[Solved] How to fix the crime reporting?

I got caught picking the lock of a chest at the WhiteRun Guard post on the boarder of The Pale.

Got 5gold bounty that they wanted to arrest me for. Didn't really fancy the diversion to Dragons Reach or the possibility the pervs would steal some of my clothes as they did previously, for no good reason. So I ran and, with the help of the essential Pale Guard that patrols that road and some SabreCats and wolves, all three guards died. None by my hand.

But I still had 5 bounty even though all the possible witnesses were dead.

This happens with both Crime Radius and NARC (No Animals Report Crime) installed, so who is reporting this crime? It was way out of range of Cicero, the farming couple or the Pale Guard, even without the mod reducing the Radius.

From what I can tell, after running through this scenario a dozen times, your bounty only gets reset/removed if you actually kill (or have a hand in killing, maybe?) the witness(es)

Can anyone confirm this is the case?

Is there a mod that fixes it, if so?

Maybe some creature reported you? Did your sneak work?

Only 5 gold? I have to reduce the Bashed Patch bounty tweaks ?

"But I still had 5 bounty even though all the possible witnesses were dead. "

Doesn't that only work if no one is near those witnesses while they get killed?

Or do you have to kill them yourself?

Good questions.

Why don't you pay the 5 gold?

I answer that myself, you have no mod installed that prevents the teleport to the capital after paying your bounty.

Now I wonder what mod prevents me from getting teleported around ?

13 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

Maybe some creature reported you? Did your sneak work?

NARC is meant to stop that

I was spotted picking a lock.

14 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

Doesn't that only work if no one is near those witnesses while they get killed?

Or do you have to kill them yourself?

I don't know, but I ran the guards East on one attempt, killed one myself, the other two ended up dying due to SaberCat interference. Left nothing alive. Still a bounty (1045 now, lock pick, assault and murder) which led me to believe that I have to kill all the witnesses, them just dying is not good enough.

Yeah, I wasn't joking about them stealing amour, it wasn't stolen gear either, my shoulder strap and skirt were taken last time I paid a bounty.

8 hours ago, PubliusNV said:

Do you have the the Sexlab Paycrime mod? It exchanges sex with a guard for paying a bounty.  My PC never has to go to the jail unless she wants to.

The only two crime mods I use are supposed to lower the radius of reporting and stopping the animals being able to report crime (not sure how, guess it removes Dr Dolittle from the guard ranks or something)

As for using sex as a bribe.

Spoiler

WouldPreferCake.png.85766ee99e120f38d40534901e639695.png

That would be a hard NO with this character ?

Although that's an idea, I will look to see if there isn't a mod that lets you bribe the guard to look the other way or something.

6 minutes ago, Mez558 said:

not sure how, guess it removes Dr Dolittle from the guard ranks or something

Assuming this is animal reporting, it is the factions the animals are in that is the problem.  May want to load up TESEdit and be sure nothing is overwriting the changes NARC is making.  Lots of mods tamper with factions (and do so carelessly).

5 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

Assuming this is animal reporting, it is the factions the animals are in that is the problem.  May want to load up TESEdit and be sure nothing is overwriting the changes NARC is making.  Lots of mods tamper with factions (and do so carelessly).

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll double check but it's not likely. NARC was the last thing I installed. After the first attempt with getting away with lock picking and leading the guards to their death I figured it had to have been an animal that betrayed me.

So I have found out the issue, sort of.

At this outpost there are 3 WR guards

Guard 1 hangs around the Weapons Rack

Guard 2 Sits up on the old ramparts

Guard 3 Stands out front, facing the farm and the Pale.

Any sort of crime you commit, that isn't murdering Guard 2 or Guard 3, is instantly reported to WR Guard HQ, this includes killing Guard 1. They know already, your bounty is out and the Mandalorian has been dispatched to punish you with derivitive storylines and bland dialogue.

If you Kill Guards 2 and 3 then you will get away with their killings but only their killings.

In conclusion... I think Guard 1 has a bodycam.

Either way I am now certain it's neither an animal nor an excessive crime detection/witness radius that is causing the issue. It's just a bug.

Well that was boring.

Sorry.