Anyway, would the answer to this be for all females that are not in a settlement?

Does it matter if you put a child in a workshop or a crib? I had a settler raise a child, mine, and the child became a regular settler. I ask this cause I did read somewhere to do this with the child but I read this AFTER my settler raised the child. Just a random read.

Edited by Velnaus

Okay, never mind on the Ellie situation, she had the kid, raised them, I was able to talk to the kid and was able to send them to a settlement, I hope the other women that are not in a settlement are the same.

Still would like to know about using the crib tho...

Edited by Velnaus
On 2/25/2022 at 12:19 AM, TwilightDreamz said:

config.json 83.45 kB · 0 downloads config.json 58.34 kB · 0 downloads config.json 153.26 kB · 0 downloads

here are my config settings for you to see, I hope they can help you out, in order they are from FamPlan, WasteDairy and Offspring.

Idk if this will help, but it's worth a shot.

Thanks, though I'm not sure it helps since those files are shipped in the mod anyway. Did you mean to paste the INI files from your MCM\Settings folder maybe?

Edit: Here are the ones from my non-working loadout:

FP_FamilyPlanningEnhanced.ini INVB_WastelandDairy.ini INVB_WastelandOffspring.ini

Edited by vaultbait
2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Thanks, though I'm not sure it helps since those files are shipped in the mod anyway. Did you mean to paste the INI files from your MCM\Settings folder maybe?

Edit: Here are the ones from my non-working loadout:

FP_FamilyPlanningEnhanced.ini 710 B · 0 downloads INVB_WastelandDairy.ini 357 B · 0 downloads INVB_WastelandOffspring.ini 664 B · 0 downloads

oops, lol

I thought it was the other way around.

Are you sure you have the Family Planning Enhanced Redux from this post and not the other from the other post? I was looking at your configs and they are extremely different from mine.

INVB_WastelandOffspring.iniINVB_WastelandDairy.iniFP_FamilyPlanningEnhanced.ini

Edited by TwilightDreamz
14 hours ago, TwilightDreamz said:

Are you sure you have the Family Planning Enhanced Redux from this post and not the other from the other post? I was looking at your configs and they are extremely different from mine.

Yep, I'm quite positive. Been using it for a long time. This issue only arose when I updated from FPER v3.840 beta to v3.845 beta (and from WDF v2.80a to v2.830 beta) and started a new playthrough from an unmodded save. I also wiped my earlier MCM configs and then reset everything I wanted from scratch just to make sure there weren't lingering settings from the prior versions.

Anyway, I'll go through yours and compare, to see if I can spot why it's working for you. Thanks again!

19 hours ago, Velnaus said:

Okay, never mind on the Ellie situation, she had the kid, raised them, I was able to talk to the kid and was able to send them to a settlement, I hope the other women that are not in a settlement are the same.

Still would like to know about using the crib tho...

Just a heads-up for you, if you leave the kid in the non-settlement and they grow up, they become a permanent resident. Only way to move them then is to select them in console, go to a workshop location, type "moveto player" and then select them in workshop mode and move them to the settlement of your choosing. I have claimed a warehouse in Goodneighbour (and enslaved the Triggermen for my Hangman's Alley settlement, but that's another story) and added a workshop there, precisely for doing this when Irma or Magnolia give birth and I end up forgetting and being away adventuring for too long (short baby and child stages in my game, too). 

I got lucky the first time it happened and the twins Magnolia dropped were well suited to wearing classy attire in The Third Rail anyway - but it was a learning experience. I read your previous post as well and noticed you had to kill Ellie - so try selecting the actor in question in the console and typing "openactorcontainer 1" next time you need to steal someone's offspring, or change their clothes, or whatever else fits into your story. Very handy for if you're leaving adult offspring of yours at a location that stops them acting like settlers and you want to change their clothes to something a little more befitting the child of a Knight-General-Secret Agent.

With regards to the crib, place it in a settlement and then stand nearby it (walk to it until you can't move forward to be absolutely sure when testing), then drop the baby from your inventory menu. It should land in the crib nearest to where you are standing. If it doesn't go in the crib, and it lands on the floor instead, chances are you haven't installed the mod right. Btw there's 4 cribs in one menu, and one in another menu. I only use the 2nd of the 4 in the normal menu, so you might want to do that too if you're testing.

Edited by Darkanna17
1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

Yep, I'm quite positive. Been using it for a long time. This issue only arose when I updated from FPER v3.840 beta to v3.845 beta (and from WDF v2.80a to v2.830 beta) and started a new playthrough from an unmodded save. I also wiped my earlier MCM configs and then reset everything I wanted from scratch just to make sure there weren't lingering settings from the prior versions.

