...should the game be crashing when I try to choose a female Elin in the CC menu?

EDIT: Nevermind...I fixed it...

Out of curiosity, is it possible to swap skeletons out for the Elin race? Or do they completely rely on the one packaged with the mod?

They need the included skeleton to keep their unique shape. Changing the skeleton just turns them into normal human shapes, with heads too small for the body.

I tried it. Wasn't pretty.

Though with something like ECE it might be possible to reshape the player's body proportions into a good balance.

...should the game be crashing when I try to choose a female Elin in the CC menu?

EDIT: Nevermind...I fixed it...

Out of curiosity, is it possible to swap skeletons out for the Elin race? Or do they completely rely on the one packaged with the mod?

They need the included skeleton to keep their unique shape. Changing the skeleton just turns them into normal human shapes, with heads too small for the body.

I tried it. Wasn't pretty.

Though with something like ECE it might be possible to reshape the player's body proportions into a good balance.

So, for the time being, it would just be safer to attempt to avoid all BBP armor I have installed to avoid crashes...I *think* I could do that...maybe...

And, no, I was not intentionally trying to use BBP armor with Elins. The prisoner's outfit for females I had was BBP leftover from a mod I had installed (and later removed).

The Elins with the BBP bodies can wear BBP armor.  You will need to install the BBP files for the body you are using (CBBE or UNP).  The BBP armor does not look for the files it need in the Elin folders, but rather the Character Assets and Character Assets Female folders.

Install as is - do not install in the Elin folders.

CBBE BBP (body/textures/skeletons/animations)

UNP BBP (body/textures/skeletons/animations)

The Elins should now be able to wear BBP armor without the game CTD.  Also this will fix a bug where some female NPCs will have "turret breasts" because of the missing BBP skeletons.

Also keep in mind that if you install the Elin NPC and Enemy mod and the Mannequin replacers, they will share the same body as your pc.

Regarding ECE, you will need to add the Elin race to the list of races that uses the CME morphs.  Since the Elins do not use the required head mesh used by ECE, you will get some errors and the race will revert to the "non-compatible" set of sliders which basically are the Elin race sliders and some body sliders introduced by ECE.  The Elin skeletons are compatible.

In Addition, when you install one of the custom BBP bodies, you will need to move the associated plugin towards the end of the load order after the other Elin-related plugins and any mod that changes or enhance your character.  This will ensure that no other mod will replace or conflict with the custom body.

Registered here just to give a compliment for making this mod.

I have a question though, if I have the NPC Elin mod installed, do the Elin guards in whiterun have any voices? Because when I walk past or talk to any of them I can see the generic guard speech's subtitles flash for a brief second before vanishing but the Elin guards do not talk nor do their lips move.

Also, What range of characters and NPCs does each of the voice packs affect?

Thanks for any anwsers.

I have a question though, if I have the NPC Elin mod installed, do the Elin guards in whiterun have any voices? Because when I walk past or talk to any of them I can see the generic guard speech's subtitles flash for a brief second before vanishing but the Elin guards do not talk nor do their lips move.

Thanks for any anwsers.

Hello LordKeima and welcome to LL.

If the Elin guards do not have voices, it's because the original guard was male and a deep, male voice does not go well with a small, cute, female.  There are some female, Elin guards with female voices and these tend to be the ones with helmets.

Two of the voice packs only affects your pc.  The third, ElinVoice and NPC also affects certain NPCs such as bards and the Companions.  All the voices sound like they were done by the same voice actress and can be comparable to the game's "Young and Eager" voice-type.

Thanks for any anwsers.

Hello LordKeima and welcome to LL.

If the Elin guards do not have voices, it's because the original guard was male and a deep, male voice does not go well with a small, cute, female.  There are some female, Elin guards with female voices and these tend to be the ones with helmets.

Two of the voice packs only affects your pc.  The third, ElinVoice and NPC also affects certain NPCs such as bards and the Companions.  All the voices sound like they were done by the same voice actress and can be comparable to the game's "Young and Eager" voice-type.

Oh Okay. Thanks for the answer. Clears everything up.

