[mod] Atalantea: A Tentacle Themed Hyperpregnancy Mod

On 3/29/2022 at 7:31 PM, BADshadow said:

yeah, the free update + royal court added/changed things with cultures (and faiths/regions) that this mod doesnt have thus creates a "null" causing fatal errors, the fix that Sleptfrog uploaded above deals with that. However I have experienced a crash going to the council tab (which made me think back..I remember, i believe this mod had an extra council position) that might be the problem, though I could be remembering wrong...or it could just be me and my problem (something with my game or pc)

The mod does add positions after a certain set of decisions. Could you expand a bit on the context of your empire while you were playing? Were you using the Atalantean mod mechanics at the time? Were you the Atalantean empire or a different country?

On 4/3/2022 at 4:41 PM, HiveBro said:

The mod does add positions after a certain set of decisions. Could you expand a bit on the context of your empire while you were playing? Were you using the Atalantean mod mechanics at the time? Were you the Atalantean empire or a different country?

actually just starting the game with a custom character with the faith and Atalantean culture does it, all I do is do that, start game and go to council for it to CTD with no error report..just dies...Atalantean empire not created yet, first try and crash was a count level in Poland area second try and crash was the country (or next to the country with the holy site) near Norway (as a duke level or a count level dont remember that) but its literally start game with custom character to have the faith and culture, and go to council tab and crash

I suppose i can try to make a character not of the culture or faith and try to convert to them (though I dont know exactly how to convert to the culture because...it wont be in the world to convert to I dont think)...or maybe just start with the faith..I dont know if the culture is important...like things being tied to being one of the Atalantean cultures

edit: tested a couple of other things, appears to be the cultures. While any other culture the game believes you are missing a councilor and gives you the "missing councilor" button but no missing positions are seen (because its not showing the one from this mod even though thats what it sees as missing), I am able to go in the tab as other cultures but as the either of the Atalantean cultures it crashes trying to go in the tab

Edited by BADshadow
testing things
14 hours ago, HiveBro said:

Interesting. At this point, I think I'll have to completely rewrite the Atalantean culture from scratch. Afraid I can't give a timeframe on that, but for now please avoid using Atalantean cultured characters.

Alrighty, you may wan't to look into changing or updating the council.gui as well. Might have some stuff in there that screws up though I'm not sure. I know they changed council stuff in the update (gui wise as well) such as adding new buttons/options for some of the members as well as changing what some of them do slightly. Perhaps try converting the council position to a Court position (the new stuff from the update "Court positions")

just curious though, are you locked from doing or getting things if you aren't the culture? like cant make the empire or cant get the units?

Edited by BADshadow
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2022 at 4:50 PM, HiveBro said:

There's one final (Saoshaint style) trait you can gain. Other than that, you only lose out on very minor things.

figured I'd give a small update, I been going through a game of ck3 with everpreg and found that you can effectively do everything without issue. (unadvised to start game as the Atalantean cultures) however when you create the empire/ embrace the culture you can do things without crashing if you hybrid the culture (i.e. embrace then hybrid with your previous culture) then everything works fine.

i have noticed that everpreg saoshyant descendant doesnt...seem to work...you can become god-empress through the decision but no one in your dynasty (or children even if created/birthed after you become god-empress) gets the descendant trait

I was able to do the normal "The savior" decision and have them have divine blood that way, which I thought wasn't suppose to be possible as these traits are "antideluvian version of the Savior-trait." and "antideluvian version of the Divine Blood-trait."
so, is that not working the way as intended?
and I also looked into the Men at arms and saw that you have counters set up but disabled. curious as to why

Edited by BADshadow
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Kinda wish the hyperpreg characters would "give birth" at regular intervals(perhaps speeding up or slowing down based on some stat), but instead of adding a child to your family, create a lowborn child with no claims in your court(or could even be wandering) and send a notification.

Mod works, however I have no clue how to make the fix for the latest bug fix version. using the older .mod file allows for the mod to be installed however this may also be the cause of the pregnant belly on characters becoming jagged balls of spikes... I think anyone have an idea as to what might be causing this?CBO?

Nevermind it is CBO that is incompatible with this mod

Edited by Freelanceactual
Figured it out
On 9/5/2022 at 9:06 PM, ct5555 said:

I get a crash to desktop whenever I load it, I'm playing in the most recent version of the game (1.6.1.2). Any ideas?

Unfortunately not at the moment, at the time of your comment I had a build that worked for 1.6.1.2. However with 1.7 released I dont know if any potential breaks that have introduced due to new game version.
So for now anyone who gets bugs or crashing, know this mod is for a much older build (the one I have was jury rigged by myself as I was doing some edits and fixing trying to help HiveBro and such)

So, until HiveBro comes back (if HiveBro comes back at this point) from busy life, this mod is broken and unless you know how to make changes to mods for compatibility and such I recommend not downloading for now

On 9/13/2022 at 5:46 AM, BADshadow said:

Unfortunately not at the moment, at the time of your comment I had a build that worked for 1.6.1.2. However with 1.7 released I dont know if any potential breaks that have introduced due to new game version.
So for now anyone who gets bugs or crashing, know this mod is for a much older build (the one I have was jury rigged by myself as I was doing some edits and fixing trying to help HiveBro and such)

So, until HiveBro comes back (if HiveBro comes back at this point) from busy life, this mod is broken and unless you know how to make changes to mods for compatibility and such I recommend not downloading for now