Anyway, I'll go through yours and compare, to see if I can spot why it's working for you. Thanks again!

I didn't bother to wipe any of my setting on updating mine so idk if that makes any difference. Your welcome, and I hope you can get it working again.

26 minutes ago, TwilightDreamz said:

I didn't bother to wipe any of my setting on updating mine so idk if that makes any difference. Your welcome, and I hope you can get it working again.

On a lark, I tried just completely replacing my MCM settings with yours, and it's still not getting me (female human race) pregnant after intercourse with a random group of raiders (vanilla male human, I use no alternate race mods), despite >100% chance being reported in the notification. I can tell your settings were in effect since the percent chance reported was different than when I tested with my earlier settings.

I think this means that whatever problem I'm experiencing, it's not got to do with the settings in MCM.

2 hours ago, Darkanna17 said:

Just a heads-up for you, if you leave the kid in the non-settlement and they grow up, they become a permanent resident. Only way to move them then is to select them in console, go to a workshop location, type "moveto player" and then select them in workshop mode and move them to the settlement of your choosing. I have claimed a warehouse in Goodneighbour (and enslaved the Triggermen for my Hangman's Alley settlement, but that's another story) and added a workshop there, precisely for doing this when Irma or Magnolia give birth and I end up forgetting and being away adventuring for too long (short baby and child stages in my game, too). 

I got lucky the first time it happened and the twins Magnolia dropped were well suited to wearing classy attire in The Third Rail anyway - but it was a learning experience. I read your previous post as well and noticed you had to kill Ellie - so try selecting the actor in question in the console and typing "openactorcontainer 1" next time you need to steal someone's offspring, or change their clothes, or whatever else fits into your story. Very handy for if you're leaving adult offspring of yours at a location that stops them acting like settlers and you want to change their clothes to something a little more befitting the child of a Knight-General-Secret Agent.

With regards to the crib, place it in a settlement and then stand nearby it (walk to it until you can't move forward to be absolutely sure when testing), then drop the baby from your inventory menu. It should land in the crib nearest to where you are standing. If it doesn't go in the crib, and it lands on the floor instead, chances are you haven't installed the mod right. Btw there's 4 cribs in one menu, and one in another menu. I only use the 2nd of the 4 in the normal menu, so you might want to do that too if you're testing.

Awesome, thank you for that info, that helps a lot. 

The openactorcontainer 1 helps greatly for the non-settlement children as most of the female children do not show they have clothing on , just a head (default clothing I assume as some like the Kid's color dress's and a couple more Kid's outfits do show) and no hands with any outfits for just the female children. I have messed with my mods and I have not been successful. Screwed with the mods so much to try and fix this I have had to start all the way over but, I did get lucky a few times and old saves loaded ok but still the same issue. If you have any ideas or a thread that may have suggestions to try that would be great

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

On a lark, I tried just completely replacing my MCM settings with yours, and it's still not getting me (female human race) pregnant after intercourse with a random group of raiders (vanilla male human, I use no alternate race mods), despite >100% chance being reported in the notification. I can tell your settings were in effect since the percent chance reported was different than when I tested with my earlier settings.

I think this means that whatever problem I'm experiencing, it's not got to do with the settings in MCM.

I wonder if it's a different mod list/load order?

I know mine works, since I just had Sexual Harassment call a fan rape scene on me in diamond city, and I was raped by 5 men and got pregnant. 

loadorder.txt

Edited by TwilightDreamz
couldn't add files from my tablet. lol
6 hours ago, Velnaus said:

Awesome, thank you for that info, that helps a lot. 

The openactorcontainer 1 helps greatly for the non-settlement children as most of the female children do not show they have clothing on , just a head (default clothing I assume as some like the Kid's color dress's and a couple more Kid's outfits do show) and no hands with any outfits for just the female children. I have messed with my mods and I have not been successful. Screwed with the mods so much to try and fix this I have had to start all the way over but, I did get lucky a few times and old saves loaded ok but still the same issue. If you have any ideas or a thread that may have suggestions to try that would be great

This mod replaces the clothes of kids that grow up with regular settler clothing, leaving the kids clothing in their inventory (unequipped). I'm unsure if you mean female kids while they're kids (in which case it would probably be another mod) or if you're getting adults (who are kids of yours) still wearing kids' clothing and causing body disappearance. The invisible hands issue is one I've never seen. Maybe you could try causing it to happen by manipulating the inventory of an NPC who wasn't sprogged into the game by this mod, to see if it's one of your clothing mods. Another option is to disable all mods that change children aside from this one (which is what I would do first, it's the most reliable means of determining which mod is responsible). 

