[mod] [mod] Debauchery in Crusader Kings

[mod] Debauchery in Crusader Kings

Hello people! I am working on a mod that's going to be all about corruption and degeneracy, which will include custom religions, events, buildings, etc. And eventually magic and other mechanics to corrupt the world to your desire. 

Since the game has just been released, and I have other projects in my hands, there isn't much yet (I'm using my free time to work on this), but there should be monthly updates, especially after learning more about modding CK3.

The first release focuses on a female-oriented religion, intending to transform you into a succubus in the future.  Feedback would be really appreciated! 

Right now, there is:

• A new female-focused religion (Lilithianism) and three faiths.
  • Nine new exclusive tenets (3 for each faith) 
  • A chain event to adopt one of the three new faiths.
  • A new decision, mostly to lower your piety (and trigger the one above)
  • A new trait.
  • A new crime doctrine (Can make cannibalism legal)

Known bugs/errors:

• Localization is probably still a mess. 
  • Some icons and a few descriptions are missing 

Things to be added:

• Significantly more events
  • New buildings
  • New decisions and mechanics to corrupt other characters. 
  • The point above should include some sort of magic or special abilities that would facilitate this.

A few warnings: You can trigger the event early, since it gives you a trait which you can use later on to transform in any of the three faiths whenever you want, but Lilithianism is considered evil pretty much by everyone else, so expect to either fight a holy war or your liege to be asking for your titles when you do this. 

I'll work on this in the future to make the base game less punishing (or find a way to have a secret religion),  but for now, the special trait you earn at the end of the chain event would be used to unlock religion-exclusive events too. 

Here a more in detail things about what you can find in the mod:

Spoiler

Decisions & Events:

In search of the truth: An event that triggers when you are a woman with -100 faith. This is a chain event that allows you to pick one of the 3 Lilithianist faiths. If you say no you can't trigger it again so be careful.

Lady's night: An event to reduce stress (15) at a cheap cost (20G), which also has a few options to reduce your piety in up to 100. 

Become Lilithianist: If you picked to keep your original faith, you can select here which one of the 3 faiths at any time.

Religion: Lilithianism
Lilithianism believes that God punished Lilith, an equal to Adam, for refusing to become his servant. After leaving Eden, she began her search for power to dethrone God himself one day. Lilithians believe in overthrowing what Christianity has built and transforming this earth into the long lost paradise.  

Faith: Baahalism (Diplomats)
The Baahalist Church devote themselves to transforming this withering earth into the luscious place it once was before their fall from Eden. They worship their Goddess with unrelenting debauchery, fulfilling their spiritual needs with carnal pleasures. 

Unique tenets:

• Debauchery - Followers don't wear clothes. 
  • Motherly tenderness - Increases your relation with other faiths +35, +2 diplomacy.
  • Earthly indulgence - Change in stress gain, tyranny gain -50% 

Faith: Via Veritatis (Scholars)
The Church of Hecate, known as the Via Veritatis, indulges in gathering knowledge and applying it. While many of the Scholars dedicate their lives in understanding the fallen world to improve it, others are more interested in dealing with the supernal realm, trying to harness its power. 

Unique tenets:

• Supernal ambition - Children with the learning focus may gain the wise man trait.
  • Societal flourishment - Stewardship +2, development growht +5% 
  • Carnal rituals - Fertility +20%, close family opinion +20, incestious is a virtue. 

Faith: The order of Keres (The warriors)
The order of Keres believes that to restore Eden they need to conquer and destroy the enemies of their faith, using any tool at their disposal to do this. They are relentless in their pursuit, and worship their Goddess with lustful rituals and bloody offerings.

Unique tenets: 

• Seeds of discord - Intrigue +2, believers more likely to help in schemes. 
  • Para bellum - Prowess +6, Faith hostility advantage +2
  • Blood communion - Executions give piety, cannibalism is no longer a crime. 

Special trait: Sisterhood (3 levels)
It increases your relationship with other characters with the same trait. These bonuses are +40, +60, and +100 (They are so high because you may not want to change faith from the beginning, so this helps to overcome the different faith hostility) 

New crime doctrine: Cannibalism

Allows you to make it legal

25 minutes ago, Khadir said:

You're missing a Debauchery.mod file in the archive.

Also, a bunch of files (basically the ones in history and description.mod) are UTF-8 instead of UTF-8-BOM encoding.

Debauchery.mod 167 B · 1 download

Weird, since I am saving in UTF-8-BOM already, but I will look into it. I'll update soon with new things anyway

If you check the latest file here it should have the .mod file, I just checked it 

2 minutes ago, Sonata1654 said:

So, issue I noticed is that only the Lillithian religions have tenets. As such, it renders almost every other form of gameplay inoperable. Also cannot reform to gain tenets.

Oh okay I already fixed that, added an extra decision and saved everything again in case to update to utf-8bom 

so. i have a couple of ideas. if your interested in taking them. Demonology. IE the study of demons. im not sure where but i recall hearing that a few religions consider lilith to be the mother of all demons. so. maybe a sexual form of adoracism. and my next idea. changing the crime doctrines so they go from illigal to encouraged. because a religion that encourages lesbianism sounds fun.

1 hour ago, Stony1776 said:

so. i have a couple of ideas. if your interested in taking them. Demonology. IE the study of demons. im not sure where but i recall hearing that a few religions consider lilith to be the mother of all demons. so. maybe a sexual form of adoracism. and my next idea. changing the crime doctrines so they go from illigal to encouraged. because a religion that encourages lesbianism sounds fun.

