[mod] Regula Magistri

2 hours ago, Gagi114 said:

@Gabe LincolnI don't think vassals' vassals give the notification, my muslas' are all my direct vasals. Could look into it later on. As for foreign rulers, you can't convert them. Use Domination Casus Belli to go to war and make her yours.

1) It should. I shouldn't need to scour my realm for people that I can Dominate. Especially when there's already a notification for it.

2) She should've converted along when I did the thing that made the other women. It says that all women that aren't your primary wife become mulsa, so why wouldn't she have converted?

Edit: Thinking it over, I think that a cooldown on the "Show Book" interaction doesn't make sense. If the 50 prestige matters then the cooldown doesn't because it's likely to take longer to get back that 50 prestige than the cooldown, and if the 50 prestige doesn't matter then the cooldown becomes more of a nuisance than anything else.

Edited by Gabe Lincoln

@Gabe Lincoln, the Mulsa vassal-of-vassal notification was swapped to a Mulsa vassal-only one a few updates ago, to reduce clutter.  Plans to make it a swappable setting are ongoing, but I ran into trouble getting the code to work.

Only women in your realm switch from Spellbound to Mulsa. This is largely a balance decision, to make Fascinare a clear departure from Show Book.

@lazlo, that's a known issue with how royal court handles traditions.

@idkwhattoputy, I had so much trouble silencing all the "spouse cheats" code that I ended up rerouting the discovery events instead. Just a bit of flavour.

@zargod, honestly at this point we almost need a wiki. The mod has grown a lot more than I thought it would, in the early days.

7 minutes ago, bobbily said:

@Gabe Lincoln, the Mulsa vassal-of-vassal notification was swapped to a Mulsa vassal-only one a few updates ago, to reduce clutter.  Plans to make it a swappable setting are ongoing, but I ran into trouble getting the code to work.

Only women in your realm switch from Spellbound to Mulsa. This is largely a balance decision, to make Fascinare a clear departure from Show Book.

@lazlo, that's a known issue with how royal court handles traditions.

@idkwhattoputy, I had so much trouble silencing all the "spouse cheats" code that I ended up rerouting the discovery events instead. Just a bit of flavour.

@zargod, honestly at this point we almost need a wiki. The mod has grown a lot more than I thought it would, in the early days.

Oh, will you eventually silence all of them because it gets crazy trying to keep an eye on all of them and killing half the population lol

Yes, the three settings are going to be 1. All vassals, 2. Direct vassals (the current setting), 3. No one.

I haven't played with Carnalitas Dei at all, but from a cursory look the two seem pretty compatible. I'm sure there's a hitch somewhere, but it'd be pretty easy for someone else to ensure 100% compatibility.

5 minutes ago, bobbily said:

Oh, I misunderstood what you were asking.

If I could get rid of all the cheating interactions I would.  Paradox wove them in deep though.

Damn I hate paradox's obsession with cheating, maybe if I make every male homosexual it will stop lol. Thanks for answering my question and keep up the good work on the mod.

4 hours ago, dlombu said:

My daughter somehow became "One with the Book" without me doing the ritual. I don't even have control of the Holy Site that allows it. Is that a bug or an intended rare feature?

Bug.  I sometimes use that trait in debugging, so there's probably some errant code that needs pruning.

I now can survive successions in this mod(I'm still reduced to 1 county but I have enough money to fabricate claim to retake my duchy, which is good enough I guess)

But now I run in to the issue of inbreeding, particularly the inbred trait which has some pretty bad maluses. It'd be nice if magistrans have an ability that changes their inbred trait to its own positive trait, maybe even allow it to be reinforced like quick to smart to genius. For now I suppose I should install basic pure blood.

I like war of domination, but it's really finnicky, I basically have to take a county land bordering with the ruler I want to war with so I can trigger the domination war, which is dumb to me. It also cuts off any island countess/duchess since I can never border them.  It'd be nice if it was global or in diplo range.

I think the new spellbound secret thing is nice. I don't have to face waves of rebellions because most of my realm becomes magistran when the keeper of souls is released. If possible I'd like a new scheme or fascinare to be reworked to give spellbound secret to female rulers without changing their religion, that way I can trigger war for charmed vassals in nonmagistran realms without those vassals getting deposed by their liege or rebellions.