I have additional voice packs, but so far from what I've seen when looking at the list of voice files, they do not replace all of the Shouts.  I'm always looking around for a complete voice pack.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I believe there is a way to unlock additional vanilla voices for followers that would normally break their dialogue.  Once I figure this out, hopefully, this can also be applied to the playable character.  That would mean I could give the Elins the child voice-type.  I can't guarentee this will work since Bethesda never intended the pc to be a child or have the child voice.

The Elins with the BBP bodies can wear BBP armor.  You will need to install the BBP files for the body you are using (CBBE or UNP).  The BBP armor does not look for the files it need in the Elin folders, but rather the Character Assets and Character Assets Female folders.

Install as is - do not install in the Elin folders.

CBBE BBP (body/textures/skeletons/animations)

CBBE BBP.7z

UNP BBP (body/textures/skeletons/animations)

UNP BBP.7z

The Elins should now be able to wear BBP armor without the game CTD.  Also this will fix a bug where some female NPCs will have "turret breasts" because of the missing BBP skeletons.

Also keep in mind that if you install the Elin NPC and Enemy mod and the Mannequin replacers, they will share the same body as your pc.

Regarding ECE, you will need to add the Elin race to the list of races that uses the CME morphs.  Since the Elins do not use the required head mesh used by ECE, you will get some errors and the race will revert to the "non-compatible" set of sliders which basically are the Elin race sliders and some body sliders introduced by ECE.  The Elin skeletons are compatible.

In Addition, when you install one of the custom BBP bodies, you will need to move the associated plugin towards the end of the load order after the other Elin-related plugins and any mod that changes or enhance your character.  This will ensure that no other mod will replace or conflict with the custom body.

I am guessing that you refer to the Monli BBP plugin that you included? *sigh* Now I don't want to use that for a completely different CTD issue (CBBE TBBP bodies installed). Fortunately, it won't be difficult to redirect the plugin file to a different folder that won't crash on me...

By the way, I like the Elin race  you made. I think that it is awesome that I can run around as a beserker and have fun (Orcs are boring). And please keep working on the races. Your work is good, and I look forward to being able to play as a Castanic sometime when that mod is reuploaded/finished.

And most importantly, I understand that most of my problems are probably specific to me. I have learned this with the hand-swapping and random T-pose issues, along with a few other things. If you don't care/want to fix something that I have as a problem because it is specific to me, I completely understand. I can fix things for myself (as long as it can be fixed in the CK), but it might not be a very good fix.

If TL;DR, 1. I have problem that I can fix. 2. Keep up the good work! You are awesome! 3. I have a lot of unique problems with Skyrim.

@Thecaboss

So you have TBBP and not the typical BBP.  I thought you were have issues with using BBP amors on the Elins.  TBBP is something different.

I can put the GT race on hold for awhile and get started on making the current Elins TBBP-compatible.  I can make a TBBP body, but modifying the skeleton to recreate the Elin body might be an adventure in itself.  I will have a look at the many custom skeletons by Skull Tyrannt since much of the TBBP skeletons he made also includes compatibility additions for other mods like Armed to the Teeth and Duel Sheath plus Shield on Back.   I can then make some modifications to include the Elin scale and shape.

@Thecaboss

So you have TBBP and not the typical BBP.  I thought you were have issues with using BBP amors on the Elins.  TBBP is something different.

I can put the GT race on hold for awhile and get started on making the current Elins TBBP-compatible.  I can make a TBBP body, but modifying the skeleton to recreate the Elin body might be an adventure in itself.  I will have a look at the many custom skeletons by Skull Tyrannt since much of the TBBP skeletons he made also includes compatibility additions for other mods like Armed to the Teeth and Duel Sheath plus Shield on Back.   I can then make some modifications to include the Elin scale and shape.

There is no reason to put the GT race on hold, and I was using typical BBP armor when I was having issue. I can probably just take the Monli BBP override .esp and route the body files to a different folder for a fix. The TBBP issue didn't happen until I forgot that it would cause an instant crash if I used the reroute as-is.

For now, I will be working on my own little reroute to send standard BBP bodies to the Elin race instead of the TBBP in the main folder. So, unless you are looking forward to a new adventure making Elins compatible with TBBP, I think I can work on a tiny fix myself. And I will let you know how that goes.

