Installing SMP & CBBE (Solved)

Intro

Alright, I have been trying to do this for the last couple of hours. I watched video guides, read 'how to install' guides and experimented myself until my pride broke. The result, no physics no matter what I did.

Issue:

I am using MO2 aka Mod Manager and FNIS XXL.

I have SKSE, XPMSSE, BodySlide & Outfit Studio, and Race Menu. All the requirements to get SMP-HDT to work.

I need help with getting the physics to work. I have installed HDT-SMP both manually and with MO2. Not sure if this is the issue but I doubt it. I am trying to get it to work with CBBE 3BBB too but don't really care as long as I get physics now.

Currently, I can only change the body shape of my PC and the NPC bodies.

image.png.a0ef616c925153fdb04dcbee3f222fc8.pngimage.png.7c61a07b94ab8e6280470ad1df22eb81.pngimage.png.d309acfcf7d84b34a36eca37e8181c73.png

I hope the information above helps. Also question, do I need to make changes to the setting tab at the bottom right of BodySlide?

17 minutes ago, Scholarly Badger said:

From the looks of it, you're building too many bodies and the non-physics ones are overwriting the physics ones. When you're doing the groups for batch build, only select 3BBB and any outfits you want to do.

Just tried it. There was still a lack of physics and when I removed the armor from the pc their chest became smaller. Thanks for the suggestion.

Good news, I managed to get it going. Bad news, it doesn't work with armor. The way I managed to get it working was by going into my mod configuration. It appears that I had to activate it. I had no idea. No guide ever mentioned having to activate it. Anyway, this was for CBBE 3BB Physics. I like it anyway so that is great. Alright, I now need ideas on how to get it working on the armor.

23 minutes ago, ThePervert101 said:

Just tried it. There was still a lack of physics and when I removed the armor from the pc their chest became smaller. Thanks for the suggestion.

Dang. Well then, a few questions. Are there also no physics when nude or are you just having problems when wearing outfits? It doesn't show up on the plugin list, so have you installed CBPC? As well, that HDT armor replacer you installed are the ones labeled "CT77" so build those instead of the vanilla ones.

This should help with the armor physics ^

15 minutes ago, Scholarly Badger said:

Dang. Well then, a few questions. Are there also no physics when nude or are you just having problems when wearing outfits? It doesn't show up on the plugin list, so have you installed CBPC? As well, that HDT armor replacer you installed are the ones labeled "CT77" so build those instead of the vanilla ones.

This should help with the armor physics ^

Just tried it. The PC chest still doesn't move. I will keep experimenting.

What do you mean with "had to activate it" activate it where?

HDT works in any armor that has physics enabled, these are usually outfits built in Bodyslide and you'll know if the items are physic enabled because it's mentioned in the mod description adding the BS files or in the BS files itself.

2 minutes ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

What do you mean with "had to activate it" activate it where?

HDT works in any armor that has physics enabled, these are usually outfits built in Bodyslide and you'll know if the items are physic enabled because it's mentioned in the mod description adding the BS files or in the BS files itself.

Well, before no matter what the characters in the game never had physics. I downloaded CBBE 3BBB. They still did not have physics but when I went into Mod Configuration I saw CBBE 3BBB there. I clicked it and read what it said. There were options to activate the physics on the characters. PC and NPC. I activated mine first. On the top left it will say SMP mode and if you click it again it will say CPBC Mode. Anyway, I have SMP so I kept it there. Afterwards, I tried moving but had armor on so nothing was happening. Once I removed it the breasts were moving.

2 minutes ago, ThePervert101 said:

Well, before no matter what the characters in the game never had physics. I downloaded CBBE 3BBB. They still did not have physics but when I went into Mod Configuration I saw CBBE 3BBB there. I clicked it and read what it said. There were options to activate the physics on the characters.

Yeah, that's explained in the 3BBB description. There is even a video showing how to toggle HDT-SMP on/off.

The armor thing shouldn't be that hard, like I said any physic enabled outfit will have HDT physics. So it really comes to which outfits you're using and if they support physics. Most armors by now have at least basic physics.

1 minute ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

Yeah, that's explained in the 3BBB description. There is even a video showing how to toggle HDT-SMP on/off.

The armor thing shouldn't be that hard, like I said any physic enabled outfit will have HDT physics. So it really comes to which outfits you're using and if they support physics. Most armors by now have at least basic physics.

Darn, you are right. Sorry for causing so much trouble. Well, I still have to figure out the armor bit. Maybe it is the armor I am wearing. I will have to experiment a little to see.

13 minutes ago, ThePervert101 said:

Just tried it. The PC chest still doesn't move. I will keep experimenting.

