Error 504 Gateway time-out ???

forums working for me, everything else just times out. Bummer really but I should go find something else to do before my grumpiness gets me in trouble ; p  I really wanted to check for updates / new animations for my Sims game.  I figured it has been long enough that people would have had time to include the new furniture etc. from Nov.'s new content.  I've already updated all my off site mods, but they are more frame work mods, not actual content if you know what I mean.  All of that strictly resides here on LL.

Loverslab has always gone through occasional periods of lag and 504s.

Honestly, given the choice between the site being commercialized, tiered, gold memberships, whatever..., or getting the occasional 504, I'll take the 504. Ashal and the mods have made this a good place.

18 hours ago, woodsman30 said:

Read the comments.... LL is a free forum for people to enjoy gateway timeouts happen. You have a total of 6 post and you ask why the site is not working? Think about it.

Unless my eyes deceive me, this delightful gentleman has contributed 0 files and is best known for creating a "club" that shares fictional backstories on Skyrim NPCs... I know that's why -I- personally come to this site. LOL

Also, yeah, 504 errors abound. Not always an option, but try to get your DL'ing done at non-peak hours. Also, very nearly goes without saying, but regardless of server side hiccups, this site is greatly appreciated by all who frequent it.

5 hours ago, markdf said:

Honestly, given the choice between the site being commercialized, tiered, gold memberships, whatever..., or getting the occasional 504, I'll take the 504. Ashal and the mods have made this a good place.

I would honestly not mind if they served "ethical" ads (that means non intrusive, no popups and no malware on them). In fact I have even disabled uBlock Origin here because I do want to support the site as much as I can. You know how mobile games have "watch an ad and get coins!" ? I would be constantly and voluntarily watch ads if it meant I was helping people, too bad that's only on mobile and I can not find anything like this on PC.

15 hours ago, MainGoldDragon said:

I would honestly not mind if they served "ethical" ads (that means non intrusive, no popups and no malware on them). In fact I have even disabled uBlock Origin here because I do want to support the site as much as I can. You know how mobile games have "watch an ad and get coins!" ? I would be constantly and voluntarily watch ads if it meant I was helping people, too bad that's only on mobile and I can not find anything like this on PC.

Just sign out and browse as a guest.

So it's not a Busted ATT link, or snow? Don't answer that. I just wish Ashal was still around, I hear (I keep hearing) he is but all I see are his minions.

Stuff rocked. 

Not that he ever talked.

But now purges take place? (That was a statement, sort of.)

I don't wanna get purged, I respect your Lag.

Well, We started getting 504 errors...

A 504  Gateway Timeout errors indicates that a web server attempting to load a page for you did not get a timely response from another server from which it requested information. 

Then we started getting 502 errors...

A 502 Bad Gateway error means that the web server you’ve connected to is acting as a proxy for relaying information from another server, but it has gotten a bad response from that other server.

Then it was 500...

The 500 error code is a generic message that appears when something unexpected happened on the web server and the server cannot offer more specific information. 

With a 500 error - you don't even reach the website.

TODAY: All seems to be working well... so far.