[Mod Announcement] Carnalitas - CK3 Sex Framework

Some more thoughts:

- Selectable Trait Names: Are there really a need for this? Wouldn't immersive names combined with the excellent tooltip system be enough? CK 2 suffered from too many game rules, hard to find what I'm looking for, and I rather keep the number of extra rules down if possible.

- A body graphics mod shouldn't be part of the framework, I rather have fig leafs than some dicks that looks bad. (There's also the erect vs non-erect issue.)

- Event pictures: I say no to 2D event pictures, even if possible to add them. It just breaks immersion when a picture of people that looks nothing like the characters involved comes up.

- Prostitution: The problem here is that Rakish being a death trap has kind of set the tone here. Sleep around with every character fine - visit bordello decision instant deadly STD.

- Slavery: This clearly needs a faith doctrine (allowed/shunned/criminal) to really fit in.

- Futa: You might have promised what you can't deliver (impregnate females) for 1.0?

- Have "sex" decision: This is the controversial one that I didn't want to touch at first, but to be blunt I hate it. I kind of lost interest in the adult mods for CK 2 when I could only visit one lover every 30 days instead of once for each of them, and this is way worse. I don't care about any ingame effect at all, I care about the roleplay in doing it. Heck, I rather take an one year cooldown for each lover, over an one month cooldown and only being able to visit one.

Would like to ask for something like Game of Thrones motives for the main game. Not Season 8 !! Lovers, harems - all this must be attributed to geography and real possibilities !! And in order to start something illegal and unnatural in a relationship right in the palace, you need to have influence on council members, especially! on the privy councilor. Collusion first, then Fun. Investing money in a palace to have Secret Rooms. System of blackmail and other things. Naturally, for fun, when you are not married or faith allows, nothing of this is needed. You can have fun with your courtiers as much as you like, and the arrival of a lover from far away - you have to wait a month or more. In this regard, the game is very crude and not adequate.

1 hour ago, DawnShadow said:

- Futa: You might have promised what you can't deliver (impregnate females) for 1.0?

It was possible in CK2 without too much effort, so I'm banking on the possibility that that is also true for CK3. If it ends up being too difficult to deliver, I'll shelve the feature and look at it another time.

5 minutes ago, Cheri Song said:

It was possible in CK2 without too much effort, so I'm banking on the possibility that that is also true for CK3. If it ends up being too difficult to deliver, I'll shelve the feature and look at it another time.

Actually no, now that shit is hardcoded in game exe. Easiest way would be trait 'futa' put on male and change his model to female one but with dick accessory :D

so at the moment i enjoy ck3 with basically 0 mods in it. to compare it with modded ck2 versions... i like to have no control over love making. you could force spam events until u get ur child in ck2 which defeated the purpose of many traits. random events seems like the best solution.

Regarding the pregnancy, there is still a console command for that, which I presume can be used through events and decisions as well that allows a female to be impregnated by anyone, including another female. So say you have a futa trait, you can then check for someone with that trait that has a female lover and then have an event that has a chance of pregnancy and/or stress relief. Sure enough, you probably won't be able to have it occur in a "natural" way without the events or decisions, but it's hardly impossible.

Edit: As an addendum, there is an effect make_pregnant that can be used in events. There's also marry and marry_matrilinear which can no doubt be used in all sorts of things.

40 minutes ago, Bolzhano said:

Regarding the pregnancy, there is still a console command for that, which I presume can be used through events and decisions as well that allows a female to be impregnated by anyone, including another female. So say you have a futa trait, you can then check for someone with that trait that has a female lover and then have an event that has a chance of pregnancy and/or stress relief. Sure enough, you probably won't be able to have it occur in a "natural" way without the events or decisions, but it's hardly impossible.

Edit: As an addendum, there is an effect make_pregnant that can be used in events. There's also marry and marry_matrilinear which can no doubt be used in all sorts of things.

no its not. there is debug event that fires pregnancy and even if you remove gender check it wont pop childrens from same gender.

and no again. marriage is hardcoded. no matter what you do - only thing can be same gender is concubines (with gay mod).

1 hour ago, srx47 said:

Actually no, now that shit is hardcoded in game exe. Easiest way would be trait 'futa' put on male and change his model to female one but with dick accessory :D

So its impossible to give a woman a child through events?

I am asking as this limits a lot of potential scenarios, adult or not. 

*edit

If you just mean two of the same gender, i.e miracle, ceremonial or 'unknown' births are still possible.
How about switching gender on the event for the code to fire, then switching it back afterwards?

