[mod] Atalantea: A Tentacle Themed Hyperpregnancy Mod

On 6/8/2021 at 3:29 PM, stegodyphus said:

I haven't encountered problems yet!

I kinda wonder if I could set up lifestyles for this mod...

I'm always happy to let folks do whatever they want with the code I put together. Not much time to do modding myself right now, but if you wanted to throw something together and had questions about how the mod works, I'd be happy to answer.

On 6/11/2021 at 10:25 AM, HiveBro said:

I'm always happy to let folks do whatever they want with the code I put together. Not much time to do modding myself right now, but if you wanted to throw something together and had questions about how the mod works, I'd be happy to answer.

Just digging into it now - it is a lot easier to appreciate the scope of work you've put in. So far, just dinking around, I was able to add a new page of lifestyles, and I can probably tie exp bonuses to having certain traits from your mod proper. I would need to add textures to that, which isn't my forte.

I suppose, if I continued, I would like to add two-to-three different perk trees. I see a fertility-boosting option that competes with diplomacy's, with perhaps more bonuses to your culture group... and a "Siren" themed one that might have more of a Military/Intrigue analogue. Bonuses to unique units and buildings?

The last one eludes me.

I kinda wonder what it would take to bring more ways to "interact" with our squiggly overlords into the game. My personal kinks aside, this is great work and I hope you feel encouraged to continue!

Glad you enjoy the mod. I typically work on mods when I'm playing the games they're attached to, so when the next major expansion draws me in I'll be liable to get back into working on this mod.

Both of those sound reasonable. Fertility/intrigue/economics are the biggest themes for Atalanteans, so maybe a trade/seduction focused economics tree? Could culminate in a trait that gives you the ability to seduce nearby rulers into favorable trade deals (via event) that applies a positive modifier to you, a negative modifier to them, and makes them like you more.

• 1 month later...

Really good so far, I hope this is still being worked on!
I know you aren't good with 3D modeling however it'd nice to have a patch or update for "Character Body Overhaul" due to it actually changing a lot of (if not all) the body modeling stuff causing either (if this is loaded before) not showing any pregnancy belly from the mod or (if it's loaded after) turning woman into a spiky mess of polygons. Just letting ya know...

Edited by BADshadow
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/8/2021 at 10:32 PM, BADshadow said:

Really good so far, I hope this is still being worked on!
I know you aren't good with 3D modeling however it'd nice to have a patch or update for "Character Body Overhaul" due to it actually changing a lot of (if not all) the body modeling stuff causing either (if this is loaded before) not showing any pregnancy belly from the mod or (if it's loaded after) turning woman into a spiky mess of polygons. Just letting ya know...

Yeah, can second this. 

• 5 months later...

Actually been testing and got a version that works alright. I'll post it up shortly. For CBO, you'd need a patch of some sort. I was messing around with one a while back, but CBO doesn't seem to play too nicely with the new patch so I'm going to have to wait until it's updated to do more work on it. 

Edit: Uploaded new version. Let me know if you run into any issues.

Edit edit: Quick screenshot of how modded characters appear in royal court:

Spoiler

20220210161256_1.thumb.jpg.32cfbf2eaaa02a8670a8f248a2a31109.jpg

Edited by HiveBro

Thanks for the quick update! Unfortunately whenever I try to launch a new game with a custom ruler that has the antideluvian religion, CK immediately CTDs.

Tested a bunch to see how to reproduce this, the only thing I could narrow it down to was the religion aspect. Any clues why this could be happening?

Spoiler

Application: Crusader Kings III 
Version: 1.5.0.1 
Date/Time: 2022-02-11 12:05:56

Unhandled Exception C0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION) at address 0x00007FF67FBA6BDB

Stack Trace: 
  1    ck3.exe                  (function-name not available) (+ 0)
  2    ck3.exe                  (function-name not available) (+ 0)
  3    ck3.exe                  (function-name not available) (+ 0)
  4    ck3.exe                  (function-name not available) (+ 0)
  5    ck3.exe                  (function-name not available) (+ 0)
  6    ck3.exe                  (function-name not available) (+ 0)
  7    ck3.exe                  (function-name not available) (+ 0)
  8    ck3.exe                  (function-name not available) (+ 0)
  9    ck3.exe                  (function-name not available) (+ 0)
  10   ck3.exe                  (function-name not available) (+ 0)
  11   ck3.exe                  (function-name not available) (+ 0)
  12   ck3.exe                  SDL_StopTextInput (+ 1525972)
  13   ck3.exe                  (function-name not available) (+ 0)
  14   ck3.exe                  (function-name not available) (+ 0)
  15   ck3.exe                  (function-name not available) (+ 0)
  16   ck3.exe                  SDL_StopTextInput (+ 1526869)
  17   ck3.exe                  SDL_StopTextInput (+ 2464301)
  18   ck3.exe                  SDL_StopTextInput (+ 2617513)
  19   ck3.exe                  SDL_StopTextInput (+ 2617927)
  20   ck3.exe                  SDL_DYNAPI_entry (+ 1516804)
  21   KERNEL32.DLL             BaseThreadInitThunk (+ 20)
  22   ntdll.dll                RtlUserThreadStart (+ 33)
  23   ntdll.dll                RtlUserThreadStart (+ 33)