I'll definitely look forward adding some of that 

I already thought about making an "encourage" law but tbh I first wanted to have the basic foundations and learn how to make overall mods to begin with, but if I figure how to do that (or if someone has, to check how it was done) I'll implement it 

I also am waiting for homosexual marriage, so you can have lesbian spouses 

O my! This looks amazing! And exactly what i was looking for! Thank you! 

EDit: SO, For anyone having the issue of finding and enabling this mod with the paradox Launcher. You need to create a new playset to see it. If you also get an error saying "adding mods to playset failed, Verify launcher has access to your documents folder" Then restart steam. Beyond that lol Gl friend, It's a miracle that i made it this far as there is no help on this issue anywere...

12 hours ago, MaratDuoDev said:

I'll definitely look forward adding some of that 

I already thought about making an "encourage" law but tbh I first wanted to have the basic foundations and learn how to make overall mods to begin with, but if I figure how to do that (or if someone has, to check how it was done) I'll implement it 

I also am waiting for homosexual marriage, so you can have lesbian spouses 

I was looking into this the other day - I think most of the 'crime' part of those doctrines are based off of opinion_modifiers on the traits associated with them.  Witch has an opinion_modifier triggered based on if a faith allows/shuns/outlaws the trait, and the opinion modifier has a flag on if it lets rulers imprison/banish/execute people with the traits.

You can pretty easily invert the opinion part of it to make the trait "approved", to encourage it further (make more characters be a witch/deviant or so on) probably requires some more involved scripting to update scripted_modifiers for attraction or so on, I think.  Homosexual may be even harder since I think it's not a trait, unless you count sodomite, though you could always script one in too.

3 hours ago, assasinAurora said:

I don't know why but this mod's trait sisterhood  interferes with the vampire trait from the steam workshop vampire mod thought i'd mention it.

Is there a similar trait in vampire? But in any case I don't suggest to try to merge mods, I am trying to find a work around that would make this compatible with others but the big issue so far is the "on_yearly" checks, which AFAIK overwrite each other 

1 hour ago, Adroit said:

I was looking into this the other day - I think most of the 'crime' part of those doctrines are based off of opinion_modifiers on the traits associated with them.  Witch has an opinion_modifier triggered based on if a faith allows/shuns/outlaws the trait, and the opinion modifier has a flag on if it lets rulers imprison/banish/execute people with the traits.

You can pretty easily invert the opinion part of it to make the trait "approved", to encourage it further (make more characters be a witch/deviant or so on) probably requires some more involved scripting to update scripted_modifiers for attraction or so on, I think.  Homosexual may be even harder since I think it's not a trait, unless you count sodomite, though you could always script one in too.

oh that sounds great, yeah I haven't got into those bit and pieces yet but with this commentary I will find more easily what I am looking for. I think even if homosexuality cannot be encouraged deviancy definitely can be :P 

5 hours ago, Zairest said:

I've had a chance to get briefly acquainted with the mod and i must say, I LOVE the writing! You have gone above and beyond with the start up events. Nice job!

Glad you like it! I really like to make things feel more meaningful, altho sadly that also slows other things up :P I am working on adding way more events early game and a faith for men for those who want to begin more vanilla and don't want to wait until they are lucky enough to have a woman ruler with low piety lol 

On 9/9/2020 at 8:09 PM, MaratDuoDev said:

Oh okay I already fixed that, added an extra decision and saved everything again in case to update to utf-8bom 

Yeah i also still have the no tenets problem with every religion. Was this fix released allready?

Otherwise, good idea for this mod. And thank you for your time.

1 hour ago, 00ntz said:

Yeah i also still have the no tenets problem with every religion. Was this fix released allready?

Otherwise, good idea for this mod. And thank you for your time.

the most current version (0.1b) should have fixed this already, I am already working on the next update which I think it would make the game more compatible with other big mods too, at least to a degree 

1 hour ago, MaratDuoDev said:

the most current version (0.1b) should have fixed this already, I am already working on the next update which I think it would make the game more compatible with other big mods too, at least to a degree 

I thought i had tested with the latest version, will redo this when i start a new playthrough.

1 hour ago, MaratDuoDev said:

From what ive seen so far. It works when you convert to an existing lilianith faith, however when you are a different one, its no longer an option to reform, since it only checks if you are part of the lilith faith.

This is tested with ONLY this mod and nothing else and i used the latest version. I attached screenie of the issue.

When creating a lilith faith, it works fine, no issues. Even with mods that increase the amount of core tenets.

And also as you see, the normal tenets for other faiths, when creating a new or reforming, are no longer visible.

Playing with this would be an option, but would it prevent AI from reforming their respective faiths? If so, thats an issue.

screenie for deb mod.jpg

4 hours ago, 00ntz said:

From what ive seen so far. It works when you convert to an existing lilianith faith, however when you are a different one, its no longer an option to reform, since it only checks if you are part of the lilith faith.

This is tested with ONLY this mod and nothing else and i used the latest version. I attached screenie of the issue.

When creating a lilith faith, it works fine, no issues. Even with mods that increase the amount of core tenets.

And also as you see, the normal tenets for other faiths, when creating a new or reforming, are no longer visible.

Playing with this would be an option, but would it prevent AI from reforming their respective faiths? If so, thats an issue.

screenie for deb mod.jpg

I'm having a similar issue. While i did the normal convert path, When i try create faith from my current one, I see only lilth specific tentes. Perhaps this is intentional? I was hoping to use a tenet expanding mod and pick up warmonger as it would go great with the Keres faith.