CONFIRMED: Expansion Pack Announcement NEXT WEEK! ?

I hope they're aware that they're really going to have to impress us.  Eco Living, once they squashed most of the unbelievable number of bugs they introduced, was ok but BORING.  Nifty Knitting, I still demand a recount.  Star Wars, crap dictated by their corporate overlords.  So this is gonna have to be GOOD.

My humble opinion is: EAxis showed us once more with the last update, that they don´t give a shit about, what we want. I saw the stream and the arrogant behavior, when telling us, how good the new skintones would be...

I didn´t believe them, and the next day it was obvious, that they did not do the work on skintones but did in fact break the ones, others had made. And after the first people mentioned, that the "new" skintones wouldn´t be good, the devs tried to tell us, they would do further "investigations" into that skin-problem.

Damn, they knew it before, that the skintones weren´t really better now, and the only thing I can say is: they lied about this theme like they did about the afro haircut, that looks exactly that worse like before.

I have gameplay bugs with groups (that came with the friends addon), with jobs (the work addon), with scanning (StrangerVille), with NAP´s (Eco Living), to name a few heay problems. All this crap will never be fixed, cause this would be work, and work is, what the EAxis-devs are running away from like if it were the devil himself. Why the hell should I believe, that anything out of that studio would be of worth in the sense, I call Baldur´s Gate worthy for example. And this one is a beta of an upcoming game, and it is even better working now, than all the Sims 4 stuff in the last years until today.

Nope, EAxis is lying to us, EA is lying to us, and the whole content of Sims 4, even if it would be not that bugged, is inmature and often simply infantile. I really respect, that the game has to be open for kiddies but this doesn´t mean, that it has to be like a kinda teletubbies-tale. But in the eyes of the devs we all are idiots, and the only thing that matters is, how much money we will give, if they sell us hope. Hope for a game, that never will be delivered.

We all are impaired by the Stockholm Syndrome, although a lot of us do play Sims 4 only cause of the great mods we´ve got for it, like WW, or Basemental, or SOL. And we wouldn´t be able to play it without all the modders, who provide fixes and tools for a completely failing program (Sims 4 studio, MCCC, TOOL, sp4e, etc), where the only really good content are the Sims themselves.

I am currently revising all lots in Strangerville, cause the team forgot to place stairs, doors, or placed counters in a way, that lots get abandoned, if you don´t check for these issues. I am sorry but no other company would be able to sell such a crap. I remember the drama around No Man´s Sky, and my deepest respect goes out for a team, that was willing to learn and do better. And now NMS is a really good game.

So could Eaxis, but they don´t. Shame, on them, and shame on us, who buy, cause there is no alternative. Shame on me, as I own the most packs, and I know, I get hooked by hope alone.

5 hours ago, 2cool4u_1 said:

Rumor going around is that it's a "Showtime" pack,

Just don't update your game. You can pretend it's discontinued.

Another rumor is the pack is going to be one that was NOT asked for. I don't know if Showtime was asked for or not.

20 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

I'll be looking forward to the inevitable complaint thread when that DLC finally is released. 

Looking forward to the new Nothing 4.0 Expansion Pack?

• No new sims, rigs, items or worlds, simply 100 MB of nothing. Comes with a 90% guarantee to break nothing, and 70% to be bug-free. ?

But people will still complain that it could contain one or two more sims, the missing items need a recolor and discuss the imaginary bugs introduced with it.

10 minutes ago, Valtharia said:

Another rumor is the pack is going to be one that was NOT asked for. I don't know if Showtime was asked for or not.

Right, the firestorm after the Star Wars pack release in September is what FINALLY got their attention.  But it was already way too late to make major changes to their annual November EP.  

"Showtime" might well be an internal codename so anyone hearing it still wouldn't have a clue what it was about.  

I'm mostly just like "just tell us, so I know whether I'm excited or not..."

11 hours ago, 2cool4u_1 said:

Rumor going around is that it's a "Showtime" pack,

Just don't update your game. You can pretend it's discontinued.

I already don't update it. I guess its gonna be like that for a long time the way current trends are going. I'm tired of compiling info on mods to make sure that they are compatible. 

"nothing anyone has been asking for"

so, just like the last few packs?

and I will buy some popcorn for the release, just to have something so enjoy, while reading 100 new post per hour, because the can't use WW (or other mods) after the game update and demand the moder to immediately update their mods :D

12 hours ago, bognog04 said:

Personally I as someone who hasn't shelled out 500 dollars to EA at once to buy all the DLC can't do that because every time I download DLC I have to update

Well I think most of us have bought DLC's over the past several years and not all at once.

I usually only buy packs when they are having big sales mostly because I don't think most are worth the full price.

Only the Get Together EP was maybe worth the full price IMO.

Spring-Summer sales this year alone had most packs priced at 50% off.

Black Friday-Cyber Monday this year will have more sales.

But yes then you have to update everything and it was a pain back then too so it just depends on how bad you want a certain pack and decide if it's worth the trouble.

And some of the mod updates along the way added some new features so at least that's a plus.

