[Mod Announcement] Carnalitas - CK3 Sex Framework

48 minutes ago, Cheri Song said:

A decision allowing you to directly have sex with your spouse and lovers. This decision will be a stress-reducing decision (similar to Visit Brothel) and it will be on a 5 year cooldown.

5 year cooldown? Sex once in 5 year... <_< maby just make less stress-reducing but more sex? I suppose mine spouse/lovers run away from me with one shot in five year ?

6 minutes ago, Exorsist said:

5 year cooldown? Sex once in 5 year... <_< maby just make less stress-reducing but more sex? I suppose mine spouse/lovers run away from me with one shot in five year ?

Sex scenes get boring after a while, especially if you see them over and over again. The purpose of the default 5 year cooldown is to make the sex decision more of a meaningful choice for the player to take. It also means that mod authors can make more interesting events happen when you have sex, without worrying about the potential balancing issues of having them trigger every month (looking at you, Luxuria Fantasia/DWR).

I will probably add a game rule to allow players to click the decision as much as they want, but removing the chance of pregnancy and any other effects from the sex decision.

1 hour ago, Cheri Song said:
  • DIcks & Tits: Tiered traits for breast size and dick size. The traits will range from -3 (Tiny) to +3 (Gigantic) much like the nadamod/Dark World/ABM traits from CK2. These traits will be congenital so that you can breed them into your dynasty... you degenerates.

Suggestion: Have none = average, like the vanilla leveled congenital traits. If you do this, you avoid the extra issue to make sure everyone gets a trait.

Second, while most would say that bigger is better, I think it's a bit problematic if they give an outright attraction opinion due to people have differing tastes.

One step closer to the return of immortal futa-succubus Matilda ....

2 minutes ago, DawnShadow said:

Suggestion: Have none = average, like the vanilla leveled congenital traits.

That is the idea.

2 minutes ago, DawnShadow said:

Second, while most would say that bigger is better, I think it's a bit problematic if they give an outright attraction opinion due to people have differing tastes.

I plan to have the traits only give minor fertility bonuses/penalties.

Sounds awesome, although I second DawnShadow motion: Be careful with opinionated modifiers. "Big breasts/dick = good" might not be for everyone, heck, some might prefer not to have these traits clutter the list at all. To make this one of the great unifying mods everyone can agree on it would probably be best to keep most if not everything that is directly gameplay-related modular (notice the bickering that has already started regarding the "have sex" decision ?).

Grand modding plans anyhow, I hope they come into fruition. ?

13 minutes ago, Fl0g said:

I'm not sure what you intend "sex" to mean in the context of CK3. Still images? Just text? Animation? Do you intend to have the traits effect the model?

There are no images or animations planned right now. I may reconsider if any animators volunteer.

Bust size traits will definitely affect the model. Dick size traits will not.

It's a great idea. I think that ck3 has a lot more potential then ck2 for modding and I would like to see it come to fruition, and your mod concept is certainly a step in the right direction. I think that making mods that take advantage of the benefits of CK3 is going to be more complicated then CK2, and your proposed mod will help alleviate some of the overhead.

One of the things that has bothered me about ck2 and now ck3 is the trait spam. Is there anyway to scope a series of traits and combine them into a parent trait, that if someone went hog and added all the best physical traits an event would pop to combine those traits into "legacy" trait? Might be outside the scope of your project.

What are you thoughts on the character models/meshes/textures/skeletons? Does any of that fall into your plan of a unified base or is that outside the scope of your project?

The use of hooks would be really interesting. Like blackmailing characters to sleep with them (heh, you can do your own netori). Also it could be used to blackmail cucks into legitimatizing your bastards or something.
The whole hooks system is really interesting. If you could have custom plots then plotting to blackmail someone into sex would be really neat,
However I think that the first order of business should be getting 2D images to display for events. That will make work much faster and stuff can later be replaced with 3D scenes.