1 hour ago, srx47 said:

no its not. there is debug event that fires pregnancy and even if you remove gender check it wont pop childrens from same gender.

and no again. marriage is hardcoded. no matter what you do - only thing can be same gender is concubines (with gay mod).

I did some digging on the dev diaries and found this on the forums:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/ck3-dev-diary-37-making-mods.1410656/post-26791877

If I understand the dev correctly, it should be easier to fiddle with marriage now than it was in CK2. They didn't specifically mention gender, but... maybe?

On 9/5/2020 at 8:06 AM, Siudhne said:

Sounds awesome, although I second DawnShadow motion: Be careful with opinionated modifiers. "Big breasts/dick = good" might not be for everyone, heck, some might prefer not to have these traits clutter the list at all. To make this one of the great unifying mods everyone can agree on it would probably be best to keep most if not everything that is directly gameplay-related modular (notice the bickering that has already started regarding the "have sex" decision ?).

Grand modding plans anyhow, I hope they come into fruition. ?

My suggestion would be to accompanying traits that actually give the modifier. Thus, a character would have a trait loves big boobs and that's where the bonus is at. The physical traits should just modify the genetics is all.

I know this will probably NEVER happen (or not until CK9000, lol), but here's what would REALLY make this game "sexually immersive".

NO *RANDOM* EVENT PREGNANCIES.

Literally - NONE AT ALL.

You wanna get ze babee - you gotta make ze ledee squirm.

Including AI.

And I'm quite sure that you CAN introduce modded variables, so here comes sex_stamina and sex_lust (and 9001 more, of course).

You have to have enough stamina to HAVE sex, and it gets replenished adjusted by your traits and genes.

And if you have too much sex_satisfaction, you DON'T get sex_stamina, since, lol, you simply DON'T WANT TO.

This really should not be TOO hard to program variable-wise (like, some 10 variables would definitely cover for ANYTHING of this sort).

Then just remove ALL sexual events that RANDOMLY trigger - and make them ROLEPLAY instead.

Even for AI.

Because, ya know, you might GET SUSPICIOUS, if your lass is sex_satisfied, while you've been away at war for the last year or two, loool.

As of now, adultery is either RANDOMLY discovered or PREGNANCY triggered, which is, admit it, rather limiting for ROLEPLAYING, hehehe.

But, of course, I repeat again:

I fully resign to the fact that this will NEVER HAPPEN...

Making a core framework is a great idea. For it to work well it would need to be just that though, a framework. Most of the actual content is best served in submods, since people have vastly different tastes and fetishes, and if some features are coded into the framework, it will just cause splinter "framework" mods to appear. Opt-in/opt-out on content is important. 

With that said, happy to see that you are working on this. I've enjoyed what you've created for ck2 and think that it's been well made, so I for one have faith in this project.

3 hours ago, sybreal said:

I did some digging on the dev diaries and found this on the forums:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/ck3-dev-diary-37-making-mods.1410656/post-26791877

If I understand the dev correctly, it should be easier to fiddle with marriage now than it was in CK2. They didn't specifically mention gender, but... maybe?

Here's the code from 00_marriage_triggers.txt

#two characters could potentially marry (does NOT check that they're unmarried)
could_marry_character_trigger = {
    save_temporary_scope_as = can_marry_check
    can_marry_common_trigger = yes
    $CHARACTER$ = { can_marry_common_trigger = yes }
    #Opposite genders only, for as long as childbirth is the only way of passing on your dynasty
    sex_opposite_of = $CHARACTER$

#Have you recently divorced this character?
    NOT = {
        has_opinion_modifier = {
            modifier = divorced_me_opinion
            target = $CHARACTER$
        }
    }

That's the call for opposite genders. That just leaves finding out if there is a command for sex_same_of = $CHARACTERS.

26 minutes ago, SamIAmHam said:

That's the call for opposite genders. That just leaves finding out if there is a command for sex_same_of = $CHARACTERS.

So in theory you could set that as a:

OR = {
	$CHARACTER$ = { has_trait = futanari }
	AND = { 
		has_opinion_modifier = {
			modifier = love_opinion
			target = $CHARACTER$
		}
	}
}

I give no guarantees that that would actually work, but it could be one approach for this. I doubt it's going to be quite that simple but that 00_marriage_triggers.txt is likely going to be where solutions are found for this problem.

Given how differing the opinions are already on features, maybe the sex framework should be a standard library with your implementation of it as a separate but included mod. That way a lot of the complicated work is already done, but if other modders want, say, a different timescale for sex scenes, they wouldn't need to fork the framework.

