[mod] Adroit Religion

I updated the doctrines file to represent the changes to Carnalitis Mundi/Dei. Specifically I changed the call for church prostitution from carnm_sacred_prostitution tenet to carnd_sacred_prostitution. This allows you to choose to select church prostitutes again.

Installation is to unzip the file into your /AdroitReligion/Common mod and overwrite when prompted.

adroitreligion_updated.zip

• 2 months later...

Very useful mode! I'm using it well. I haven't checked all the opinions on this mod, but it would be nice if the theocratic religious leader of the faith with the ritual prostitution doctrine was automatically replaced after age 40. A religious leader is probably not an 'unfit' female.
I'm sorry if it already had the same suggestion or feedback.

• 2 months later...
19 minutes ago, ravensm785 said:

ok so in theory it should work for 1.4.* since from what ive heard, 1.4 didnt break anything

It should. I'm done with modding Pdox titles due to their draconian actions against people criticizing them. I hope the company crashes and burns.

On 8/19/2021 at 7:20 AM, SamIAmHam said:

It should. I'm done with modding Pdox titles due to their draconian actions against people criticizing them. I hope the company crashes and burns.

What happened (I mean besides EU4 and HoI4)? As far as I'm aware CK3 (and Stellaris) is managing player feedback well and isn't fucking up like their other franchises.

8 hours ago, Tempmania said:

What happened (I mean besides EU4 and HoI4)? As far as I'm aware CK3 (and Stellaris) is managing player feedback well and isn't fucking up like their other franchises.

On the official forums, when 1.3 patch came out I asked three times when they would be putting back in same sex concubines they deleted my posts and banned me until September 2022. 

I've enclosed the ban I got on Steam. I had a mod that the ban ensured that I couldn't update it. I had to delete it. The hilarious thing is that the mod proved me correct. They've refused to answer my questions on why I was banned.

CK3 Steam Ban.jpg

1 hour ago, SamIAmHam said:

On the official forums, when 1.3 patch came out I asked three times when they would be putting back in same sex concubines they deleted my posts and banned me until September 2022. 

I've enclosed the ban I got on Steam. I had a mod that the ban ensured that I couldn't update it. I had to delete it. The hilarious thing is that the mod proved me correct. They've refused to answer my questions on why I was banned.

CK3 Steam Ban.jpg

can't you send notice of this to kotaku or any similar hyper partisan publications? Sounds like the sort of thing they'd eat all up.

52 minutes ago, BigBlackBear said:

can't you send notice of this to kotaku or any similar hyper partisan publications? Sounds like the sort of thing they'd eat all up.

I never thought about it to be honest. Frankly, I just don't care any more. Pdox can burn to the ground for all I care.

I can understand if it's cause of getting banned, would've pissed me off too.

However, they've already added same sex concubinage in 1.4 and are planning the same thing for marriage in 1.5. There's even a Trello Board for mod support co-managed by both the modding community and Paradox to track feature requests and bug fixes.

Regarding the whole WaffleIron thing, it was actually due to him violating their TOS and Paradox needed to set some boundaries about distributing patches that modify the exe. WaffleIron and the devs were actually quite chill about the whole situation.

Forum Post for the screenshot below.

image.png.92d0f0f10e10140144024f86c7d93abc.png

Edited by Tempmania
On 8/29/2021 at 1:21 PM, Tempmania said:

I can understand if it's cause of getting banned, would've pissed me off too.

However, they've already added same sex concubinage in 1.4 and are planning the same thing for marriage in 1.5. There's even a Trello Board for mod support co-managed by both the modding community and Paradox to track feature requests and bug fixes.

Regarding the whole WaffleIron thing, it was actually due to him violating their TOS and Paradox needed to set some boundaries about distributing patches that modify the exe. WaffleIron and the devs were actually quite chill about the whole situation.

Forum Post for the screenshot below.

image.png.92d0f0f10e10140144024f86c7d93abc.png

Yet, there were modified exe files that fixed widescreen issues etc... for other games they made and published. They banned him and banned anyone that mentioned his name.

The entire point was them banning people for things they didn't like. On top of that was the absolute lies they told to Rock, Paper, Shotgun and were called on it. Namely the big one was we didn't remove functionality intentionally, but we removed functionality intentionally.

Fuck Pdox.

