Man, this thing is evil. There is no way to get through the waterlogged levels without Nighteye or a very long-lasting Candlelight. Once the light's out you might as well load a previous save. I spent 4 hours this evening trying to find a way out, until I finally gave up and cheated to the exit. After backtracking I found out that I HAD BEEN SO CLOSE to finding it  legitimately, it just never occurred to me

Spoiler

to dive in that specific location and look for archway.

Brilliant stuff.

One thing if I may complain though, the lady that gives you the map in Bee and Barb keeps force greeting constantly, even after buying it off her. It really gets annoying after a while if you either don't have money to buy it or want to do other stuff. I noticed also you appear to have made changes to the top floor of the inn and it clashes with other interior overhauls.

2 hours ago, belegost said:

Man, this thing is evil. There is no way to get through the waterlogged levels without Nighteye or a very long-lasting Candlelight. Once the light's out you might as well load a previous save. I spent 4 hours this evening trying to find a way out, until I finally gave up and cheated to the exit. After backtracking I found out that I HAD BEEN SO CLOSE to finding it  legitimately, it just never occurred to me

Reveal hidden contents

to dive in that specific location and look for archway.

Brilliant stuff.

One thing if I may complain though, the lady that gives you the map in Bee and Barb keeps force greeting constantly, even after buying it off her. It really gets annoying after a while if you either don't have money to buy it or want to do other stuff. I noticed also you appear to have made changes to the top floor of the inn and it clashes with other interior overhauls.

Thank you friend. I have just come to realize that (regarding the force greet). I'll try and fix that with the next update. As for the interior changes, I really wanted to make the operative to have her own room rented in B&B, but all, except for the player one, were already occupied, so I had to add a new one. I can't take it back now, as that would mean loss of a lot of progress, sorry :( But you can always use the older version, without that woman. That version doesn't have the books either, and a permanent marker is put over the maze, right from the start. But otherwise, apart for some cosmetics, it works the same.

On 9/30/2021 at 2:21 AM, gargamel9 said:

Thank you friend. I have just come to realize that (regarding the force greet). I'll try and fix that with the next update. As for the interior changes, I really wanted to make the operative to have her own room rented in B&B, but all, except for the player one, were already occupied, so I had to add a new one. I can't take it back now, as that would mean loss of a lot of progress, sorry :( But you can always use the older version, without that woman. That version doesn't have the books either, and a permanent marker is put over the maze, right from the start. But otherwise, apart for some cosmetics, it works the same.

Oh, is it easy to fix? I kinda wanna download this, but i'm not sure how badly excessive greets are. I can't quite imagine it or if its something one can stop themselves, but i'm very interested in getting this.?

On 10/5/2021 at 3:32 AM, Tayte said:

Oh, is it easy to fix? I kinda wanna download this, but i'm not sure how badly excessive greets are. I can't quite imagine it or if its something one can stop themselves, but i'm very interested in getting this.?

Well, for a seasoned modder the fix will be very easy, for me, it'll take some figuring out how to make the NPC remember that she'd already greeted the PC, but I don't think it'll be too difficult. I do play the game with the mod myself, and it does get a bit annoying, but definitely not game-breaking. The woman will start talking to you in the Bee and the Barb, if you get within 180 or so units of her. She does not get up and walk towards you on her own initiative, so as long as you hold other conversation at B&B at a distance from her, she won't interfere. It's safe to download and use. Keep the mod towards the end of your load order. The mod can cause issues or even CTDs in combination with some other mods, in particular those which change the navmesh in locations close to where I edited the navmesh, i.e. B&B, the Frostbite Clan Manor. I recommend using MO2, as even when problems occur, it does not break the game and the mod can be safely removed. Enjoy!   

1 hour ago, gargamel9 said:

Well, for a seasoned modder the fix will be very easy, for me, it'll take some figuring out how to make the NPC remember that she'd already greeted the PC, but I don't think it'll be too difficult. I do play the game with the mod myself, and it does get a bit annoying, but definitely not game-breaking. The woman will start talking to you in the Bee and the Barb, if you get within 180 or so units of her. She does not get up and walk towards you on her own initiative, so as long as you hold other conversation at B&B at a distance from her, she won't interfere. It's safe to download and use. Keep the mod towards the end of your load order. The mod can cause issues or even CTDs in combination with some other mods, in particular those which change the navmesh in locations close to where I edited the navmesh, i.e. B&B, the Frostbite Clan Manor. I recommend using MO2, as even when problems occur, it does not break the game and the mod can be safely removed. Enjoy!   

Do you think it will take long before you get the next update out? I wish I could help, but understandably modding is hard. So take all the time you need.
I am also curious which updates you have in store. I read a bit you had plans for the maze mainly.

Navmeshes shouldn't be an issue. I don't have many overhauls in the game at the moment.

42 minutes ago, Tayte said:

Do you think it will take long before you get the next update out? I wish I could help, but understandably modding is hard. So take all the time you need.
I am also curious which updates you have in store. I read a bit you had plans for the maze mainly.

