[mod] Atalantea: A Tentacle Themed Hyperpregnancy Mod

This is a really interesting mod which I find reminiscent of my own Tentacled Dreams for CK2. Props for putting in so much hard work!

Is it possible to add a game rule to turn off the hyperpregnancy portraits? I feel like trying out the mod and reading the worldbuilding but I find the hyperpregnancy portraits offputting. I'm sure you would get a wider audience and more recognition for your amazing mod if the hyperpregnancy content was optional.

Thanks, Cheri! Tentacle dreams was the original inspiration, actually. Loved/love that mod in CK2. I could look into that game rule. Haven't figured out game rules yet, but I imagine it would be as simple as setting it up so a toggle switches the trait that you get to one that just gives scaling power rather than changing the appearance. You'd still have issues with localization text describing preggo fun times, but the visuals should be something I can do by the next time I update. Will look into it.

I noticed that issue with the giant cecaelias being available at the start of the game. Going to be experimenting with locking the giant cecalias behind a very specific culture/region requirement for Atalantean  culture and seeing if that hides it. In the long term, would like the decision to be the only way to recruit, but that should at least work for now.

Yup. It actually improves fertility (at the cost of a health malus). That does make me think it might be interesting to make a born-in-the-purple style trait for children born from mothers with Siren's Wombs. Hmm. There's already probably too many positives for grabbing the doctrine, though. Will think on it.

Update! What's New in Version b5.0.0

• Lots of little fixes, mostly involving behind-the-scenes errors. Decisions should work more smoothly now.
  • Tweaked the requirements for certain decisions to make them easier to do. Some decisions proved difficult to achieve even in a very long game, so I made some of the dynasty based requirements easier.
  • Tweaked the "Awaken the Ordo Leviathani" decision. 
    • Giant Cecaelias are now a cultural unit for the "Ancient Atalantean" culture, which is a culture you can only play if you start as it (the decision-accessible culture is "Atalantean"--aka, a rebirth of the culture). If you start as Ancient Atalantean, you gain access to Giant Cecaelia research at the same time you gain access to Siren Broodmothers (late medieval period).
    • Instead of unlocking the Giant Cecaelias MAA, the "Awaken" decision spawns an inheritable army of Cecaelias, including a sizable contingent of Giant Cecaelias (you end up with about 20k high quality troops in total). Only one member of a house can gain access to this army, however: once the decision is taken, it cannot be taken again. Finagle inherriting the army if another member of your dynasty unlocks it first.
  • Instituted a rule you can click at the start of the game to turn off the belly scaling for models. Descriptions and event text don't change, but now you can choose to leave models alone if you'd prefer to use your imagination/ignore the most blatant hyperpreg stuff/avoid the jankier look of the larger bellied models.

For Atalantean culture, you should also still have access to the decision to switch culture, too, so long as you meet the requirements. That requires you to be in the general location of the Byzantine Empire/Pontic steps and worship the custom religion (which you can unlock by controlling one of its holy sites and exploring). Finally, if you unlock the Archess councils, visiting the council will sometimes trigger an event where a priestess will ask to go with you. That priestess is always Atalantean culture, so get her to join your court and let her raise your kids and you might be able to culture shift. Since the councils are available to all religions with the Holy Womb tenet, that last one is available everywhere on the map. Quite a bit of legwork to get the council up and running, though.

For Ancient Atalantean (the one with Giant Cecaelias), the method M4rocks described is the only method I'm aware of. Save editing might also work, but not certain.

Edit: Some quick thoughts about next things to work on:

