I will be posting another update in the next day or so (I already released one today)

because I should have move the command to refresh the overlays to be closer to the quest related options. (it is a bit hidden at the moment)

btw if you have any interesting screenshots of NPC with overlays (using this mod of course) then feel free to post them to the Nexus Page because it needs some love

here as well.

Edited by Invictusblade
5 hours ago, Ashmar50 said:

HI as someone posted earlier Something in wasteland dairy is preventing random overlay from laying tattoos they only work if i disable wasteland dairy and that mod is a need for my play started after 2.10 updates hopefully its a easy fix with a small patch thanks.

that is really weird because I was testing with both mods installed. (and I don't think if anything interacts with it)

so I added a debug option in MCM, it should be in the first page of ROF MCM called "Debug Trace Messages"

can you enabled this and post a papyrus log (see number 3 of my signature for details)

12 minutes ago, Ashmar50 said:

okay heres  2 logs 1 with wasteland TATS  not working and 1 without wasteland TATS working

withwastelandlog.log 254.49 kB · 0 downloads nowasteland.log 315.32 kB · 0 downloads

I see, No answers yet, but a few more things to do

1. can you load up your load order with Fo4edit (with WDF) because it looks like something is overriding something (take a screenshot on the following)

LL_Overlay_Death (also take a screenshot of the Tab "Referenced By")

ll_Overlay_Male_BodyOverride (also take a screenshot of the Tab "Referenced By")

ll_Overlay_BodyOverride (also take a screenshot of the Tab "Referenced By")

2. can you click refresh overlays and MCM in ROF MCM

3. are you using Armors or Quests?

4. which mod are you running? (NPC's?)

3 hours ago, Ashmar50 said:

i did  do a refresh on  both and  am running  quest on  them  have tryed  both  armor also before npc mods are NPC travels and SKK Stalkers will get  load  order  in a  minute.

2 hours ago, Ashmar50 said:

here is my load order not sure where you want the overlay screen shots from in game settings or install from mod?

Loadorder.txt 8.06 kB · 0 downloads

well you don't need the following
*INVB_OverlayFramework_Blank.esp

and maybe have a look at the files ending with _ROF (Except *DeadInvisibleBodiesFix_ROF.esp) remove the doubles.

This is getting annoying, because there is next to no interaction between the mods

also about the logs you gave me, are you sure you gave me the correct ones (nowasteland = No WDF) because I am seeing the opposite.

that it works with the "WithWasteland"

(I will have a look at Eden from Depravity because maybe there is an issue with her (I have noticed a couple of NPCs that seem to be immune to overlays))

*Eden works on my system, it did a bit of a slowdown but I imagine that there would be so many scripts happening when the gunners arrive.

Edited by Invictusblade
1 hour ago, Ends_and_Memes said:

Great mod, quick question, does skin Override mean skin texture i.e. valkyr etc. If so how would we set that up?

yes it does,

so there is a couple of different ways to do it.

1. Armors

see the attachment

How to Make Custom Overlays-47688-v1-1601534641.7z

2. Quest

so I kinda made it inaccessible to most users (it is still easy to edit)

Screenshot_092322_070306_PM.thumb.jpg.2f28b10a37165727fc4bbe5eb283670a.jpg

Screenshot_092322_070506_PM.jpg.76ca7f937c0d66944f3c26be63068df3.jpg

Hopefully you can work it out from here

I added some performance fixes (the following can be located at the bottom of the download page)

More Notices

this mod can be a resource hog if you are using loose overlay files.
(I know that NPC Male Bodies uses loose files so caution about that mod)
How to fix this issue-> Packing BA2's

also if you have performance Issues, I would recommend the following

all of the following requires you to open INVB_OverlayFramework_DISTR.ini

Chances
Spell = 0x52B7~INVB_OverlayFramework.esp|NONE|0xEAFB6,0x13746|NONE|NONE|NONE|10
or
Spell = 0x52B7~INVB_OverlayFramework.esp|NONE|0xEAFB6,0x13746|NONE|NONE|NONE|25
or
Spell = 0x52B7~INVB_OverlayFramework.esp|NONE|0xEAFB6,0x13746|NONE|NONE|NONE|50
or
Spell = 0x52B7~INVB_OverlayFramework.esp|NONE|0xEAFB6,0x13746|NONE|NONE|NONE|(or whatever you want)

you will need to adjust the MCM settings (because the default settings assume 100% of NPCs will get the spell)

Unique NPCs(only unique NPCs will get overlays) *I am not sure if this works
Spell = 0x52B7~INVB_OverlayFramework.esp|NONE|0xEAFB6,0x13746|NONE|U

Ghouls Only
Spell = 0x52B7~INVB_OverlayFramework.esp|NONE|0xEAFB6

Humans Only
Spell = 0x52B7~INVB_OverlayFramework.esp|NONE|0x13746

Ok. So I could just be stupid. I get it. BUT....

Whenever this mod is active, well the nexus version, the body is i dont want to say massive but its as though the looksmenu sliders get messed with or something. I narrowed it down to this mod. I have tested enabling and disabling the mod, I also tested rebuilding bodyslide each time after enabling or disabling. The only difference i could find was when this mod was active the character(NPCs as well) gains some additional pounds.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing my issue or have a direction to point me in? I'm not even sure how to do a search on what the issue could even be called, its the first time its happened to me.

13 hours ago, Ya_akira said:

Whenever this mod is active, well the nexus version, the body is i dont want to say massive but its as though the looksmenu sliders get messed with or something. I narrowed it down to this mod. I have tested enabling and disabling the mod, I also tested rebuilding bodyslide each time after enabling or disabling. The only difference i could find was when this mod was active the character(NPCs as well) gains some additional pounds.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing my issue or have a direction to point me in? I'm not even sure how to do a search on what the issue could even be called, its the first time its happened to me.

I haven't seen that, but I don't use ROF's BodyGen feature (it's not clear to me what the advantage is over just configuring BodyGen normally anyway).

I also force a specific BodyGen template on the player ref so that it doesn't get a random one set.

13 hours ago, Ya_akira said:

it could have something to do with bodygen, (it depends on your own settings (because if you have a sizeable default body then bodygen script will treat that as zeroed)

Bodyslide(Hidden) + Looksmenu = Total

50(Hidden) + 50 = 100 (but it would read as 50)

so simply go to \Fallout 4\Data\F4SE\Plugins\F4EE\BodyGen\INVB_OverlayFramework.esp

that delete that folder

@Invictusblade: Recently I started observing AAF's player doppleganger going invisible during a lot of animations when they took place outdoors. Someone mentioned in another thread that a common cause of actor bodies going invisible during animations is mods which change hairstyles on the fly, which got me thinking, this did seem to crop up around the time I upgraded to the new ROF rewrite and it has hairstyle randomization. After disabling that feature in the MCM, I haven't seen the doppleganger go invisible in any more animations for a while, so this may be yet another reason to revisit why ROF's doppleganger exclusion isn't working.

At any rate, if anyone else using ROF sees this symptom, try turning off hairstyle randomization and hopefully it will cease to occur.