Edited by mynameis1234

As @Lodakai said:

common/laws both edit title succession. so youll have to merge them

common/religion/doctrines if you want the doctrines to be available youll have to edit those

as well as tenets

they should otherwise work together. I didn't look at events though. so you may want to peek through those

Carnalitis Dei has some good tenets as well as new religions for those interesting in religious playthroughs. @bobbily

Kinda new to this tbh so I don’t know if it’s normal or not but is this mod supposed to alter the amount of spouses/concubines you have?

It seems on my game, I still have a limit of four spouses despite being in the religion. It seems kinda against how this mod works with the new abilities if I can’t get them to marry me or be my concubine.

Maybe it doesn’t and I just have conflicting mods but the only other mod I have is the Carnalita one and the religion mods that it had that adds 3 new religion. Or maybe because it conflicts with my culture? I dunno. I’m pretty new to CK in general so I’m grasping in the dark here.

Edited by killatopak
24 minutes ago, killatopak said:

Kinda new to this tbh so I don’t know if it’s normal or not but is this mod supposed to alter the amount of spouses/concubines you have?

It seems on my game, I still have a limit of four spouses despite being in the religion. It seems kinda against how this mod works with the new abilities if I can’t get them to marry me or be my concubine.

Maybe it doesn’t and I just have conflicting mods but the only other mod I have is the Carnalita one and the religion mods that it had that adds 3 new religion. Or maybe because it conflicts with my culture? I dunno. I’m pretty new to CK in general so I’m grasping in the dark here.

Might want to check the culture you're playing. There are cultural traditions that limit the number of wives/concubines you can have, even if your religion allows more. I do not know if the reverse is true, however. Can you take concubines or additional wives if your culture allows it even if your religion doesn't?

Just checked, and it does seem like you can take multiple wives, even if your religion is monogamous. Not sure if there is the "In a polygamous marriage despite believing in Monogamy" opinion hit, though.

Edited by James_E_C
more info
18 minutes ago, James_E_C said:

Might want to check the culture you're playing. There are cultural traditions that limit the number of wives/concubines you can have, even if your religion allows more. I do not know if the reverse is true, however. Can you take concubines or additional wives if your culture allows it even if your religion doesn't?

Yeah I’m playing as an Irish. Basically the tutorial of the game. 

I looked into the culture and it is polygamous but it didn’t specify a limit. What cultures doesn’t have a limit?

7 minutes ago, James_E_C said:

Check the cultural tradition. I think it specifies 4 wives. Any culture with the Polygamous tradition would be limited to 4.

Yeah. I was back reading some stuff here and I encountered someone with the same problem. Basically the culture overrides the religion’s rules so any culture that are polygamous is stuck with the limit or four spouses. 

That sucks. I think I’ve played through the Irish Island more than 3 times and basically had my strategy memorized. I dunno how changing my culture and starting a new game again will affect my strats. Oh well.

First, you need to be culture head. Then you can reform the Irish culture to get rid of polygamy, but replacing it takes a long time.

Or you can diverge your culture to do the same thing. I haven't really fooled around with it much, considering that the prestige costs are astronomical do change anything. It's actually cheaper (and easier and quicker) to go from a reformed religion (like Catholicism) to a dead unreformed Hellenic religion, and then reform said religion with all 21 tenets from the "More Religious Tenets" mod. Without any of the perks/wonders that grant conversion/reformation decrease. AND convert your entire empire with your typical 4-6 learning village idiot as your Realm Priest. Totally ridiculous.

I want a mod that adds console commands that would allow you to add tenets to your cultural instantly.

10 minutes ago, BlakeRodriquez said:

I am now Emperor, but when my heir takes over I have to spend so much money claiming my orbas for weddings, as well as going through all the wedding ceremonies. Is there any mods that can reduce the cost or skip the ceremonies? Getting really annoying.

Is that a new feature and how did you get it? I think I have the latest version of the mod. I just claim an orba from the notification and that's it. Nothing else happens. It's also been like that in 1.4.4.

Quite fun mod for a proper "harem" patriarchal playthrough.