• At least two more Archess Council positions as described in my earlier posts.
  • Random events as described in my earlier posts. I'd especially like to make an event that gives folks a chance at the deviant/lunatic traits, given how they're needed to convert to Antideluvianism. An event where one of your kids "disappears into the deep places" (dies) and then gets replaced by an Atalantean culture adult with a custom cecaelia changeling trait ten years later would be cool, too, if I could figure out how to do it.
  • Inspired by Imperator Rome's new DLC, a customizable Wonder activity/event would be cool. Basically make a decision to build a wonder in your capital. Would work similar to the commission an epic decision, but each event pulse would let you change some aspect of the wonder and improve/decrease its quality. Might tie this into the invasion mechanic described in an earlier post: if you're Antideluvian religion and Atalantean/Ancient Atalantean culture, each of the steps can let you sacrifice something big (kill a kid and gain kinslayer, create unrest across your land, gain a permanent -10 to direct vassal opinion, etc.) for an even more powerful building. If you take all the sacrifice steps, it triggers an invasion of the Drowned Titans.
  • This isn't happening any time soon, as I want the Atalantean stuff relatively complete first, but I've been thinking about adding other pseudo-lewd fantasy races/cultures to the game. First I'd likely add would be a race of centaurs in West Africa and Iberia. Would basically try to make a culture that can uproot itself (think Hungarian migration) once per generation, buffing all the lands they take control of enormously, but would always be stuck in tribal unless they pulled some shenanigans. Would look into setting up a "make tributary" casus beli, too, which would give the invader a special army/economic buff for the duration of a ruler's lifespan dependent on the strength of the nation/empire they conquered. Might also look into swapping 2d illustrations rather than 3d models so as to actually have characters that look like centaurs, but no promises. Any new races/cultures added in this mod would be in-game unlockable like the Atalanteans, so there would be no elves chilling out on Cyprus at the start of the game or whatever. The supernatural would have a chance to seep into the game as it progressed. I'd be focusing mostly on regions around Europe, first, to keep the events close to each other for the sake of keeping things interesting, but would hopefully (someday [eventually]) get to the point where there's something supernatural that could happen in almost any region of the map.
  • Other random races I've thought about: Driders in the African/Indian jungles (ovipositor/web binding/brood lair stuffs), Huldra in Sweden/Denmark (lean heavy into sacrifice/grab captive mechanics), Minotaurs/cow girls in the Alps and Greece (minotaur cum addiction + breast expansion + milk production and changing things to try to deal with debilitating increases in milk production), Harpies around the southern portion of the Middle East and the Horn of Africa (super-zoroastrian stuffs, not sure), a fantasy version of my Nephila race in the area of Pagan and the Bengal Empire, selkies in the British Isles, snow leopard women in Tibet, mini giantesses in the northeastern part of the map, and Wendigo (individual outbursts/underground civilizations ala vampire stuffs) in the regions abutting Siberia.
1 hour ago, HiveBro said:

Other random races I've thought about: Driders in the African/Indian jungles (ovipositor/web binding/brood lair stuffs), Huldra in Sweden/Denmark (lean heavy into sacrifice/grab captive mechanics), Minotaurs/cow girls in the Alps and Greece (minotaur cum addiction + breast expansion + milk production and changing things to try to deal with debilitating increases in milk production), Harpies around the southern portion of the Middle East and the Horn of Africa (super-zoroastrian stuffs, not sure), a fantasy version of my Nephila race in the area of Pagan and the Bengal Empire, selkies in the British Isles, snow leopard women in Tibet, mini giantesses in the northeastern part of the map, and Wendigo (individual outbursts/underground civilizations ala vampire stuffs) in the regions abutting Siberia.

Dang, that's a lot. Are you trying to pick up Dewguru's mantle for CK3? :P  Just missing dragons and werewolves.

Just ideas at the moment. I tend to do a lot of mod work at once and then take pretty long breaks, so no promises it all gets done. Plenty of ideas, though. The UI is a bit of a pain, but there's lots you can do with CK3's framework in terms of modding. It's pretty fun.

I might put put together a ko-fi at some point to take donations as people feel like giving them, but am avoiding patreon atm. Love modding as a hobby but wouldn't want to make it my whole life and the only way I'd ever do a patreon was if I wanted to try making a living. Thank you, though. Glad to hear you're enjoying my mod(s). 

• 4 weeks later...

Its extremely difficult to get 5 members of your house become hyper pregnant. Is it intended or do I miss some sort of "make Hyper-pregnant"- scheme like you would turn somebody into a witch? ( Like you head of the house must be atleast Tier 2 to make somebody else Tier 1 and at Tier 3 there is a 35% chance that they become Tier 2)

Also about the Belly itself it is probably impossible but it would be totally awsome to make some sort of animation for the Tier2/Tier3 like movements under the skin.

On 3/23/2021 at 11:03 AM, simols said:

I installed the mod, but there is no text,who know, what is the problem

изображение_2021-03-23_180149.png

I don't think there is a Russian (? Greek?) localization right now so if you are playing in that language then everything just shows up as debug text. 

I'm not sure if its a known bug but you can't upgrade the "Temples of Plenty" since they requires a city-upgrade which is impossible to get in a capital. Made a small bugfix simply replace the .txt in mod/everpreg/common/building ( make a copy of the original - just in case)

Also would it be possible that the hyperpregnant trait change the sexuality to bisexual? I think it would make sense...

everpreg_special_buildings.txt