Also having some issue unfortunately. From the error log it's either:

Spoiler

[19:37:20][jomini_script_system.cpp:208]: Script system error!
  Error: Failed to fetch a valid culture 'everpreg_atalantean'
  Script location: file: common/culture/innovations/everpreg_cultural_maa_innovations.txt line: 13
[19:37:20][jomini_script_system.cpp:208]: Script system error!
  Error: Failed to fetch a valid culture 'everpreg_atalantean_ancient'
  Script location: file: common/culture/innovations/everpreg_cultural_maa_innovations.txt line: 14

or

Spoiler

[19:20:38][jomini_script_system.cpp:208]: Script system error!
  Error: Failed to fetch a valid religion 'everpreg_antideleuvianism'
  Script location: file: events/everpreg_delve_into_the_classics_events.txt line: 50

I imagine cultures have to be adjusted to work with new system, but I'm not sure why it can't find the religion.

Ah! Damn. Must be changes to culture and religion I didn't catch. For now, you should be able to play with many of the mechanics reasonably well by creating a unique religion with the Siren's Wombs tenet. You can do everything but form the Antideluvian Empire. Most non-Abrahamic faiths can implement the tenet. 

I'll see if I can isolate the area where the culture and religion defines have changed and get a fixed version out shortly.  

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for putting work in to this. A few suggestions to remove some errors (this would be easier if there were a git repo with the code ;) ?

file has no BOM. save with BOM or insert 0xEF BB BF at beginning of file:
common/scripted_effects/everpreg_dic_effects.txt
events/everpreg_delve_into_the_classics_events.txt
events/everpreg_dic_roman_culture_events.txt
events/everpreg_giant_cecaelias_events.txt
common/modifiers/everpreg_delve_in_classics_modifiers.txt

"frame" is no longer supported for events I think. delete line?
common/activities/00_activity_everpreg_pilgrimage.txt:6
common/activities/00_activity_everpreg_witch_ritual.txt:5

you set flag block_convert_to_everpreg_witchcraft but read block_convert_to_everpreg_witch
common/schemes/convert_to_everpreg_witchcraft_scheme.txt:40

Add strings (with suggested content):
localization/english/religion/everpreg_tenets_l_english.yml:
convert_to_everpreg_witch_scheme_invalidated_title:0 "scheme invalidated! oh no!"
everpreg_fervor_gain_become_chakravarti:0 "The gods smile upon us"

localization/english/everpreg_l_english.yml:
NEPHILA_TRADE_GIFT_PROPOSAL:0 "Propose gifts"

change_fervor now requires a description
common/decisions/everpreg_decisions.txt line: 570
change_fervor = {
    value = major_fervor_gain
    desc = everpreg_fervor_gain_become_chakravarti
}

Unknown trigger type: female_only
replace with is_female in all files

Unknown trigger type: is_adult_house_member

replace is_adult_house_member with is_adult

years now go inside of add_character_modifer:
enable regex replacement and replace
add_character_modifier = (.*)\n(\s*)years = (\d+)
with
add_character_modifier = {\n$2\tmodifier = $1\n$2\tyears = $3\n$2}

bad AND trigger:
file: common/character_interactions/00_everpreg_witch_interactions.txt line: 363
 remove the AND (it's AND by default)

Also, these errors pop up, and they *do say* that they will cause crashes:

