Same group of animations, over and over

I have over 400 "Human" sex animations. But I get the same group of 4 animations most of the time. I`m not certain, but the other categories might be the same. I`m just hoping to get a few general, generic causes for that. Personally, I`m thinking a mod that looks for specific tags(tags are fucked! animators really need to get on the same page with those), or an MCM setting, somewhere.

I know I should attach logs and load order, but #1: If it`s just a "me" problem, I don`t feel right wasting someone else`s time with it. And B: I`m old, so simple things(creating a log file; attaching things to posts, etc.) aren`t simple for me, so I don`t F with it. It`s a miracle I figured out enough to mod the game to begin with. That`s why I just want generic causes for my issue. You know...the usual suspects.

Thanks to anyone who took the time to at least read this.

Did you register the other animations?

If you are using SLAL, on the first page of the MCM, use the "Count Animations"  button to see how many are active.

How are you triggering the animations to start?  Some mods do so through restrictive tags lists that can only find specific animations.

Did you check with SL Tools during a sexlab scene if more animations are available?

If you have mostly mods that trigger aggressive animations check if you have enough tagged in SL, because most SL animations that would fit the aggressive bill might not be flagged as such by default (looking at you FF and spanking animations ?).

If you PC is bound by DDs you could also deactivate the DDi filters to have more choices (again via SL Tools)

2 hours ago, Seijin8 said:

Did you register the other animations?

If you are using SLAL, on the first page of the MCM, use the "Count Animations"  button to see how many are active.

How are you triggering the animations to start?  Some mods do so through restrictive tags lists that can only find specific animations.

Ran FNIS, enabled in MCM, they`re all there and ready to go. The count is good. All animations are triggered through mods. For the most part, I let the game decide when sex is triggered, or dialogue. Rarely use hotkeys to trigger it.(I don`t use matchmaker) I`m aware of the impact tags have on which animations are available, and set things in the MCM to insure proper diversity.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

Did you check with SL Tools during a sexlab scene if more animations are available?

If you have mostly mods that trigger aggressive animations check if you have enough tagged in SL, because most SL animations that would fit the aggressive bill might not be flagged as such by default (looking at you FF and spanking animations ?).

If you PC is bound by DDs you could also deactivate the DDi filters to have more choices (again via SL Tools)

I don`t use SL Tools. Mods like that scare me. I worry I`ll bork something out of ignorance and have to reinstall everything.

When I hit the key to change animations, it only cycles through 4. The same 4, most of the time, depending on what type it is. Same 4 vag/ same 4 oral/ same 4 anal. If aggressive, then 4 aggressive. Consensual/Bound, etc...same. Now that I think about it, creatures might be that way too. Hmm. It could be, that for every different category of animation, the game just picks 4 for each at the beginning of the play-through. Are animations broken up into groups of 4 in Sexlab?

I run through all the animations in MCM, making sure they`re in the right categories( consensual/aggressive/foreplay). Takes forever. Be nice if there was some SOP for tags.

Yeah, filters like DD and other mods have was the first thing I looked at. Why deactivate with SL Tools over the MCM?

Thanks.

Let me stress again that I`m just looking for some general spitballing, here. I don`t want anyone spending much time on this. A post or two, then move on. I have no problem being left to wallow in my own ignorance.?

21 minutes ago, rcy68 said:

I don`t use SL Tools. Mods like that scare me. I worry I`ll bork something out of ignorance and have to reinstall everything.

Nah, it's save to use. With your logic you shouldn't install any mods just to be save.

What is save to use can be found here:

Spoiler

I have SL Tools in any LO variation for years, couldn't even play without it anymore. If you install so many juicy animations you want to choose the right one for the right situation or just go crazy. Without it your pretty much depended on what tags the mods call and how many filters you have activated and randomness.

For example having DD filters and ZAP filters activated is a bad idea. The more filters are activated the less animations can be called per tag.

Also make sure that all animations are activated in SL, means in the SL MCM animation editor only those animations can be choosen by mods that are ticked, regardless if you registered them with SLAL.

Also remember there are not only filters in DDi and ZAP, but also in SL like the aggressive filter or gay filter or no standing on bed filter.

