[mod] [mod] Debauchery in Crusader Kings

It's awesome that you added Holy sites for the new faith! It does however feel a little restricting and awkward to acquire them. I realise this isn't an easily solvable issue! The only two ideas that come to mind would be 1) Put 3 identical sites in clusters all over the world, Then make it to where you can only have 3 valid sites at a time. 2) Put them everywhere, With various effects that make sense for the respective regions, but then also make them pretty underpowered, for balance.

6 hours ago, sas012 said:

I don't really know what causing it, but since I've installed the mod, the game seem to crash randomly. I've disabled all other mods in case it is a conflict issue, but that doesn't seem to the case. Any idea what it might be?

I have an idea of what could be, I already did some meaningful changes for the next version (0.2), which should also make it more compatible with others mods I believe. I want to finish a few writings before uploading it though, but it should be these days 

5 hours ago, Zairest said:

Say, There is a decision event that will make your entire family line cannibals, But it appears to be missing with The order of Keres.  Will you be adding that in? Seems like it would be rather fitting option.

Yep, the idea is to add a few decisions that will give you key traits of each religion, like lustful, incestious and cannibal. I am hoping to have this for 0.2 but as you may imagine is a lot of writing, because I don't want it to be only a "You and everyone taste human flesh and decide to like it!"  

5 hours ago, 00ntz said:

From what ive seen so far. It works when you convert to an existing lilianith faith, however when you are a different one, its no longer an option to reform, since it only checks if you are part of the lilith faith.

This is tested with ONLY this mod and nothing else and i used the latest version. I attached screenie of the issue.

When creating a lilith faith, it works fine, no issues. Even with mods that increase the amount of core tenets.

And also as you see, the normal tenets for other faiths, when creating a new or reforming, are no longer visible.

Playing with this would be an option, but would it prevent AI from reforming their respective faiths? If so, thats an issue.

screenie for deb mod.jpg

Edit: Nvm I totally misunderstood, idk why this is bugged like this, I will fix it ASAP 

edit2: Okay so apparently *this* is the mistake. Apparently even though this is a different file *not* overwriting the original one, this tag makes only the ones in these document core. I'll see how this is fixable. 

image.png.3592fcb5b53ad9b8448e1a1c8e79bf6a.png

7 minutes ago, MaratDuoDev said:

Edit: Nvm I totally misunderstood, idk why this is bugged like this, I will fix it ASAP 

edit2: Okay so apparently *this* is the mistake. Apparently even though this is a different file *not* overwriting the original one, this tag makes only the ones in these document core. I'll see how this is fixable. 

image.png.3592fcb5b53ad9b8448e1a1c8e79bf6a.png

Not a mod expert at all, but seems like since you create another d

doctrine_core_tenets = {

which is also in the basic 00_core_tenets.txt it overwrites it? (in Crusader Kings III\game\common\religion\doctrines)

Since all the original tenets seem to be missing and only the ones added by this mod seem visible.

Looking at:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/modding-suggestion-change-the-way-tenets-are-added.1418960/#post-26875437

Not sure its possible to add a tenet without including the whole file.

Ill give that a try and see if it works.

8 minutes ago, 00ntz said:

Not a mod expert at all, but seems like since you create another d

doctrine_core_tenets = {

which is also in the basic 00_core_tenets.txt it overwrites it? (in Crusader Kings III\game\common\religion\doctrines)

Since all the original tenets seem to be missing and only the ones added by this mod seem visible.

Looking at:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/modding-suggestion-change-the-way-tenets-are-added.1418960/#post-26875437

Not sure its possible to add a tenet without including the whole file.

Ill give that a try and see if it works.

I think, for what I am looking at, this is correct. I did it in a different file for compatibility sake, but I an checking how POD did it and curiously enough, they had to make it all in the same file, I guess they couldn't find a solution either, and so far I think we'll have to wait for a fix. The problem with this it means you can't really have more than 1 tenet file active :/

5 minutes ago, MaratDuoDev said:

I think, for what I am looking at, this is correct. I did it in a different file for compatibility sake, but I an checking how POD did it and curiously enough, they had to make it all in the same file, I guess they couldn't find a solution either, and so far I think we'll have to wait for a fix. The problem with this it means you can't really have more than 1 tenet file active :/

well yeah if you know that, you can atleast work with it. And you can add it to the compatibility notes. So far, no luck with merging the 2 files, but im not a modder, i just try things :P

and yeah i get why you did it in a different file, but PDX should make it possible to add in tenets instead of just overwriting, thats just mod problems waiting to happens.

4 minutes ago, 00ntz said:

well yeah if you know that, you can atleast work with it. And you can add it to the compatibility notes. So far, no luck with merging the 2 files, but im not a modder, i just try things :P

and yeah i get why you did it in a different file, but PDX should make it possible to add in tenets instead of just overwriting, thats just mod problems waiting to happens.

Yeah. "Fixed" it for now, but although technically not compatible, one could easily make a "patch" by just copy pasting the tenets to the right file in the mod with the higuest priority, at least there is that for those who really want variety 

Oh and any mod that changes the amount of core tenets you can choose, will conflict with this. I tested with 2 different ones and they both declare core_tenets. Made a version of the file that allows for quite a few more then the default 3.

I can post/send it, if you like.

36 minutes ago, 00ntz said:

Oh and any mod that changes the amount of core tenets you can choose, will conflict with this. I tested with 2 different ones and they both declare core_tenets. Made a version of the file that allows for quite a few more then the default 3.