I used to use Children of the Commonwealth and a kids clothing pack to go with that, but I decided not to this game and shortened the child stage considerably. It means I don't get attached to my kids as much and can focus on regular gameplay instead of playing Sims 3 in Fallout 4. Still give all my kids my last name in-game, though, and give them preference over other settlers. I remember disembodied heads being a problem only when they had normal (grown-up) clothing on and memory was short (dark faces and objects taking ages to load in), but I haven't ever had that problem in this play-through, which has no kids clothing mods at all.

A few tests you could perform:
- Try putting on "Nat's Dress" as an adult and see what that does. For me it makes me naked even though my full body slot has an object equipped (Codsworth was a little shocked). 
- The vanilla "Kid's Dress" is yellow, compare that yellow one with one of the others the kid's clothing mod adds.
- Get a vault 81 suit (of normal sort) and equip that to a kid, there are already kids in the game with vault 81 suits on, in vault 81, so it's a good (your kids vs. vanilla kids) tester. That would be the cleanest way to determine if it's this mod vs. a clothing mod due to the lack of external influences/chaos/memory shortages.

- Install "Armor and Weapons Keywords Community Resource" (AWKCR) and if that crashes your game, you probably have a really janky mod that hasn't been updated since 2016 breaking things.

Edited by Darkanna17
9 hours ago, vaultbait said:

I know this might be a long shot, but I was hitting the "check player pregnancy" debug hotkey after getting pregnancy notification multiple times after, and it didn't show I was pregnant until after cumflation from this mod wore off.

Since I've got 2 cumflation-causing mods going, I've used this one's as a short term XL cumflator so it wears off quick and I can check how many kids I'm going to have, and the Sex Attributes one as a longer term, lower effect one that stacks over time, since it doesn't seem to have as many bugs from feature creep.

Obviously you're not having the problem I was having with women destroying my ability to bear children, because you're getting the chance notification, and that bug causes one to not appear. I wonder if they might be related somehow, though.

Edited by Darkanna17
2 hours ago, Darkanna17 said:

This mod replaces the clothes of kids that grow up with regular settler clothing, leaving the kids clothing in their inventory (unequipped). I'm unsure if you mean female kids while they're kids (in which case it would probably be another mod) or if you're getting adults (who are kids of yours) still wearing kids' clothing and causing body disappearance. The invisible hands issue is one I've never seen. Maybe you could try causing it to happen by manipulating the inventory of an NPC who wasn't sprogged into the game by this mod, to see if it's one of your clothing mods. Another option is to disable all mods that change children aside from this one (which is what I would do first, it's the most reliable means of determining which mod is responsible). 

I used to use Children of the Commonwealth and a kids clothing pack to go with that, but I decided not to this game and shortened the child stage considerably. It means I don't get attached to my kids as much and can focus on regular gameplay instead of playing Sims 3 in Fallout 4. Still give all my kids my last name in-game, though, and give them preference over other settlers. I remember disembodied heads being a problem only when they had normal (grown-up) clothing on and memory was short (dark faces and objects taking ages to load in), but I haven't ever had that problem in this play-through, which has no kids clothing mods at all.

A few tests you could perform:
- Try putting on "Nat's Dress" as an adult and see what that does. For me it makes me naked even though my full body slot has an object equipped (Codsworth was a little shocked). 
- The vanilla "Kid's Dress" is yellow, compare that yellow one with one of the others the kid's clothing mod adds.
- Get a vault 81 suit (of normal sort) and equip that to a kid, there are already kids in the game with vault 81 suits on, in vault 81, so it's a good (your kids vs. vanilla kids) tester. That would be the cleanest way to determine if it's this mod vs. a clothing mod due to the lack of external influences/chaos/memory shortages.

- Install "Armor and Weapons Keywords Community Resource" (AWKCR) and if that crashes your game, you probably have a really janky mod that hasn't been updated since 2016 breaking things.

After a few tests, tho I did not put Nat's dress on, but i did put it on a male child and it was fine. This issue seems to only be with female children tho I  do not have any grown to adults yet. I hope the adult versions have hands. Handjobs  would be better.

20 hours ago, TwilightDreamz said:

I wonder if it's a different mod list/load order?

Doesn't seem like it. I do use a lot of mods but none that I would expect to interfere with FPER/WDF (and they weren't interfering prior to the most recent updates anyway). I did try swizzling around my load order to match yours with the FP plugin loading before the main WDF plugin to see if it would help, but it doesn't seem to have made any difference.

