[mod] Regula Magistri

1 hour ago, Shane843 said:

I was referring to a list that could be read without having to parse through code. 

But in other news, I think the latest paradox patch broke something. On a clean install with only Carnalitas and RM I see a crash at the end of the first month after using the 'awaken the keeper' decision.

I tried this in multiple countries so I dont *think* it's another thing with culture tenets. I can provide an error log if needed.

If you mouseover the various options when freeing the Keeper of Souls it will list the holy sites.

17 minutes ago, bobbily said:

If you mouseover the various options when freeing the Keeper of Souls it will list the holy sites.

Were there not differences depending on region? I vaguely recall that being a thing at some point.

As in, different bonuses in the Med vs Europe

Edited by Shane843

Can anybody explain why I'm not getting a religion change when I free the keeper of souls?

I have taken my mods back to Carnalitas, Carnalitas Slave Doctine and Regula Magistiri, and everything works as an interface, but there's no religion change and the RM religion and its tenets are unavailable should I try to manually change the religion myself.

I'm getting the feeling I'm doing something wrong or anticipating a change before it's due but how I get to be Zelator but no change confuses the hell out of me.

Edited by dogbolter
8 hours ago, dogbolter said:

Can anybody explain why I'm not getting a religion change when I free the keeper of souls?

I have taken my mods back to Carnalitas, Carnalitas Slave Doctine and Regula Magistiri, and everything works as an interface, but there's no religion change and the RM religion and its tenets are unavailable should I try to manually change the religion myself.

I'm getting the feeling I'm doing something wrong or anticipating a change before it's due but how I get to be Zelator but no change confuses the hell out of me.

Are you the Caliph/Pope?  That will prevent your character from changing religions.

It looks like the relevant stops are in place for that though, so I guess the next question is whether the female Spellbound are Mulsa, and if you have the Cenobite trait.

11 hours ago, Shane843 said:

Were there not differences depending on region? I vaguely recall that being a thing at some point.

As in, different bonuses in the Med vs Europe

The bonuses differ a bit, but the core features (Santifica Serva, Infecta, etc.) are the same from one set to the next.

Started a new run and noticed a pretty obvious typo when showing the book to female vassals.

The pop-up reads "Start by finding find the centre of the spiral...".

Should be "Start by finding the centre of the spiral..."

Actually, it'd be better as "Look into the centre of the spiral..." to make it more ominous.

16 hours ago, bobbily said:

Are you the Caliph/Pope?  That will prevent your character from changing religions.

It looks like the relevant stops are in place for that though, so I guess the next question is whether the female Spellbound are Mulsa, and if you have the Cenobite trait.

Thanks for the reply. No I'm King of England, have two mulsas and got made to cenobite and then immediately promoted to zelator on freeing the keeper of souls.

It seems I'm caught in a similar bug. I was in the process of spellbinding my 2nd powerful female vassal when one of my sons threatened to "expose my secret". I told him to go ahead thinking nothing of it but then he went and exposed my "spellbound" secret. Got some pop-ups about everyone being mad. I got severely injured. The Keeper of Souls then forcibly converted me. I thought, great, all well and good. Didn't even have to go through the whole process.

Then I died and everything broke.

My heir, the new king, got an event pop-up saying the book appeared to him by itself. Again, great I thought. He got Cenobite, then lost Cenobite, then got "Poenitens" because apparently he spurned the Keeper of Souls (?) even though he didn't. Now he's still his old religion (Ari Buddhism), but he also has Magistri decisions available, except he can't fascinare and he has no decision to take up the Magistri religion. So he's now stuck in limbo. Pretty sure this wasn't an intended situation.

Have you had any luck with making mind controlled characters stop cheating, Dev? I brought this up in the Carnalitas server and someone suggested a solution to it in case you're interested.

Unrelated, would the Keeper of Souls be powerful enough to ensure that all of a character's children were girls/boys? That would be great.

