Ah, now i remembered what i forgot to ask last time.

Can the Elin subfolders in /textures and /meshes be more logically structured?

Currently it's a 3-Folder mess in the /actors subfolder, with 2chElin, 2chElin fix and 2chElin textures/BBP body fix subfolders.

Could this be just one folder?

If i try to replace a mesh/texture/skeleton, i have to do a little trial and error every time to find the right folder where what goes.

Just take a page out of some other mods like companion mods for example, where everything is neatly structured in /actors/character/nameOfRaceOrCompanion.

The elins have multiple hands, feet, bodies, skeletons as of right now; and usually replacing one file here (skeleton/mesh) from another mod wreaks the whole thing.

Side Note:

the normal voice files (not the anime/japanese ones) for the Elins aren't complete, someone high-pitched a few common shouts and left the other ones silent.

If somebody knows how to export the player voice files to wav and back again, i could try my hand in some anime-ish sounding voices (higher/faster pitched)

Or perhaps this has been done already...

I wanna say there was a FO3 mod that did japanese anime type voices in different tones, I am not sure but the nexus has two programs that allow you to convert mp3's to the skyrim files for music (not sure about voice) you may or may not be able to do a little switch-a-roo with the files to get what you want... then again this might be a huge waste of time and there is a mod on the oblivion nexus that has anime voices you can use once converted idk.

@Spamhunter

You mean put all of the files from the 2chElin, 2chElin fix, and 2chElin BBP Body fix folders in one folder?

2chElin contains the files for the summon Elins.

2chElin fix contains the files for the default pc head and body.

2chElin BBP Body fix contains the files for the body replacers which replaces the pc's default body without literally overwriting the default body files.  The exception would be the skeletons, your character's (and NPC replacers) skeleton will always be located in 2chElin fix.

I can make it so that the custom body replacers literally overwrite the default files and thus remove the need for a third folder (2chElin BBP Body fix).  I can also maybe integrate the Tera body with the main race pack so that it becomes an option when installing the core files.

Another option would be creating BSA's, but more thought would be needed before choosing that option.

As for the voice files, I have a few that were not uploaded.  Some seem to replace certain dialogues (I believe I have one for child followers) and others do not replace all dragon shouts only shouts 1-3.  Some were downloaded from Nexus and others are from other gaming forums.  I have yet to come across a complete voice replacer that does a decent anime voice-style.

@Mistle

I have that file (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/34713) and the ADEC Caribbean body is recommended, but UNP and CBBE is compatible.  I have tested it with the TBBP Venus body and the butt bounce is only slightly noticeable.  The test was only cursory so the end (no pun intended) result could be improved after doing more testing.

TBBP is purely personal choice.  Quite frankly, you can only see her from the back when playing in 3rd-person and there are no breasts when in 1st-person.  Well pronounced butt animations would best suit the first scenerio and the breast animation would best suit the second.

good to know, starting to wonder if TBBP or BBP in general is even worth it.. as you say very situational I know I can't play 3rd person for crap and no one is going to play facing the front of there character so I started to think maybe I should ditch the TBBP/BBP aspect of the bodies I use.

Psyho, can you share your street magic?

here some experiment :

1)starter pack used only, UNP Tight Body

2)Unpacked hairs BSA to work in CK with them

and now pure magic:

lets load ElinRace__zzSimsHair.esp and ElinRace__zzSimsHair2.esp in CK

now dublicate ElinRace, lets say to ElinRaceTEST

and add this new race to FormLists:

post-81353-0-62819300-1366745991_thumb.png

now all headparts is avaiable for new testrace

lets look into zzjay7 hair:

original race :

post-81353-0-72537400-1366745989_thumb.png

looks ok

test race:

post-81353-0-51984700-1366745990_thumb.png

issue with clipping head and hair

race record is same 100%, only name is different

all head parts and hairs is same

why? :)

here some experiment :

and now pure magic:

attachicon.gifz3.PNG

original race :

attachicon.gifz1.PNG

looks ok

test race:

attachicon.gifz2.PNG

Elin Race Test would have to be a race of their own even if they share the same assets as the Elin race.  It's like ygNord is a custom race though they share with the Nords with the exception of their own head and bodies (ygNord uses a separate folder path).

What this means is you have to assign them their heads meshes (HDPT) and body (ARMO).  When doing so, you then give them the Elin's meshes and texture sets.

Now, instead of adding them to the Elin's formlist, just create new formlist for the TEST race.  You will then have to create another new set of formlist that will include both the Elin/Elin vampire races and the ElinTEST/ElinTEST vampire races (don't forget about creating the vampire counterpart).  Name it slightly different (for Girls of Tera, I use Tera Elin to distinguish them from the current Elins).