13 hours ago, Darkanna17 said:

I know this might be a long shot, but I was hitting the "check player pregnancy" debug hotkey after getting pregnancy notification multiple times after, and it didn't show I was pregnant until after cumflation from this mod wore off.

Since I've got 2 cumflation-causing mods going, I've used this one's as a short term XL cumflator so it wears off quick and I can check how many kids I'm going to have, and the Sex Attributes one as a longer term, lower effect one that stacks over time, since it doesn't seem to have as many bugs from feature creep.

Obviously you're not having the problem I was having with women destroying my ability to bear children, because you're getting the chance notification, and that bug causes one to not appear. I wonder if they might be related somehow, though.

Thanks for the idea! I''ll give it longer for cumflation to wear off before rechecking for pregnancy, and also try it with cumflation disabled entirely to see if that changes things at all.

And yes I am at least getting the pregnancy chance notifications (though not the correct ones if it's sex with a creature, seems to still report the human chance even with the MCM set to use separate chances for creatures). I used to get the conception notifications immediately after the chance notifications, and don't any longer, so maybe that has changed for some reason.

19 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Doesn't seem like it. I do use a lot of mods but none that I would expect to interfere with FPER/WDF (and they weren't interfering prior to the most recent updates anyway). I did try swizzling around my load order to match yours with the FP plugin loading before the main WDF plugin to see if it would help, but it doesn't seem to have made any difference.

Thanks for the idea! I''ll give it longer for cumflation to wear off before rechecking for pregnancy, and also try it with cumflation disabled entirely to see if that changes things at all.

And yes I am at least getting the pregnancy chance notifications (though not the correct ones if it's sex with a creature, seems to still report the human chance even with the MCM set to use separate chances for creatures). I used to get the conception notifications immediately after the chance notifications, and don't any longer, so maybe that has changed for some reason.

I actually let Vortex manage my load order in most cases, there are a few that I overwrote but I don't think they'd affect this, had to do with workshop rearranged.

It's odd that I'm working fine and you can't get it to work though. I don't know what else to try.

46 minutes ago, TwilightDreamz said:

I actually let Vortex manage my load order in most cases, there are a few that I overwrote but I don't think they'd affect this, had to do with workshop rearranged.

It's odd that I'm working fine and you can't get it to work though. I don't know what else to try.

Yep, also using Vortex and normally let it work out the plugin ordering unless I know I specifically need to adjust relationships between specific ones (I have a lot of worldspace and interior altering mods which have a tendency to conflict over cell edits and need a lot of trial and error to get the orders just right in order to minimize interference).

Anyway, now that it's safe to reinstall mods with Vortex again (I was holding off after the 1.5.5 update) I'm also trying a reinstall of FPER and WDF and yet another complete reconfiguration from a previously unmodded save, just to double-check.

4 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Yep, also using Vortex and normally let it work out the plugin ordering unless I know I specifically need to adjust relationships between specific ones (I have a lot of worldspace and interior altering mods which have a tendency to conflict over cell edits and need a lot of trial and error to get the orders just right in order to minimize interference).

Anyway, now that it's safe to reinstall mods with Vortex again (I was holding off after the 1.5.5 update) I'm also trying a reinstall of FPER and WDF and yet another complete reconfiguration from a previously unmodded save, just to double-check.

Hey, I don't know if I asked you this or not, but when you're testing are you using the TGM console command? 

I have had issues getting pregnant using that. 

5 minutes ago, TwilightDreamz said:

Hey, I don't know if I asked you this or not, but when you're testing are you using the TGM console command? 

I have had issues getting pregnant using that. 

Nope, no god mode involved. I'm even playing with Violate's default god mode feature disabled just to be sure.

Hey, I switched from FPE to this Mod midway through a safe (did a clean save) but now my pregnancies end after a few days. The setting is still set to 27 in-game days, though.

If I switch back to the Original it works again.

Edited by Andarus
20 hours ago, Andarus said:

Hey, I switched from FPE to this Mod midway through a safe (did a clean save) but now my pregnancies end after a few days. The setting is still set to 27 in-game days, though.

In my experience, removing mods mid game always results in my save going up in a flaming mess.

On 3/2/2022 at 9:41 PM, Andarus said:

If in doubt, test with a new playthrough from a previously unmodded save and see if you run into the same problems.

10 hours ago, UnknwonQwerty47b said:

Just downgraded to the latest older version. now works as bepfre just missing the new stuff

werid

Yeah, I didn't upgrade because I wanted to see if one issue was solved and if there were new ones. Just spitballing here but I'm worried the Creator has gotten overwhelmed with the bugs while just wanting to get ideas into it, and that's why he's on break for now. WDF seems to be suffering from similar featurecreep induced bugs.