You could frame the have sex decision to be a day or a couple of days of carnal pleasures (or an orgy) and hence the stress relief. It seems that a lot of people think that if you have a "have sex" decision, you won't be having any sex outside it, which obviously is false. And people, keep in mind the scope of this thing, it's meant to be a frame for other mods to build on, so if the frame itself doesn't give you sex event every week or so, you probably shouldn't be worried that everyone is chaste ;)

8 hours ago, Cheri Song said:
  • DIcks & Tits: Tiered traits for breast size and dick size. The traits will range from -3 (Tiny) to +3 (Gigantic) much like the nadamod/Dark World/ABM traits from CK2. These traits will be congenital so that you can breed them into your dynasty... you degenerates.

Did you also change meshes and gene system for that so does that reflect on the character model?

7 hours ago, Cheri Song said:

Sex scenes get boring after a while, especially if you see them over and over again. The purpose of the default 5 year cooldown is to make the sex decision more of a meaningful choice for the player to take. It also means that mod authors can make more interesting events happen when you have sex, without worrying about the potential balancing issues of having them trigger every month (looking at you, Luxuria Fantasia/DWR).

I will probably add a game rule to allow players to click the decision as much as they want, but removing the chance of pregnancy and any other effects from the sex decision.

Bless you i can finnaly play these mods and not feel like im cheating...

Kudos, nice to see the interest!

My current 'vanilla' game will probably be in progress for another week or two before I start peeking into and tinkering with the code proper, but some 'rough' thoughts:

17 hours ago, Cheri Song said:

Futanari: Trait for futanari. Full integration with the sex system and dick/tits systems. Ability for futas to impregnate women.

I've been doing some early planning for this, and perhaps have some food for thought: I was thinking of having 3 tiers of Hermaphrodite traits that can strengthen like most congenial traits do - "Partial Hermaphrodite"(fertility and health malus); "Natural Hermaphrodite"(no penalties, minor intrigue bonus); "True Hermaphrodite"(Intrigue and fertility bonus); all three allow/run scripted checks(spouse/consort/lover) for same-sex impregnation.

17 hours ago, Cheri Song said:

"Have Sex" Decision: A decision allowing you to directly have sex with your spouse and lovers. This decision will be a stress-reducing decision (similar to Visit Brothel) and it will be on a 5 year cooldown.

Some thematic brainstorming:

"Lay With" (the terminology the game itself uses)

-'Sexually Satiated' cooldown debuff(can be used for other things)

-if >60 stress (1 month cooldown)

-if <4 children (3 month cooldown)

-if Lustful (2 year cooldown)

-if Chaste (10 year cooldown)

-else (5 year cooldown)

26 minutes ago, Darsel said:

Kudos, nice to see the interest!

My current 'vanilla' game will probably be in progress for another week or two before I start peeking into and tinkering with the code proper, but some 'rough' thoughts:

I've been doing some early planning for this, and perhaps have some food for thought: I was thinking of having 3 tiers of Hermaphrodite traits that can strengthen like most congenial traits do - "Partial Hermaphrodite"(fertility and health malus); "Natural Hermaphrodite"(no penalties, minor intrigue bonus); "True Hermaphrodite"(Intrigue and fertility bonus); all three allow/run scripted checks(spouse/consort/lover) for same-sex impregnation.

Some thematic brainstorming:

"Lay With" (the terminology the game itself uses)

-'Sexually Satiated' cooldown debuff(can be used for other things)

-if >60 stress (1 month cooldown)

-if <4 children (3 month cooldown)

-if Lustful (2 year cooldown)

-if Chaste (10 year cooldown)

-else (5 year cooldown)

Reducing the cooldown when stress is high basically just makes it a no stress cheat. Which would be too easy. I also think rather than adjust the cooldown for lustful and chaste, it's better represented by just changing stress loss. Lustful already increases fertility, so chances of impregnation from the event will end up higher, or lower with chaste. And the stress reduction is affected too. Those are the two things the event does. Lustful allowing it to be more frequent while also increasing fertility seems like stacking it together too much.

Nice! This is exactly what I was hoping someone would step forward to do.

In the interests of other modders making sure they can maintain compatibility with this mod (since that is in large part the motivation of the project), I'd suggest you reserve in advance some trait indices, so we know not to use them ourselves. Something like the 500-550 range should leave plenty of room for DLCs and other popular non-LL mods adding new traits. Depending on how many traits you intend to add, maybe even 500-600.

Edit: Seems you've done so in the mod files. Also, nice.