SexoutBreeder [V8.4] ZOMG an update edition. Titus Riverside Bugfix.

This mod isn't dead I hope...

No.. but it is on lifesupport hanging on.. Not compatible with the current Sexout, SCR, Pregnancy and perhaps many other mods based off those mods. It has been adopted and last I heard it was being worked but it is a very complex mod and lots of work would be needed to make it compatible.

the downlods broke

What is wrong with the "downlods".. I have no problem on my end.

Nah, too good of a mod to just up and die like that. User29 left but Jamil has since taken over.

I wanted to thank both him and Halstrom for trying to keep the mod relevant. The compilation pack of compatible files makes it super easy to jump back into everything. I also sent Jamil what few old files I had lying around.

Speaking of which, I was playing with Fenris again. Seems User29 did revert what he was going to do in order to leave him playable, but one of the minor glitches is still there. When asking him to breed you while heated, it removes the debuff but the alerts get thrown into a loop of spamming over and over. I don't expect anybody to fix a low priority bug, I'm just pointing it out to help keep track so older issues from where he left off aren't buried and lost under the pages. You can sort of work around it by not using that option, and it corrects itself after time.

I just hope that I didn't contribute to his eventual burnout because of bugging him about the coyotes.

Anyway, it is definitely a complex mod but it's not beyond salvaging. I've actually been examining that episode in the GECK and User29 seems to have made everything he did very clear and organized. It's easy to find out what things are referencing which. The assets are all prefixed to follow an identifying theme, so you can easily find them. I don't have much experience but I think it would be simple enough to reverse engineer the mod for small edits or content additions.

Truth be told I've already been rewriting one of the more significant dialog options with Fenris that I thought was lackluster. Stuff like that are simple and easy things to do, so if all else fails I might want to finish (some of) what he started.

BUT, and this is a big one, I expressed this to User29 in PMs months ago around the time of his burnout and never had the time to actually go through with it, so don't get your hopes up. Just because I'm saying this now and making it public knowledge doesn't mean that there's any promise of something coming from it. As it stands, all I'm doing is tinkering on small stuff for fun.

Furthermore, if I really wanted to go into depth with this, it's gonna be a bit of a pain since it looks like User29's account got terminated for some reason and every single last one of his posts that weren't quoted by somebody followed. He had a list of the random events he'd planned for the expanded Fenris before he switched over to the Deathclaws but that's gone now. Really bites as I wanted to use that post as a reference. He basically finished the Deathclaws. I very much doubt that they'll need anymore love, and even if they did, good luck thinking of what else to add. Seriously.

That and anything I do would represent a forked version and Jamil (and Halstrom?) would have to be aware of it for compatibility purposes, which complicates things further. They should carry on under the assumption that I'm not going to do anything just in case.

I hadn't realised User29's account disappeared, he may have been getting just too many support requests for Breeder and decided to start a new account.

I haven't played much of Breeder myself but from loking at it's code in GECK & FNVEdit many times, I can tell you it is probably one of the biggest mods for Sexout ever created, there's a lot of code in there, and a lot of it is dialogue and worlds space stuff for which I lack any real skill.

Unfortunately Breeder relies on the early clunky semen system in SCR, and SexoutSpunk makes a better replacement.

My thoughts are people wanting to have a crack at converting it should just do a separate esp for each episode or they are probably biting off more than they can chew. I'm happy to try answer any questions they may have relating to removed SCR requirements and how they worked. But I don't even keep those old versions of SCR or Pregnancy on my computer anymore.

I hadn't realised User29's account disappeared, he may have been getting just too many support requests for Breeder and decided to start a new account.

I haven't played much of Breeder myself but from loking at it's code in GECK & FNVEdit many times, I can tell you it is probably one of the biggest mods for Sexout ever created, there's a lot of code in there, and a lot of it is dialogue and worlds space stuff for which I lack any real skill.

Unfortunately Breeder relies on the early clunky semen system in SCR, and SexoutSpunk makes a better replacement.

My thoughts are people wanting to have a crack at converting it should just do a separate esp for each episode or they are probably biting off more than they can chew. I'm happy to try answer any questions they may have relating to removed SCR requirements and how they worked. But I don't even keep those old versions of SCR or Pregnancy on my computer anymore.

Those requirements are included in the files that Jamil released in the OP. All the files are there. AS for the system. I agree that episodes should be separated with perhaps on main Breeder EsM for the shared resources record tracking etc. However it is all moot as Jamil is the one that is the maintainer of the mod.

If User29 left it might have been for that reason. Several times I read people commenting on User not Jamil and this mod. I tried to correct the error where ever possible but .. you know how it is Halstrom. Anyway... User29 if you are out there.. PM me :D Ok.. I promise I won't let your secret out.. I am pretty sure Halstrom, DoctaSax and even Pride would like to know if you changed accounts as well ;). Keep in contact :D

AS far as Jamil is concerned He was having serious problems with the computer last I heard. he also wanted to work on streamlining some scripts and such with the mod as it is and as I understood it release it as a complete single mod like User had it before. So far no more contacts since then. He is regularly here on the site at least from his Profile so he hasn't went the way of User29... yet ;). For the members that enjoy this mod.. Halstrom is correct. This is a MASSIVE, MASSIVE, MASSIVE, mod. User literally moved mountains and did things to the game that is very complex and without notes and a serious understanding of what was done it will be incredibly difficult to update if it is even possible. I doubt DoctaSax, Halstrom, etc would even begin to attempt the updating of this mod.. it is critical that people have some patience. I combined the files and so far everything works better than I remembered it did before (which was months before User retired after fixing and finalizing his "masterpiece :P). I have only tried a few parts etc but so far nice and stable. It WORKS. So long as you only use those files given by Jamil.