This new formlist (containing both the Elin Race and ElinTEST Race) is used when assigning the same hairs and headparts for both races. 

here some experiment :

and now pure magic:

attachicon.gifz3.PNG

original race :

attachicon.gifz1.PNG

looks ok

test race:

attachicon.gifz2.PNG

Elin Race Test would have to be a race of their own even if they share the same assets as the Elin race.  It's like ygNord is a custom race though they share with the Nords with the exception of their own head and bodies (ygNord uses a separate folder path).

What this means is you have to assign them their heads meshes (HDPT) and body (ARMO).  When doing so, you then give them the Elin's meshes and texture sets.

So basically, ElinRaceTEST has to be seen as a new race and not just a different name for the same Elin race.

i already done it, completely independent race and parts(all different, not just records, but path to textures and meshes), but its have same issue

funny thing that when i share independant records (via adding ElinRace to lists from headpart scetion) its works

even new head, new hair and new body and head texture

its works proper only on original record... wtf :)

its like something depending on ElinRace form ID. i dont know what else it can be

its first race where i get this kind of problems

also Tes5Edit 3.0.29 show errors on hair records in this two esps:

[00:03] Background Loader: [racecompatibility.esm] Building reference info.
[00:03] Background Loader: [ElinRace.esm] Building reference info.
[00:03] Background Loader: [ElinRace__zzSimsHair.esp] Building reference info.
[00:03] Background Loader: Error: record HDPT contains unexpected (or out of order) subrecord NAM0
[00:03] Background Loader: Error: record HDPT contains unexpected (or out of order) subrecord NAM1 314D414E
[00:03] Background Loader: Error: record HDPT contains unexpected (or out of order) subrecord NAM0
[00:03] Background Loader: Error: record HDPT contains unexpected (or out of order) subrecord NAM1 314D414E
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_SimsHairlinetrapping "Elin_hairllinesimstrapping" [HDPT:03000D62]
[00:03] Background Loader: Contained subrecords: EDID FULL MODL MODT DATA PNAM RNAM NAM0 NAM1 NAM0 NAM1
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_SimsHairTrapping "Elin_simshairtrapping" [HDPT:03000D63]
[00:03] Background Loader: Contained subrecords: EDID FULL MODL MODT DATA PNAM HNAM RNAM NAM0 NAM1 NAM0 NAM1
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_SimsHairlineFlaxen "Elin_hairllinesimstrapping" [HDPT:030012C6]
[00:03] Background Loader: Contained subrecords: EDID FULL MODL MODT DATA PNAM NAM0 NAM1 RNAM NAM0 NAM1
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_SimsHairFlaxen "Elin_simshair" [HDPT:030012C7]
[00:03] Background Loader: Contained subrecords: EDID FULL MODL MODT DATA PNAM HNAM NAM0 NAM1 RNAM NAM0 NAM1
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_SimsHairlinePmine "Elin_hairllinesimstrapping" [HDPT:030012C8]
[00:03] Background Loader: Contained subrecords: EDID FULL MODL MODT DATA PNAM NAM0 NAM1 RNAM NAM0 NAM1
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_SimsHairPmine "Elin_simshair" [HDPT:030012C9]
[00:03] Background Loader: Contained subrecords: EDID FULL MODL MODT DATA PNAM HNAM NAM0 NAM1 RNAM NAM0 NAM1
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_SimsHairlineharvest "Elin_hairllinesimstrapping" [HDPT:030012CA]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_SimsHairHarvest "Elin_simshair" [HDPT:030012CB]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_SimsHairFlaxen2 "Elin_simshair" [HDPT:0300182E]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_SimsHairlineFlaxen2 "Elin_hairllinesimstrapping" [HDPT:0300182F]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_SimsHairlinepj "Elin_hairllinesimstrapping" [HDPT:03001830]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_SimsHairpjay "Elin_simshair" [HDPT:03001831]
[00:03] Background Loader: [ElinRace__zzSimsHair2.esp] Building reference info.
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_HairLineFemalezzjay1 "Elin_HairLineFemaleDarkElf01" [HDPT:04000D62]
[00:03] Background Loader: Contained subrecords: EDID FULL MODL MODT DATA PNAM RNAM NAM0 NAM1 NAM0 NAM1
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_HairFemalezzjay1 "Elin_HairFemaleNord01" [HDPT:04000D63]
[00:03] Background Loader: Contained subrecords: EDID FULL MODL MODT DATA PNAM HNAM RNAM NAM0 NAM1 NAM0 NAM1
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_HairLineFemalezzjay2 "Elin_HairLineFemaleDarkElf01" [HDPT:04000D64]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_HairFemalezzjay2 "Elin_HairFemaleNord01" [HDPT:04000D65]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_HairLineFemalezzjay3 "Elin_HairLineFemaleDarkElf01" [HDPT:04000D66]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_HairFemalezzjay3 "Elin_HairFemaleNord01" [HDPT:04000D67]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_HairLineFemalezzjay4 "Elin_HairLineFemaleDarkElf01" [HDPT:04000D68]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_HairFemalezzjay4 "Elin_HairFemaleNord01" [HDPT:04000D69]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_HairLineFemalezzjay5 "Elin_HairLineFemaleDarkElf01" [HDPT:04000D6A]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_HairLineFemalezzjay6 "Elin_HairLineFemaleDarkElf01" [HDPT:04000D6B]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_HairLineFemalezzjay7 "Elin_HairLineFemaleDarkElf01" [HDPT:04000D6C]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_HairLineFemalezzjay8 "Elin_HairLineFemaleDarkElf01" [HDPT:04000D6D]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_HairLineFemalezzjay9 "Elin_HairLineFemaleDarkElf01" [HDPT:04000D6E]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_HairFemalezzjay5 "Elin_HairFemaleNord01" [HDPT:04000D6F]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_HairFemalezzjay6 "Elin_HairFemaleNord01" [HDPT:04000D70]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_HairFemalezzjay7 "Elin_HairFemaleNord01" [HDPT:04000D71]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_HairFemalezzjay8 "Elin_HairFemaleNord01" [HDPT:04000D72]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_HairFemalezzjay9 "Elin_HairFemaleNord01" [HDPT:04000D73]
[00:03] Background Loader: finished