You can make a test and add SL tools to your LO and deactivate all filters, you will be surprised how many animations/tag will be available.

SL Tools can't be easier to use, just hit the hotkey (default is "H") as soon as the SL scene starts and choose from a list what should be played. In the list you also see what animation got chosen already, this is great to know the animation names and to see what animations get called by mods that triggered the scene in the first place.

You make a strong case, Oh Wise One. I`ll check out Conglomerate.

About the "scary" mods, it`s just the ones that fall into the "tools" category that worry me. Moving/replacing/deleting stuff...scares the hell outta me. That`s why I took the time to learn MO. Very little F`ing around in the Skyrim Folder.

I shall wallow just a little bit less. Thanks.

1 hour ago, rcy68 said:

I don`t use SL Tools

Echoing @donttouchmethere: SL Tools is a must-have.  It gives you a visual indication of the internal lists being used so you may be able to spot the cause of the problems.

Regarding:

1 hour ago, rcy68 said:

Are animations broken up into groups of 4 in Sexlab?

The only numerical limit in Sexlab is the total animation count in a given scene which can't exceed 125.  If things are always splitting to 4 options, then there is a mod doing that and we would need to see a load order to identify that.

13 hours ago, rcy68 said:

When I hit the key to change animations, it only cycles through 4.

That can happen if a mod only calls for foreplay animations or if you never deactivated foreplay animations in SL MCM.

The reason is that there are only a very very limited amount of animations that are tagged as "foreplay" by default. You could rise the number of foreplay animations in SL MCM.

If foreplay is activated in SL MCM you will get always foreplay before any SL scene and those would be always limited to what is flagged as foreplay in SL MCM.

12 hours ago, rcy68 said:

You make a strong case, Oh Wise One. I`ll check out Conglomerate.

I'm sorry if I come over a bit like a smarty pants ^^. It's just that I do all that LO building for a while now and made most possible errors myself and learned from those. Without those user errors I made I wouldn't even be able to write anything in tech support. Skyrim Setup Building is serious business! ?

12 hours ago, rcy68 said:

About the "scary" mods, it`s just the ones that fall into the "tools" category that worry me. Moving/replacing/deleting stuff...scares the hell outta me. That`s why I took the time to learn MO. Very little F`ing around in the Skyrim Folder.

What!? You are even using MO! That's one more reason to be not afraid of new mods! I guess ?

Way more options to brutally experiment with mods and LOs. (I still use NMM and have to think a lot before doing something to avoid serious modding pains ?)

It's good to be careful if your main reason to mod Skyrim is to actually play it, but to evolve you have to make errors and try new things!

SL Tools is not in the "easy to fuck up" category, because it doesn't overwrite things and only does one thing (mainly): press H for more variety in bed melee situations ?

13 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

It's good to be careful if your main reason to mod Skyrim is to actually play it, but to evolve you have to make errors and try new things!

SL Tools is not in the "easy to fuck up" category, because it doesn't overwrite things and only does one thing (mainly): press H for more variety in bed melee situations ?

I don`t really want to pick the animations. Random is preferred, actually. Maybe, occasionally, when I`m breaking a slave, picking something out would be nice.

I was wondering...my computer is really weak. Stuttering and lag are just normal. Could lag or script lag(?) have anything to do with it?

Well, I`ve been kinda annoyed with Skyrim, so I haven`t played in about a week. I guess I`ll tweak my LO. Drop as much as I can bring myself to get rid of, and undergo the 3 hour pre-game prep setting up MCM and animations. How I dread clicking "New Game". My dream is that some day, my game will be stable enough to actually keep a PC longer than a month or two. If I never see Bleak Falls Barrow again, it`ll be too soon.?

39 minutes ago, rcy68 said:

Drop as much as I can bring myself to get rid of, and undergo the 3 hour pre-game prep setting up MCM and animations. How I dread clicking "New Game". My dream is that some day, my game will be stable enough to actually keep a PC longer than a month or two.

I know THAT feeling. Especially the 3 hours of MCM tweaking are a pain in the ass so a new game doesn't end in a clusterfuck ?

