[Mod Announcement] Carnalitas - CK3 Sex Framework

On 9/5/2020 at 10:33 AM, Cheri Song said:
  • A lactation system.
  • A system for custom pregnancies (such as the dragon pregnancy from Luxuria Fantasia or the tentacle pregnancy from Tentacled Dreams).

I know I may be asking too much, but would be nice to have a pure corruption system. I have no idea if the limits CK2 engine had remain on CK3, but if not would be nice to have a more soft progression (yes I'm aware the engine is different, but modding still has it's limits). For example, while I loved Tentacle Dreams, the only thing that bothered me was the character being right of the bat, without not having a body corruption or organism mutation of some sort, to be able to breed. Would make the mod imersion much more intense in my opinion.

While not completly the same thing, the lactation system could also somewhat work that way, using estrous cycle or something like that. Some adult games already use that mechanic.

Anyway, good luck with the project, looking forward to it. Your scripting library made me have tons of fun with different mods using that tool.

Looking forward to seeing what develops with this. I like the idea of a common trait/and varied modifier base to pull from.

Like someone mentioned earlier though, parts of the goals on the main page look like they'd be more than a framework. For example slavery. One reason there were multiple slavery mods, was because the mod authors envisioned different ways to handle it. So anything more than traits or modifiers that could be called upon as a shared resource, could lead to mod authors opting to not utilize the framework and do their own thing anyway.

Also, I'd like to put forth that if you're looking at having the ability to call upon specific types of sexual encounters, such as submissive or aggressive, then would a rape specific system really be necessary? As a mod author, how would it differ from me simply calling upon an aggressive sex scene?

Excited about this overall, and will definitely tracking it. It looked like you've got a lot of active folks already involved when I took a look in the discord channel, and I know that too many hands in the basket can cause more headaches than progress, but my assistance is needed, I'm willing to provide it.

1 hour ago, rhipeen said:

Some marriage shenanigans are indeed hardcoded, for example those that havent finished education (aka children by game terms but if you change the defines then it can even be 40 year olds) will only be betrothed trough their system even if you change every "is_adult = yes" to lets say "age = 15" then the system would still betroth them instead of marrying them (question is, why would you do that unless you set age of finishing education to 18 and still want to marry 16yolds or something) I dunno about gender but this could technically be went around since there are "marry" commands you can put to events, effects etc
idea though, while not exactly "spouse" in game terms, couldnt it be possible to create entire new category of relation and then adjust the UI of character view so it views that relation instead of "og game spouse"? and this new relation could be even between same genders? (I dont know if "new relation" can even be coded though, but it might with how ck3 modability looks atm)

After investigating, I think your right about marriages being hard-coded. MatchmakerInteractionWindow does not appear to display same-sex marriages, even if they would otherwise be allowed.

A puberty mod would be fun especially when it comes to explaining things to your son or daughter - especially if the breasts and body hair start getting a bit...excessive.

In any case body hair should be another thing to be added, ranging from "none" to "severe hypertrichosis," and dependent upon both inherited traits and ethnicity.   I see it as affecting fertility and attractiveness

Here, then, is an idea of what I had in mind, just as a start.  This was started in November of last year, then decided there was not much point with CK3 soon to arrive - mostly the pictures and trait descriptions are what I had in mind for you to see.  Of course there are a lot of genetic contretemps that can occur to make things even more interesting 

CK2-body hair mod.zip

5 hours ago, dekeche said:

After investigating, I think your right about marriages being hard-coded. MatchmakerInteractionWindow does not appear to display same-sex marriages, even if they would otherwise be allowed.

I spent part of two days, probably about 6+ hours overall, testing out various things, and even though I could get it to say that two women were married, it'd then simply ignore it and show each as still unmarried.

I was stoked when I finally got the arrange marriage interface to show the same sex (well, both sexes instead of hiding the same sex), but it still simply ignored everything after the 'woman a' and 'woman b' got married. There is even that one notation in the code that talks about them forcing it to opposite gender, as same sex has no way to provide inheritors, so that part makes sense, but they clearly enforced it beyond that one location into the code itself.

Very disappointed in Paradox on this one. Especially so after the marriage question was raised in the modding showcase, and the developer responded that CK3 was supposed to allow for more freedom should a mod choose to do so.

7 hours ago, TimGee250 said:

A puberty mod would be fun especially when it comes to explaining things to your son or daughter - especially if the breasts and body hair start getting a bit...excessive.