[23:57:49][culture_template.cpp:180]: Missing localization for everpreg_atalantian_group_collective_noun
[23:57:49][culture_template.cpp:185]: Missing localization for everpreg_atalantian_group_prefix
[23:57:49][culture_template.cpp:190]: Culture everpreg_atalantian_group has no ethnicities. Will cause crashes
[23:57:49][culture_template.cpp:212]: No culture GFX building_gfx for everpreg_atalantian_group
[23:57:49][culture_template.cpp:212]: No culture GFX clothing_gfx for everpreg_atalantian_group
[23:57:49][culture_template.cpp:212]: No culture GFX unit_gfx for everpreg_atalantian_group
[23:57:49][culture_template.cpp:212]: No culture GFX coa_gfx for everpreg_atalantian_group
[23:57:49][culture_template.cpp:218]: No name list for everpreg_atalantian_group
[23:57:49][culture_template.cpp:175]: Culture missing localization for }
[23:57:49][culture_template.cpp:180]: Missing localization for }_collective_noun
[23:57:49][culture_template.cpp:185]: Missing localization for }_prefix
[23:57:49][culture_template.cpp:190]: Culture } has no ethnicities. Will cause crashes
[23:57:49][culture_template.cpp:198]: No pillar in slot ethos for }
[23:57:49][culture_template.cpp:198]: No pillar in slot heritage for }
[23:57:49][culture_template.cpp:198]: No pillar in slot language for }
[23:57:49][culture_template.cpp:198]: No pillar in slot martial_custom for }
[23:57:49][culture_template.cpp:212]: No culture GFX building_gfx for }
[23:57:49][culture_template.cpp:212]: No culture GFX clothing_gfx for }
[23:57:49][culture_template.cpp:212]: No culture GFX unit_gfx for }
[23:57:49][culture_template.cpp:212]: No culture GFX coa_gfx for }
[23:57:49][culture_template.cpp:218]: No name list for }

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately you may need to make two versions of the mod, because with the DLC the game looks for all these new keys. ethos, heritage, language, traditions and martial customs for cultures. Without those keys defined it most likely nulls and causes a crash if a user has Royal Court. But with the keys without the DLC may crash the game as well...because it's unrecognized.
(which btw you can make new traditions for the culture itself..like say get the men at arms)

As for the religion, you may need to redo 00_core_tenets.text with the new games version of 00_core_tenets.text...If you haven't do so, might be a conflict between yours and update

(regardless you most likely would be asked to make a version for Royal Court and one without it)

I have made some bug fixes for my own play. If there are no problems, I'd like to re-upload it here to share, if that's ok?

• I have confirmed that I can play through the `Delve into classics` event to convert to the antideluvian faith, make pilgrimages and expand belly, and finally become a saoshyant with a huge belly.
  • The atalantean culture is so far an East Slavic clone.
  • Culture and MAA can probably be used, but not confirmed.
  • The witch event is still completely untouched.
  • Reduced some of the error log occurrences.
  • Made up for some of the missing localization keys.

that'd be cool, I'd really like to play this mod again (though I understand if they wouldn't want you to)
also is this able to be used with "Character Body Overhaul" yet or do i need a different nude body mod? (I remember huge problems with the two not working together)

On 3/17/2022 at 10:11 AM, sleptfrog said:

I have made some bug fixes for my own play. If there are no problems, I'd like to re-upload it here to share, if that's ok?

• I have confirmed that I can play through the `Delve into classics` event to convert to the antideluvian faith, make pilgrimages and expand belly, and finally become a saoshyant with a huge belly.
  • The atalantean culture is so far an East Slavic clone.
  • Culture and MAA can probably be used, but not confirmed.
  • The witch event is still completely untouched.
  • Reduced some of the error log occurrences.
  • Made up for some of the missing localization keys.

That would be great! Could you explain how you resolved the issues/what you changed? I've only been able to work on the mod off-and-on, but have been banging my head against the wall when it comes to the pre-baked culture/religion issues. 

On 3/25/2022 at 5:51 AM, HiveBro said:

That would be great! Could you explain how you resolved the issues/what you changed? I've only been able to work on the mod off-and-on, but have been banging my head against the wall when it comes to the pre-baked culture/religion issues. 

As for the main bug, the problem of antideluvian faith not working, it seems to be due to the missing description of `graphical_faith = pagan_gfx` in my environment.
Culture, I reworked it with reference to the vanilla culture. (Basically, it looks like cultual_group is replaced by heritage)
Pilgrimage events, some variables remained vanilla (no everpreg prefix), and in the chakravarti event, a non-existent trait was specified. (probably a substitution error).
Some definitions of bs_body_belly_x were missing in the gene attribute.

Attached is a bug-fixed file for your reference. If there are any problems, I will delete them. (Sorry if there are any modifications left for my own use.)

Atalantea_v6_bugfix.7z

1 hour ago, Manchura said:

wait so the whole reason my game keeps having a stroke since royal courts came out was this mod being broken? wow, good to know I guess

yeah, the free update + royal court added/changed things with cultures (and faiths/regions) that this mod doesnt have thus creates a "null" causing fatal errors, the fix that Sleptfrog uploaded above deals with that. However I have experienced a crash going to the council tab (which made me think back..I remember, i believe this mod had an extra council position) that might be the problem, though I could be remembering wrong...or it could just be me and my problem (something with my game or pc)

Edited by BADshadow