Don't forget to save all your MCMs (at least those with a save function) and Sexlab MCM before starting a new game! Maybe even your char preset if if you liked it.

Maybe post LO for some ideas how to reduce the lag? Also the stability fixes from my blog help a lot (skse.ini, ENboost, crash fixes, beth.ini, don't ask me how to install those with MO ?)

39 minutes ago, rcy68 said:

I was wondering...my computer is really weak. Stuttering and lag are just normal. Could lag or script lag(?) have anything to do with it?

I doubt it, although SL gets slow later in game, means after over 120 hours of gameplay.

I doubt even more that it causes you to only see 4 animations of any kind, unless you don't have many animations installed or activated.

Did deactivating foreplay animations help?

7 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

don't ask me how to use those with MO

All of them work fine with MO.

@rcy68

At this point, seeing the load order is the only reasonable option.  Exactly 4 animations is a mod interaction.  I can't think of a mod that does that, but a load order might jog the memory.

10 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

I don't doubt that, I just wouldn't be able to explain how to install them right with MO, would need to read up for that ?

With those kinds of things (SKSE plugins), they work out of the box, no different than any other mod.  ENBoost is the only exception, which needs to be put into the Skyrim directory and not MO-managed.

14 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

Maybe post LO for some ideas how to reduce the lag? Also the stability fixes from my blog help a lot (skse.ini, ENboost, crash fixes, beth.ini, don't ask me how to install those with MO ?)

I`ve got all those installed. And unfortunately, I think I only have like 2 mods that let me save the MCM settings. And saving SexLab settings only partially work. The page where you put all the animations in Consentual/Forced/Foreplay only partially saves. But that could be because new animations were added.

And as for the Foreplay animations, I always turn them off. Although, I still run through all the animations and put most of the BJs and some other things that seem appropriate in the Foreplay category. I wind up with around 40+ foreplay animations. AND I haven`t started a new game yet.

Figured out how to post load order with LOOT:

