Same group of animations, over and over

2 hours ago, rcy68 said:

their animobj.esps differently.

The opposite. While the object itself maybe different, there is a gigantic amount of cut and paste and the more patreon money you get, the more "borrowing" you tend to do, strange how that works.

33 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

For instance, there are a few animators who named their objects "AOChair".  If they'd gone with "AORozChair", "AOAnubChair" and "AOKomChair", then no issues.  But they didn't.

Sadly, unless animators fix it on their end, there is no good permanent solution.

A simple xEdit script could be written to do that automatically. Read the EditorID of AnimObjs, prefix it with the plugin's name (ex: "Plugin_AOChair"), write and dump a reference file.

Now you could write a Python script to import this reference file and change the names within the behavior files.

1 hour ago, Hawk9969 said:

A simple xEdit script could be written to do that automatically. Read the EditorID of AnimObjs, prefix it with the plugin's name (ex: "Plugin_AOChair"), write and dump a reference file.

Now you could write a Python script to import this reference file and change the names within the behavior files.

You missed the step of changing the files that generate the hkx to rename all of the animobject references there, then re-run FNIS Generate for Modders for every effected file, which would require going through all of them to find every instance of said AO.

All of which is doable, except... For some folks, you have to do this every month.  Personally, that's the line that takes it from "doable" to "rather not bother and hope the animator does it themselves".

2 hours ago, Seijin8 said:

You missed the step of changing the files that generate the hkx to rename all of the animobject references there, then re-run FNIS Generate for Modders for every effected file, which would require going through all of them to find every instance of said AO.

I didn't miss it, you either change the text file and then re-run FNIS/Nemesis, or change it directly into the binary behavior file, which won't require you to re-run FNIS/Nemesis.

The process is automatic, all you would need to do is run xEdit, select all the esps containing animobjs for SexLab, apply the script and then run the Python script with the dumped file from xEdit.

In any case, if anyone wants to bother with this, here. This is actually more complex than just changing the EDIDs, it checks for conflicting EDID with ANIO records and tells you the plugins that it conflicts with.

Feel free to expand it into the idea above, if you want. My account is currently queued for deletion so I won't get myself involved with public projects anymore.

Spoiler

[00:00] Start: Applying script "Find conflicting Animated Object Editor IDs"
===== Verifying =====
[AnubAnimObj.esp] "AORieklingThrone" conflicts with: SLALAnimObj.esp
[AnubAnimObj.esp] "AORock" conflicts with: SLALAnimObj.esp
[AnubAnimObj.esp] "AOdagger" conflicts with: SLALAnimObj.esp
[AnubAnimObj.esp] "AOchest" conflicts with: SLALAnimObj.esp
[AnubAnimObj.esp] "AOpilloryanub" conflicts with: SLALAnimObj.esp
[AnubAnimObj.esp] "AOCrate" conflicts with: SLALAnimObj.esp
[AnubAnimObj.esp] "AOcuffs" conflicts with: SLALAnimObj.esp
[AnubAnimObj.esp] "AOVial" conflicts with: SLALAnimObj.esp
[AnubAnimObj.esp] "AOChair" conflicts with: SLALAnimObj.esp
[AnubAnimObj.esp] "AOSweetroll" conflicts with: SLALAnimObj.esp
[AnubAnimObj.esp] "AOcoffin" conflicts with: SLALAnimObj.esp
[AnubAnimObj.esp] "AOnoblebeddouble" conflicts with: SLALAnimObj.esp
[AnubAnimObj.esp] "AORock2" conflicts with: SLALAnimObj.esp
[SLAL_AnimationsByLeito.esp] "AOPillory" conflicts with: SLALAnimObj.esp
[SLAL_AnimationsByLeito.esp] "AONobleBedDouble" conflicts with: SLALAnimObj.esp,AnubAnimObj.esp
[SLAL_AnimationsByLeito.esp] "AORieklingThrone" conflicts with: SLALAnimObj.esp,AnubAnimObj.esp
[SLALAnimObjBillyy.esp] "AOPillory" conflicts with: SLALAnimObj.esp,SLAL_AnimationsByLeito.esp
[SLALAnimObjBillyy.esp] "AOCoffin" conflicts with: SLALAnimObj.esp,AnubAnimObj.esp
===== 22 conflict(s) within 9 plugin(s). =====
[00:00] Done: Applying script "Find conflicting Animated Object Editor IDs", Processed Records: 472, Elapsed Time: 00:00

Find conflicting Animated Object Editor IDs.pas

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I`m back. Sorry, but was kinda pointless until I got a game up and running.

It seems like the problem is most likely the filters some mods have. Aggressive/consensual, Bound/not bound, etc..

The only issue that`s left(regarding animations) is the FF animations. I have quite a few of them, but it only gives me 3 to choose from("Let`s make love like only girls can."), or just 1 in one specific scenario(PAHE training oral FF). I`d like to have FM/MF animations to work with FF situations, just with a strap on. I don`t think this was an issue until I downloaded SLAL packs with "Lesbian" specific categories. So I wonder, if there was zero FF animations, would it fall back to MF/FM animations when an FF one was called for? If it was up to me, whenever hot girl-on-girl action started, I`d have the game use FF/MF/FM animations, not just FF, which is what I think is happening. But even then, I should have more than 3(borked tags, perhaps?). Also, if I get "Defeat"ed by a woman, I`m pretty sure the girls use MF/FM without issue.

May have to start a new game again. My last couple saves got borked. They either load in fine, but CTD when I save/autosave(corrupt save, I`ve been told), or just crash as soon as I click to load it. So annoying. I added POP, so maybe that was a bit too much for my dinosaur to handle, on top of the DD(six or so) and PAHE(3 or 4) mods. I`ve also noticed that loading screens take way longer, all of a sudden. Like 5 minutes to start the game.

Man, this is clearly a case of "I know just enough to be dangerous". I can`t even fall back to Oblivion for a break, because I have to fix it. Won`t even load the load screen. And I`m scared to even try FNV. Which is a shame, since it has the best stories.

Side Note: If a simple fix for the animobj.esp conflict problem was to become a reality, that would be great. But anything that requires going into CK or whatever...I ain`t touching it. I could do REAL damage. It`d be so much simpler if the animators all got on the same page. The consensus seems to be it`s really simple to fix, after all. Maybe if people start shaming them? "Hey, dumbass! Do your animobj.esps right! We`re tired of invisible furniture!" <<<<Just kidding. Don`t do that.;)