Rise of the Tomb Raider Lara nude mod

2 hours ago, Marin14 said:

Sorry. But I said it to @LovelyLad, not to you.

The genitals are at a higher quality then the game can easily show you. There are no real good camera angles or poses for perving on her pussy... I know, I tried. But then again, that was never the intent of the game, so why would it be possible?

There's no free camera system either.

So I could've added more verts, but they would've been wasted.

Next, I'll be improving her body shape and textures a bit more. Busy week for me though, so only once I get around to it.

5 hours ago, alphaZomega said:

That is just motion blur from Lara jumping. The genitals have higher quality textures (bigger UVs) than the rest of the body, and they are not particularly low poly

========

I will look into ways I can get it for the whole game, but porting to other costumes is actually kinda hard. And I cant get plain model-swapping to work in this game (one type of outfit model loaded instead of another), every time I try it just crashes

========

maybe soon

========

Hopefully some more modders come around and make some more mods for Lara, using more bodies

========

Awesome work! It looks good. I am always very unsure of myself when it comes to body proportions and body sculpting so I try to just leave it how it came as much as possible

You can make this into an easy addon mod instead of a loose file by mimicking the structure of my addon mods. It just needs a mod folder, with a folder named after the DRM being modified ("laracroft_hoodie" in this case) inside, with that folder containing the laracroft_hoodie.drm + Section 0979.tr2mesh files inside that.

I made a guide on how to edit textures and put it in the Mod Description of Rise of the Tomb Raider Modding Tools. It is near the bottom of the Mod Description, where it says "How to Mod Textures"

Unfortunately the BC1 compression is super lossy (6:1 compression) so editing and re-saving the mod textures will make them noticeably grainier / blockier every time. If you want lossless PNGs of the diffuse and normals textures, they are here:

Texture.7z 57.11 MB · 8 downloads

Yep, thanks again for all your great work. Definetly plan on availing myself of the info in the texture mod section - but it'll take some time to digest - what with needing to hex edit files and all that.

Also, is there some sort of vertex limit to her mesh? Previously, subdivided her body bar her neck/contact ring, and noesis exported the trmesh - but the body was missing in both game and noesis preview.

Then I selected her torso verts and subdivided that (so I can add more definition in those areas easily) - but despite her entire body being weight painted appropriately, and it looking fine in noesis - she ended up with 2-4 verts on her ass cheeks floating into the infinity (or maybe game world 0,0,0).

Is this a limitation of the game engine?

If it is, it'll definetly complicate plans to work on higher quality models with all the trimmings (I'd love to just flip the blender asset and resculpt some details to get best lara in the game).

@LovelyLad I think there can be no more that 65,536 verts per mesh group (the highest possible value that can be stored in an unsigned short, which is used to hold the group's vertex indices).

All the "Mesh_0_xx" objects that make up "Mesh_0" for example cant have their verts add up to more than 65k. Each group like Mesh_0 is considered like a single mesh on its own and so the submeshes that make them up all can share vertices with one another

If you had exploding verts going to infinity, that could likely just be some verts that got through my weight-fixer on export. Each vertex is supposed to be checked to make sure its vertex weights add up to 255 (100%), and if they dont (usually due to rounding error), the script adds the difference to one of the weights because otherwise the verts stretch off to infinity like that. So to try fixing that you can just try exporting the tr2mesh one more time, this time over itself. Or make sure the skin weights are quantized into byte-sized values (1/255th of 1.0) inside Blender

EDIT: about the body being missing, if its missing in the Noesis tr2mesh preview, you can be sure it's not anywhere. It must have been omitted from the FBX --> tr2mesh export, for not having the correct name I would guess. Use Tools -> Data Viewer in Noesis to double check what the bone and mesh names are in your FBX

18 hours ago, LovelyLad said:

Big thanks to AlphaZomega for all his help... and I've basically just bummed off his mesh and modified some verts, so its 99% his work still.

Reshaped her body, added more detail to her nipples, increased breast size, added more detail to her pussy.

Next up - figure out how to edit and export the texture maps so I can improve the normals/roughness/gloss, etc to bring it up to the level of a game mesh.

Lara 1.jpg

Lara 2.jpg

It's just the mesh file - so drop it into the \lara nude mod (leather jacket)\laracroft_hoodie\  folder and overwrite the existing section 0979 file, then install the mod like before. No need to uninstall any installed mods.

Section 0979.tr2mesh 6.92 MB · 66 downloads

Beautiful, this is much closer to how Lara used to look like, before feminists forced CD to re-design Lara for TR 2013.

