Did people ever figure out of in-game animations were possible?

4 hours ago, potatoguy44@yahoo.com said:

Just wondering if its even possible, (but really hard), or if it has been ruled out as a possibility. 

The characters are already animated in events, and adding new animations is possible. The issue is that no experienced animators have contributed sex animations.

13 hours ago, potatoguy44@yahoo.com said:

Just wondering if its even possible, (but really hard), or if it has been ruled out as a possibility. 

You can, but, well, animations aren't good if cheap cause they take time, and nobody wants to pay for something without getting paid back ;) so if ur just looking at the end, pay us and we'll find a good animator or make a good animation.

54 minutes ago, M4rocks said:

You can, but, well, animations aren't good if cheap cause they take time, and nobody wants to pay for something without getting paid back ;) so if ur just looking at the end, pay us and we'll find a good animator or make a good animation.

You're saying that, but it's only in the last year or two that everybody and their grandma made Patreon accounts to "sell" their content, regardless of how poorly made or insignificant it is.

And? I doubt anyone will pay me, also I don't animate cause it causes too much blood, sweat, and tears (a lot of it) unless you have a good talent at it, even for the crappy animations they're difficult to make... I think.

3 hours ago, Anonymous said:

You're saying that, but it's only in the last year or two that everybody and their grandma made Patreon accounts to "sell" their content, regardless of how poorly made or insignificant it is.

i thought the biggest issue right now is there is still no means for coupled animations between 2 models.

The animations that exist right now is limited to 1 character and the way the 3d models are rendered are in fixed positions in in the character screen so there is no way for 2 characters to "interact" with each other animation wise.

Until modders find a way to reliably render 2 characters in the same spot of the gui (even if its a fixed t-pose) we cant even begin thinking about animating.

Yeah, I managed it by creating multiple windows using the "event center" positioning, and then set the camera to a fixed position (as opposed to "camera torso look at" which is based on one of the paradox bones). The problem is that the last window rendered always overlaps the other windows. I got around this by stacking 20 windows on top of each other and limiting the depth that each camera could see (near/far). This worked but you get black lines through the characters at each juncture between windows. This last part took me a while to figure out but if you turn off the portrait SSAO the black lines mostly disappear.

TLDR it's possible, I did it. Didn't upload anything because the only animation I made for it sucked (it was mostly a proof of concept). I guess I could upload it as a modder tool, if there's a demand among people who animate. (I have no experience with this but downloaded blender and have mostly been messing around with it in my free time, its easier to jump into it than you would expect).

You should try making it as a mod tool, it might take a while, but some people will download it and at least one of them will be able to make some good animations out of it, but just to warn you, most people don't really know how to modify prefabs (like they won't know what to do) I was trying to make one for event mods 2 or 3 weeks back but in the end, simply dropped it because every time I ended with something, it was too complex for a beginner to understand and in the game there are no text boxes for you to input (and if there are, it will take a great programmer years to create a debugging program, also it would cost a lot of money).

5 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

Yeah, I managed it by creating multiple windows using the "event center" positioning, and then set the camera to a fixed position (as opposed to "camera torso look at" which is based on one of the paradox bones). The problem is that the last window rendered always overlaps the other windows. I got around this by stacking 20 windows on top of each other and limiting the depth that each camera could see (near/far). This worked but you get black lines through the characters at each juncture between windows. This last part took me a while to figure out but if you turn off the portrait SSAO the black lines mostly disappear.

TLDR it's possible, I did it. Didn't upload anything because the only animation I made for it sucked (it was mostly a proof of concept). I guess I could upload it as a modder tool, if there's a demand among people who animate. (I have no experience with this but downloaded blender and have mostly been messing around with it in my free time, its easier to jump into it than you would expect).

18 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

It'd be great to have this out in the wild.  At this point I'd be ecstatic to have any kind of crowd-sourced/toolbox animation mod, even if they were just a simple set of kneeling/masturbation/leaning for rear entry poses. The base game poses are so limiting.

I've noticed that even simple animation replacements lead to a jittering effect on some character windows though.  Does anyone know why this happens?

On 2/17/2021 at 1:46 PM, luffyboy said:

i thought the biggest issue right now is there is still no means for coupled animations between 2 models.

The animations that exist right now is limited to 1 character and the way the 3d models are rendered are in fixed positions in in the character screen so there is no way for 2 characters to "interact" with each other animation wise.

Until modders find a way to reliably render 2 characters in the same spot of the gui (even if its a fixed t-pose) we cant even begin thinking about animating.

can we create a separate slab gui then ?

by the way i have not found any custom poses so far... anywhere. i understand its lots of work and it requires different kind of modders than in ck1/2. i just hope that its not something that the developers reserved for themselves. personally i would be fine with just lewid/custom poses and a few clothing mods. the absolute dream would be some kind of interactive mini game like mirror

Mirror.jpg

So I posted the event window mod. Should fix the fact that characters can't interact. In terms of creating custom animations/poses, just download Blender (its free) and there's an add on that allows you to import and export paradox meshes. When you load the base mesh (male_body/female_body) its already been rigged. So all you have to do is rotate the joints to create a pose (and an animation is just a series of poses).

Here is a link to the add on.

https://github.com/ross-g/io_pdx_mesh

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2021 at 10:36 AM, bobbily said:

It'd be great to have this out in the wild.  At this point I'd be ecstatic to have any kind of crowd-sourced/toolbox animation mod, even if they were just a simple set of kneeling/masturbation/leaning for rear entry poses. The base game poses are so limiting.

I've noticed that even simple animation replacements lead to a jittering effect on some character windows though.  Does anyone know why this happens?

So I've noticed that jittering. And not just on animation replacements. No idea why it happens. Just noticed it specifically because I thought something might be wrong with a blendshape I made. But I think its just a thing that happens. But it never seems to be connected to any particular asset (animation, window, or shape).