here some experiment :

and now pure magic:

attachicon.gifz3.PNG

original race :

attachicon.gifz1.PNG

looks ok

test race:

attachicon.gifz2.PNG

So basically, ElinRaceTEST has to be seen as a new race and not just a different name for the same Elin race.

i already done it, completely independent race and parts(all different, not just records, but path to textures and meshes), but its have same issue

funny thing that when i share independant records (via adding ElinRace to lists from headpart scetion) its works

its like something depending on ElinRace form ID. i dont know what else it can be

[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_SimsHairlinetrapping "Elin_hairllinesimstrapping" [HDPT:03000D62]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_SimsHairTrapping "Elin_simshairtrapping" [HDPT:03000D63]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_SimsHairlineFlaxen "Elin_hairllinesimstrapping" [HDPT:030012C6]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_SimsHairFlaxen "Elin_simshair" [HDPT:030012C7]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_SimsHairlinePmine "Elin_hairllinesimstrapping" [HDPT:030012C8]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_SimsHairPmine "Elin_simshair" [HDPT:030012C9]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_SimsHairlineharvest "Elin_hairllinesimstrapping" [HDPT:030012CA]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_SimsHairHarvest "Elin_simshair" [HDPT:030012CB]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_SimsHairFlaxen2 "Elin_simshair" [HDPT:0300182E]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_SimsHairlineFlaxen2 "Elin_hairllinesimstrapping" [HDPT:0300182F]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_SimsHairlinepj "Elin_hairllinesimstrapping" [HDPT:03001830]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_SimsHairpjay "Elin_simshair" [HDPT:03001831]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_HairLineFemalezzjay1 "Elin_HairLineFemaleDarkElf01" [HDPT:04000D62]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_HairFemalezzjay1 "Elin_HairFemaleNord01" [HDPT:04000D63]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_HairLineFemalezzjay2 "Elin_HairLineFemaleDarkElf01" [HDPT:04000D64]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_HairFemalezzjay2 "Elin_HairFemaleNord01" [HDPT:04000D65]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_HairLineFemalezzjay3 "Elin_HairLineFemaleDarkElf01" [HDPT:04000D66]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_HairFemalezzjay3 "Elin_HairFemaleNord01" [HDPT:04000D67]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_HairLineFemalezzjay4 "Elin_HairLineFemaleDarkElf01" [HDPT:04000D68]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_HairFemalezzjay4 "Elin_HairFemaleNord01" [HDPT:04000D69]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_HairLineFemalezzjay5 "Elin_HairLineFemaleDarkElf01" [HDPT:04000D6A]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_HairLineFemalezzjay6 "Elin_HairLineFemaleDarkElf01" [HDPT:04000D6B]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_HairLineFemalezzjay7 "Elin_HairLineFemaleDarkElf01" [HDPT:04000D6C]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_HairLineFemalezzjay8 "Elin_HairLineFemaleDarkElf01" [HDPT:04000D6D]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_HairLineFemalezzjay9 "Elin_HairLineFemaleDarkElf01" [HDPT:04000D6E]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_HairFemalezzjay5 "Elin_HairFemaleNord01" [HDPT:04000D6F]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_HairFemalezzjay6 "Elin_HairFemaleNord01" [HDPT:04000D70]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_HairFemalezzjay7 "Elin_HairFemaleNord01" [HDPT:04000D71]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_HairFemalezzjay8 "Elin_HairFemaleNord01" [HDPT:04000D72]
[00:03] Background Loader: Errors were found in: Elin_HairFemalezzjay9 "Elin_HairFemaleNord01" [HDPT:04000D73]

It works only if the Elinrace (ElinRace.esm) is present as a dependency?  I wonder if it's because of the patched hairs.  They are for the Elin Race not Elin Race Test.  If those hairs are the shared records, would duplicating and replacing the listed race with the test race break the dependency.