1 hour ago, Bolzhano said:

So in theory you could set that as a:

OR = {
	$CHARACTER$ = { has_trait = futanari }
	AND = { 
		has_opinion_modifier = {
			modifier = love_opinion
			target = $CHARACTER$
		}
	}
}

I give no guarantees that that would actually work, but it could be one approach for this. I doubt it's going to be quite that simple but that 00_marriage_triggers.txt is likely going to be where solutions are found for this problem.

I'm just poking around in the files. Every decision requires triggers in Pdox games. It doesn't matter what game either since they're using the same basic engine and its iterations. I just love the consistency Pdox has with its coding and learning from the community. 

Looking at marriage_interaction_events.txt it uses the triggers in the first code I shared. The only thing that says about the marriage scope is that the target must be of the opposite sex. Is there a command that we're not aware of for sex_same_as or for the futa trait? Too many unknowns at this point on the scripting side of things. I guess people can use I:R modding guides since it's on the same engine and uses mostly the same scripting language.

1 hour ago, srx47 said:

won't work, even if you remove gender check -> hardcoded in exe

So you've got access to the source code for CK3? I highly doubt it. I'm pretty skeptical about the entire thing to be honest. That's because PDox has added to the scripting language over time and have opened things up in the 12 years I was playing CK2. All done at the behest of the modding community. Never say never.

22 minutes ago, SamIAmHam said:

So you've got access to the source code for CK3? I highly doubt it. I'm pretty skeptical about the entire thing to be honest. That's because PDox has added to the scripting language over time and have opened things up in the 12 years I was playing CK2. All done at the behest of the modding community. Never say never.

you can just open exe with HEX editor and find some mentions about marriage.

9 hours ago, Cheri Song said:

Looks like the game uses had_sex_with_effect, found  in Common/scripted_effects/00_romance_effects, to handle generating pregnancies.

Not sure what the effects would be if you remove the gender restrictions, but you could probably add checks here to see if the potential father is male or futanari.

Though you would probably have to also modify all the existing triggers for is_female and is_male to add a "or is_futa" trigger.

42 minutes ago, srx47 said:

you can just open exe with HEX editor and find some mentions about marriage.

I did and I see one mention of marriage. It has to do with the marriage window gui. Did you have anything else other than your claims? The dev response by blackninja999 makes it clear that it's not locked off.  Let me copy his own words.

Not really, it is one of the ones that if you remove the game will yell at you for but it is mostly decided in script who can marry who, the various extra effects of the interaction, who the AI can and prefers to marry etc.

All he said is that marriage is required for the game to work properly. He also said that it's mostly in the scripts on who can marry who. Our job is to figure out the proper code to use to allow same sex marriages. The code I posted shows that it uses sex_opposite_of to determine the scope within the trigger. Since nothing is documented on the actual scripting language at this point in time we can only speculate what the proper command is. I don't have Imperator: Rome to see the files provided for a comparison. It's modding community hasn't gotten far with their wiki either.

Trust me, in my experience with modding CK2 back after Sons of Abraham was released we were still learning and asking for additions to the scripting language to make things easier. PDox did as the modding community asked and marriage then was hard coded to being only hetero in the beginning.

2 hours ago, srx47 said:

won't work, even if you remove gender check -> hardcoded in exe

So your saying the game ignores what's written in the script_triggers\00_marriage_triggers file? In CK2 those triggers were hard coded, but that shouldn't be the case with CK3. If this is the case, then it needs to be reported to Paradox as a bug.

40 minutes ago, dekeche said:

So your saying the game ignores what's written in the script_triggers\00_marriage_triggers file? In CK2 those triggers were hard coded, but that shouldn't be the case with CK3. If this is the case, then it needs to be reported to Paradox as a bug.

Some marriage shenanigans are indeed hardcoded, for example those that havent finished education (aka children by game terms but if you change the defines then it can even be 40 year olds) will only be betrothed trough their system even if you change every "is_adult = yes" to lets say "age = 15" then the system would still betroth them instead of marrying them (question is, why would you do that unless you set age of finishing education to 18 and still want to marry 16yolds or something) I dunno about gender but this could technically be went around since there are "marry" commands you can put to events, effects etc
idea though, while not exactly "spouse" in game terms, couldnt it be possible to create entire new category of relation and then adjust the UI of character view so it views that relation instead of "og game spouse"? and this new relation could be even between same genders? (I dont know if "new relation" can even be coded though, but it might with how ck3 modability looks atm)