Navmeshes shouldn't be an issue. I don't have many overhauls in the game at the moment.

I might release one more update for APM in the (relatively) shorter term, addressing the force-greet and maybe implementing map and compass restrictions within the maze, but at the moment I am fully committed to preparing for my new job, what involves a fair amount of training away from home, so it's quite likely there won't be any more updates this year. It's not just the time needed in itself, but also that in order to make some meaningful progress, the time available needs to be in one long stretch, rather than many shorter periods, because it always takes me quite a while before I get my bearings with regards to the work already done and before I get into the flow. I'd love some help, but I don't really see how to organize it. The one thing that could work, is get some female voice acting done from others, as synthing the actors' voices consumes a huge amount of time. There was a gal with a nice voice, who contacted me and offered to do the dubbing, but when it was time to get started, she simply stopped communicating, so it was just a waste of my time, of which there is so little, so I am a bit wary of this, too, now.
I suppose I would need some serious funding in order to get stuff done in short order, but that's just a dream, and now it's too late for that anyway, as I already have made commitments elsewhere. So, I suppose, you can pray to the Nine :)
Or, I guess, if someone much more competent than me would be willing to take over my work (possibly redo it), while leaving the direction and all the design choices to me, that would be just fine, too, but that's even more of a fantasy than funding.

As for my plans, I just put those in my blog, so go there, if you want more info, but TLDR: APM is nearly complete and won't be updated (relative to the other mods) very frequently. A new mod is 70% complete and that's where my focus is now. After that, I'll focus on AS and its slavery plugins, which is where the real fun will finally start. But that's probably still years away.

You can believe me I'd love to get stuff done quicker, as building these mods, I am building an ultimate fantasy for myself, which I am very motivated to complete. But the real world has its limitations :)
Thanks for your interest, though, and enjoy! And, don't forget to download my Immersive Jail Bars – a must, for people enjoying being imprisoned – and Ambient Slaves (AS), if you want to see (non-interactive) slave traders at Skyrim's capitals.

On 9/29/2021 at 9:46 PM, Mr. Andersong said:

Uh, good news i guess, idk wtf i actually did but i passed the Mod through Cathedral and did somethin and now it works. I have no bugs or problems so far so it's looking good, and no conflicts so far with the other mods i have, thanks for the superb mod mate, cheers again! ?

May I ask what cathedral is? I assume its not the weather mod I find when I google it.

Also is it possible you could send your version of the mod after running it through such things? Perhaps it would somehow work with mine? Maybe that's not how such things work. I have no idea.

Edited by Tayte
5 hours ago, Tayte said:

May I ask what cathedral is? I assume its not the weather mod I find when I google it.

Also is it possible you could send your version of the mod after running it through such things? Perhaps it would somehow work with mine? Maybe that's not how such things work. I have no idea.

Cathedral Assets Optimizer, more commonly referred to simply as CAO. It's the one-stop-shop for converting mod assets from LE to SE. It doesn't convert form 43 plugins to form 44 though, afaik.

11 hours ago, jjoe0 said:

it keeps crashing everytime I launch the save game or start a new game

This does happen, unfortunately, in combination with some other, yet-to-be-determined, mods. Possibly due to navmesh conflicts.
A few things you could try to resolve the issues, which have worked in the past for me and some other users:

- Try loading a clean save

- Reinstall everything, including the base game and then load a clean save (I know, it's a pain in the ass, but I have done this so many times by now that I've gotten used to it)

- Try removing all mods that add statics around where I add my stuff (see gallery for reference), or create an alternate profile without those mods

- Use MO2 rather than Vortex

- Put my mods towards the end of the load order (high priority)

Ever since I've switched to MO2, I've had no issues whatsoever. If you are using MO2, then it's most likely a mod conflicting. In which case, I would much appreciate, if you could take the time and try disabling the other mods (especially those adding statics in the scenery and towns), one by one, until the game runs fine, whereby determining what mod is conflicting, so I can put it in the description for other users' benefit. Thanks!

5 hours ago, MysticDaedra said:

Cathedral Assets Optimizer, more commonly referred to simply as CAO. It's the one-stop-shop for converting mod assets from LE to SE. It doesn't convert form 43 plugins to form 44 though, afaik.

Ah yeah, if its only a converter for le to se, then it won’t do much. As I already play on SE.

6 hours ago, MysticDaedra said:

Tis' really strange that this did the trick for you, as I created all the mods in the SE CK, so I don't get what Cathedral is converting here...

1 hour ago, gargamel9 said:

Tis' really strange that this did the trick for you, as I created all the mods in the SE CK, so I don't get what Cathedral is converting here...

Not the guy who used CAO, but could it be that an asset or something was corrupted or had some form of problem with it, and running it through CAO fixed it? Just spitballing.

2 hours ago, MysticDaedra said:

Not the guy who used CAO, but could it be that an asset or something was corrupted or had some form of problem with it, and running it through CAO fixed it? Just spitballing.