EDIT: It looks like I will not have the time to make a fix today. Looked at it for 10 minutes, and the only thing I find is confusion. I am assuming the real problem is the skeleton.hkx files will always be used when I attempt to use the fix data, which means that I have wandered into an area I know very little about. Perhaps make the Elin fix directories use a BBP animation file for the bodies from within the same folder instead of using the one I have installed? I'm sure that the xp32 skeleton anims could be kept separate...somehow...

Anyway, I will just avoid BBP and TBBP armors I am currently using, and since I could only find 3 CBBE TBBP armors, avoiding instant CTDs will not be that difficult.

I have additional voice packs, but so far from what I've seen when looking at the list of voice files, they do not replace all of the Shouts.  I'm always looking around for a complete voice pack.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I believe there is a way to unlock additional vanilla voices for followers that would normally break their dialogue.  Once I figure this out, hopefully, this can also be applied to the playable character.  That would mean I could give the Elins the child voice-type.  I can't guarentee this will work since Bethesda never intended the pc to be a child or have the child voice.

follower will work if you add his voice type(FemaleChild for example) into VoicesFollowerNeutral in FormLists

at least its work for me

problem that UFO/whatever and probably other companion control mods will change this form

so there 2 solutions - put UFO before follower mod or make compatibility patch which must load after UFO/whatever

or make your own UFO :D

*sigh* I tried loading my Elin save earlier, and I received an infinite loading screen. Apparently, there was a problem with the sound files from the TrueElin voice pack that caused it (either missing or corrupt). I am going to try redownloading the additions pack in case the archive is corrupt...but seriously...why do I have so many problems with mods that work fine for other people? And why are they abnormal problems?

The world may never know...

*sigh* I tried loading my Elin save earlier, and I received an infinite loading screen. Apparently, there was a problem with the sound files from the TrueElin voice pack that caused it (either missing or corrupt). I am going to try redownloading the additions pack in case the archive is corrupt...but seriously...why do I have so many problems with mods that work fine for other people? And why are they abnormal problems?

The world may never know...

Have you checked the integrity of your game cache?  There are times when I would have problems thinking it was a mod or mods conflicting and when I verified the integrity of the game cache, the problems usually are fixed.  Also reinstalling a mod can fix a problem too.

Here are 3 additional voice packs I have, but yet to be tested so I don't really know how they sound.  Out of the 3, the Kunoichi pack also contains voices for Dawnguard (shouts).

3 Additional Voice Packs

3 Voice Packs.7z

<<<<<<<<<<---+--->>>>>>>>>>

Regarding adding TBBP to the current Elin race, I have 3 different TBBP bodies both with and without pubic hairs.  The 3rd body is something I recently made just out of curiosity.

Venus Body Elin

post-64505-0-66197600-1367687984_thumb.jpg post-64505-0-19795400-1367688019_thumb.jpg

Venus Body Voluptuous Elin

post-64505-0-66642700-1367688107_thumb.jpg post-64505-0-64177800-1367688119_thumb.jpg

Venus Body Cherub Elin - version 1 (chubby belly/abdomen)

post-64505-0-08466800-1367688164_thumb.jpg

Venus body Cherub Elin - version 2 (chubby belly)

post-64505-0-57145300-1367688242_thumb.jpg

Just curious about everyone's thought on a chubby-bottom Elin.

I do want to mention that I would still love the current Elins to eventually be made TBBP compatible. Truth be told the GT Elin's face is not really doing it for me. But like thecaboss said, there's no reason to put the GT project on hold just for that, wouldn't want to overwhelm you with side diversions or push aside other people's requests and all that.

Well, I have a few things:

1. I did a "Frankenstein" install of the voice packs, but I didn't like it, so I tried to revert and I broke it again. I will try to reinstall again later.

2. Verifying integrity of the game cache would not seem to be needed because

a- everything works fine as long as Elin were not involved

b- verifying the game cache through Steam usually deletes all of my mods in use (and I do not have the ones I use organized, including my personal WIP mod)

3. I also thought that "TBBP compatibility" could be simplified as "the ability to use TBBP without actually having a TBBP main body".

