[mod] Family Oriented [Stellaris 3.11 Update]

On 9/21/2023 at 9:35 PM, Smily1 said:

Doesn't seem to work with the current update

On 9/23/2023 at 4:52 PM, WhatIsPeace said:

Can confirm that Family Oriented is crashing the game on loading to the main menu for 3.9.x. Hopefully the error log helps. This startup was with Family Oriented being the only mod enabled.

error.log 108.03 kB · 13 downloads

On 9/28/2023 at 11:41 AM, Tigersharks said:

Non-Functional as of the recent Stellaris update. error.log

I've done a quick fix on the mod to get it to not crash on startup and load into a new game but out of all the broken events I fixed from this update- The most broken events due to the update was the pregnancy events so those are temporarily disabled. I haven't actually played a game to test how the other mod features work so I don't want to immediately put this up again until I get those events working. Thus here's a version without those events.

Feel free to point out anything that's missing/broken/bugs for those that can get a playthrough in.

mod.7z

Edited by dragondxlv
On 10/1/2023 at 6:07 PM, dragondxlv said:

I've done a quick fix on the mod to get it to not crash on startup and load into a new game but out of all the broken events I fixed from this update- The most broken events due to the update was the pregnancy events so those are temporarily disabled. I haven't actually played a game to test how the other mod features work so I don't want to immediately put this up again until I get those events working. Thus here's a version without those events.

Feel free to point out anything that's missing/broken/bugs for those that can get a playthrough in.

mod.7z 817.36 kB · 25 downloads

First of all, thanks for getting around to making this functional again! I have played around with it and the origin and it's event's are still functional and the speak to your heir events are working. The only issue I've seen so far is the tradition is missing effects for "Family Planning", "Family Oriented", and "Devoted Kin". The tradition finisher also has no effects other than unlocking an ascension perk. Were these tradition picks tied to the events you needed to disable @dragondxlv?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Reposted from Lithia's Discord:

If anyone is still following, the new update stopped the crashing issue with the pregnancy events of the mod but I have to rewrite a lot of stuff for the new leader system

I'll put out a small update likely before the LV update and another one after LV's update comes out to ensure compatibility

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to assign the heir that is spawned out of the starting heir event to a council position such as Royal Family Representative isn't working. Is there anything that might be conflicting with Family Oriented? Or is it just a bug? Or something else?

Edited by RomanIowan
On 11/29/2023 at 1:41 AM, RomanIowan said:

For instance, do I need Astral Rifts DLC?

On 11/29/2023 at 1:38 AM, RomanIowan said:

Trying to assign the heir that is spawned out of the starting heir event to a council position such as Royal Family Representative isn't working. Is there anything that might be conflicting with Family Oriented? Or is it just a bug? Or something else?

You don't need astral Rifts but I still need to check if everything is working with lustful void if you're running it.

1 hour ago, RomanIowan said:

I am running lustful void.

image.png.4f3ddfcde4d5f1524b333c4d284c5f2c.png

Testing on an old save before having LV installed, it seems to work but I'll do a proper playthrough before I say anything more since there might be a conflict there. But by default the Royal Family/Divine Family Representative council position should only be accessible to those with either of the matching traits. (Pure Blood/Holy Blood)

13 hours ago, RomanIowan said:

I am running lustful void.

Okay well I've done a 100 year run now and I can safely say that Lustful Void isn't stopping heirs/offsprings from taking the council position- I am unable to replicate the bug that you're experiencing. Are there any particular loverslab mods that you're running that could be interfering with my mod? You can also try moving my mod close if not at the bottom of the load order and see if you're issue still persists.

7 hours ago, UnknownX3 said:

I downloaded this mod for the first time and for some reason, it isn't showing up on the mod launcher. Is the installation method different from the other mods here?

It isn't any different from any other mod in this site, just extra the zip file into your mods folder.

16 hours ago, RomanIowan said:

I downloaded the balance and base game overwrites from lustful void, but I guess I might've left them enabled. They might be the problem(s).

I play with the LV balance patch but not the base game overwrites. In anycase, I'm putting out an update within today or tomorrow so it may fix your issue somehow.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm getting CTD from this mod. Seems to be quite consistent with this line of text. The county changes but I can't get more then 10 years into a playthrough without a CTD. Anyone have any idea's why this is happening? 

[12:36:05][trigger_impl.cpp:1191]: Script Error: Invalid context switch [heir] from Thegnoth's Purifiers [country], file: events/FO_lv_pregnancy_events.txt line: 787, Scope: 
type=country
id=18
opener_id=4294967295
random={ 0 1918199636 }
random_allowed=yes

[12:36:05][trigger_impl.cpp:1191]: Script Error: Invalid context switch [heir] from Thegnoth's Purifiers [country], file: events/FO_lv_pregnancy_events.txt line: 828, Scope: 
type=country
id=18
opener_id=4294967295
random={ 0 1918199636 }
random_allowed=yes

[12:36:05][trigger_impl.cpp:1191]: Script Error: Invalid context switch [heir] from Thegnoth's Purifiers [country], file: events/FO_lv_pregnancy_events.txt line: 869, Scope: 
type=country
id=18
opener_id=4294967295
random={ 0 1918199636 }
random_allowed=yes

[12:36:05][trigger_impl.cpp:1191]: Script Error: Invalid context switch [heir] from Thegnoth's Purifiers [country], file: events/FO_lv_pregnancy_events.txt line: 910, Scope: 
type=country
id=18
opener_id=4294967295
random={ 0 1918199636 }
random_allowed=yes

14 hours ago, DoomSlayer96 said:

I'm getting CTD from this mod. Seems to be quite consistent with this line of text. The county changes but I can't get more then 10 years into a playthrough without a CTD. Anyone have any idea's why this is happening? 

[12:36:05][trigger_impl.cpp:1191]: Script Error: Invalid context switch [heir] from Thegnoth's Purifiers [country], file: events/FO_lv_pregnancy_events.txt line: 787, Scope: 
type=country
id=18
opener_id=4294967295
random={ 0 1918199636 }
random_allowed=yes

[12:36:05][trigger_impl.cpp:1191]: Script Error: Invalid context switch [heir] from Thegnoth's Purifiers [country], file: events/FO_lv_pregnancy_events.txt line: 828, Scope: 
type=country
id=18
opener_id=4294967295
random={ 0 1918199636 }
random_allowed=yes

[12:36:05][trigger_impl.cpp:1191]: Script Error: Invalid context switch [heir] from Thegnoth's Purifiers [country], file: events/FO_lv_pregnancy_events.txt line: 869, Scope: 
type=country
id=18
opener_id=4294967295
random={ 0 1918199636 }
random_allowed=yes

[12:36:05][trigger_impl.cpp:1191]: Script Error: Invalid context switch [heir] from Thegnoth's Purifiers [country], file: events/FO_lv_pregnancy_events.txt line: 910, Scope: 
type=country
id=18
opener_id=4294967295
random={ 0 1918199636 }
random_allowed=yes

Are you using the experimental beta update? I haven't updated the mod for that beta so that might be causing the crash. Also helps to know what civics you're running since that might affect things.

---

After a quick but full playthrough to year 2400 with LV and my mod on the non-beta version of Stellaris, I have experienced no crashes so I'll need more info to try and help you

Edited by dragondxlv