In any case body hair should be another thing to be added, ranging from "none" to "severe hypertrichosis," and dependent upon both inherited traits and ethnicity.   I see it as affecting fertility and attractiveness

Here, then, is an idea of what I had in mind, just as a start.  This was started in November of last year, then decided there was not much point with CK3 soon to arrive - mostly the pictures and trait descriptions are what I had in mind for you to see.  Of course there are a lot of genetic contretemps that can occur to make things even more interesting 

CK2-body hair mod.zip 57.72 kB · 7 downloads

Body hair is already in CK3's character genetics, affecting their model. Though, kind of unrealistically it only affects men. So unless you really want traits associated with the body hair (which seems like extreme trait bloat) there's not a lot to mod. Except maybe adding it to women, but that's probably quite difficult.

alright this is a start. though i suspect some of the other stuff that was used in ck2 will not get carried over well to ck3 like singature characters of sorts and as of now in ck3 no way to get artifacts like equipment and other things so that is a bumber. :( beyond that let's see where things go. 

and i found out how to "spawn" child without father (without being pregnant tho)

effect = {
		create_character = {
			age = 1
			gender = female
			employer = root
			faith = root.faith
			culture = root.culture
			dynasty = root.dynasy
			mother = root
			real_father = root
		}
	}

and its actually works :D 

So it turns out that @srx47 was indeed correct, the marriage stuff is currently hardcoded, confirmed by a dev. 

But it sounds like it'll be something that'll be changed eventually.

And good news in the childprocuring side I see ;) You could probably go around the pregnancy by delaying the create_character by 9 months or so and maybe add in some modifiers to mimic the vanilla pregnancy.

9 hours ago, whateverdontcare said:

Body hair is already in CK3's character genetics, affecting their model. Though, kind of unrealistically it only affects men. So unless you really want traits associated with the body hair (which seems like extreme trait bloat) there's not a lot to mod. Except maybe adding it to women, but that's probably quite difficult.

That being the case, where would one find the model to add additional options?  (DNA/genetics was easy enough to locate.)

15 minutes ago, TimGee250 said:

That being the case, where would one find the model to add additional options?  (DNA/genetics was easy enough to locate.)

Here's a guide https://ck3.paradoxwikis.com/3D_models

I don't know if it's a good one because I don't understand it enough. If it isn't good enough you'll have to look elsewhere there's a lot of people figuring out all the details of character model editing.

17 minutes ago, TimGee250 said:

Its done trough decals, look at the bottom of common\genes\01_genes_morph.txt
Have yet to figure out if decals can be colored like hair however.

1 hour ago, srx47 said:

@FTFiree

there is option in cheat table to flip gender. so that dev in twitter simple full of bullshit.

Interesting; it makes me wonder if quick-flipping the gender would be a potential work around for partner assignment and impregnation checks. I seem to recall there was a similar attempt done for dynasty management in CK2(although an onBirth check with a dynasty tracking variable was more effective from my experience).

On that note, did you try it with a couple from different dynasties? Which dynasties did their children get? (It is still the same mess of CK2 where the child was the opposite of the mother in a normal marriage and the same as the mother in a matrilineal?)

On 9/5/2020 at 11:33 AM, Cheri Song said:
  • "Have Sex" Decision: A decision allowing you to directly have sex with your spouse and lovers. This decision will be a stress-reducing decision (similar to Visit Brothel) and it will be on a 5 year cooldown.

I think that one should probably be a bit more generic? I can imagine that different mods might want very different effects for the 'have sex' decision.

Maybe just have some conditions based on not having flags like 'recently had sex' and then directing to an event/on_action where the individual mods can pick it up and decide what happens and whether to apply those flags for a certain period of time.

Just here to share some ideas or share stuff that can seed inspiration.

Modded a bit of Stellaris, have yet to look into modding CK3 (and probably wont unless it's easy).

Prisoners (can happen to you if you get taken prisoner)

- Option to put them into the stocks and leave them to the mercy of the peasantry and lowborn.

- Let them be raped by your pet.

- Court gang bang.

- Use them to keep army morale high.

- Brainwash them.

- Whore them out.

Whorehouse/Brothel (apart from what was possible in dark world)

- Instead of it becoming public knowledge straight away, let the player decide to keep it a secret. (requires mask)

- Instead of it being a decision, let it be a modifier that gives income. Then put events related to it into the event pool.

- Carnal Events like, organise gang bang, (similar to host feast). All possible without your vassals (that attended) knowing that it was you.

- Allow working as a whore (if your intrigue is high enough) to be a way to obtain hooks or secrets (if undercover).

- Whorehouse has a reputation that will spread. The higher the whorehouse reputation, the more devastating being unveiled to be a whore at the house becomes.

- When whorehouse has high enough reputation, whores from the whorehouse can be invited into courts within range (allows the player to attend)

Religion

- Carnal Exaltation: Allow to host empire/kingdom-wide gang bangs like host a feast.

- Tenets:

Sacred Service: Churches employ nuns/nymphs to please donators.

Noble Prostitution: Prostitution is seen as a noble endeavor that inspires piety,

Sexual Enslavement: Sex slaves are taken whilst raiding.

Alright, that was it for now. Let me know if this kind of thing is helpful or not :)