I wish there would also be a version without her equipment, including no necklace and shoes.

Hm maybe next year (when I will have a new PC) I can finally work on TR nude mods again too. Then I might already have missed the show though, considering how talented you all are, with a similar quality nude mod then potentially being available for SOTTR, TR 2013 (or even TRU?) as well.

@alphaZomega: I'm a good C programmer, but reverse-engineering demands an extra level of skill I'm not sure I possess. Do you think it will be difficult for me to make these mod tools work for the old trilogy (TRL, TRA, and especially TRU) using the file format knowledge that has already been figured out for TR2013/SOTTR? If yes, maybe this is how I could help best with these modding efforts already, is there a git repository for all relevant tools, or are some of them closed-source?

41 minutes ago, gfjus said:

Beautiful, this is much closer to how Lara used to look like, before feminists forced CD to re-design Lara for TR 2013.

I wish there would also be a version without her equipment, including no necklace and shoes.

Hm maybe next year (when I will have a new PC) I can finally work on TR nude mods again too. Then I might already have missed the show though, considering how talented you all are, with a similar quality nude mod then potentially being available for SOTTR, TR 2013 (or even TRU?) as well.

@alphaZomega: I'm a good C programmer, but reverse-engineering demands an extra level of skill I'm not sure I possess. Do you think it will be difficult for me to make these mod tools work for the old trilogy (TRL, TRA, TRU) using the file format knowledge that has already been figured out for TR2013/SOTTR? If yes, maybe this is how I could help best with these modding efforts already, is there a git repository for all relevant tools, or are some of them closed-source?

@alphaZomega can of course chime in but I believe the newest trilogy and the older titles you mention, use completely different engines given the graphics quality offered. And even if the engines were iterative, meaning the developer just did a face lift of the old engine to create the new engine. So much has changed... So modding for one game will not yield substantive results for another. In respects to old versus new. So again, while I'm speculating, I highly doubt you could take the knowledge learned from rise of the tomb raider/shadow of the tomb raider and apply it to TRL,TRA,TRU. The knowledge gained here will only apply to Tomb Raider, Rise of The Tomb Raider, and Shadow Of The Tomb Raider. Given they use the same engine. Or near enough identical engine. (With modifications only due to ambitions resulting from one game to another. As each game successfully get's better as far as feature set. Story and gameplay are another matter. Rise being the best, and shadow regressing entirely to pre Rise in my opinion.) As it placed more emphasis on exploration with very little combat encounters. Where as Rise of The Tomb Raider was a delicate balance of both. (I never personally played Tomb Raider 2013. So I can't give my opinion on whether it is better or worse then the other two in the trilogy.)

Plus, TRU actually uses a different engine then TRA and TRL. It actually uses the same engine that powers, Deus Ex: Human Revolution. So not only are we using two different engines between the newest trilogy and TRA,TRL, and TRU, but in fact a third. So lessons learned on one, cannot be applicable to the other. At least as far as modding. Any similarities, if they even exist may be down to file format similarities. Which can be attributed to industry standard. But given three different engines are used, I highly suspect (NOT DEFINITIVE MIND YOU) very little knowledge can be shared across the three engines. Even as little as file format similarities.  Work flow maybe. Or even sheer general knowledge. (Crack the code on one, it's easier to crack the code on another.) But something even remotely resembling "take knowledge from X and apply it to Y" to create an easier path to modding? Not a chance.

Honestly, and again, just like above, this is my personal opinion based on general research. (Just googling which game uses what engine) You'd be much better off starting from scratch, then trying to use the knowledge on this new trilogy to help you achieve modding on the older titles. As it could very easily lead you down a rabbit hole that wastes hours of work. Especially considering you don't have reverse engineering knowledge. Better to start fresh, then try and compare something that at least in my opinion, isn't remotely similar. By the way, me pointing out you have no RE knowledge is not criticism. I have fuck all reverse engineering knowledge as well. Just merely stating, without said knowledge, mod support on locked down games is even more of a bitch to figure out. Alpha clearly has quite a bit of knowledge in multiple crafts. Otherwise he couldn't do this. This is one of those examples where just being a programmer, or just being an artist doesn't pay off. You in fact, need reverse engineering knowledge. Or at least a basic understanding of how programs work and how to make them work the way you want.

EDIT: For the newest trilogy the engine is called Foundation Engine. TRU uses Crystal Engine. Where as TRA and TRL are using the Legend engine.

