@Silvernirvash

The latest RaceMenu now has sliders from ECE.  You install ECE then RaceMenu over it.  It doesn't contain every slider as ECE, but basically one can now use both at the same.  I'm still staying with ECE because RaceMenu's preset system only allows for saving the face data to the clipboard.  ECE saves face data, hairs, body changes, and tints.  If and when RaceMenu does the same, I'll switch over.

Btw, can you send me Chesko's mod v1.0?  Send it by pm if you want.  Instead of waiting for Skulltryannt to upgrade his skeletons for v1.1, I can go ahead and modify the current ones for v1.0.

ah i see then i can use both at the same time? very nice. 

between there is no 1.0 version of the belt fastened quiver mod it came out as 1.1 as far as i can tell if there were i'd send it to you but i downloaded chesko's mod the day of its release and it's still up to date according to NMM. so all i can say is you might have to work with 1.1 instead.

I was going by what was said on the description page.

"Some combined skeletons were created by Skulltyrant to combine Belt-Fastened Quivers with things like Realistic Ragdolls and Force, Dual Sheath plus Shields on Back, and so on. However, these are currently made from Belt-Fastened Quivers 1.0. If you use one of the above skeleton replacers, please wait for Skulltyrant (or someone else; this mod is free to distribute and modify; see my distribution permissions) to create a new version based off of 1.1."

There was a v1.0, but Chesko removed it when uploading v1.1.  I'll see what can be done with the current skeletons by Skulltyrannt or just use the ones from v1.1.

@Uguu123

I found some more files for the Derived Elins.  The main file requires CME so it should work with the latest ECE.

Main Race Files

attachicon.gifCME_Derived Elin5 - fixed.7z

1st-Person Body and Hands

attachicon.gifDerived1stPersonBody.7z

As for the Voice mod, it never came with sound files so I'm guessing you add your own.

what is Derived Elins ? another mod ?

The Derived Elns have been around for some time.  It uses assets from the Elins (no ears and tails) to create an anime race.  Someone had requested a race that was anime-ish in appearance and I posted the Derived Elins (back then called Derivelin).  I haven't heard from him since and judging by the download count, it wasn't very popular, so I removed them.

@psycho: uhm, I see.

btw, now I encountered a bug that Honeyside enchanting room can't be built despite of gold taken. Google it shows that is a bug caused by Hearthfire DLC. The unofficial Hearthfire patch will fix this, but since the patch is an .esp file so it loads after elin race esm. 

Therefore, I think somehow load order need to be adjusted so the bug will be fixed properly? because I have the FF Mithra.esp installed too and it load after the HF patch, and the problem doesn't occur.

how do you think about this?

@Silvernirvash

The latest RaceMenu now has sliders from ECE.  You install ECE then RaceMenu over it.  It doesn't contain every slider as ECE, but basically one can now use both at the same.  I'm still staying with ECE because RaceMenu's preset system only allows for saving the face data to the clipboard.  ECE saves face data, hairs, body changes, and tints.  If and when RaceMenu does the same, I'll switch over.

Btw, can you send me Chesko's mod v1.0?  Send it by pm if you want.  Instead of waiting for Skulltryannt to upgrade his skeletons for v1.1, I can go ahead and modify the current ones for v1.0.

ah i see then i can use both at the same time? very nice. 

between there is no 1.0 version of the belt fastened quiver mod it came out as 1.1 as far as i can tell if there were i'd send it to you but i downloaded chesko's mod the day of its release and it's still up to date according to NMM. so all i can say is you might have to work with 1.1 instead.

I was going by what was said on the description page.

"Some combined skeletons were created by Skulltyrant to combine Belt-Fastened Quivers with things like Realistic Ragdolls and Force, Dual Sheath plus Shields on Back, and so on. However, these are currently made from Belt-Fastened Quivers 1.0. If you use one of the above skeleton replacers, please wait for Skulltyrant (or someone else; this mod is free to distribute and modify; see my distribution permissions) to create a new version based off of 1.1."

There was a v1.0, but Chesko removed it when uploading v1.1.  I'll see what can be done with the current skeletons by Skulltyrannt or just use the ones from v1.1.

oh my....i don't recall seeing the 1.0...maybe it was a very quick update?  possibly with in the same day or day after of its 1.0 release? i generally check the nexus every single day for new mods but maybe my timing was off with cheskos mod >w<;; hey maybe i can message him and ask him if it's possible to get a hold of the 1.0 version of it? you'd need permission to use his skeleton in your own mod anyway right?

@Grbone

I do not know why the unofficial patch works with one custom race, but not another.  The Elin race does not alter or add worldspace so the unofficial patch is not affected by the race.  Master files are all located on top of the load order while all plugins are below them.  Plugins only load after the master files. 

Have you tried any other Hearthfire patches or Hearthfire-related patches that fixes Honeyside?

EDIT:  Did you have the Unofficial Hearthfire patch when starting a new game with the Elins?  Was it installed later in the game?