I guess, and sorry for the assumption, didn't look further back than your post. There are so many variables in play with modding Skyrim that it's more alchemy than anything else. Hard to make any definite conclusions :)

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, Strompygames said:

My game is crashing when I try to start a save ( or a new game) with perilous maze installed

Can you give me a solution pls ?

Hello, I am sorry to hear that. The most likely cause is a conflict with another mod. Quite a few other players have reported similar issues, but I have never been able to reproduce them (except once, in which case a clean install of the game – be careful not to trigger an AE update – and all the mods resolved the issue – that was back when I was using Vortex. Now I use MO2 and I've never had to reinstall the game since). The most probable reason for the conflicts is navmesh incompatibility. Try and remove any mods that touch the interior of The Bee and Barb in Riften, or the area where the Frostbite Clan fort is located (north-east of the Darklight Tower). Alternatively, try using the older questless version of APM, which does not touch The Bee and Barb. There is a multitude of other possible reasons. Some of them have been discussed  here, and I believe a few people eventually managed to get the thing working, so I'd recommend going back in this thread and look for some tips. One solution which would probably work would be installing only the basic necessary mods, like SL and DD etc. and not much else and try then. I know I have done that more times than I can count with regards to other peoples' mods :), but ultimately it's up to you, whether you feel like this mod is worth the effort.

On 11/22/2021 at 5:19 PM, gargamel9 said:

Hello, I am sorry to hear that. The most likely cause is a conflict with another mod. Quite a few other players have reported similar issues, but I have never been able to reproduce them (except once, in which case a clean install of the game – be careful not to trigger an AE update – and all the mods resolved the issue – that was back when I was using Vortex. Now I use MO2 and I've never had to reinstall the game since). The most probable reason for the conflicts is navmesh incompatibility. Try and remove any mods that touch the interior of The Bee and Barb in Riften, or the area where the Frostbite Clan fort is located (north-east of the Darklight Tower). Alternatively, try using the older questless version of APM, which does not touch The Bee and Barb. There is a multitude of other possible reasons. Some of them have been discussed  here, and I believe a few people eventually managed to get the thing working, so I'd recommend going back in this thread and look for some tips. One solution which would probably work would be installing only the basic necessary mods, like SL and DD etc. and not much else and try then. I know I have done that more times than I can count with regards to other peoples' mods :), but ultimately it's up to you, whether you feel like this mod is worth the effort.

Ok thanks for the tips I will try because I really wanted to try your mod it look cool.

I was having the issue where I would CTD just after I passed the windmill near Riften.  As suggested, I passed the mod through Cathedral and it worked like a charm.  I didn't use CK for anything, just Cathedral.  I spent 49 minutes in the maze (was mapping it out while I went) until I came to a door I unlocked and ended up being captured and sent to Simple Slavery.  I do miss Dungeon Crawlers.  Back in the day, all RPG's were like this.

BTW, I use Vortex and this worked.

Anyway, here is my repacked zip file created through Cathedral.  Delete this post if you don't want this here.  I'll understand.

A Perilous Maze.zip

Edited by games2xs
6 hours ago, games2xs said:

I was having the issue where I would CTD just after I passed the windmill near Riften.  As suggested, I passed the mod through Cathedral and it worked like a charm.  I didn't use CK for anything, just Cathedral.  I spent 49 minutes in the maze (was mapping it out while I went) until I came to a door I unlocked and ended up being captured and sent to Simple Slavery.  I do miss Dungeon Crawlers.  Back in the day, all RPG's were like this.

Anyway, here is my repacked zip file created through Cathedral.  Delete this post if you don't want this here.  I'll understand.

A Perilous Maze.zip 10.42 MB · 1 download

Hello friend, thank you, this will be most useful., as I don't know anything about the workings of Cathedral, I'll post this right away. I'm glad you enjoyed the maze experience.

On 11/27/2021 at 4:44 AM, games2xs said:

A Perilous Maze.zip 10.42 MB · 3 downloads

Oh you got it to work? Really well done. I may have to test that, since I really wanted to try this mod. Have you tried ambient slaves too?  I could never get that mod to work, but I don't know if you're interested in that mod to go through the trouble. Maybe it already works without any errors for you.  It seems its mainly vortex users who has this issue weirdly enough.

EDIT: I have tested it now, but I guess that wasn't the problem on my end afterall. I still crash upon entering the game with it, but I appreciate the effort. 

Deviously cursed loot adds some buildings around whiteruns outerside, and prison overhaul adds a bunch of devices you can be tied to on the streets. So i'm just gonna suspect its these things crashing together with navmeshes, but if anyone else have crash issues, and tried these or the game works with these, I would like to know, because it could potentially help confirm what is causing it.

Edited by Tayte
On 11/26/2021 at 2:33 PM, Strompygames said:

Ok thanks for the tips I will try because I really wanted to try your mod it look cool.

If you have Netscript Framework installed is has a crash report that's really useful for trouble shooting these kind of crashed.