Make no mistake, I'm definitely not underestimating the scale of the mod or where it's at right now. I'm just thinking about the little things that could be done with it... Nothing intensive. At least not until it's in a workable state compatible with the latest frameworks. But to get there, it obviously will need people working on that. If this is what you meant by a conversion, it's not within my scope.

But, singling out a specific episode within it is basically what I was thinking of doing anyway. One of the simpler ones. I am NOT touching those Deathclaws with a ten foot pole.

Who knows if you have some skill even minor and ability and time Jamil might still like some help. There could be some need for some testing and such for what he is working on. There is very likely a lot of grunt work.. Copy this from here to there and what not that someone that is just somewhat skilled the Geck can or should be able to do. If you do plan on making small episodes to add to this once it is stabilazied now is the best time to get in on the ground floor..

Also

I am NOT touching those Deathclaws with a ten foot pole.

That is OK... Titus likely has a ten foot reach so he will touch you... :D.

2 questions: 

I see people talking about an ant queen episode, but I can't find anything about how to start it, tried searching through 20 or so pages and didn't find anything about that... where do you start this? Is it still available?

Is this mod compatible AT ALL with latest sexout mods? I understand there are issues with some of the episodes, but would any of them work? I don't really want to downgrade all the other mods I have just to try this, considering I will likely remove it after a while of messing around with it.

2 questions: 

I see people talking about an ant queen episode, but I can't find anything about how to start it, tried searching through 20 or so pages and didn't find anything about that... where do you start this? Is it still available?

Strange I noticed that it isn't in the OP. Anyway not sure if it is still there but if you head to Nipton and go through towards Novac you have to go through an area with hills on both sides. On the right side you climb up and go towards the hill in front and find a pond if you see a house (Caesar's safe house I believe you are too far  north head back towards Nipton. It should be nearest the edge where you could see Nipton if memory serves me correctly. Not sure about the rest as when I last played it it wasn't functional as User was working on it. others would have to chime in on if it is fully functional now.

Is this mod compatible AT ALL with latest sexout mods? I understand there are issues with some of the episodes, but would any of them work? I don't really want to downgrade all the other mods I have just to try this, considering I will likely remove it after a while of messing around with it.

No. Sexout/SCR moved from an older system to a more reliable system. Breeder was based off of the older system. The breeding, pregnancy etc won't work. All the files you should need is provided for you in the OP's download. If you want I believe SexKey should work as well as some of the very oldl mods that have been around for years. They might still work with the parts that are still backwards compatible.

Above's answer in alien Green :D

No. Sexout/SCR moved from an older system to a more reliable system. Breeder was based off of the older system. The breeding, pregnancy etc won't work. All the files you should need is provided for you in the OP's download. If you want I believe SexKey should work as well as some of the very oldl mods that have been around for years. They might still work with the parts that are still backwards compatible.

Damn.

I suppose I could do a fresh install of the game in a different folder just for this mod, I really don't want to mess around with the other mods in my current game since everything is working how I want it to.

Thanks for the response though, if I do try a new install for this, I will let you know if the ant thing is still there.

On another thread Pride was trying to figure out what was causing the need for the older Sexout to be used. Might be possible that Breeder could be updated to fix this requirement which will at least allow newer Sexout mod to be used (not SCR and Pregnancy Jamil will have to address those issues it is too big for a quick fix) I am not sure if it will be done but keep your fingers crossed :D. Apparently and just guessing, the only changes in the past several months from this version might just be the animation numbering. I am seeing what "free work" can be done to help address this .. :D.

No, there are many other changes -- that's just my guess as to what might be causing it to not work properly with new sexout. Then a gain, it might actually work properly with the latest sexout. I don't think anyone actually knows. People are just blindly installing this and letting it overwrite the sexout ESM -- a very old version which will NOT work with the latest mods not included in this download pack.

So, on the off chance that somebody will actually read at least the first and last page of this thread before running of to PM me their problems...

IF YOU INSTALL THIS MOD, YOU GET NO SUPPORT FROM ME.

If you're a modder, and you are trying to fix it but are getting stuck, you can open a tech support thread as normal and include the sexout debug log there along with what you've already tried.

Q.Q ~ So many new mods added here so much to do. lol

Yep.. and one falling by the wayside :(

I have faith! Someone out there is gonna get it done.  :)

Yea... have you taken a look at the mods insides.. ;).. Those that have.. well close GECK and left...

:( We'll if its too complicated / time consuming to rework old code - might as well just start from scratch but keep any of the mutation content / files that can be transferred over. Start similar or brand new story scripts that could use the old PC mutations GFX's. 

I know nothing about coding so ya.... i just play the games!  :cool:

Q.Q ~ So many new mods added here so much to do. lol

Yep.. and one falling by the wayside :(

I have faith! Someone out there is gonna get it done.  :)

Yea... have you taken a look at the mods insides.. ;).. Those that have.. well close GECK and left...

:( We'll if its too complicated / time consuming to rework old code - might as well just start from scratch but keep any of the mutation content / files that can be transferred over. Start similar or brand new story scripts that could use the old PC mutations GFX's. 

I know nothing about coding so ya.... i just play the games!  :cool:

Yea you and me both :D