Error 504 Gateway time-out ???

44 minutes ago, markdf said:

As far as I know, Ashal pays for this site mostly out of their own pocket and a trickle of advertising revenue. It's a miracle it even exists. Slowdowns and timeouts are pretty understandable.

I 100% understand that. What I am saying however is that, like, yesterdays it was fine with absolutely no problems. Today is a slugfest. I am not complaining, just pointing out the problem in case I am missing something like maintenance..... it's just the lack of communication.

45 minutes ago, MainGoldDragon said:

Again, what the fuck does my post count have to do with asking about the site not working.

And again, Who's complaining ???

He's saying you're a leech to the site because you only come here to download mods(which is what the site is for), and blaming you for the slowdowns.

Basically, he's being an asshole.

5 hours ago, ArchSkylar said:

oh wow, i thought it was my internet problem

Warning - Rocket Science follows.

If trying to connect to a particular site is problematic then try connecting to other sites. If the connecting to other sites is okay then the problem is probably not your Internet connection.

For what it is worth, connecting to this site has been bad for several day, including today, for me in the UK.

Same here - Most searches produce a 504

Uploading something near 100 MB or higher puts it in perpetual "Que".

Cant upload a new world or the supporting files. Not together - not separately.

And and FYI. 

Generalized client information such as how to do something, limits, protocols & procedures, seem to be very difficult to locate. 

Tried doing a search for the info but 504'ed. The one time I did get a result for that search found nothing after 6 pages.  Nothing PINED.

2 hours ago, kyrenne said:

He's saying you're a leech to the site because you only come here to download mods(which is what the site is for), and blaming you for the slowdowns.

Basically, he's being an asshole.

You know what ? That makes a lot of sense. I had my suspicions so thank you for confirming it. Some times I need someone to spell it out for me since this is the internet.

17 hours ago, MainGoldDragon said:

Who's complaining ? Also what does one have to do with the other ??

21 hours ago, woodsman30 said:

Funny how the complaints come from people who don't contribute jack shit.

how

21 hours ago, woodsman30 said:

Funny how the complaints come from people who don't contribute jack shit.

how funny a holes come out with the safety of anonymty all around them

For some this goes without saying 504 error screen we're seeing is due to the host having network, or hardware issues. The Server Node hosting certain parts of LL is most likely down. Lets just pray to the tech support gods that it's not a critical hardware failure.

there are too many modders going picture/gif happy on there pages or have a 2-3 page long description which takes a while to load combined with a lot of people using the site at the same time and well = 504 gateway error

all the flaming of and from idjits aside, what gives?  Do we need better security? Id be happy to up my monthly amount if it will help pay for better secured access.  This 504 error is way lame and terribly old school.  I cant believe we are being shut down by a bunch of script kiddies.