4. Although putting the GT project on hold is not necessary, a thought occurred to me: what if you were to implement the compatibility to both mods? Would it be better to invest time now to make both mods compatible?

All food for thought. There is no real reason to delay anything unless you can maybe save a few steps down the road. And I have races that use standard BBP bodies that can use TBBP (probably because of the TBBP capable skeleton and the Independent Bodies mod), so if a system like that could work, the standard Elin body could just be swapped when the armor is used and reverted when removed.

And if you must ask: No, I do not know what it would take to do this. I work on scripting and map building, not custom races with custom meshes and skeletons. I do not have the skill. I can barely figure out how to fit an oblivion mesh to a skyrim body in 3dsMax. If my ideas sound too crazy or difficult, I am sorry.

EDIT: I reinstalled the sound pack again, the same way as the other four times, and this time it decided to let me load saves. And, it has decided to allow the use of standard BBP armor on Elins without crashing (it just looks really weird).

I'm making the current Elins TBBP-compatible currently for 2 reasons:

1. Adding a TBBP body is long overdue.  The attempt I made before was only for show and only made use of the animations.  I guess it was merely just a proof of concept.
  2. The Elins are standalone.  The GT races will be standalone and if implemented correctly, will also be standalone from each other.  What this means is that each race can have their own body, skeleton, and textures.  When adding npc replacers, each (Tera) race will look different from each other and your character.  Picture this, the Elins can be child-size with an Elin-type body and normal textures, the Castanics can be adults with highly curvy CBBE body and dark-skin, the High-Elves can be adults with a UNP body and pale skin, and the humans can be teens with...whatever comes to mind.

So by successfully adding TBBP to the current Elins without it affecting any other races and allowing TBBP armors without crashing the game, I can then do the same with the GT races.  Of course there will also be the standard BBP and non-BBP options.

Also, I'll look into allowing an option to replace the GT Elin with the old Elins for those who prefer the original anime-ish look.

they look great, coming along nicely.. the chubby belly one is eh okay but the bottom is nice.  As far as faces you can always change the face with ECE I would imagine if you don't like it so there is always that unless you can't alter them then just gotta deal :).  Good Job Psycho

That all makes sense. The only reason I assumed that making Elin TBBP now would be for the GT Elin race if they used similar skeletons. The only thing that confuses me is to why you would use CBBE curvy for Castanics and UNP for High Elves and not reverse that if not use different customized versions of a CBBE body, but that is not really important. I honestly don't know what it takes to make a custom race. I made one once, and all that I did (body-wise) was change a texture path. What you are doing is insanely more complex, especially if you are going to be editing the meshes themselves to add more details.

I'm making the current Elins TBBP-compatible currently for 2 reasons:

1. Adding a TBBP body is long overdue.  The attempt I made before was only for show and only made use of the animations.  I guess it was merely just a proof of concept.
  2. The Elins are standalone.  The GT races will be standalone and if implemented correctly, will also be standalone from each other.  What this means is that each race can have their own body, skeleton, and textures.  When adding npc replacers, each (Tera) race will look different from each other and your character.  Picture this, the Elins can be child-size with an Elin-type body and normal textures, the Castanics can be adults with highly curvy CBBE body and dark-skin, the High-Elves can be adults with a UNP body and pale skin, and the humans can be teens with...whatever comes to mind.

So by successfully adding TBBP to the current Elins without it affecting any other races and allowing TBBP armors without crashing the game, I can then do the same with the GT races.  Of course there will also be the standard BBP and non-BBP options.

Also, I'll look into allowing an option to replace the GT Elin with the old Elins for those who prefer the original anime-ish look.

I like the way you are going with the Elins (new universal face masks/head meshes, new body meshes/skeletons), but i too like the look of the 'old' Elins.

Just look at this Cutie.

Although it took me quite a while to get her to look a little more 'normal' (non-Elin hair/head), with custom Body part sizes (head was way to big for example) and meshes & textures.

But in my oppinion, the 'anime-ish' look can be tweaked (like in the pic) to make the best damn anime-like race in the game.