3 hours ago, qboune said:

Have you had any luck with making mind controlled characters stop cheating, Dev? I brought this up in the Carnalitas server and someone suggested a solution to it in case you're interested.

Unrelated, would the Keeper of Souls be powerful enough to ensure that all of a character's children were girls/boys? That would be great.

You don't want all of them to be girls/boys. There's a holy site that makes it like 75/25 or something though.

Also, would it be possible to make a mod where we can use some of the symbols the mod uses in the COA designer?

1 hour ago, Gabe Lincoln said:

You don't want all of them to be girls/boys. There's a holy site that makes it like 75/25 or something though.

I've been playing with a mod that makes my character immortal so it's fine, would be neat if that was possible to achieve with a ritual that gives a genetic trait or something along those lines.

On 2/16/2022 at 4:36 PM, bobbily said:

@idkwhattoputy, I had so much trouble silencing all the "spouse cheats" code that I ended up rerouting the discovery events instead. Just a bit of flavour.

Is it possible to "reroute" who they're cheating with?

In terms of a solution that "adds flavor" but mostly addresses what seems to be an increased chance in the base game for "spouse cheats" events...

Maybe redirect the Paelex/Domina towards "cheating" on you with other (female) members of the devoted group? (Basically more impromptu group sex options beyond them fighting outside your bedroom door)

A "plus" option would be for the Paelex/Domina "occasionally cheating on you" by seducing(or being seduced by) a female who isn't part of the devoted group, but brings them to you for mental enslavement... (That potentially has some balance/gameplay issues depending on who their new lover is)

Of course, for the above to work, the "____ discovers they're lesbian/bisexual" event might need to fire off a bit more frequently for obvious reasons.

Edited by Monedeath
10 hours ago, Monedeath said:

Is it possible to "reroute" who they're cheating with?

In terms of a solution that "adds flavor" but mostly addresses what seems to be an increased chance in the base game for "spouse cheats" events...

Maybe redirect the Paelex/Domina towards "cheating" on you with other (female) members of the devoted group? (Basically more impromptu group sex options beyond them fighting outside your bedroom door)

A "plus" option would be for the Paelex/Domina "occasionally cheating on you" by seducing(or being seduced by) a female who isn't part of the devoted group, but brings them to you for mental enslavement... (That potentially has some balance/gameplay issues depending on who their new lover is)

Of course, for the above to work, the "____ discovers they're lesbian/bisexual" event might need to fire off a bit more frequently for obvious reasons.

I love this idea. It's extra annoying when they get pregnant from it and this solution would prevent that as well.

Unrelated but I have a few Orbas that can be taken but after I use that interaction they just go back to being Orbas. I get 50 Piety every time so I guess whatever made them Orbas to being with keeps them that way?

On 2/21/2022 at 4:08 PM, dogbolter said:

Yeah I checked what I was getting as a description and found this.

That has to be some sort of mod conflict or missing file issue. The religion itself isn't loading.

If that was a coding issue it wouldn't work for anyone, ever. Did you start from a new game?

@dlombu, it looks like I missed a line in the early reveal event code.  Should be an easy fix.

@Monedeath, the "plus option" is in the mod already, and plays out much like you're suggesting.  It doesn't fire as much, because most of the Paelices are heterosexual. I'm not sure the partners can be rerouted, since part of the issue is the cheating code is split across quite a few independent events.

@qboune, if you've got suggestions on how to stop the cheating I'm all ears. It's largely stemming from the Lustful trait, which sidesteps the can_cheat_on_partner trigger because Paradox is poor at coding/prejudiced against those who like sex.

100% male/female offspring isn't in the cards though, at least not now.  I might one day code a trait that did that, but going through the religion or culture would lead to half your realm dying out inside of a generation or two.

3 hours ago, bobbily said:

if you've got suggestions on how to stop the cheating I'm all ears. It's largely stemming from the Lustful trait, which sidesteps the can_cheat_on_partner trigger because Paradox is poor at coding/prejudiced against those who like sex.

