4gb patch

IIIlll

4 hours ago, hfg2 said:

There are two methods to patch for 4GB. Not sure what is the difference to make them portable or not, but when you start the TK17_OptionsMan.exe you get the option to produce both files.

ye im running multiple versions of the game which r all portable so im guessing only the portable patch works for me 

2 hours ago, IIIlll said:

ye im running multiple versions of the game which r all portable so im guessing only the portable patch works for me 

If you need the stand-alone patch for use with other programs, you'll find it here.

Note: You're still limited to just 4GB of usable memory. 32bit apps reserve 2GB for the OS and 2GB for usable memory. Windows can run in as little as 512MB of memory, so the patch merely frees up the extra ram.

It doesn't matter if your game is portable or not, it just patches the main exe so it can access more memory. Doesn't do anything else.

P.S. There's no reason to patch the launcher, as I've heard many suggest in the past. All IT does is run a few preliminary checks, updates the registry and launches the exe. Nothing it needs a ton of memory for.