(the old Elins looked kind out of place in Skyrim, with their plastic hair, looks and tails, think of the Followers, like in Post #1;  the girl in the Pic fits better, but it all comes down to taste i guess...)

Anyway, i'd suggest keeping the old facegen maks around via chooseable setting in the Elin installer for the anime-like look in the pic, in addition to the more normal face masks you've made.

Side Note:

Have you thought about making a single folder structure for the Elins like i mentioned in post #170?

Much cleaner that way, and easier to mod. Additional special followers can bring their own custom body parts in their separate folders.

Side Note 2:

I've attatched a animation file i'm currently using via the Elin Idle animations folder.

I's the TBBP player spin animation that the TBBP animation does all the time (they use it as the normal idle, annoying as hell), but in my case i've replaced CustomIdle_01_Action03.hkx and CustomIdle_01_Action04.hkx with it.

Now my Elin does it's usual idle animation (where it's shakeing around a bit), and after a few seconds she chooses one of the random Idle actions, like the caramelldansen; and now she does the TBBP spin at random as well. (you see only the spin and the breasts bouncing, since no true tbbp and all...)

Please add this spin anim to the idle list for the others as well, looks simply great.

post-79223-0-35478500-1367782237_thumb.jpg

CustomIdle_01_Action03.rar

@Mistle

The VB Cherub body still needs some work.  Whether I'll include it with the other custom bodies or not remains to be seen.

@Thecaboss

I was just giving an example as a way to explain what I meant by each GT race being standalone from each other and trying to add diversification.  I was merely picturing the Castanic female as a sort of Valkyrie or Amazonian warrior and the High Elf female as a mysterious beauty, mystical and sensual.

Actually, I'm going for a more modular approach in which there will be one master file containing all 4 races, race traits, abilities, and powers, and body information.  This way, it should make it easier to create npc replacers, new npcs, and followers; all information is there.

I would like to include a diverse set of bodies/textures/tintmasks and such which may prove some use for followers and npcs, but how to implement this approach when creating a pc is something I will have to look into further.

You mentioned you do scripting.  Can you help out with creating or editing scripts?

@Spamhunter

Thank you.  I'll add a link to your post in the OP.  I'll try this out as soon as I have the opportunity.

I am adding the current Elins as an optional replacer to the GT Elin and I will restructure the folders.  The 2chElin folder will remain untouched because this is used by the summoned Elins.

I am still learning how to do Skyrim's scripting. I haven't done a lot, and most of what I do is within the CK, but I could probably help in some small way...it just might take a while. Everything I do is quite basic just to test the system out. I am more familiar with Oblivion scripts to be honest, but they have changed in Skyrim enough to confuse me. If you let me know what you might need help with, I might be able to take a look at it, but I can't guarantee a miracle.

And having a mod where people can choose from body types...I don't know why I even said anything in the first place because that is how you Elin race mod is now, really...It just makes more sense...

No offense taken.  I'm just saying all the bodies I've been making go through numerous changes.  The cherub body is something totally new and I never really know if it's a keeper until after, say, at least 3 modifications.  That was the same with the other Venus bodies I have made.

I may not include this as a body option, but I'm certain when I get the look just right, I'll use it for a new summon spell I would like to create.

Well, then. I am just confused. About everything. The thread and the game. Skyrim just had a CTD during Dawnguard as an Elin. I had half-expected something of the sort if I became a vampire...but not when I was rejected from the castle....unfortunately, I am too tired at this time to test other custom races to see if they have the same problem...

EDIT: False alarm. Not problem with Elin race. All of my script files just randomly disappeared. Don't know why, when, or how, but I have it working for now. I love how I have weird problems like this. My computer must be the Bermuda Triangle of Skyrim mods. Stuff disappears, evolves, explodes, and opens rifts in the space-time continuum(Let me tell you that it is very fun when that happens :dodgy: ). I could write a pamphlet about all of the strange problems I have...

Anyway, still enjoy the Elin race. I may be a novice in many ways with Skyrim mods currently, but let me know if I can help with something.

Op, I don't now what the others think, but a Big-assed (if such a word exist) elin is always a must. In adittion, if this mod works with "racemenu" would be a win-win cuz in can resize it in-game at my expense.

Variety is always welcome.