Hard to start a new playthrough

9 hours ago, Rokabur said:

all the mods you need to configure in the MCM?

That's the easy part. Wait till you have (yet another) 10-12 newly installed followers to check out in addition to the 50 or more that were already installed but you chose to change the body meshes yet again. I've been at this part for 3 days so far and I've only done Whiterun and Riften and I'm currently in the Sleeping Giant. ?

10 hours ago, Rokabur said:

Anybody else find it hard to start a new playthrough just because of all the mods you need to configure in the MCM? Final finished setting up my load order and can't find it in me to start my playthrough just because of configuring all the mods.

Among the many acronyms that are popular in twelve step groups is KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid). You've just made my point about playing with a minimum number of the "complex" mods. I make sure to delete anything that I didn't (really) use in my last playthrough. Nothing wrong with lots of armor/clothing though. ?

Isn't that the fun part?

I'm always just bursting with excitement when testing out new mods for another playthrough. Then I download and install them all into a fresh install with all correct settings. But I keep it like Psalam and strictly install only the mods I intent to use and play, nothing more. So long I could keep it just under the mod limit for some headspace of stuff I forgot or might want later.

I usually create a character concept and a (short) backstory of whom I play and what her goals and behaviors are.

And than I finally do the character creation and MCM settings, which usually takes me around 2-3 hours.

The whole process takes me usually a complete weekend, with test runs in the week or two before.

I really enjoy setting up my game, it gives me the excitement of a fresh start :D

I usually start a new game in the AS:LAL room just using the standard Nord then adjust all the MCM settings I need to and save it there as a template. Then, when I want to start a new game, I just open up that template save and use the console to access RaceMenu. Fix up the character how I want and away I go. But, then, I don't usually add a ton of new mods every time I play a new game.

12 hours ago, Rokabur said:

Anybody else find it hard to start a new playthrough

Yes and no... No because times as I start a new game the old one is broke, the curse of Skyrim is the longer you play the more buggy it gets.

Yes for much the same reason it takes awhile to set up.

3 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

That's the easy part. Wait till you have (yet another) 10-12 newly installed followers to check out

Or new world spaces, towns ect.. spend more time tweaking the game than playing it lol.

17 hours ago, Psalam said:

Among the many acronyms that are popular in twelve step groups is KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid). You've just made my point about playing with a minimum number of the "complex" mods. I make sure to delete anything that I didn't (really) use in my last playthrough. Nothing wrong with lots of armor/clothing though. ?

I'm actually starting my first real playthrough of SkyrimSE.

18 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

chose to change the body meshes yet again

You change the meshes of followers?

I usually just keep them as they are (I even use followers with a different body - if they have custom clothes). Adds some diversity to the game if theres some slight variation in body shape & skin textures ? 

=============

My issue with new playthroughs is usually more about chosing my playstyle :^) Never know what sort of character I want to build up

MCM is done in 10min max

Though I rarely use any mods with an essay as MCM (Looking at you SL Survival <<)

16 hours ago, woodsman30 said:

spend more time tweaking the game than playing it

That's one of the reasons I took the break from Skyrim. It's great when you make a change in, say, TESVEdit and go in in game and there's your change but I hit one of those runs where I was going backwards.

1 hour ago, Scrab said:

You change the meshes of followers?

My PC, the NPCs and my followers all have different meshes. NPCs generally use Thicc to Sticc which gives a wide size range between 0 and 100 weights. I also use 10 NPC overhauls so that adds to the variety. The followers get their variety from their individual heights and weights.

Some followers come with dodgy nifs or skeletons and many of them come with memory-guzzling textures. Then there is the OTT weapons and armour.

On 9/10/2020 at 10:40 PM, Rokabur said:

Anybody else find it hard to start a new playthrough just because of all the mods you need to configure in the MCM? Final finished setting up my load order and can't find it in me to start my playthrough just because of configuring all the mods.

Kinda why I have a Save file that is my Go To save for when I begin a new character. Since I use the Live an alternate life mod that starts you in prison with a Mara statue that lets you begin wherever you want, I have a blank nord character saved with all the mods set to how I want them (mostly, still a few I tweak when I actually play). For some reason my game is so, odd, that most of the time I begin a totally fresh new game, many mods actually refuse to work. Like More Nasty Creatures, not a single creature in the game has a schlong even with all the same settings enabled.

Most of the mods I use also have Export features so that saves time, but yeah, would be about an hour worth of tweaking before I even begin. Now with that one save, maybe 5+ minutes crafting my characters looks, another 5 minutes doing minor tweaks and I'm off. However even then I have to test a few things, like I said, MNC on occasion just flat out doesn't work, another is Blush when aroused, that also sometimes fails to work.

As of right now, this save is my backup save, eventually I plan on rebuilding my PC and then I'll start from scratch as I also have many many mods installed that I never ever use.