Alright, I checked out the description of that mod for the bodyslide instructions, and you should have had a group called "CT77 Complete Physics" and/or "CT77 Realistic Physics". I installed just to be sure and there it is:

1107823590_Screenshot(46).png.546fb60719c3db5c1b7e027f34439101.png

I think you just chose the wrong options in the FOMOD, so reinstall and select the Complete Physics or Realistic Physics option.

install hdt-smp - the SMP engine

install cbbe-3bbb - make sure to include all the whizbang, including the optional CBPC config ini insertion.

install CBPC - the CBP engine

(optional) install Sinful CBP - an mcm interface to CBP

open bodyslide

choose a 3bbb amazing BODY

chose only a 3bbb (or cbbe advanced) PRESET.  (to ensure you have the proper sliders for 3BBB)

tweak body as desired

build body, feet and hands (and if you intend on using racemenu as well, check the Build morphs checkbox

In game, make sure to open the SInful CBP MCM and ensure the auto tune (or something like that) is enabled

open the 3BBB MCM and set a hotkey for switching between CBPC and SMP mode.

That should be it for making the body work.

When selecting armor, you're going to find that many of them are using "traditional" CBBE reference bodies with limited or no physics

You can edit the outfits in outfit studio if you know what you're doing, both to replace the reference body (afaik, the best advice I've read so far, if you're the only character who'll be wearing the item, is to use your own built player body as the reference body... all caveats and possibilities apply, ie custom armor sets for various followers..) for proper fitting, and when physics isn't active for the armor, to apply it. I don't know how to do either (or haven't tried anyway), although there are paint-by-number instructions for doing so if you look around. I've read them, but only in passing. 

3 minutes ago, Scholarly Badger said:

Alright, I checked out the description of that mod for the bodyslide instructions, and you should have had a group called "CT77 Complete Physics" and/or "CT77 Realistic Physics". I installed just to be sure and there it is:

I think you just chose the wrong options in the FOMOD, so reinstall and select the Complete Physics or Realistic Physics option.

I am not getting the option. Did you download the Replacer or the Stadalone? Not too sure if there is a difference.

Give me a moment, I just read the description and want to try something myself.

35 minutes ago, Scholarly Badger said:

Sorry, I'm still not getting the option. There is no option for complete physics or realistic physics. Did you download it from here or somewhere else?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25259?tab=description

I seen this posted on Reddit, it helped me.

"Make sure you have the latest SKSE installed

- Install XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended, make sure you pick the Physics Extensions version in the installation.

- Make sure XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended is at the bottom of your load order and don't let anything overwrite it.

- Install CBP Physics

- Install Sinful CBP Physics (I am telling you to do this step because it is an easy way to get an obvious jiggle value just to know if they are working or not). Pick the 223 option in the installation

- Make sure to place Sinful CBP Physics AFTER CBP Physics, let it overwrite it

- Run FNIS

- Test it in game and see if the breasts move when the female characters are walking"

Tried to move the XP32 Maxmium Skeleton to the bottom but that did not work out. Also, I'm trying to use HDT-SMP with CBBE 3BBB. For now, I will keep trying. I know that there is a way to do it since there are people uploading videos on youtube about it.

Anyone has any ideas of how to get CT77 Complete Physics to work? I am trying to get the armor/clothing physics going but failing so far. The physics run fine without the armor/clothes.

1 hour ago, ThePervert101 said:

Mystery solved! I needed to download both CBPC and CBP in order to get it working.

That doesn't sound right. CBP is redundant if you have CBPC. If you meant CBPC and HDT-SMP, yeah, that's used for most of the install configurations you can get in the 3BBB installer. Note that whenever you switch to SMP off any available NPC (nude female using the 3BBB amazing body or wearing an outfit with physics enabled) will use CBPC.

36 minutes ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

That doesn't sound right. CBP is redundant if you have CBPC. If you meant CBPC and HDT-SMP, yeah, that's used for most of the install configurations you can get in the 3BBB installer. Note that whenever you switch to SMP off any available NPC (nude female using the 3BBB amazing body or wearing an outfit with physics enabled) will use CBPC.

Then I guess I have a redundant mod. It works now so I prefer to keep it in fear of ruining whatever I have going but I try to remember that if something ever goes wrong with the physics.

• 2 months later...

Could someone please help, I'm having the same issue as in nothing is working, no physics.

I have a very simple config as opposed to OP: just the basics and I can't it get it to work.

1. XPMSE

2. CBBE

3. HDT SMP

4. CBBE SMP 3BBB

5. Build the "CBBE SMP 3BBB" body in BodySlide.

Nothing, no MCM menu ingame.

Please help I'm getting desperate here haha

7 minutes ago, Tsewe17 said:

Nothing, no MCM menu ingame.

Please help I'm getting desperate here haha

CBBE SMP (3BBB) is a different mod, it doesn't come with an MCM.

CBBE 3BBB is the mod discussed in this thread, and if you have it you should get the MCM in game (and the body sets to build in Bodyslide are  CBBE 3BBB Body Amazing, the feet/hands and the SMP objects for the player and NPCs too, similar names for all these sets).

Tsewe17,

In fact, while it is an option, CBBE SMP is largely considered obsolete. CBBE-3BBB is the defacto standard and supersedes the intermediary CBBE-SMP mod. 

When I updated from 1.5.80 to 1.5.97 I tried CBBE-SMP and it just didn't work well. I uninstalled it, installed CBBE-3BBB and all was well with the world.

Just follow the process I laid out a few posts above this one. and you should be good to go.