Spoiler

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm
SexLab.esm
SexLabAroused.esm
CreatureFramework.esm
ZaZAnimationPack.esm
MiasLair.esp
WM Flora Fixes.esp
EFFCore.esm
ApachiiHair.esm
ApachiiHairMales.esm
ApachiiHairFemales.esm
hdtHighHeel.esm
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
RaceCompatibility.esm
paradise_halls.esm
dcc-soulgem-oven-000.esm
Devious Devices - Assets.esm
Devious Devices - Integration.esm
Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
FISS.esp
Invisibility Eyes Fix.esp
Paralyze.esp
Weapons & Armor_TrueOrcish&DaedricWeapons.esp
Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp
Weapons & Armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp
Complete Crafting_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp
Insignificant Object Remover.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
SkyUI.esp
UIExtensions.esp
FNIS.esp
paradise_halls_SLExtension.esp
MoreBanditCamps(Explorer'sEdition).esp
Prettier Bandits.esp
NARC.esp
SexLabDefeat.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dawnguard.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dragonborn.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer.esp
NH_MiniSkirts.esp
EtR MBC Camp Patch (explore).esp
MoreNastyCritters.esp
SlaveTats.esp
EFFDialogue.esp
TERAArmors_CBBE.esp
Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
Modern Brawl Bug Fix.esp
Angeli Devious Expansion.esp
mslDeviousCaptures.esp
SLAnimLoader.esp
SLAL_AnimationByBakaFactory.esp
SLAL_AnimationsByLeito.esp
EstrusChaurus.esp
EstrusSpider.esp
EstrusTrappedEggs.esp
RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp
12FemaleBrows.esp
HDT Havok Object.esp
SexLab Strapon.esp
MHBValaria.esp
MHBGretta.esp
SOSRaceMenu.esp
RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp
Facelight.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp
Immersive Arousal.esp
Beastess Forsworn.esp
Tavitha.esp
HentaiCreatures.esp
RemoveSmoke.esp
SexLab_SOS-Stapon.esp
sr_FillHerUp.esp
SexLab Aroused Creatures.esp
Pahe_Dwarven_Devious_suits.esp
NCK30Obj.esp
NibblesAnimObjects.esp
AnubAnimObj.esp
PsycheAnimationObjects.esp
SLALAnimObj.esp
SLALAnimObjBillyy.esp
ParadiseHallsMiasLairPatch.esp
BeastessLair.esp
SexLab Beastess.esp
Immersive Wenches.esp
Deviously Cursed Loot.esp
YurianaWench.esp
SkyfallEstateBuildable.esp
PAH_HomeSweetHome.esp
PAH_AndYouGetASlave.esp
Bijin AIO.esp
zBeastessLore.esp
Deadly Wenches.esp
FalmerBikini.esp
Tirk the Horny Riekling.esp
Beastess Vampire.esp
SuccubusRaceLite.esp
myCynthia.esp
Toccata.esp
Vivace.esp
Minerva.esp
SKY_Uniques.esp
DAZ3D Pumps and Stocking.esp
Rias_HS_DXD_Asherz.esp
AkilaByAsherz.esp
The Seven Wonders of Leyenda.esp
Lendri.esp
Forgotten Wenches.esp
Deadly Wenches - CBBE Tera Armors Always-.esp
MHBCalderenne.esp
MHBArganna.esp
FNISspells.esp
Darklilith.esp
[NIND] CBBE Slutty Sister LE.esp
[NIND] CBBE DEMv2 Mistress LE.esp
pahe_lakeview_manor_cell.esp
Dwarvenbikini.esp
Braelynn.esp
Serana.esp
Valerica.esp
My Home Is Your Home.esp
Lucretia.esp
Succubus-san.esp
Morwen.esp
Tulay.esp
Sparrow - An Epic Elves Follower - Standalone.esp
The Bondage House.esp
Aria Bal Follower.esp
KamakoFollower.esp
Oblivion Realm in the flesh.esp
ta4_ris.esp
Shyvana.esp
viernafollower.esp
Zoe.esp
rtZuleikaFollower.esp
CP_Elsie.esp
HOBMona.esp
SororityGirlsOfSkyrimByAsherz.esp
Twins.esp
Captives.esp
Immersive Wenches -Apachii hairs- Patch.esp
My Home Is Your Home dialogue patch.esp
DSHg - DragonPriest Masks.esp
DSHg - Hats.esp
DSHg - Helmets.esp
DSHg - Hoods.esp
DSHg - UpdateDB.esp
DSHg - UpdateDG.esp
AddItemMenuLE.esp
SexlabLightMeUp.esp
XPMSE.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
Alternate Start -- New Beginnings.esp
Deviously Cursed Loot LAL AddOn.esp
TES5Merge.esp                                                                        

I`m gonna lose the Beastess Mods. Really like it, but it`s too buggy. Don`t care for that other mod like it. Can`t remember the name. Might lose DCL too. It does a lot, and probably is more trouble than it`s worth(lag). If I do, planning to add Deviously Enchanted Chests and Devious Lore.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, installing DCL might be when my trouble started. Hmmm...

I know I stress how much of a caveman I am, but I`m not dumb. I can figure most stuff out, provided I`m not buried in acronyms. You young'uns LOVE acronyms. It`s why most tutorials are useless to me. Only Gopher and Gamerpoets(?) explain things properly. Everyone else seems to assume that everyone knows as much as they do. If that was so, I wouldn`t be watching your tutorial!?

48 minutes ago, rcy68 said:

Angeli Devious Expansion.esp

This one hits hard. Mainly a lot of Vram (Video Random Access Memory) is needed to display the equipment, deadly for weak Computers, will still cause lag on better PC. Only way to do something more with those than screen-archery is to optimize the textures with Optimizer Textures (Ordenador). Using single items works, but you still can experience lag from just checking your inventory if full outfits are stored there. I wonder if I ever tried it with my new PC ?

EstrusSpider.esp

Causes lag (script), but only during pregnancy. If the lag is too bad you can shorten the pregnancy time if you want to keep it.

Wait, why didn't I thought about that for my own setup >.<

Deviously Cursed Loot.esp

It doesn't cause lag (script) from just installing it, but some functions can cause lag. On my last setup DCL (Deviously Cursed Loot) worked without lag if:

> rape system deactivated

> follower system deactivated

but having any DCL follower caused lag again (Chloe, Sasha).