PS: Again, I can't stress enough, this is entirely my opinion. Just a matter of googling the engines used. I could be ENTIRELY wrong. So if indeed I am, don't flame me. I'm just going on common sense and logic. Not actual knowledge. Likewise, I'm not trying to deter anyone. Hell Alpha saw demand and literally created something from nothing that hasn't existed since quite a bit after a game's launch. So if you intend on starting a project. DO NOT let me deter you. Just saying, pure, uneducated logic, would infer me to believe, it's quite a bit bigger undertaking then you may realize and unfortunately the knowledge gained from these mods, will not translate into progress for the older titles.

9 hours ago, alphaZomega said:

@LovelyLad I think there can be no more that 65,536 verts per mesh group (the highest possible value that can be stored in an unsigned short, which is used to hold the group's vertex indices).

All the "Mesh_0_xx" objects that make up "Mesh_0" for example cant have their verts add up to more than 65k. Each group like Mesh_0 is considered like a single mesh on its own and so the submeshes that make them up all can share vertices with one another

If you had exploding verts going to infinity, that could likely just be some verts that got through my weight-fixer on export. Each vertex is supposed to be checked to make sure its vertex weights add up to 255 (100%), and if they dont (usually due to rounding error), the script adds the difference to one of the weights because otherwise the verts stretch off to infinity like that. So to try fixing that you can just try exporting the tr2mesh one more time, this time over itself. Or make sure the skin weights are quantized into byte-sized values (1/255th of 1.0) inside Blender

EDIT: about the body being missing, if its missing in the Noesis tr2mesh preview, you can be sure it's not anywhere. It must have been omitted from the FBX --> tr2mesh export, for not having the correct name I would guess. Use Tools -> Data Viewer in Noesis to double check what the bone and mesh names are in your FBX

Cheers! Good information, and helped me subdivide the mesh so I could sculpt more detail into it.

Which has allowed me to resculpt and add all the details I wanted. The muscle tone is there and so is the body size - she actually looks like she can do the things she does in the game now! All while maintaining integrity with the original vision of Lara (I'd like to think).

Super happy with the outcome...

LARA 3.png

lara 4.png

lara 5.png

lara 6.png

lara 7.png

Lara Nude Mod (Leather Jacket).zip

7 minutes ago, LovelyLad said:

Cheers! Good information, and helped me subdivide the mesh so I could sculpt more detail into it.

Which has allowed me to resculpt and add all the details I wanted. The muscle tone is there and so is the body size - she actually looks like she can do the things she does in the game now! All while maintaining integrity with the original vision of Lara (I'd like to think).

Lara Nude Mod (Leather Jacket).zip 26.01 MB · 0 downloads

Wow this looks amazing! Love the muscle tone.

Too bad about the blender models, thought it could be an easy way to even port the classic outfits in even.

Tried to make a mega bush, next step is to make a new pussy and anus
what am I doing wrong?
Made the particle hair > converted to mesh object > convert to curve from mesh/text > make mesh group Mesh 2_5 parent of the new mesh  > export to fbx

Result is that the pubes are not tied to the body

Screenshot (75).png

2 hours ago, LovelyLad said:

LARA 3.png

lara 4.png

lara 5.png

lara 6.png

lara 7.png

Lara Nude Mod (Leather Jacket).zip 26.01 MB · 37 downloads

Awesome!!!

Could you make a gray henley version please?  

23 hours ago, alphaZomega said:

So is this error about the verts being over 69k ?

Screenshot (78).png

5 hours ago, LovelyLad said:

LARA 3.png

lara 4.png

lara 5.png

lara 6.png

lara 7.png

Lara Nude Mod (Leather Jacket).zip 26.01 MB · 69 downloads

Is this a standalone mod, or a new base one ? 

I have uploaded a new version of the Noesis plugin to Nexus, now it can export textures from DDS to TR2PCD format so that you dont have to do any hex editing. You do have to pick the correct type of TR2PCD file to export over, so that its header matches the compression that you saved your DDS file with. The resolution of your texture can be whatever you want.

image.png.d1f053619f1a4c050dc1dd34aa405ae7.png

=======

12 hours ago, LovelyLad said:

Lara Nude Mod (Leather Jacket).zip 26.01 MB · 135 downloads

Wow that looks really great!! The muscle contours look awesome, she looks so fit. Great job

=======

7 hours ago, iare said:

So is this error about the verts being over 69k ?

Screenshot (78).png

You do indeed have way too many verts, the original bush is already 22,000 verts so making it 5x bigger will make it be more than the 65k limit.

But I dont think that particular error is due to the bush, that error looks like the beginning of the tr2mesh file you are exporting over is messed up and does not contain the expected file header