Skyrim Special Edition Script Extender will not open game

My game will only run when mods that don't require SKSE are enabled. However, upon opening the game with mods that rely on SKSE the game will refuse to open. I've installed everything correctly, cleaned the files, made sure my load order was correct, looked online to see if the issue was caused by me but no matter what I do SKSE will refuse to open my game. I want to be able to play with SKSE so I won't give up on it. Any suggestions would be helpful but chances are I've already tried it five times

Most likely you have an incompatible or outdated mod in there. Hard to tell as you didn't share your modlist (a loadorder won't be enough here), mod manager you use, SKSE/game version, etc.

You can take a look at the skse64.log inside your Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE to check which plugins is attempting to load SKSE and which are failing. This is in the case your game crashes because of an outdated dll file.

PS: this is not the technical support section for SE. So recommendation nº1: start using the SE sections when looking for help in regards to your SE game. And recommendation nº2: check that you're not trying to use LE mods in your SE game.

27 minutes ago, Just Don't said:

Most likely you have an incompatible or outdated mod in there. Hard to tell as you didn't share your modlist (a loadorder won't be enough here), mod manager you use, SKSE/game version, etc.

You can take a look at the skse64.log inside your Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE to check which plugins is attempting to load SKSE and which are failing. This is in the case your game crashes because of an outdated dll file.

PS: this is not the technical support section for SE. So recommendation nº1: start using the SE sections when looking for help in regards to your SE game. And recommendation nº2: check that you're not trying to use LE mods in your SE game.

I never thought of that! The mods that I got that require the script extender are all for Skyrim from here. Specifically, I'm trying to get SOS to work but I don't see any special edition versions.

14 minutes ago, RandomModificatiomer21 said:

I never thought of that! The mods that I got that require the script extender are all for Skyrim from here. Specifically, I'm trying to get SOS to work but I don't see any special edition versions.

Special edition has it's own section for downloads, tech support, ect. You'll find it at the bottom of the Skyrim section.

Screenshot 2020-09-26 183759.png

20 minutes ago, RandomModificatiomer21 said:

Specifically, I'm trying to get SOS to work but I don't see any special edition versions.

I mean...

image.png.25da38d0b3619deb2bbbacf0a38ef20a.png

But yeah, just try to use the forum sections for SE. And if SOS is the only mod that is failing to load in the skse64.log then remove your current install and get the latest SE version (compatible with the current game version and SKSE 2.0.17 and 2.0.19). But again, as I see you have issues navigating the sections, you should check every mod you have already installed, just so you can be 100% sure it's a version compatible or made for SE. Check blue links in my signature, these are threads with info and links for pretty much every LL mod available for SE.

2 minutes ago, RandomModificatiomer21 said:

I solved the issue, thanks guys. The issue was I was downloading the incompatible versions of each mod. On nexus it's fine because in the installation page I get the option to convert it, but the same option isn't available for loverslab mods. 

There are separate Nexus websites for Skyrim and Skyrim SE, the same is true for files uploaded in this website. You just need to look in the proper sections.

Anyways, happy to see you were able to solve your issue.