I had problems with Dawnguard and the Drain Vitality shout while playing the Elins.  Installing the unofficial Dawnguard patch only partially fixed the shout, but the Word wall in Arcwind was still glitched.  Only when I started a new game with the unofficial patch installed did it (so far) fixed the problem.

@Silvernirvash

If you have version 1.1 then the skeletons from v1.0 is not needed.  I can use Chesko's v1.1 skeletons and add Skulltyrannt's skellies when he releases those.

@Grbone

I do not know why the unofficial patch works with one custom race, but not another.  The Elin race does not alter or add worldspace so the unofficial patch is not affected by the race.  Master files are all located on top of the load order while all plugins are below them.  Plugins only load after the master files. 

Have you tried any other Hearthfire patches or Hearthfire-related patches that fixes Honeyside?

EDIT:  Did you have the Unofficial Hearthfire patch when starting a new game with the Elins?  Was it installed later in the game?

I had problems with Dawnguard and the Drain Vitality shout while playing the Elins.  Installing the unofficial Dawnguard patch only partially fixed the shout, but the Word wall in Arcwind was still glitched.  Only when I started a new game with the unofficial patch installed did it (so far) fixed the problem.

@Silvernirvash

If you have version 1.1 then the skeletons from v1.0 is not needed.  I can use Chesko's v1.1 skeletons and add Skulltyrannt's skellies when he releases those.

you can play through the whole Dawnguard quest lines before starting a new game without problem, right? only the glitch at the Arcwind's word wall? I'll check Arcwind now to see if I get that problem too.

As for Honeyside I'm searching for a solution. If I succeed I'll let you know. Unfortunately UHP was installed later in game but my other custom race doesn't get honeyside bug (?) 

Reroll is my last option since I'm in mid level 30 right now ;P

you can play through the whole Dawnguard quest lines before starting a new game without problem, right? only the glitch at the Arcwind's word wall? I'll check Arcwind now to see if I get that problem too.

As for Honeyside I'm searching for a solution. If I succeed I'll let you know. Unfortunately UHP was installed later in game but my other custom race doesn't get honeyside bug (?) 

Reroll is my last option since I'm in mid level 30 right now ;P

I don't know.  The incident with the Arcwind glitch prevents Arngeir from giving anymore word wall locations and for the short time I continued playing afterwards, I have not been visited by the courier so no messages regarding other word walls. 

You can continue with the Dawnguard quest, but if you encounter any additional bugs, it may either be related to the race or a bug not properly fixed by the unofficial patch.

If installed during a current playthrough, the unofficial patches may not properly fix some of the bugs.  It seems to work better preventing bugs than undoing and correcting bugs.

If you plan on starting over, it would be best to first install any and all relevant patches to avoid any partial-fixes.

The Race Compatibility fix only allows for custom races to progress through certain quests that are scripted to recognize a vanilla race.  It would have no affect on events such as what grbone is experiencing at Honeyside and race plays no part in acquiring dragon shouts like I had experienced.

The Race Compatibility fix only allows for custom races to progress through certain quests that are scripted to recognize a vanilla race.  It would have no affect on events such as what grbone is experiencing at Honeyside and race plays no part in acquiring dragon shouts like I had experienced.

I managed to overcome Honeyside enchanting/children room bug by temporary disable Heartfire esm / UH patch. After buying enchanting room I active the DLC again and I can also swap with children room without problem. But If there are still some matters later with other houses or DLC manors remaining to be seen.

to everyone: You should install the unofficial patch/UH patch at beginning when starting a new game to minimize the chance of bugs. I still don't know why it happened only to one of my custom race and not others. Also I read somewhere on wiki that the patch may not work properly 100% in all cases.

btw, just going to Arcwind point, I can acquire the Drain vitality shout and learn it without problem. so I think this part executes normally, right Psycho? other things to test?

cheer. :)

Yeah I think this is vaniila DLC bugs and not related to Elin or other custom races. The Race Compatibility is for fixing quest  like 

Gianna dialogues in Dark Botherhood quest line

problem is with race compatibility is that it's only made to work with certain kinds of custom races right? like lets say the race fix mod doesn't get updated in a year but like 10 new custom races come out over the course of that year that race compatibility won't work with those races right? that's the way i understand it is that if the RC mod isn't updated to work with the latest custom races it won't work with them at all. but i'm probably wrong here ;w;

@Grbone

When I first installed Unofficial Dawnguard Patch to fix the bug at Arcwind, it fixed Drain Vitality that I had already acquired, but the quest marker still pointed to the word wall and I never got the message that the quest was completed.  I then reverted to an earlier save, spoke with Arngeir and received the quest to investigate Arcwind.  I went to the wall, learned the word and still the marker was stuck at the location and never received confirmation that the quest was complete.

When starting a new game with UDP, the marker disappeared, received the completion message, and was able to get speak with Arngeir about other word location.

The patches don't work 100% as intended if installed during a playthrough.