Older packs were much better done than the newer ones, cough, but that isn't saying they were that great either, just better by comparison.

The latest patch wasn't nearly as bad as some of the previous ones though so I just updated and only needed to update one mod this time.

More mods=more time... usually anyway.

2 hours ago, thaclone said:

October 20th, 5pm CET on youtube

Official Reveal Trailer of the next EP

Snowy Escape

tbh: I always wanted some winter-world stuff

Lol I was just about to put a video up about it

Spoiler

There was speculation after the Nifty Knitting trailer-- at the end, there was the granny doing the reminisce thing, and she thought about sledding.  It was something I hadn't thought about much, but when people pointed that out, yeah I WOULD like a winter resort.  When they crushed our dreams with the Star Wars pack, I figured that was that.  So, yeah, I'm excited for Snowy Escapes.  Yes, I hope you can LIVE there OR take a vacation there.  And also be able to put a resort elsewhere, Sulani especially.

To the honest, I'm not sure about this pack. It seems like they are just trying to calm the waters, so to speak.

How I see it, it's like an abusive relationship. They hit us with these stupid ass packs, that no one wants, then they turn around and say "I'm so sorry, baby. Here is a pack you've wanted all along and it will never happen again." And the cycle starts all over again.

I'm over it, honestly.

Sounds promising but I am not too exited and really not acting hysterical... Damn, what the heck is going on with people, only cause there is an announcement of a new videogame addon?

To me it sounds like an expansion for seasons, but if it will come out as a good addon, I´d be satisfied, nothing more. I can wait, and I am not going nuts for any game. And also I am playing with mods, so I definately will not buy this at release.

9 hours ago, carlfatal said:

Sounds promising but I am not too exited and really not acting hysterical... Damn, what the heck is going on with people, only cause there is an announcement of a new videogame addon?

Calm, normal responses don't get you thousands of YouTube followers and advertising revenue.

3 hours ago, snowdog04 said:

Calm, normal responses don't get you thousands of YouTube followers and advertising revenue.

It may make it easier, yes. But it then takes no wonder, that a lot of gamers call the sims-fans a childish and retarded community, if one views a video like that above, and if this is, what simmers want as a whole.

Others like Plumbella don´t need to show such a behavior. And I don´t want to mention LGR here... But well, I call them judgemental commentators, while I run away rom the most YouTube simmers.

Damn, I´m getting old, at least I feel so.

Another "old" person here as well. I blame that over-excitement in aboves video to his ages. He's 23. I was also way more like "OMG! THAT'S SO AWESOME!" when I was in my early 20s. Sure, they also probably do some of it for the viewers - but I think one can notice if is just overacting. That's just my thoughts on that.

About the pack and what I have learnt about it so far including having read and seen some speculations:

Still not excited. I'm already glad that I don't have the same feel that I had when the "Star Wars" pack was announced. I was so disappointed. I never buy new stuff on release anymore. Not with all the sales out there. Nowadays I wait for 50% or more off. The base game was a gift so I have no idea what price was paid for that one back then, but knowing my brother who gave it to me he made sure to get a decent deal somewhere.

Back to the pack: Apparently they confirmed that "Seasons" isn't needed to play this. And I have to admit I feel a bit cheated in that regard. It's not as if it is a game play pack that builds up on an expension pack but another expension pack making "Seasons" partially available for the people now getting this one. Well, if "Seasons" would have been needed for the snow others would have felt betrayed. I think they can't win in this aspect. I'm just pointing it out (constantly, to be fair) because it's such a huge thing. I still remember "The Sims 2" and "Seasons" and how the snow was such a big deal. If they had pulled something like that back then people would have been furious! At least that's what I think. So the destinations from "Bon Voyage" did have assigned seasons but if you didn't have "Seasons" you would have them without weather. (I think that's what I read, back then I had a lot of the guides to the packs. I just love getting that bit of background and figuring certain aspects out that way or get help if I'm stuck somewhere.)

So, I can't imagine I'm the only one who is like "I'll wait until it is 50% off". (The reason why I'm still waiting for "Nifty Knitting" and "Eco Lifestyle".)

Another older sims fan here that never really gets too excited over the new pack announcements but whether is just old age or past experiences I usually try to stay optimistic.

Sims 4 may be an exception these days though because even if EA creates something that looks decent it's always bound to fall short in some way, then mods come to the rescue.

I'm not one to jump on new packs right away anyhow until I can see more comments, bug reports, game play, etc.

The rumor mill claims EA started working on this a year ago and quite likely that's what it take to produce something nice for a change. 

Since I'm an odd one that doesn't have Seasons I like the concept of having a Snowy Vacation spot to visit and the new map/world looks bigger than most of the past EP's.

Hopefully it will also add the ability to own a second vacation home elsewhere and maybe even hotels.

Way back when there seemed to be a lot of ppl wanting this, along with a possible Farm Pack that would also take more time and can't be rushed out the door.

The last 3 packs I wouldn't even buy at 50% off.... as freebies, maybe?