Not me! It was someone in the Carnalitas Discord server, please consider joining.

You could make it so having that holy site allows a decision that makes a devoted woman always have children of a chosen sex to avoid that soft game over? I suppose you'll do what you feel like but know someone is interested in that.

3 hours ago, bobbily said:

become Orbas whenever the Magister dies or they get divorced. The most likely explanation is that your culture has the Polygamy tradition, capping you at 4 wives.

You're absolutely right, I'll see to that on my next playthrough, but would NOT having that allow more than 4 wives? Does it not default at 1? I'm just waiting for an update to your mod or one of the others I use to restart but that just how most of my playthrough go.

Edited by qboune
I looked again at the server and looks like I made a mistake

The number of spouses is set by your religion, then by your culture.  Regula Magistri sets it to 999, then the cultural tradition overwrites it to whatever.

Monogamy isn't a common cultural tradition, but a few cultures do have Polygamy (most notably Irish).

@bobbily Have you thought about making a background event to make paelex inheritance happen earlier? With a eugenics-derived court people are living until their 80s and 90s which is... not ideal when entire court consist of old crones and you can't even assassinate them because they're close family ... :smirk:

With my very limited event coding knowledge I made a background event that auto triggers suicide when a paelex has an available daughter with the mulsa trait. But it's a bit messy and results in way too many kids needing to be assigned guardians, not to mention a pretty bad stress cascade (not too bad for high ranked magisters but if you're a newly inherited one... oh boy).

Seeing the scripting work in this mod, I'm sure you'll be able to create a much nicer way to do it.

On 2/22/2022 at 5:25 PM, idkwhattoputy said:

will making spouses a sexual stop the cheating?

This is how to stop adultery:

- Remove Regula_Magistri\events\relations_events\adultery_events.txt

- Remove Regula_Magistri\events\relations_events\regula_adultery_events.txt

- Download this mod https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2216850785 and when starting new game set adultery "player only".

Enjoy your virtual wives without fear of them cheating you.

13 minutes ago, den_of_evil said:

This is how to stop adultery:

- Remove Regula_Magistri\events\relations_events\adultery_events.txt

- Remove Regula_Magistri\events\relations_events\regula_adultery_events.txt

- Download this mod https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2216850785 and when starting new game set adultery "player only".

Enjoy your virtual wives without fear of them cheating you.

will this really work? have you tested it?

18 hours ago, bobbily said:

@Monedeath, the "plus option" is in the mod already, and plays out much like you're suggesting.  It doesn't fire as much, because most of the Paelices are heterosexual. I'm not sure the partners can be rerouted, since part of the issue is the cheating code is split across quite a few independent events.

Oh joy, I see a future hunting expedition for me then, it seems. Time to see if I can find some of those other event triggers and check to see if you've addressed them in code yet.

11 minutes ago, camistrie said:

@bobbily Have you thought about making a background event to make paelex inheritance happen earlier? With a eugenics-derived court people are living until their 80s and 90s which is... not ideal when entire court consist of old crones and you can't even assassinate them because they're close family ... :smirk:

My usual in-game solution to that is that when my ruler dies, I generally don't reclaim any Orba older than 44 unless they're already One with the Book or a potential candidate for becoming such. The negative health penalties from being Orba does a very effective job of killing them off, often within weeks or months, but some might hang around for a couple of years.

It would be potentially useful for a controlled means of creating Orba without killing the ruler, I was under the impression that divorcing the Paelex would turn them into Orba but a quick test run I just ran didn't seem to do that(but I only ran it for a month after the divorce). 

15 hours ago, qboune said:

Not me! It was someone in the Carnalitas Discord server, please consider joining.

Unless you're talking about Mange from the CBO mod who did a quick search and suggested alterations already provisioned for in RM upon further checking, you speaking about me.

And bobbily has already provided sufficient information to indicate the tweaks I was considering probably would be ineffective, as the issue also involves code in multiple other locations as well. Which means those locations have to be found and addressed as well.