I think you should add some more sets of holy sites though, definitely something closer to east asia. Currently started in Xia, and just the nearest HS is 2 empires away from the capital.

13 hours ago, Shane843 said:

Would it be possible to get a list somewhere of where all the Holy Sites are and what they do? Make things a tad easier for those who want to start a game with one.

...\Crusader Kings III\mod\Regula_Magistri\common\religion\holy_sites\regula_holy_sites.txt

Spoiler

#Default/Mediterranean
reg_jerusalem = {
	county = c_jerusalem
	is_active = no

flag = holy_site_regula_virus_flag

character_modifier = {
		name = holy_site_reg_jerusalem_effect_name
		vassal_tax_mult = 0.2
	}
}

reg_lesbos = {
	county = c_lesbos
	barony = b_mytilene
	is_active = no

flag = holy_site_reg_offspring_flag

character_modifier = {
		name = holy_site_lesbos_effect_name
		prowess = 4
		health = 0.25
	}
}

reg_alexandria = {
	county = c_alexandria
	is_active = no

flag = regula_abice_maritus_active

character_modifier = {
		name = holy_site_reg_alexandria_effect_name
		monthly_lifestyle_xp_gain_mult = 0.1
		learning_per_piety_level = 2
	}
}

reg_carthage = {
	county = c_tunis
	is_active = no

flag = holy_site_reg_sanctifica_serva_flag

character_modifier = {
		name = holy_site_reg_carthage_effect_name
		monthly_piety_gain_per_knight_mult = 0.02
		levy_size = 0.1
	}
}

reg_brescia = {
	county = c_brescia
	is_active = no

flag = holy_site_reg_mulsa_fascinare_flag

character_modifier = {
		name = holy_site_reg_brescia_effect_name
		intrigue_per_piety_level = 2
		development_growth_factor = 0.1
	}
}

# Nordic
reg_rome = {
	county = c_roma
	is_active = no

}

reg_toulouse = { 
	county = c_toulouse
	barony = b_toulouse
	is_active = no

}

reg_krakow = {
	county = c_krakowska
	is_active = no

}

reg_gotland = { # More captives during siege?
	county = c_gutland
	is_active = no

}

reg_zeeland = {
	county = c_zeeland
	is_active = no

}

#Alexandrian

reg_baghdad = {
	county = c_baghdad
	is_active = no

}

reg_veria = { 
	county = c_veria
	is_active = no

}

reg_tyre = {
	county = c_acre
	barony = b_tyre
	is_active = no

}

reg_yazd = {
	county = c_yazd
	is_active = no

}

reg_lahur = {
	county = c_lahur
	is_active = no

}

#West Africa
reg_djenne = {
	county = c_jenne
	barony = b_jenne-jeno
	is_active = no

}

reg_wenyon = {
	county = c_wenyon
	is_active = no

}

reg_daura = { 
	county = c_daura
	is_active = no

}

reg_jara = {
	county = c_jara
	is_active = no

}

reg_oyo = {
	county = c_oyo
	is_active = no

}

Edited by Monedeath
11 hours ago, Gagi114 said:

Is that a new feature and how did you get it? I think I have the latest version of the mod. I just claim an orba from the notification and that's it. Nothing else happens. It's also been like that in 1.4.4.

Not sure what he means by holding weddings and it costing him. But the Orba claiming can be mildly annoying when it comes to vassals of vassals and having to manually track them down and re-dominate them. That was a new-ish feature introduced about a month ago in order to reduce event/message spam about "mulsa can be dominated." Considering that for a vassal's vassal to end up being an orba that means the previous magister had to either manually dominate them in the first place, or they gave their paelex to one of their vassals after the fact. In either case, not the handiwork of the mod itself, that's self-inflicted by the player.

I was referring to a list that could be read without having to parse through code. 

But in other news, I think the latest paradox patch broke something. On a clean install with only Carnalitas and RM I see a crash at the end of the first month after using the 'awaken the keeper' decision.

I tried this in multiple countries so I dont *think* it's another thing with culture tenets. I can provide an error log if needed.

Edit: Issue seems to have self resolved, not sure how

Edited by Shane843