I can post/send it, if you like.

sure, I would like to check it out, altho the problem is that personally I think more than 3 tenets make the game unbalanced 

3 hours ago, MaratDuoDev said:

sure, I would like to check it out, altho the problem is that personally I think more than 3 tenets make the game unbalanced 

I just find 3 to be overly restricting to some play styles. If you wana play a super focused game, 3 is fine, But if you wana Try mixing playstyles, Then 4 is alot more appropriate.

There's also some jank that you can kinda get around with more options.

Like, I personally feel sort of forced into Incest and single marriages as the AI in my Matriarchal society will almost never marry matrilineally. Thus i need to heavily micro manage the marriages, Single and Incest help make that process a lot easier. Thus Tenets like divine marriage and the bloodline dynasty tree, Are a must, No matter what style im going for.

Paradox really needs to fix this kinda nonsense.

6 minutes ago, Zairest said:

I just find 3 to be overly restricting to some play styles. If you wana play a super focused game, 3 is fine, But if you wana Try mixing playstyles, Then 4 is alot more appropriate.

Like, I personally feel sort of forced into Incest and single marriages as the AI in my Matriarchal society will almost never marry matrilineally. Thus i need to heavily micro manage the marriages, Single and Incest help make that process a lot easier. Thus Tenets like divine marriage and the bloodline dynasty tree, Are a must, No matter what style im going for.

i dont use as many as are in that file. I usually use 4, sometimes 5. I just like having the option for 1 of those crazy mod runs. Sometimes you just wanna get silly :P

5 hours ago, Zairest said:

this makes sense, yeah I think maybe tenets could be divided in like categories and have 2 of each. Like warfare, spiritually, socially, or some shit like that

When I designed the tenets of my faiths I was like "I need 1 pragmatic tenet that give stats, and two that help to give them identity/flavor" 

This update fixes many of the bugs it had, but also it should be said that, due to how CK3 is programmed, religions can be a little bit tricky to implement. This means you wouldn't be able to have 2 mods that change religion without having to do a patch yourself (which pretty much only requires you to copy-paste the content of the right file in its right place); this may change in the future since I suspect Paradox will eventually fix this, but for not this is what we have. 

For this update, we decided that it was best to add a way for a male character to become Lilithian. We created a new faith, the Sons of Cain, which is a more equal-centric Lilithian faith, but also a quick way to change from male-dominated to female-dominated. 

Now without further ado, the changelog:

• One new faith: Sons of Cain
  • 2 new tenets: Legacy of Cain and Breeding duty, both for the Sons of Cain
  • Two events that will allow your male characters to become Lilithian, the only requisite is to have -100 piety to get the event. 
  • Changed tenet "Carnal rituals," now instead of increasing fertility reduces the chances of having the inbreed trait. 
  • Changed decision "Lady's night" to "Indulge yourself," it includes 4 new events where you can acquire a negative trait: Deviant, Hashishiyah, gluttony, and in theory, wrath, but for some reason, this one in particular is bugged. These events don't have their lilithian version yet. 
  • New trait: Mother's vassal, this is given to you if your character is a man, and decided to keep its lilithian faith hidden. It will help you access lilithian content even if you don't want to openly change your faith. 

It must be said that what we really want to add is corruption in the game, and we are thinking about using the scheme mechanism for this, but we need to research it more. Beyond that, we'll also be adding buildings and a few other flavor mechanics soon too!

I seem to have found a minor design flaw in the mod.

As the religion has the female preference doctrine, it also automatically switches your succession law to female preference (since you can't have male succession with female religion (for some reason). However, I prefer playing with female succession as the default (more ladies to play with :D), so I run with the inverted gender game rule as standard. And, it turns out, that game rule affects modded religion, too. Thus, if I want Lilithianism to have female preference, the vanilla religions must have male preference, and vice versa.

It would be nice if you could make it always female pref, even with inverted gender on.

so, i downloaded the new file, but the descriptor file has it listed as vs 0.1 instead of 0.2 and i didnt see any new stuff for men when i fired it up. are you sure you actually sent out the file once you changed the version number on the downloads section? *edited* oh wait, now i see the new stuff. the version number is still borked tho

8 hours ago, s520864 said:

What are you implying? What is my involvement? 

I'm sure they were using the term "you" in a general sense of what "people/someone" can do with the CK3 engine. That expression is quite common in English, but admittedly a bit confusing at times.

One could have used the passive form of "what can be done with the CK3 engine".

7 hours ago, Adseria said:

I seem to have found a minor design flaw in the mod.

As the religion has the female preference doctrine, it also automatically switches your succession law to female preference (since you can't have male succession with female religion (for some reason). However, I prefer playing with female succession as the default (more ladies to play with :D), so I run with the inverted gender game rule as standard. And, it turns out, that game rule affects modded religion, too. Thus, if I want Lilithianism to have female preference, the vanilla religions must have male preference, and vice versa.

It would be nice if you could make it always female pref, even with inverted gender on.

wow... well this is what I was talking about to getting used to how CK3 works, this is really silly lol

But yeah the mod is designed to have a male dominated (or vanilla start) world, otherwise the entire thing is quite silly anyway :P 

4 hours ago, Stony1776 said:

so, i downloaded the new file, but the descriptor file has it listed as vs 0.1 instead of 0.2 and i didnt see any new stuff for men when i fired it up. are you sure you actually sent out the file once you changed the version number on the downloads section? *edited* oh wait, now i see the new stuff. the version number is still borked tho

oh yeah the number is broken, but the content shouldn't be 

Hey, I really enjoy this mod, but had a quick question - is it possible to add faith icons? WIthout them, it's hard to see the holy sites on the map for me, and also messes up formatting in certain screens. It's not a huge issue, but adding icons in a future update would really be helpful.