@Silvernirvash

RC Fix does not contain or use a listing of custom races.  It's purpose is to activate when events initiate that depends on the recognition of a vanilla race.  For example, in the beginning at Helgen, if you pick a vanilla race and complete character creation, Hadvar would make a comment specifically about your race.  If you choose a custom race,  that dialogue is skipped and he goes straight to saying, "Captain, his/her name is not on the list."

When making a custom race, a proxy race is needed which is what RC Fix uses to advance in those quests.  A proxy race has to any one of the vanilla races.  For the Elins, the proxy race is Khajjits.

@Mistle

If only it was that easy, but as with most mods, especially complex ones, there will be some kind of problem.

Hello. I am enjoying this mod immensely, but I am encountering a a very minor error - My hands, in both first person and third person view, are separated from the body, and you can see black space that connects the hand and the body. How do I fix this? I've applied the CBBE BBP over the existing CBBE body that I just downloaded.

Hello. I am enjoying this mod immensely, but I am encountering a a very minor error - My hands, in both first person and third person view, are separated from the body, and you can see black space that connects the hand and the body. How do I fix this? I've applied the CBBE BBP over the existing CBBE body that I just downloaded.

Helo Sjb411

The first thing that comes to mind is armor.  Even if the armor is rated for CBBE, the body model it uses (the body that replaces the race's body when wearing the armor) can be slightly different and cause seams and gaps at the neck, wrist, and ankles.   Does the gap disappear when going naked?  If so, then the cause is the armor.  Right now, there are no armors that conform to the custom bodies because of the Elin's shape which is caused by the skeleton.

If not, then the issue is the body itself.  Are you using only the bodies from the Elin's custom body pack?  If you install the original CBBE or CHSBHC body over the custom CBBE body then there will be issues.

The one exception is CHSBHC.  You do not install the CHSBHC files in the Elin race folders, install them in the folders as you would for the vanilla races.  You need to do this for two reasons:

1)  CHSBHC armor requires those files and looks for them in their original folders.  This also applies to CBBE BBP armors.  The Elins will be able to wear them without crashing.

2)  Female NPCs will have "turret breasts" in which their breasts stretch and point upward.

Good Luck.

Also, I'll look into allowing an option to replace the GT Elin with the old Elins for those who prefer the original anime-ish look.

Ah, if at all possible, please do.  This is honestly enough the entire reason I use Elins as my main characters, outside of the random MaTera, as I'm quite tired of games trying to look as realistic as possible and miss when they actually had some style to them... (yes, I realize I'm saying that about a game that features cat and lizard people, but they still try to make those as realistic as possible as well, and I'm mainly referring to the game industry in general, in which it's nearly impossible to tell games apart anymore because of this "realistic" push...)

Also, I'll look into allowing an option to replace the GT Elin with the old Elins for those who prefer the original anime-ish look.

Ah, if at all possible, please do.  This is honestly enough the entire reason I use Elins as my main characters, outside of the random MaTera, as I'm quite tired of games trying to look as realistic as possible and miss when they actually had some style to them... (yes, I realize I'm saying that about a game that features cat and lizard people, but they still try to make those as realistic as possible as well, and I'm mainly referring to the game industry in general, in which it's nearly impossible to tell games apart anymore because of this "realistic" push...)

Hello DarrienEmerald

Rest assured, I am not ditching the current Elins and they will still be supported when GT is released.

I kinda hope this doesn't turn into a request topic because when people start requesting a whole bunch of crap from mod authors or modders in general things get messed up or the author/modder loses interest.  Lets just let PsychoMachina do the work s/he needs to do so s/he is not swamped by a lot of I wants :P.

Hi Psycho,

Could you please summary the steps to make Elin more compatble with ECE mod and put them in the first page ? I've read through several page of dicussions in this thread but the information is too scattered and hard to follow properly, about replacing skeleton.nif from TBBP and other things... to make the body sliders work.

also I have something to ask...

1/ about the Power Elin's circle of protection, the health regen only applies to Follower?

Here what I look in TES5edit:

Effect:

GuardianCircleRestoreHealthFFContact "Guardian Circle Restore Health" [MGEF:000E0CD2]

Condition

equal to

CurrentFollowerFaction [FACT:0005C84E]

=> need to make a new condition and add Player "Prisoner" [NPC_:00000007] if I want to heal Elin as well ?

the reduce damage is apply to both Elin and Follower, right?

2/ also why set Magnitude to 35 and Duration value to 2 in HazardElinCircleFFContact "Circle of Elinu Protection" [MGEF:100135B6] and ElinCircleFFSelf "Circle of Elinu Protection" [MGEF:10013053]?

where do you set the 60 second duration for the power ?

3/ I want to use this power many times a day. So I set the Power to Lesser power. But is there a cooldown value or delay casting time I can set? I think the author of SkyRE  have done a good work to implement a cooldown to his custom racial Power. I take a look at the codes but it's a little difficult to understand so maybe another time.

I know that's a lot of questions lol... but I try to learn how to mod my own game. :D