Thanks for helping out with that, guk -- if I ever do come back to the mod, I might actually use the information there to tweak a few things.

That said, between the gay marriage fiasco and recent scandals at Paradox, I'm probably not coming back to this mod.  If anyone else wants to use it as a base for some sort of variant, they're free to, but this will probably have to stand as it is, imperfections at all.  If Paradox wins me back, I may make a new version, but I'm not expecting that for a long while, if at all.

• 4 months later...

I've rebuilt the mod from the 1.0.2 version for Royal Court.  This means the traits should now keep their ruler designer cost values and contain any of the newer culture modifiers (i.e. Hale gives some prestige for cultures that like strong traits).

All of the changes remain the same way @Abraxis00 implemented them, i.e. removing things like hunchbacked and dwarf and adding fecund to inbred traits and making the "Inbred" trait a good trait with reverse stats from vanilla.  I did make two changes.  The first was to add an appropriate ruler designer cost to the inbred trait at 260 since it gives even better stats then "Genius".  This really doesn't matter anyway because you won't be getting achievements with mods active.  Anyway, yeah, just because I could, and it felt appropriate?  The second change I made was to add "Strong" to the list of traits you can get from being inbred.  I believe that was mentioned as a request somewhere in this thread.

I am not a modder, per se, this is the first one I've ever done for any game and since I'm basically just copying what Abraxis did it doesn't really count.  Hopefully this should work well for everyone and if not, let me know and I will attempt to fix it.

I am considering adapting this into something a bit more robust and perhaps not quite as OP along the suggestions in this thread.  If I do start to work on that it'll be a new mod with a new thread, but I'll probably start with some feedback here from those interested.

Anyway, I really want to say thanks to Abraxis for creating the mod in the first place, and cheers!

BasicPureBloodReloaded_1.0.3.zip

8 hours ago, Raiven said:

I've rebuilt the mod from the 1.0.2 version for Royal Court.  This means the traits should now keep their ruler designer cost values and contain any of the newer culture modifiers (i.e. Hale gives some prestige for cultures that like strong traits).

All of the changes remain the same way @Abraxis00 implemented them, i.e. removing things like hunchbacked and dwarf and adding fecund to inbred traits and making the "Inbred" trait a good trait with reverse stats from vanilla.  I did make two changes.  The first was to add an appropriate ruler designer cost to the inbred trait at 260 since it gives even better stats then "Genius".  This really doesn't matter anyway because you won't be getting achievements with mods active.  Anyway, yeah, just because I could, and it felt appropriate?  The second change I made was to add "Strong" to the list of traits you can get from being inbred.  I believe that was mentioned as a request somewhere in this thread.

I am not a modder, per se, this is the first one I've ever done for any game and since I'm basically just copying what Abraxis did it doesn't really count.  Hopefully this should work well for everyone and if not, let me know and I will attempt to fix it.

I am considering adapting this into something a bit more robust and perhaps not quite as OP along the suggestions in this thread.  If I do start to work on that it'll be a new mod with a new thread, but I'll probably start with some feedback here from those interested.

Anyway, I really want to say thanks to Abraxis for creating the mod in the first place, and cheers!

BasicPureBloodReloaded_1.0.3.zip 36.08 kB · 30 downloads

Thank you for this, and I look forward to your interpretation if you decide to move forward with your own mod. Honestly I would settle for not being penalized for incest as I do find this mod a little over the top.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...