The Official "Why are You Here?" Thread

The Official, "Why are you here Poll"  

163 members have voted

1. 1. 1) How did you find out about this Club

• Discord Channel (MESP/The Klub 17, Mods Disc)
    • Came across a post on LoversLab Main Page
    • Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc Search
    • Other
  2. 2. 2) How long have you played TK17

• Newbie (Less than a Year)
    • Getting Wet (1 - 3 Yeras)
    • Intermediate User ( 3 - 5 Years)
    • Old Head (5 Years+)
    • Original (10 Years+)
  3. 3. 3) What thing attracts you most to TK17

• The Scene/Sequencer Editor
    • The Poses
    • Hook 5 Graphis Enhancements
    • Addons (Rooms, Toys, Clothes, etc)
    • Model Customization Features
    • Modding Community
    • Other
  4. 4. 4) Do you have any interest in modding or sharing created contet for TK17?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  5. 5. 5) What would you like to see more of?

• New Room Addons
    • New Clothes Addons
    • New Game Features
    • More Pose Packs
    • More Hook 5 Textures (Skins, Rooms, etc)
    • Something Else (Leave a Comment)
  6. 6. 6) Are You a Hook 5 User

• Yes
    • No
    • What is Hook 5?

So this club is currently over 400 Members so I just wanted to get a better read of how people got here and what pulled them in.  Created a 6 question poll that would help to understand what the membership here is looking like.  Feel free to comment on anything else. Cheers!!

#5 I'd LIKE to say "new game features", but you guys don't have access to the source code. Just a 64-bit multi-threaded engine would be nice! Then we can talk about DX12.

Oh, and... "Why am I here?" .... Do I really have to explain that part?

5 hours ago, hdiddy said:

So this club is currently over 400 Members so I just wanted to get a better read of how people got here and what pulled them in.  Created a 6 question poll that would help to understand what the membership here is looking like.  Feel free to comment on anything else. Cheers!!

2 hours ago, ArtsAndCrafty said:

So, modsgarden is officially dead?

Definitely.

I found out about this club because I came across a post somewhere on the forum, not the main page.

what draws me to TK17, and the thing that separates it from other games, in my opinion, is its pose editor. others have comparable amounts of customization and better graphics, but I haven't seen a single one that lets you create custom animations and play them so easily.

what I would like to see is any kind of content for the 7.5 version of the game, or a way to migrate my current build to VX without most of the content becoming unusable in the process.

I came to see how this pseudo-community continues with so many divisions

3) What thing attracts you most to TK17

what attracts me the most about tk17 is the set of various features that no other game has. That is, the one that jointly possesses a pose editor, model customization, modification capacity and that at the same time all that can be combined in the sequencer editor as the highest of a job or the crown of the king of simulators or the strawberry of dessert.

4) Do you have any interest in modding or sharing created contet for TK17?

Even if I have unpublished content anywhere for this simulator, I have no interest in sharing that content for now.
Perhaps over time if I see a clear guideline in which we all share for free the possibility begins to exist.

What would you like to see more of?

More hair, Yes, there must be around 600 hairs but ... I want more.

Hey, would be great to clean the product;

• too many versions (7.5, VX, R9 and probably few others), it's a mess when trying to install addons. At least offer basic, but official complete packages (2-3 skins, few rooms, some extra clothing, few poses/animations) that are reasonable in size (1GB or less), so the user can have a good idea what to expect. Extra content then could be downloaded in a specific section of the server depending the version used. 
  • Eliminate the versions that are not efficient, hate to see this prehistoric product taking ages to load on a good 2020 PC, if it does not work well, scrap it. Adapt your ideas to a more efficient version.
  • Hook 5...probably the best graphic enhancement  for TK17 presently, but I utterly hate the Patreon paywall behind it. I succeeded in 2018 to have an ENB (I think an old version for GTA) work for 2 seconds in TK17, before the image froze (game was still running though), I stopped my trials there since I have no idea how it all work under the hood. But others may have good knowledge to see for alternatives
  • I can understand the sarcasm regarding the "community"...having bits and pieces everywhere to make this title work decently, Patreon, GitHub, etc...
    If these lone wolves prefer to stay in their dens, or making 1850-2000$/month over a free product (and is TK17 legit?), fine. At least make sure to give clear instructions what to expect (how much it costs, clear installation instructions - not just go there and cya around fool)

Cheers.

30 minutes ago, Papatango said:

Hey, would be great to clean the product;

• too many versions (7.5, VX, R9 and probably few others), it's a mess when trying to install addons.

7.5 was simply the original software. It is only supported as an afterthought now.

R9X was never an official release. It was "Rick9"s own project using the early Beta of VX as the basis for his own highly customized version.

VX is the only official release still actively supported.

On 10/16/2020 at 6:09 PM, OysterMug said:

VX is the only official release still actively supported.

As a total newbie I have a few questions about this (I "rediscovered" TK17 about a week ago after losing sight of it for a few years, so please bear with me ;) )

The most important question is: is there any documentation about the VX left after the vanishing of modsgarden?

Something like: which files in which format belong in which directory... 

I have the TK4chRepackV2.7 and try to integrate the TypeO/TypeN models into VX.

I have already figured out how to decode txx files, and that if I put them into a zip and put them into the "addons" folder, they will work (most of the time) ;)

But what I haven't figured out yet is: how to use 4x textures and if there is a way to find out which addons are used for a specific model build.

Also I would like to convert some of the old addons I found to VX (if they don't already exist), but with trial and error I'm not doing well.

In short: I would be very happy about (more?) documentation, or a link to the perhaps already existing documentation :blush:

3 hours ago, Sungazer77 said:

As a total newbie I have a few questions about this (I "rediscovered" TK17 about a week ago after losing sight of it for a few years, so please bear with me ;) )

The most important question is: is there any documentation about the VX left after the vanishing of modsgarden?

Something like: which files in which format belong in which directory... 

I have the TK4chRepackV2.7 and try to integrate the TypeO/TypeN models into VX.

I have already figured out how to decode txx files, and that if I put them into a zip and put them into the "addons" folder, they will work (most of the time) ;)

But what I haven't figured out yet is: how to use 4x textures and if there is a way to find out which addons are used for a specific model build.

Also I would like to convert some of the old addons I found to VX (if they don't already exist), but with trial and error I'm not doing well.

In short: I would be very happy about (more?) documentation, or a link to the perhaps already existing documentation :blush:

BTW, you don't need to decode the txx, the game will automatically decode/zip the txx files in addon.

Hello,

at first i'm looking for some answers what happened to the Garden. If the problem is money-wise, i ask the admins to tell me what that server cost per year. I'd make a major donation and i'm sure some of the old Gardeners would donate as well. lets organize something, we cant let the Garden die...!!

Greetz

Karlo

I am here because I know LL and I believe with the LL platform/forum/whatever we call it, we can see one unified version of the game. Not 999 versions spread across the internet and countless modifications spread the same way. With LL I believe we can have all in one place, its just matter of time.