As long as the patched hairs only work for the Elin race and not affect other races, I wouldn't worry about what error warningsTES5edit says.

here some experiment :

and now pure magic:

attachicon.gifz3.PNG

original race :

attachicon.gifz1.PNG

looks ok

test race:

attachicon.gifz2.PNG

It works only if the Elinrace (ElinRace.esm) is present as a dependency?  I wonder if it's because of the patched hairs.  They are for the Elin Race not Elin Race Test.  If those hairs are the shared records, would duplicating and replacing the listed race with the test race break the dependency.

As long as the patched hairs only work for the Elin race and not affect other races, I wouldn't worry about what error warningsTES5edit says.

i showed example where i do nothing but just copy race record. sure its have elinrace.esm in dependency.

hm what kind of patch you talking about? patched nifs and tri files ?

nifs and tri have nothing common with race record, isnt it?

or something special for esm?

I was thinking you wanted the test race to be indepenent of the Elin race, my mistake.  The patches I was refering to are the hair morph files that allows the custom hairs (Apachii, Sims, Cazy, etc.) to be compatible with the Elin's own custom head mesh.  When you unpacked the BSA for the Elin-Sims hairs, you will notice morph files for each of the Sims hairs.  Without those, the hairs will not show up or glitch (explode, bald spots and such).

I was thinking you wanted the test race to be indepenent of the Elin race, my mistake.  The patches I was refering to are the hair morph files that allows the custom hairs (Apachii, Sims, Cazy, etc.) to be compatible with the Elin's own custom head mesh.  When you unpacked the BSA for the Elin-Sims hairs, you will notice morph files for each of the Sims hairs.  Without those, the hairs will not show up or glitch (explode, bald spots and such).

yeah, sure i noticed, this tri files is only reason why i want to test this on elins, but most hairs have this issue

ingame and in CK

my first guess was about head mesh, but it is not.

yeah, sure i noticed, this tri files is only reason why i want to test this on elins, but most hairs have this issue

ingame and in CK

my first guess was about head mesh, but it is not.

Check the hair's HDPT record and make sure the tri files are included.  I know certain hairs still have some clipping issues, but they are minor and doesn't affect most of the hairs.

no, in my case its not minor, sometimes its like half of head is naked :)

well i just looking into some TRI files, and found string "ElinRace"

so TRI files including information about race which they are applied for?

post-81353-0-73690000-1366751871_thumb.png

well hands down, dont know anything about TRI files :)

no, in my case its not minor, sometimes its like half of head is naked :)

well i just looking into some TRI files, and found string "ElinRace"

so TRI files including information about race which they are applied for?

attachicon.gifz4.PNG

well hands down, dont know anything about TRI files :)

What race is the test race?  Is it ElinRace or ElinRaceTEST (or something similar)? 

I started CK and will try to add a Sims hair as default.  If it works then the problems is with the test race.  If I'm able to recreate the glitch then the cause is either with the hair or CK.

I added the Sims hairs to the face data and she gets a bald head.  I extracted the BSA and changed the Elin patch tri file with the original Sims tri file for one of the hairs, but that didn't work either.

The custom Nord hairs will appear in preview, but the Sims hair will not.  Yet these hairs will appear in the race menu.

haha its real magic, i guess its really hardcoded into TRI files

if race record have name "ElinRace" all will work fine, doesnt matter have you ElinRace.esm or not

look here:

post-81353-0-83604900-1366753943_thumb.png

now lets rename form, without duplicating. same form ID, but different name. Click OK and save addon.

post-81353-0-33384100-1366754222_thumb.png

now if i change it again to ElinRace, all will work properly.

post-81353-0-53953900-1366754707_thumb.png

change name, save, get problems, thief! :)

post-81353-0-54380900-1366754813_thumb.png

well fast and dumb method - changing string in hex editor or same non-text editing tool :

i just replaced in hairfemalezzjay07.tri and same *races.tri file and this hair now works:

attachicon.gifz16.PNG

sure its must be same amount of chars (8) in name

If that is the case then the answer is simple, but limited to the same name length.  Not really a big deal since the morphs are only for the Elin race unless people try to make new races based on the Elin.

EDIT:  Anyone is welcomed to try the Elin hair converter.  Keep in mind, it will not work for all custom hairs.  I have not test SG hairs, yet.