Thankfully rolling back CK3 is very easy just select the old game build you want from steam under the Beta's tab and Presto! that being said you mind sharing the build for 1.6.1.2 cause I am still having a little bit of trouble getting the mod to work on that version of the game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2022 at 5:58 PM, Freelanceactual said:

Thankfully rolling back CK3 is very easy just select the old game build you want from steam under the Beta's tab and Presto! that being said you mind sharing the build for 1.6.1.2 cause I am still having a little bit of trouble getting the mod to work on that version of the game.

sorry about not responding mate, I dont check LL overly often
anyway, I could but again its more of a highly "experimental" and "jury rigged" build...changing unit typings, some building effects, adding flavor text to some things...I'm not entirely sure if it all even really works without console commands
but if thats ok with you then I suppose I could...I just didnt want to do  it because its not my place to release or distribute someones work (mod) without their permission

alright so, I checked it out, and I am able to load the old save with this version that I was messing with (of course some stuff was messed up because I disabled some mods that were old that I didn't update yet) however Atalantea (EverPreg or as I renamed it EverPreg2 for me to know which is the original and which is my edit) seems fine, checked most of the areas that usually give issue, no crashes
version mark is 1.5.1.1 however loads into 1.7 without issue, that save lags however not sure if its the size of my Empire (full Atalantea Empire plus the High Sea Empire) or the amount of Family in that save (living members=509...plus all the dead ones it keeps track of)

I'm still iffy on sharing without permission though...just don't wanna get into trouble..you know...

here's what I'm going to do i'mma put it in here and if they ask me to take it down or remove it I will
but for now I will have this here

note: please refer to my previous posts on the subject of the "culture problem", in game if you are the modded cultures you will crash going into the councilor tab, you can bypass the issue by starting off as a different, embracing the modded culture, then hybrid the modded culture with your original one or any other (as it is now a new culture) but I can not recall if the decisions are affected ( I believe they were mostly linked to the religion though)
as for the .mod files, well there is a readme but you need to change the path of the EverPreg2.mod (because I really dont know how to make the descriptors point automatically to the location...I only know how to fix/do certain things in the modding area ?
sorry for the long post/explanation.

if you have questions I'll look in every now and then hope it actually works for others, as I said I'm not good with descriptors (the ".mod" files) so if the game doesn't recognize the mod that would be the problem

EverPreg2.7z

Edited by BADshadow
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I'm looking for some advice regarding this mod. Im fairly new to the Crusader king Franchise so inexperience is possibly a factor, but, whenever I start a game using on the recommended locations, such as crimea, Kiev or Naxos, my ruler keeps revoking my title within a minute of starting the game. I set the game to the easiest difficulty, changed options to make people tolerant of other religions and everything, but, no matter what I do, I always lose the game before even a single in game year passes. is there anythign I can do to enjoy this mod properly? I want to do the whole conversion to the religion and slowly convert my subjects to it, but I can't even get a start without failing right away. any tips?

• 3 months later...

Due to the length of time the creator has been unresponsive, I have authored a patched version.
This is simply a bugfix release and contains no major functionality changes.
View development work here: https://gitgud.io/psanchez64/Everpreg
feel free to contribute.

@BADShadow, thank you for your work on this mod. I included several of your fixes into this release.
I think the "monster" category is a good idea, but didn't include it in this release as it is a functionality change.

This version (7.0) has been tested to work with version 1.5 of CK3, along with version 1.5.2 of carnalitas: https://gitgud.io/cherisong/carnalitas/-/tree/1.5.2/

everpreg_7.0.7z

On 2/27/2023 at 5:44 PM, psanchez64 said:

Due to the length of time the creator has been unresponsive, I have authored a patched version.
feel free to contribute.

@BADShadow, thank you for your work on this mod. I included several of your fixes into this release.
I think the "monster" category is a good idea, but didn't include it in this release as it is a functionality change.

This version (7.0) has been tested to work with version 1.5 of CK3, along with version 1.5.2 of carnalitas: https://gitgud.io/cherisong/carnalitas/-/tree/1.5.2/

everpreg_7.0.7z 4.54 MB · 20 downloads

I understand the monster maa type was a big change but it was a needed one in my opinion due to the size of that particular unit and the fact that every unit added by this mod was categorized as "heavy infantry" or "Heavy cavalry". (which I changed each of them to a different type depending on their look and size)
Which I do see that you put them back to only Heavy infantry/cavalry just saying. However good work on bugfixing and keeping the mod alive so to say thank you.

Edited by BADshadow
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/27/2023 at 11:44 PM, psanchez64 said:

feel free to contribute.

everpreg_7.0.7z 4.54 MB · 42 downloads

For some reason I can't get this to work with with my current modlist although I haven't seen where it would conflict. Relevant mods are Carnalitas Dei, CBO. New faith dosent show up in character creator. It mostly seems like the entire mod is ignored.

On 2/27/2023 at 11:44 PM, psanchez64 said:

feel free to contribute.

everpreg_7.0.7z 4.54 MB · 50 downloads

I've installed this and nothing else but my game always ctds on startup and it's at a point where my error log is completely blank

On 4/3/2023 at 2:41 PM, EEereer said:

I've installed this and nothing else but my game always ctds on startup and it's at a point where my error log is completely blank

CK3 did update again so it is possible that this will need to be "patched" again...

ps: remember that the "patches" of late are fans of the mod patches and not official patches or updates from the author. (as  of this point it may be that this mod is actually "dead" and needs to be taken up by a new person)

• 1 month later...