Edited by SamIAmHam
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Adroit Religion - Continued 1.12

Since I love this mod, I've updated it to work with Royal Court. I've not yet tested it extensively, but it seems to work quite well from what I've been able to test.
I've also included some little changes, and made a gitgud repo as well, so it will be easier to keep it updated.
If you find bugs, please submit an issue on the repo, or even a create a merge request 

Releases Page
Readme

Changelog

General

• Made compatible with Crusader Kings III 1.5 Royal Court
  • Filenames refactoring (added adroit_ prefixes where it was missing, for consistency)
  • Added support for Carnalitas Dei sexuality doctrine
    • Carnalitas Dei hides carnal exaltation tenet and replaces it with a doctrine. Picking the carnal exaltation sexuality doctrine now allows selecting the Ritual Prostitution doctrine like the tenet would

Art

• Tweaked the church brothel icon
  • Added artworks for the volunteering and visit church decisions (Credits: Personalami)

Localization

• Added French localization
  • Added dummy localization files for other languages to prevent localization errors regardless of language settings

Adroit Religion - Continued 1.12.zip

Edited by Triskelia
1 hour ago, Triskelia said:

Adroit Religion - Continued 1.12

Since I love this mod, I've updated it to work with Royal Court. I've not yet tested it extensively, but it seems to work quite well from what I've been able to test.
I've also included some little changes, and made a gitgud repo as well, so it will be easier to keep it updated.
If you find bugs, please submit an issue on the repo, or even a create a merge request 

Releases Page
Readme

Changelog

General

• Made compatible with Crusader Kings III 1.5 Royal Court
  • Filenames refactoring (added adroit_ prefixes where it was missing, for consistency)
  • Added support for Carnalitas Dei sexuality doctrine
    • Carnalitas Dei hides carnal exaltation tenet and replaces it with a doctrine. Picking the carnal exaltation sexuality doctrine now allows selecting the Ritual Prostitution doctrine like the tenet would

Art

• Tweaked the church brothel icon
  • Added artworks for the volunteering and visit church decisions (Credits: Personalami)

Localization

• Added French localization
  • Added dummy localization files for other languages to prevent localization errors regardless of language settings

Adroit Religion - Continued 1.12.zip 629.93 kB · 2 downloads

does this replace the custom christianity add on (with the custom tenets) as well or just the main file?

Omg, I absolutely LOVE this mod! Thanks for making it compatible with Royal Court @Triskelia! Downloading it right now!

Will you also work on the custom christianity mod? I don't really use it but the 'Unfettered Lasciviousness' tenet is such a good one and saves slots for a few other ones I like to run in a religious playthrough.

I think it will make more sense to integrate it directly into Dei's religions instead of Custom Christianity. Just have the religions Madeleinism, Xuansu, and Lilithism implement the "Ritualistic Prostitution" doctrine

I also noticed that Carnalitas' default Prostitution System and other events seems to produce bastards instead of a "Child of God". I think we might want to just replace all the bastards with "Child of God" for religions with the "Ritualistic Prostitution" Doctrine.

4 hours ago, Tempmania said:

I think it will make more sense to integrate it directly into Dei's religions instead of Custom Christianity. Just have the religions Madeleinism, Xuansu, and Lilithism implement the "Ritualistic Prostitution" doctrine

To add it directly into Dei mod, we would need the religion files to accept conditions and check if the Custom Christianity mod is present, since we don't want to make it dependent to that mod. But I don't think that's possible (will have to look into it). Overriding the Carnalitas Dei files into Custom Christianity would probably be the simplest, and that's not a lot of work, and easy to maintain (just need to copy the original carn files, and edit a few lines).

I think I should go for 4 mods :

• (Required) Adroit Religion
    • (Optional) Adroit Religion (Carnalitas Dei Integration Patch) => Adds "Ritualistic Prostitution" doctrine to Carn Dei's Religions that have the "Sacred Prostitution" Tenet
  • (Optional) Custom Christianity
    • (Optional) Custom Christianity (Carnalitas Dei Compatibility Patch) => To have access to both Custom Christianity and Carn Dei tenets (Merge tenet file)

I also noticed that Carnalitas' default Prostitution System and other events seems to produce bastards instead of a "Child of God". I think we might want to just replace all the bastards with "Child of God" for religions with the "Ritualistic Prostitution" Doctrine.

Replacing all bastards of those religions might be too much. Maybe it should be limited to prostitution only, and even then, I think it makes sense that "Child of God" should happen only if the child is conceived while servicing at the temple. But that's something I could look into, perhaps even tied it to a game rule. But I'm afraid it would mean even more overriding

Adroit Religion Continued - Update

I've updated Adroit Religion and its Custom Christianity submod. I've also created two patches for better integration and compatibility with Carnalitas Dei

Load Order

If you don't use Carnalitas Dei

• Carnalitas
  • Adroit Religion Continued (This mod)
  • (Optional) Adroit Religion Continued - Custom Christianity

If you use Carnalitas Dei

• Carnalitas
  • Carnalitas Dei
  • Adroit Religion Continued
  • Adroit Religion Continued (Carn Dei Patch)
  • (Optional) Adroit Religion Continued - Custom Christianity
  • (Optional) Adroit Religion Continued - Custom Christianity (Carn Dei Patch)

ARC - Adroit Religion Continued 1.13.zip ARC - Adroit Religion Continued (Carn Dei Patch) 1.0.zip ARC - Custom Christianity Submod 1.2.zip ARC - Custom Christianity Submod (Carn Dei Patch) 1.0.zip

Edited by Triskelia
Fixed .mod file