52 minutes ago, rcy68 said:

I wind up with around 40+ foreplay animations.

hohoho, that should be more than enough!

I actually don't see anything that could limit the number of possible playable SL animations, other then the filters we talked about. Would be interesting to know what mod started the SL scenes with the limited animation choices.

8 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

Would be interesting to know what mod started the SL scenes with the limited animation choices.

Hmmm...let me think...

Actually, I think anything that triggered sex animations. I really need to start a new game and see what`s up. Ugh! MCM.

Forgot about Sasha in DCL. Was really looking forward to adding her to my collection of sloots, when I had 10k to throw away on her. Ah, well. Definitely dropping DCL. Just too much going on in that mod. Plus I don`t really care for the prostitution it offers. AYGAS has prostitution.

I just had a thought...some of the SLAL packs come as multiple installs, i.e. Human/Creature/etc.. I always just install the multiple folders with the same name and merge them. All the Billyy animations in one, all the Anubs in one, etc. That`s fine, right? They all show up in the MCM. No way THAT would cause my animation woes, I would think.

19 minutes ago, rcy68 said:

I just had a thought...some of the SLAL packs come as multiple installs, i.e. Human/Creature/etc.. I always just install the multiple folders with the same name and merge them. All the Billyy animations in one, all the Anubs in one, etc. That`s fine, right? They all show up in the MCM. No way THAT would cause my animation woes, I would think.

Uhm, I merged SLAL pack just once, got odd results and gave up on that idea, Never tried it again ?

The esp you see are only for the animated objects of some of the SLAL pack animations. Still I fear you have change more so they can befound again, because merging them changes basically the esp name.

28 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

The esp you see are only for the animated objects of some of the SLAL pack animations. Still I fear you have change more so they can befound again, because merging them changes basically the esp name.

You can safely merge animobject files, and the formID doesn't matter -- the objects are found strictly by EditorID.  Only potential danger is if there are multiples with the same name (should be culled out if so).  Animators ought to name these something unique for themselves, but they don't always.

29 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

Uhm, I merged SLAL pack just once, got odd results and gave up on that idea, Never tried it again ?

I think you misunderstood. I just merge all the meshes and textures from, say Billyy, for example, into the same mod. Not only do I not mess with .esps, I have no idea HOW to mess with .esps. Some have fomods, so I don`t have to merge anything. Billyy, Anubs, Babo, etc. all remain separate from each other and remain their own mods. The animobj.esps stay untouched. Despite the fact some of them conflict with each other, which results in some objects not showing up in animation. Annoying, but I can live with it. Someone told me they conflict because the animators set up their animobj.esps differently. I can`t help but feel that a teeny-tiny bit of basic SOP among mod-makers would solve a LOT of conflict problems.

6 minutes ago, rcy68 said:

I just merge all the meshes and textures from, say Billyy, for example, into the same mod. Not only do I not mess with .esps,

AH! It's a MO thing. I was thinking like merging all SLAL packs with "Merge Plugins" or zEdit to reduce amount of esp and free plugin slots.

I was also confused that your LO still has all SLAL pack esp, that would have been some odd merge.

6 minutes ago, rcy68 said:

I can`t help but feel that a teeny-tiny bit of basic SOP among mod-makers would solve a LOT of conflict problems.

?me too

2 hours ago, rcy68 said:

I can`t help but feel that a teeny-tiny bit of basic SOP among mod-makers would solve a LOT of conflict problems.

True, but the real issue is that many of them don't know how or don't realize that the problem exists because of something they did.

Just in case you did want to fix the issue:  make sure no two objects in AnimObject section of any esp have the same names.  Normally it isn't an issue, but in this case, it is.  Part of why this eludes animators is because little else in Skyrim's engine behaves this way -- most everything modders will come into contact with sorts by unique formIDs, and doesn't really care about duplicate editorIDs.

Animobjects care only about EditorID.  Thus, confusion.

For instance, there are a few animators who named their objects "AOChair".  If they'd gone with "AORozChair", "AOAnubChair" and "AOKomChair", then no issues.  But they didn't.

Sadly, unless animators fix it on their end, there is no good permanent solution.